"The Truth" for Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Jitters Caffeine:

ruthaford_jive:

Bobic:

Seems like a reliable source to me. If some guy says it on the internet, it must be true.

Excuse me while I read up on the time cube.

http://www.timecube.com/

What the hell is that time cube thing? I clicked on it out of curiosity and was transported to this strange land full of blabbering nonsense and horrible website architecture.

Unfortunately, that's the point. People just seem to be so goddamn adamant about not wanting and not LETTING people be even a little optimistic about this even possibly being true.

I suppose you're the kind of person who repeatedly clicks banner ads thinking wow, I'm this sites millionth customer. Again.

The site didn't link it to some inside source (which would still be dubious) they linked it to some guys comment on some picture. I'm sorry, but I just find it baffling that that's treated as news and felt the need to point it out.

And it's not that we're not letting people be even a little optimistic about this possibly being true. Read your OP. You treated this as if it were a press release straight from bioware. Not a hint of doubt in the air. You need us to balance the thread out.

Xathos:

soren7550:
While this all seems too good to be true, can't help but have hope.

"You've put the people together, the vision - and what you've done Shepard, is build hope."

(cookie if you know who said it and when)

It was...

Yeah, I'll hope. But I just...don't know how I'll be if its all a lie.

If its true and the endings in that DLC are at least tolerable, I demand someone make a comic of a Bioware employee stepping onto a crowd of angry fans and say "Ah yes Mass Effect 3, an game whose endings have been said destroy how a person feels about the whole series, we have dismissed that claim" and plop that DLC into the hands of fans.

Oooh, when I imagine that...no, no. Can't get too hopeful afterall. Lol.

Right you are.

God, how I love the romance with Kaidan (still think it's weird that he's bisexual now, but Ashley isn't).

Bobic:

Jitters Caffeine:

ruthaford_jive:

What the hell is that time cube thing? I clicked on it out of curiosity and was transported to this strange land full of blabbering nonsense and horrible website architecture.

Unfortunately, that's the point. People just seem to be so goddamn adamant about not wanting and not LETTING people be even a little optimistic about this even possibly being true.

I suppose you're the kind of person who repeatedly clicks banner ads thinking wow, I'm this sites millionth customer. Again.

The site didn't link it to some inside source (which would still be dubious) they linked it to some guys comment on some picture. I'm sorry, but I just find it baffling that that's treated as news and felt the need to point it out.

And it's not that we're not letting people be even a little optimistic about this possibly being true. Read your OP. You treated this as if it were a press release straight from bioware. Not a hint of doubt in the air. You need us to balance the thread out.

Nothing but ridiculous hyperbole. What would you lose if it turns out to be true? Why do you feel the need to bring people down? So what if it's a rumor? Why can't you just let people be excited for something? There's no reason to be so cynical, and it's not like there haven't been rumors about this game that haven't come true in the past. A big chunk the inferred facts, rumors, or "leaked" information during the game's development turned out to be true, why not this time?

GoddyofAus:

VonKlaw:

Deremix:
But really, even if it looks to be rushed, can you really complain about a free epilogue?

If you don't mind my asking, if you were watching LOTR at the cinema, and it suddenly ended as Aragorn and co. are charging Mount Doom in Operation Massive Distration, and it then showed you a load of stuff that made no sense (e.g. Look, Gimli is with Frodo now!, the Witch-King isn't dead!)...

Would you be cool with them saying "Don't worry guys, give us a month or two and we'll hurl out the REAL ending. It's free so we're cool"?

You're completely disregarding the lore of Mass Effect. If you factor that in, it's actually a brilliant piece of storytelling.

No, if you factor in the "lore" of Mass Effect as you experienced it in particularly ME 2 and 3 it's even worse, because it's all based on a faulty premise.

Jitters Caffeine:

Bobic:

Jitters Caffeine:

Nothing but ridiculous hyperbole. What would you lose if it turns out to be true? Why do you feel the need to bring people down? So what if it's a rumor? Why can't you just let people be excited for something? There's no reason to be so cynical, and it's not like there haven't been rumors about this game that haven't come true in the past. A big chunk the inferred facts, rumors, or "leaked" information during the game's development turned out to be true, why not this time?

I'm just providing the other side of the story. You reported on it like it was fact. It isn't. It's highly dubious. That needed to be said. Balance. etc.

I have nothing to lose if it turns out to be true. What would you lose if it turns out to be false?

Bobic:

Jitters Caffeine:

Bobic:

I'm just providing the other side of the story. You reported on it like it was fact. It isn't. It's highly dubious. That needed to be said. Balance. etc.

I have nothing to lose if it turns out to be true. What would you lose if it turns out to be false?

I lose literally nothing. That's the joy of being optimistic. You can be excited for something and STILL don't have to spew venom about the musical score game ruining my ability to love or whatever people are complaining about these days. I was proven right when the multiplayer turned out to be fun despite constant opposition, and now a lot of those people who spent the whole time before the demo came out saying the multiplayer would absolutely ruin the game are probably at a higher N7 level than I am.

If this is true, I will kiss every member of bioware.

But I remain skeptically excited. We shall see.

Jitters Caffeine:

Bobic:

Jitters Caffeine:

I lose literally nothing. That's the joy of being optimistic. You can be excited for something and STILL don't have to spew venom about the musical score game ruining my ability to love or whatever people are complaining about these days. I was proven right when the multiplayer turned out to be fun despite constant opposition, and now a lot of those people who spent the whole time before the demo came out saying the multiplayer would absolutely ruin the game are probably at a higher N7 level than I am.

Actually no, you lose the joy of a free super mass effect ending that solves all its problems. If I'm wrong and it turns out to be true I gain a free super mass effect ending that solves all its problems.

But anyway, that's beside the point. The real thing I was arguing was that balance needed to be brought to this thread because you were reporting on this as if it was a fact. Some guys comment on a thread does not constitute a fact. If I made a comment on this thread saying Bioware would not only release that dlc but also include 5 new weapon designs, there would be just as much credence in that claim as there was in the one you pointed out. That needed to be said. If you think that makes me some kind of grinch that goes around purposefully ridding people of glee and hope just for the fun of it then so be it.

Jitters Caffeine:

Bobic:

Jitters Caffeine:

Look, people don't want to get their hopes up just in case they're disappointed again. That's not the same as being a buzz-kill, that's just saying 'I'll believe it when I see it.' You say people are deliberately trying to drag others down but it seems to me that the opposite is true, and that it's you who's badgering people to dance for joy before we have any proof.

I hope you're right about this. I really, really do, but presenting a rumour to be as good as fact, and then instantly rubbing it in the faces of any skeptics when they still have every reason to be skeptical is just not a very good way of starting a thread, sorry.

soren7550:
(still think it's weird that he's bisexual now, but Ashley isn't).

Seriously. If they tried making an established gay character bisexual, the political correctness police would have them drawn and quartered, but making an established straight character bisexual doesn't make anyone bat an eye.

Also, it's completely unfair to FemSheps, not being able to romance Ashley.

Heres Bioware's comment on the matter.

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/status/180356053597294592

"Do you think we would really name something "The Truth""

Clive Howlitzer:
I thought this whole DLC leak was originated on 4chan and established to be bullshit?

It originated on 4chan from the same guy who originally leaked the details of LotSB months before it came out. So semi-reliable as a source.

VonKlaw:

Deremix:
But really, even if it looks to be rushed, can you really complain about a free epilogue?

If you don't mind my asking, if you were watching LOTR at the cinema, and it suddenly ended as Aragorn and co. are charging Mount Doom in Operation Massive Distration, and it then showed you a load of stuff that made no sense (e.g. Look, Gimli is with Frodo now!, the Witch-King isn't dead!)...

Would you be cool with them saying "Don't worry guys, give us a month or two and we'll hurl out the REAL ending. It's free so we're cool"?

Remember that games are not films. There are many similarities between them, but that ending to LoTR would require a second trip out to town, a second night out and a second hour in the cinema... all for a 5 minute epilogue. Films are also you watching other characters, and while this can be just as emotional as a well told game it is a difference.

Imagine if the indoctrination theory was true and Bioware released free DLC that altered the end of the game: if you picked the Control ending then right now it just ends, cut to black, you the player was totally fooled into believing the indoctrination and believing you, as Shepard, died. To continue the story and receive your epilogue (probably 10-20 minutes) you would need to... wait 5 minutes for it to download then sit down in your computer chair and play it. No going to down, no buying cinema tickets, no evening taken up.

Vuljatar:

soren7550:
(still think it's weird that he's bisexual now, but Ashley isn't).

Seriously. If they tried making an established gay character bisexual, the political correctness police would have them drawn and quartered, but making an established straight character bisexual doesn't make anyone bat an eye.

Also, it's completely unfair to FemSheps, not being able to romance Ashley.

I don't know. I mean, they get Kaidan.

I think things turn out well enough. XP

Rienen:
Heres Bioware's comment on the matter.

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/status/180356053597294592

"Do you think we would really name something "The Truth""

It's funny, because in truth all we've recieved is lies about endings we never got.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked