Changes you'd like to see in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What are some changes you'd like to see in ME3's MP?

I'd like to see more customisation, eg. different helmets and armor pieces, more levels, maybe some different game types, and possibly the option to level up your weapons, without having to randomly get them in a pack.

Cover/Roll glitches fixed. That more then anything kills me many many times.

I'd like to not be kicked from the server in every other match.

I almost never have this kind of awful server connection outside of EA servers. It's always EA servers.

But, yeah, interchangeable armor pieces would be a nice addition, too.

fozzy360:

I almost never have this kind of awful server connection outside of EA servers. It's always EA servers.

This, a million times this!

Why can't I play a game EA? why?

I want to be able to play as any race as any class. I REALLY wanted to play as a turian/krogan vanguard, but it's kind of limited.

Also, Elcor needs to be a playable race. Mass Effect 3 was just generally lacking in the elcor department.

I wanted to be a Turian Infiltrator. Why doesn't that exist?

I mean, Garrus practically is one, so the canon clearly backs it up. Grrr.

give us the option to purchase what we want, if i use real money i dont want the outcome to be random, give me the option to buy a damn krogan.

More Classes/races we need to be able to play as geth and maybe batarians. More maps and enemy types too.

Something better than this retarded random unlock system. RNGs are biased against me in all games, and the frustration discourages me from playing rather than hooking me.

Risingblade:
More Classes/races we need to be able to play as geth and maybe batarians. More maps and enemy types too.

They ARE adding Batarians and and Geth to the Multiplayer. The upcoming "The Truth" dlc is going to have them plus a new Krogan and Asari class plus new maps and enemy types

The87Italians:
I want to be able to play as any race as any class. I REALLY wanted to play as a turian/krogan vanguard, but it's kind of limited.

This, although I would accept certain combinations not applying (eg, I'd be fine with no Quarian biotics, as it's expressly stated they don't have any).

I'd like a little more variation in some of the objectives.

I'm personally running dry on Horde based gameplay, yes it was fun when Gears of War 2 did it 4 years ago but it's getting really old now. I'd perfer to see mission based multiplayer matches akin to Left 4 Dead. You move through the base, completing objectives, fighting bosses, etc. That's what I'd like to see.

Sean Hollyman:

I'd like to see more customisation, eg. different helmets and armor pieces, more levels, maybe some different game types, and possibly the option to level up your weapons, without having to randomly get them in a pack.

Seriously, I'd love to be able to spend credits to upgrade weapons rather than praying to god that you find another copy of your weapon to upgrade it. I'll take "only randomly finding a NEW weapon", but then you shouldn't have to cross your fingers and hope that it magically gets upgraded when you buy your next pack.

Beyond that, I'd like to see an "Infiltration" game mode. By that I mean a rather linear map with an objective you've got to get to and then get back to the extraction point. For example, infiltrate this base and hack the main computer for intel then get out. Essentially it'd work out like "Fight your way from point A to B, hold B while it's being hacked, fight from B back to A."

Something along those lines.

RJ 17:

Sean Hollyman:

Seriously, I'd love to be able to spend credits to upgrade weapons rather than praying to god that you find another copy of your weapon to upgrade it. I'll take "only randomly finding a NEW weapon", but then you shouldn't have to cross your fingers and hope that it magically gets upgraded when you buy your next pack.

Beyond that, I'd like to see an "Infiltration" game mode. By that I mean a rather linear map with an objective you've got to get to and then get back to the extraction point. For example, infiltrate this base and hack the main computer for intel then get out. Essentially it'd work out like "Fight your way from point A to B, hold B while it's being hacked, fight from B back to A."

The micro transaction system they set up is awful. Random unlocks are okay if you do it right, but there is just SO MUCH to unlock its impossible not to get a ton of shit you don't want/will never use. I got trolled by getting a Hornet two Specter packs in a row.

Fappy:

RJ 17:

Sean Hollyman:

The micro transaction system they set up is awful. Random unlocks are okay if you do it right, but there is just SO MUCH to unlock its impossible not to get a ton of shit you don't want/will never use. I got trolled by getting a Hornet two Specter packs in a row.

:P I've yet to buy a Specter pack, from what I've heard Veteran is still the best bang for your buck. It was funny, though. Just for signing up, my free pack contained a Turian Sentinel. I joined up with some people who had been playing the entire week after the game came out, one of'em still hadn't gotten any alien characters, and after my first game I was able to buy a Vet. Pack that contained a Quarian Infiltrator (my current character).

I thank god that I've FINALLY started finding upgrades for my Mantis sniper rifle...but a friend of mine found a frickin' WIDOW! And he doesn't even play Infiltrator! *fumes with nerd-rage*

putowtin:

fozzy360:

This, a million times this!

Why can't I play a game EA? why?

I don't have this issue at all but I understand your frustration as this happened all the time with Dead Space 2 :(

Other than that, I have to say I'm impressed with the multiplayer as it doesn't feel tacked on. I would like to see unique pieces of armour, like the campaign, to create your own armour sets. This would also add a level of customisation and also would entice me to keep saving for those Spectre Packs!

RJ 17:

Fappy:

RJ 17:

:P I've yet to buy a Specter pack, from what I've heard Veteran is still the best bang for your buck. It was funny, though. Just for signing up, my free pack contained a Turian Sentinel. I joined up with some people who had been playing the entire week after the game came out, one of'em still hadn't gotten any alien characters, and after my first game I was able to buy a Vet. Pack that contained a Quarian Infiltrator (my current character).

I thank god that I've FINALLY started finding upgrades for my Mantis sniper rifle...but a friend of mine found a frickin' WIDOW! And he doesn't even play Infiltrator! *fumes with nerd-rage*

I just got the Widow last night and I barely snipe lol. I think its best to buy Veteran packs for at least 10-20 packs so you can get some good stuff fast (considering you get very little credits from Bronze) and then start getting Specter packs when you start on Silver/Gold. I have yet to get a rare in the 20-something Veteran packs I have opened but have been getting decently lucky with Specter packs. I usually get a rare and two uncommons from Specter packs.

1. Mission variety. I'd be happy with just more variety in objectives, but what I'd like to see are mission types with a more linear structure than just "defend".

2. Make it easier to get what you want. The random drop system is annoying as hell for getting upgraded weapons. Maybe you can only get NEW stuff from random drops, but once you have it you can pay to upgrade it specifically.

3. Tone down Vanguards. As they are they can solo Bronze on their own; pretty ridiculous.

4. I'd like to see Sniper Rifles and Machine Pistols get a buff in general.

More enemies, more levels. Actual squad based level missions. Separate the packs into characters, weapon mods and upgrades and equipment. Charge what you want for them just narrow down the focus of each pack so we don't just get completely random crap that we don't want/need. Some form of level matching. New races and classes. Just add more stuff. More of everything.

Ordinaryundone:
1. Mission variety. I'd be happy with just more variety in objectives, but what I'd like to see are mission types with a more linear structure than just "defend".

2. Make it easier to get what you want. The random drop system is annoying as hell for getting upgraded weapons. Maybe you can only get NEW stuff from random drops, but once you have it you can pay to upgrade it specifically.

3. Tone down Vanguards. As they are they can solo Bronze on their own; pretty ridiculous.

4. I'd like to see Sniper Rifles and Machine Pistols get a buff in general.

Vanguards are far less optimal in higher difficulties. Honestly, I really don't want Bioware to get in the habit of nerfing things. They have already nerfed quite a few things which... I mean the game's been out like a week. Bad sign imo.

As has been said countless times, more of everything. It would also be nice for them to make packs that are more focused, so that I can get new races and classes easier.

Pretty much everything you could ask for in a multiplayer mode, really. Don't get me wrong here, ME3's MP is excellent, but it's sort of limited. I'd like to see new race/class combos, stages and enemies (which are soon to be added, according to recent leaks) and maybe even a whole new mode of play. I struggle to imagine what new modes could be done with maps like the ones currently available, though. They'd be suitable for a L4D-style mode where one team controls the enemies and another attempts to complete their objectives, but I don't think that's the direction they'd go in.

Fappy:

Vanguards are far less optimal in higher difficulties. Honestly, I really don't want Bioware to get in the habit of nerfing things. They have already nerfed quite a few things which... I mean the game's been out like a week. Bad sign imo.

A team consisting of 2 Vanguards and 2 Infiltrators can walk through most of it. With optimal upgrades, Vanguards (specifically Drell) can spam Charge so much they remain invincible (considering the shield regen) and throw cluster grenades. Infiltrators can go invisible to get to objectives easily or revive if necessary, have the massive sniper bonus, and best of all, Sabotage, which makes Cerberus and Geth a joke.

Anyway, what I'd like to see is more character customisation, though that won't happen. I'd definitely like co-op missions as well as the standard Horde affair, with proper levels and objectives much like the campaign. More enemies (the Terminus gangs, Collectors + their Reaper allies such as Husks/Abominations and Scions, etc.) including bosses (Harvesters, groups of Praetorians, bosses like Tela Vasir or the Yahg from Shadow Broker).

A trading system would also be nice, though again that won't happen.

Also, some way to upgrade weapons to level 5, with 6-10 being the ones requiring the random unlocks. I don't mind so much though, as my very first Veteran Pack got me the Graal Spike Thrower, the best gun in the game...

Fappy:

RJ 17:

Fappy:

I just got the Widow last night and I barely snipe lol. I think its best to buy Veteran packs for at least 10-20 packs so you can get some good stuff fast (considering you get very little credits from Bronze) and then start getting Specter packs when you start on Silver/Gold. I have yet to get a rare in the 20-something Veteran packs I have opened but have been getting decently lucky with Specter packs. I usually get a rare and two uncommons from Specter packs.

Yeah, my lvl 18 Infiltrator is ready for silver and gold, but evidently my friend's lvl 15 soldier can't even handle Silver yet (I think he's just a pussy :P).

Seriously, we played a few games of Silver the other day and I was doing just fine. We were joined up by a couple randoms. One of the randoms sucked, the other was doing fine. The sucky random dropped out, my friend couldn't handle it, and the other random got overwhelmed. It was just me alone for the rest of the wave, we were fighting Cerberus in the Reactor and currently had one of the "King of the Hill" objectives (stay in the blue circle). So everyone's dead but me and I didn't know that if you failed the objective you fail the entire game, I thought you just missed out on a bonus. So I'm runnin' around, doing what I need to survive, took out at least 10 frickin' Guardians but just couldn't fight my way back to the circle...the enemy just kept coming and coming. I survived, but ultimately we lost because I failed the objective. I still felt like a bit of a badass though, seeing as how I was winning with a lvl 2 Mantis at the time. :P

RJ 17:
[my friend's lvl 15 soldier can't even handle Silver yet (I think he's just a pussy :P).

Either that, or it's because he's using the Soldier class. It sucks.

Joshimodo:

RJ 17:
[my friend's lvl 15 soldier can't even handle Silver yet (I think he's just a pussy :P).

lol that could very well be the case. I'll keep that in mind and let him know he's playing a worthless class. :P

I WANT TO STOP GETTING NOTHING BUT MOTHERFUCKING CHARACTERS/TRAINING!!!

All caps was indeed neccesary. My highest gun is level 3, and I have 3 level 20 classes.

Joshimodo:

RJ 17:

When fighting anyone but Cerberus yes. But the soldier seems tailor made for fighting Cerberus.

I completely agree with the customizable armor and upgrading of weapons. Would be awesome to see better match making, wouldn't mind seeing some new maps and game modes.

Reduce the credit cost of packs or increase the credits gained from Bronze/Silver so it doesn't take so long to gear up for Gold.

Buff some of the useless guns, like SMGs. Yea they just buffed them, but not nearly enough. They're still useless.

RJ 17:

Joshimodo:

RJ 17:

lol that could very well be the case. I'll keep that in mind and let him know he's playing a worthless class. :P

It is super dependent on good weapons. I really want to play my Turian soldier but I have realized there is no point until I get a godmode assault rifle. I hear the Revenant is only good when in the hands of a Turian with marksman :P

Fappy:

RJ 17:

Joshimodo:

It is super dependent on good weapons. I really want to play my Turian soldier but I have realized there is no point until I get a godmode assault rifle. I hear the Revenant is only good when in the hands of a Turian with marksman :P

That was always my problem with the Revenant...yeah, it's powerful as all hell, but good luck hitting anything with it. That's why I prefer the good ol' Sniper Rifle. Seriously, I would kill someone - in front of their own mother - to get a Widow in multiplayer. O.O

RJ 17:

Fappy:

RJ 17:

That was always my problem with the Revenant...yeah, it's powerful as all hell, but good luck hitting anything with it. That's why I prefer the good ol' Sniper Rifle. Seriously, I would kill someone - in front of their own mother - to get a Widow in multiplayer. O.O

I'll trade for the Asari Adept. I swear I unlocked that thing like 4 times in the demo and haven't seen anyone that has her since the game launched! At least I have the Carnifex :P

Fappy:

RJ 17:

Fappy:

I'll trade for the Asari Adept. I swear I unlocked that thing like 4 times in the demo and haven't seen anyone that has her since the game launched! At least I have the Carnifex :P

I got an asari the other day, can't remember if she's an adept or sentinel. It might just be because you mentioned it, but I'm actually fairly certain she's an Adept. :P

Like I said, I've been using my quarian infiltrator since day 1 and she's been working quite well for me.

RJ 17:

Fappy:

RJ 17:

I got an asari the other day, can't remember if she's an adept or sentinel. It might just be because you mentioned it, but I'm actually fairly certain she's an Adept. :P

Like I said, I've been using my quarian infiltrator since day 1 and she's been working quite well for me.

Damn you! I only have the Asari Vanguard and the Drell Adept is so squishy and doesn't have stasis. Sad day.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked