March mayhem,

Battle of the RPGs for the crown it looks like Bio vs Beth

It probably will be actually (though it would be more accurate to call it Mass Effect 3 vs Skyrim).

I hope Valve wins again so everyone gets really angry.

AC10:

I hope Mojang wins, just imagine the rage!

number2301:

AC10:

What rage? They actually released a game this year, so it's fair play. Last year, not so much.

I think bioware will lose out against either Nintendo or Mojang this year. The hate for bioware this year is much stronger.

I have Valve Vs Mojang in the finals with valve winning. Beth and Bio made it to the semi finals but I have them both losing to valve and Mojang

No it's definitely Bethesda, Valve didn't do much this past year (unless mistaken then please feel free to correct) and Mass effect 3 just released yesterday. I would say Skyrim is a much stronger contender

Supergiant Games for the win!

*waves flag*

Valve is going to win.

why would they?

Caleco:
why would they?

Bethesda vs Valve is going to be the battle of the century in the semi finals.

Valve has a very strong fanbase here. I mean here, Valve are basically treated like freaking gods. "HALF LIFE IS THE GREATEST SERIES EVEA! PORTAL IS THE MOST ORIGINAL GAME EVER MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...DE."...you get the picture. There very loved here, and the hate for them is almost none due to them being the makers of STEAM as well.

Now as for Bethesda, there fanbase is MUCH stronger then Valves, but they also have a little vocal hate crowd going. Both for their Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3. And with the release of Skyrim, Bethesda's name just got A LOT bigger.

I say Bethesda will win in a close one due to their release of Skyrim being the hot cover of 2011. I also think they should win anyway because I just loved Skyrim as well. I liked Portal 2 a lot but the problem with it is it has VERY LITTLE reply. The multiplayer doesn't justify it at all.

This should be fun though. My finals are Nintendo vs Bethesda with Bethesda coming out on top.

No matter what happens there will be rage. trust me

Relic will win by destroying everyone else with their awesome voice acting!

I wish...

ChupathingyX:
I wish...

Our enemies hide in metal bawkses, the cowards, THE FOOLS!

OhJohnNo:

ChupathingyX:
I wish...

Our enemies hide in metal bawkses, the cowards, THE FOOLS!

We must wipe them out with sim-ooltaneous and davahstatin, defehnsive deehp strikes!

I'd like to see From Software vs CDPR at the finale. They've contributed much to their respective platforms and deserve the recognition.

Chance are about 0.01% though.

Valve will win because this is a majority PC gaming forum, and Steam is the patron god of value among the people here.

Did they release a game recently? No. Will it matter? No.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
Valve will win because this is a majority PC gaming forum, and Steam is the patron god of value among the people here.

Portal 2 came out recently, DOTA 2 beta is fairly well spread and is currently running, Dota 2 will come out this year. Now mind you I have only tried one of them.

Antitonic:

number2301:

AC10:

What rage? They actually released a game this year, so it's fair play. Last year, not so much.

Yes but the Mojang / Notch hatred (or jealousy if you ask me) has really kicked off this year.

My final four was easy and predictable:

Obsidian. Valve. Bioware. Bethesda.

Why?

Because they are the 4 largest producers for heavily PC-based games. This is a majority PC Gaming forum. Predictable.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Someone has a big chip on their shoulder and I don't see why I have to keep bringing this up but a survey done on this site a couple of years had the console/PC split at 49%/51% in favour of PC. That is hardly a bias. It also does not take into account people coming here who are not usually members and voting something a lot of people seem to quickly forget. However, it is quite normal to see a shift of more people playing on console at the start of a console gen as it easier but towards the end the opposite happens.

If this was a majority PC forum you'd think you would stop seeing many misconceptions about PC gaming crop up so often but you do.

I know I've been guilty of this thinking myself but more than regulars come to vote in this massive Vs thread and nor do we own this Vs thread.

Zynga. Just to piss everyone off again.
I just want their topics to not show up in the Latest Posts segment on the front page or side bar. No one gives a fuck what anyone in those threads has to say.

Glademaster:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Someone has a big chip on their shoulder and I don't see why I have to keep bringing this up but a survey done on this site a couple of years had the console/PC split at 49%/51% in favour of PC. That is hardly a bias. It also does not take into account people coming here who are not usually members and voting something a lot of people seem to quickly forget. However, it is quite normal to see a shift of more people playing on console at the start of a console gen as it easier but towards the end the opposite happens.

If this was a majority PC forum you'd think you would stop seeing many misconceptions about PC gaming crop up so often but you do.

I know I've been guilty of this thinking myself but more than regulars come to vote in this massive Vs thread and nor do we own this Vs thread.

This site has an internet wide notoriety of being heavily PC biased. Many of the voters for the console/PC vote didn't register. They came for Yahtzee, saw the poll and voted, and moved on. You need to register to vote for the tourney. Because of that, people who stay (majority PC) will swing the votes.

I honestly have Atlus and Bethesda in the Finals. With From Software beating out Bioware and Creative Assembly or Konami beating out Valve.

Yeah wishful thinking. As I doubt Atlus will make it very far and From Software is already losing round one...

Regardless I have Bethesda winning it and I think atleast in that department I am pretty sure that's whats going to go down.

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Glademaster:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

This site has an internet wide notoriety of being heavily PC biased. Many of the voters for the console/PC vote didn't register. They came for Yahtzee, saw the poll and voted, and moved on. You need to register to vote for the tourney. Because of that, people who stay (majority PC) will swing the votes.

No you just need a Facebook account and then link the profiles. It is fair to say most people have Facebook so it is not a Herculean task by any stretch. Then given how far Zynga got a few years ago(I feel like I'm using a Hitler/Nazi comparison with this), I think it is fair to say it does have an impact on the number of votes.

I hope I don't banned for this as it is not my opinion but this is the negative opinion of this site that we have "notoriety" for. This site doesn't have notoriety of being heavy PC it has notoriety for being full of Bioware, Valve fanboys and elitist pricks who are up their own arse in general if you want to go with the general negative image of this site. Only of those things is exclusively PC. Oh I forgot the misanthropic, angsty teens.

That is general opinion of some people off this site PC central is something I've never heard. I've heard much worse than what I've mentioned but never a PC biased community.

I mean going by user groups assuming no overlap there are only 80 more PC gamers than 360 gamers hardly something I'd call a massive bias. That's not including the 300 odd PS 3 gamers and the 60 or so Wii players.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked