39% (726)
No
30.1% (560)
30.1% (560)
Depends on what the next big game is.
30.5% (567)
30.5% (567)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Are you finished with Bioware now?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Before ME3 came out, a lot of people said it would be the last Bioware game they ever purchased.

Now...after Dragon Age 2, ME3 and THAT ending, how many of you are actually going to abandon Bioware?

I honestly can't see myself buying anything more from Bioware unless Dragon Age 3 is in the style of Dragon Age Origins, then I'm done.

How about you?

Your thread title and poll question are mismatched. I misvoted after reading the thread title.

Mass Effect 3 was unforgivable. Bioware is like the zombie of a loved one, it's for the best if it gets put down.

I'm going to agree with Pumpkin_Eater. Bioware is like an old dog. You loved it, but now all its yapping is getting annoying. better to put it down before it does something irreconcilable like vomiting on your favourite blankey. (Oh wait, me3.)

Edit: Will I play another Bioware game? Likely. They aren't going away for atleast another year or so. so if they want to give it another shot at the whole -we-produce-rpgs-thing. I'll buy their games again.

I have said depends on the next game as I may try out Dragon age 3, I didn't buy ME3 and don't plan too but I may get Dragon age depending on how it looks, I don't know about that though, I may jump ship on them.

Pumpkin_Eater:
Your thread title and poll question are mismatched. I misvoted after reading the thread title.

Mass Effect 3 was unforgivable. Bioware is like the zombie of a loved one, it's for the best if it gets put down.

I really enjoyed the gameplay itself of Mass Effect 3 and all the gameplay and decisions and story leading up to Earth.

It just got really awful when

it would have been fine. It would have been cliched, but fine.

However what we got was just depressing and I don't even want to replay the games with another character because it's so worthless.

Not only did they destroy the great rich world they established in Dragon Age Origins with Dragon Age 2, but they also destroyed the Mass Effect universe which I had fallen in love with over the course of those past 3 games.

It's sad, really sad.

i loved mess effect 3 the ending could have been implemented better but its still a fun game. so no I'm not done with them. i doubt i'll ever condemn them like other people are doing. most are acting like doomsayers

A couple weeks from now, once the dust settles, Bioware will still be Bioware. If you've been on the internet for any amount of time, you should know that this happens after every single game they release- fans rage, threaten they'll never buy another Bioware game again, and then a year or two later they have the next one preordered.

It's almost like they're being irrational and caught in an angry mob. What a thought.

To be honest, the Mass Effect series as a whole, except for Mass Effect 3's ending was gold. Each game in the series has improved upon itself, and there is a lot of stuff in ME3 that is some of the best of the entire series.

It's just the ending that is well, pretty bad. Yeah, the ending is bad, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the journey until that point. I'm waiting to see what happens with the ending, if they decide to change it or something else happens I don't know.

As for their other stuff, I wasn't a huge fan of DA2, but I didn't hate it. There was a lot to Dragon Age 2 that was done well. My problem with it was that they reused the same zones every time you went to explore a dungeon, which is just terribly lazy. But I thought that introducing the Mass Effect Dialogue wheel to Dragon Age made the conversations a lot more intuitive and I felt that the combat in DA2 flowed a lot better.

And lets be honest, ME3, even with it's crappy ending, is still LEAGUES better than most games put out this year.

Probably the only release that can match ME3 this year will be Diablo 3.

I was finished with Bioware with Dragon Age. The whining about ME3 has been nothing but music to my ears.

No, I'll still play Bioware games, because despite the 10 minutes of game that I did not like, the other 27 hours of gameplay I did enjoy of ME3, and the 80 hours of gameplay I put into the full trilogy I did enjoy. So an ending was flopped, in the end I really don't care, because I was entertained by the game and that is good enough for me.

Also I misvoted because your pole is different from your topic.

endtherapture:
Snip

There were a lot of other problems with ME 3's story, but I'll agree with pretty much any fan pitched ending being better than the actual one.

If it brings out what looks like a good game I will still buy it. But I will start to question their games a lot more now. With mass effect, dragon age and C&C I bought their games no question.

Then came SWTOR, C&C4, and now ME3...so yea, gonna question whether their game really is worth it a lot more from now on.

Pumpkin_Eater:

endtherapture:
Snip

There were a lot of other problems with ME 3's story, but I'll agree with pretty much any fan pitched ending being better than the actual one.

They could've done literally anything, my favourite theory was using the Citadel to reconfigure the Mass Relays to somehow launch the Reapers into the Galactic core, where they stay forever.

What we got was just depressing and illogical. Any MacGuffin would have been better than that.

endtherapture:

Pumpkin_Eater:

endtherapture:
Snip

They could've done literally anything, my favourite theory was using the Citadel to reconfigure the Mass Relays to somehow launch the Reapers into the Galactic core, where they stay forever.

What we got was just depressing and illogical. Any MacGuffin would have been better than that.

As weak as the Reapers were portrayed during ME 3's game play and in the codex, the Citadel fleet could have just blown them all up. Apparently now 4 comparably sized Alliance ships can down a Reaper with focused fire.

Why because the last 10 min of a game was not as good as the previous 30 hours? Or because the MMO they made didn't kill World of Warcraft in a few months? Seams silly to me to swear off a whole developer because of the last 10 min of a game.

Pumpkin_Eater:

endtherapture:

Pumpkin_Eater:

As weak as the Reapers were portrayed during ME 3's game play and in the codex, the Citadel fleet could have just blown them all up. Apparently now 4 comparably sized Alliance ships can down a Reaper with focused fire.

True.

Eddie the head:
Why because the last 10 min of a game was not as good as the previous 30 hours? Or because the MMO they made didn't kill World of Warcraft in a few months? Seams silly to me to swear off a whole developer because of the last 10 min of a game.

When the last 10 minutes of the game completely destroys the past 90 hours of gameplay building up to it, and destroys the rich and vibrant and unique universe that has been created and people have fallen in love with it becomes quite bad. Especially when this is the second unsatisfactory game from Bioware.

What we have is like Lord of the Rings ended by Frodo getting to Mount Doom, Gollum offering him the choice to control the orcs, destroy all the orcs and all travel in an infinitely large middle earth, or to cause all orcs and everyone else to combine into happy orc-people. Sam disappeared to an unreachable island somewhere with the rest of the Fellowship. Also the entire armies of the Free Peoples are stuck in the Shire with no means of escape.

Definitely not done with them. Loved DA2 and loved ME3 even though the ending was a little disappointing. I eagerly await whatever they do next.

That depends entirely on what they do with Mass Effect 3. If they don't fix the ending I'm done with them forever. I always loved them for their stories. How can I trust them to deliver a good and engaging story if they ruin one of my favorites in such fashion?

If their (big damn sarcastic air-quote) fixed (big damn sarcastic air-quote) ending DLC costs a single penny, I'm goddam done with them. I don't think Bioware is near stupid enough to try to charge for the new ending, but let's just say I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if they did.

Even if it's free, the next couple games Bioware makes would have to be pretty spectacular to restore enough of my faith in them to make up for ME3. And no *&^%ing day-one DLC with extra story, I'd like to at least have the illusion of having the whole game right away. I'll accept D1DLC that has, I don't know, skins/clothes, map packs for multi-player, fun extra aesthetic options. Anything of real substance, and we have a problem.
Yeah, I'm bitter. What? I gave Bioware the benefit of the doubt, gave them pre-order money, and received a less-than complete package and lies.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* I really hate to say it...but I can't say I'm done with Bioware. Not until Dragon Age 3. I know, it's like begging to be kicked in the balls for a 2nd time by a steel-toed boot...but like with Mass Effect: I've just gotta see how that story frickin' ends.

I was never really started with them to begin with. I liked DA: Origins, and the first Mass Effect, but I've never really played anything else that they've done. I'm perfectly willing to give any new IP they come up with a try, although all this backlash against ME has made me reluctant to finish those games.

I will probably still buy Bioware games but I am not a fan as such, I buy them because I enjoy playing quite a few of their games they tend to offer a solid experience rarely disappointing and rarely exceptional. They do seem to want to make action games instead of RPGS though these days but I can accept that.

The only thing I dont like about Bioware now is the ugly EA logo on the box I really hate that company (since 1990) and anything with its logo makes me think twice, dont know why but it actually makes me feel slightly nauseas when I see their logo at the start of a game.

You know, I can't help but find stupid questions like these to be hilarious and somewhat irritating. Why the fuck is everyone so insanely fixated on the fucking ending? Have you not played the rest of the game? I keep hearing people say "Mass Effect 3 was excellent, until that ending. Therefore Mass Effect 3 is a terrible game." and I'm having trouble understanding their line of thought.

It's like people believe that a bad ending always automatically nullifies everything that comes before it for everyone. It doesn't.
I am not done with Bioware (although I haven't played DA2) and if they can dish out the same quality games such as 99% of Mass Effect 3, I see no reason why I should.

You're only as good as your last title.

And from what I reckon, ME3 was pretty damn good. Apart from you know what.

Ah! I misvoted because the subject line didn't match with the poll question!

Not done with Bioware. They made a game that was awesome all the way through and only messed up in the last 5 minutes.

I'm not going to "be finished" with a developer just because of the last 5 minutes of a trilogy, which up until that point I absolutely adored.

As well as that they have Dragon Age as well, and previous titles such as Baldur's Gate and Jade Empire (and even the Sonic RPG was reasonably good) I don't see myself being finished with them anytime soon.

Mafoobula:
Even if it's free, the next couple games Bioware makes would have to be pretty spectacular to restore enough of my faith in them to make up for ME3.

Even if it's free it wouldn't make a difference anymore. They are now fully assimilated into EA.

sanquin:
If it brings out what looks like a good game I will still buy it. But I will start to question their games a lot more now. With mass effect, dragon age and C&C I bought their games no question.

Then came SWTOR, C&C4, and now ME3...so yea, gonna question whether their game really is worth it a lot more from now on.

C&C has nothing to do with BioWare. Furthermore, it's an RTS, which is a genre BioWare has not come close to. Why you bring it up, I don't know.

OT: BioWare is and has almost always been overhyped. Maybe with the exception of Baldur's Gate, the rest of their games are the next best thing since sliced bread, if you listen to people. They are good but not that good. And have never been on that sort of level.

But now they are suddenly flamed to hell for no good reason. I have tried no to spoil the ending of ME3 for myself but I can tell it's not going to be as bad as people make it out to be. Why? Because they love overhyping stuff.

Gamers in particular seem to be quite vocal about hating something but not so active about it. [insert pic about the boycott of MW2 or whatever it was] I don't suppose you have any idea how often I've heard that people will stop buying X's games over a perceived fault (and a variation - they would unsubscribe if it was a MMO, for example) - well, I've heard it a lot. And I don't suppose how often I hear "I'm not getting game blah because I promised I won't be buyng X's games" - well, the exact opposite of "a lot". I'm starting to wander if the "I'm taking my business elsewhere" threat isn't just a different way of saying "I found a slight displeasure in something".

As Phlakes said, it's just a fad. I'll try to repost the same poll a month from now to see if the results will differ.

Thread Title and Poll do not match. Misvoted due to this. Bad Poll

Yeah I gave up on Bioware after Dragon Age 2 was first announced

endtherapture:
Before ME3 came out, a lot of people said it would be the last Bioware game they ever purchased.

Now...after Dragon Age 2, ME3 and THAT ending, how many of you are actually going to abandon Bioware?

I honestly can't see myself buying anything more from Bioware unless Dragon Age 3 is in the style of Dragon Age Origins, then I'm done.

How about you?

I am certain That it will take a lot more than Hype and good word of mouth for me to purchase another Bioware game, I will certainly not be buying anything they make on release date like I did with ME3, it has been the only time Ive broken my rule of not buying on release date, and I suffered for it.

So yeah, I wont be BUYING anything with their name on it, until Ive gotten the chance to experience it completely to my satisfaction.

sanquin:

What the devil does C&C4 have to do with Bioware? That game was made by EALA! I mean, it was shit, but it wasn't bad enough for the suckage to actually spill over onto Bioware.

That is just the ultimate evidence that you're actively searching for reasons to hate them; the fact that you're blaming them for the poor quality of a game THEY DIDN'T MAKE!

done and dusted

How about instead of being 'done' with Bioware or anything so over-dramatic, we just stop convincing ourselves that every game they make is going to be gaming Nirvana before it even comes out, only to set ourselves up for inevitable nerd rage when they don't live up to expectations all the time. I know this is a problem with all fandom, but why do we seem to do this with Bioware more than any other?

I will continue to buy Bioware games whenever their premise interests me. I will continue to enjoy them so long as the majority of what I play is good (which has so far proved to be true for every game of theirs that I've played, in my opinion), and for the few parts that disappoint me I will continue to accept that it is not the end of the world!

If they really have alienated you that much then by all means, boycott them. I'm just making the observation that I haven't seen this much fan-rage since Episode 1. Yes, DA2 was unpolished to say the least and ME3's ending left a lot to be desired, but anyone would think Casey Hudson had come round all our houses and taken a shit in our pillowcase from all the bile. It can't be good for our blood-pressure you know.

I'm giving them half a chance for DA3. I didn't hate DA2 like most people did, in fact I liked it. However the travesty that is the ME3 ending shall not go ignored.

SpaceBat:
You know, I can't help but find stupid questions like these to be hilarious and somewhat irritating. Why the fuck is everyone so insanely fixated on the fucking ending? Have you not played the rest of the game? I keep hearing people say "Mass Effect 3 was excellent, until that ending. Therefore Mass Effect 3 is a terrible game." and I'm having trouble understanding their line of thought.

It's like people believe that a bad ending always automatically nullifies everything that comes before it for everyone. It doesn't.
I am not done with Bioware (although I haven't played DA2) and if they can dish out the same quality games such as 99% of Mass Effect 3, I see no reason why I should.

The problem is when a game has a shit ending it negates most of the replay value. I wanted to replay ME1 and ME2 as soon as I was done with them. I wanted to see how things played out if I made different choices. With ME3 I've seen that all the outcomes are shit. There is no point to play again when I have the choice between smelly pile of shit a b or c.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked