Please Stop with ME3

Pages PREV 1 2

All right everyone, let's stop talking about one of the biggest games of the year because some random person on the Internet asked us too!

Chop chop!

Seriously mate, it's your own fault for coming here before finishing the game.

Zhukov:
Just leave the forums for a bit. Self-imposed media blackout.

That's what I did.

In retrospect, I think I would have been happier if I'd known what was coming. I would have had time to bolster my fragile soul against the onslaught of crushing disappointment.

Also, the Illusive man is Shepard's father and the Normandy was his sled.

And Joker was a ghost the whole time.

And, in the surprise twist, Dr Saleon returns to grow Krogan balls inside of everyone! Nooooooooo

Starke:
Honestly, this is just the flavor of the month. Wait another 12 days and it'll be gone.

Still, "thoughtful threads"? Half the time I stagger in here the top thread is someone bitching out the friends zone. Or asking what the last enemy you killed was, and how well you'd face with them in a zombie apocalypse. :p

Yeah, but at least those are fun to read and reply to. These ME threads are all "I hate the mass effect ending". It's just really annoying to see everyone complain so much about it. They chose to end it like that, shut up; and lot of them just don't have much discussion value, in my opinion. I'd really prefer to getting back to the zombie apocalypse, and the terrible things the utterly ignorant politics want to pin on video games in a pathetic effort to demonize something, and make them seem like some sort of holy crusader, it'd be great.

DustyDrB:

Zhukov:

That's what I did.

In retrospect, I think I would have been happier if I'd known what was coming. I would have had time to bolster my fragile soul against the onslaught of crushing disappointment.

And Joker was a ghost the whole time.

And, in the surprise twist, Dr Saleon returns to grow Krogan balls inside of everyone! Nooooooooo

Great, now I've made the horrible realization that you can replace "silver bells" with "krogan balls" in the song...

We'll stop it when they fix it, TYVM.

Tanis:
I think all ME3 threads should be combine/deleted in mass.

We get it:
You didn't get the magical ending where Shepard has an orgy with all the males and/or females after becoming KING OF THE COSMOS.

BOO-FREAKING-HOO.

Did God of War 3 have a happy ending? NO!
Was it a worse game for that? NO!!!

Did Skyrim have a happy ending? Eh, I guess.
Was it a worse game for it? Eh, not really, but the main story as a whole was boring so w/e.

Did Final Fantasy 7/10 have a sad endings? Yes - if you don't count the questionable sequels.
Were they worse games for it? NO! Actually, the verse of the games got worse BECAUSE of the 'happy endings'.

Ect-Ect-Ect.

SOMETIMES...a 'sad' ending is a GOOD thing.
Get-Over-It

I am guessing you have no idea why people are actually pissed and just jumping on the nearest bandwagon without looking into anything more deeply.

Eh we cant all be winners I suppose.

ryanxm:

Starke:
Honestly, this is just the flavor of the month. Wait another 12 days and it'll be gone.

Still, "thoughtful threads"? Half the time I stagger in here the top thread is someone bitching out the friends zone. Or asking what the last enemy you killed was, and how well you'd face with them in a zombie apocalypse. :p

Yeah, but at least those are fun to read and reply to. These ME threads are all "I hate the mass effect ending". It's just really annoying to see everyone complain so much about it. They chose to end it like that, shut up; and lot of them just don't have much discussion value, in my opinion. I'd really prefer to getting back to the zombie apocalypse, and the terrible things the utterly ignorant politics want to pin on video games in a pathetic effort to demonize something, and make them seem like some sort of holy crusader, it'd be great.

And the terrible things the utterly ignorant opine about politics (and the law) on the forums. You forgot that part. :p

But, yeah, I honestly haven't been paying a lot of attention to the number of ending hate threads, and mostly stuck with the threads branching off articles directly. Then again, and this may sound hideously snobbish for me to say, but, I really don't pay a lot of attention to any of the forums on a regular basis as it's a horrifying productivity sink for me.

I'll gleefully spend half a day informing some idiot that he's wrong in a slightly condescending manor with no regard for the fact that I should actually be doing something productive.

... I'm just wondering when will this Mass Effect 3 obsession going to die out and people move onto another game to obsess... still waiting.

Starke:
I really don't pay a lot of attention to any of the forums on a regular basis

Heresy! heresy I say!

ryanxm:

Starke:

Heresy! heresy I say!

Death to the false emperor!

But, no in all seriousness, I spend far more time on the IRC mocking Xitel and the gang there.

Starke:

ryanxm:

Starke:

Heresy! heresy I say!

Death to the false emperor!

But, no in all seriousness, I spend far more time on the IRC mocking Xitel and the gang there.

Calm down there Ulfric. But, seriously, that's not bad either;there are worse things you can do.

Also, your avatar made me laugh pretty hard. Gotta love Cage's many faces.

ryanxm:

It was funnier/more deranged, when the user above me had Taylor Swift in a dress as their avatar.

Also the Captcha is "face the music." I'm finding it harder to believe that there isn't some kind of sentient AI guiding that damn thing.

ardias014:
I don't usually comment, but I felt this has to be said:

Snippy

Garrus became God Emperor of Citadel space.

Snip.

All hail the Lord of Calibrations!

Number-14:
... I'm just wondering when will this Mass Effect 3 obsession going to die out and people move onto another game to obsess... still waiting.

Diablo III's been announced. have fun.

Said the same as I said about Skyrim, please can we have moderators locking all but one Mass Effect thread? It's just a mess every time a game people have been looking forward to comes out, there's no need for more than one thread about a game.

If you didn't want spoilers then you should have stayed away from the forums. Sorry but that seems pretty logical to me.

ME3 is just another one of those hot topics right now. Same as with Skyrim. It will die down eventually so just wait it out.

Starke:

ryanxm:

It was funnier/more deranged, when the user above me had Taylor Swift in a dress as their avatar.

Also the Captcha is "face the music." I'm finding it harder to believe that there isn't some kind of sentient AI guiding that damn thing.

If there is, I'm worried. I've gotten fractions, Chinese symbols, and a chemical compound once.

ryanxm:

Starke:

ryanxm:

If there is, I'm worried. I've gotten fractions, Chinese symbols, and a chemical compound once.

I'm talking specifically about the new one, Solve Media I think, as opposed to the old, ReCaptcha. ReCaptcha was funny occasionally, but the Solve Media stuff has been pretty consistently waffling between creepy and hilariously apt.

EDIT: As I recall, and I could be very wrong about this, the old system was actually a crowd sourced project for bringing in people to analyze scanned documents. The captchas were in two parts, one part was an actual verification word, while the other part of a large library of scanned texts, and was unverified by the system. The information you fed in would go back to the transcription project. But I'm not sure if that's ReCaptcha in general or a side effect of the specific version we were using, or if I was just being BSed.

Tanis:

We get it:
You didn't get the magical ending where Shepard has an orgy with all the males and/or females after becoming KING OF THE COSMOS.

BOO-FREAKING-HOO.

Was it a worse game for it? Eh, not really, but the main story as a whole was boring so w/e.

Did Final Fantasy 7/10 have a sad endings? Yes - if you don't count the questionable sequels.
Were they worse games for it? NO! Actually, the verse of the games got worse BECAUSE of the 'happy endings'.

Ect-Ect-Ect.

Get-Over-It

Congratulations, in your rush to feel better than everyone else you have become part of the problem. I'd rather not discuss it on this thread but to put it simply,

OT: Yes they should try and use spoiler tags or mention spoilers but that will probably not happen so your best course of action is to avoid gaming forums or any Bioware related topic as much as you can.

G4TV's review:

"What is so unique in this game is how the presence of its conclusion feels like the existential dread that infuses the characters that make up its universe. The paradox of the game becomes painfully prescient as it draws inexorably towards its conclusion. Here, Shepard is trying to determining the fate of everything but the inevitability of the final is inescapable. All the decisions you continue to make in Mass Effect may be less consequential but they feel all the more grave as if the game is becoming a testament to who you are, or who you want to be."

Could somebody please explain just WHAT THE FUCK any of this means?

Starke:
snip

I actually *really* prefer the new captcha system, the ones where it's advertisement. I can actually read these ones, as apposed to the older ones where I could half read the first word, and then would just take a random guess at the second because it was in some very strange splotch thing.

Zhukov:

That's what I did.

This...so much this. I avoided all ME threads until I had finished the game. I wish I hadn't...

Tanis:

We get it:

BOO-FREAKING-HOO.

Ect-Ect-Ect.

Get-Over-It

*sigh* http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TrueArtIsAngsty

Because things have to be sad in order to be good.

The problem was never that the ending was sad, although I personally would have preferred a happy ending. The problem was that the endings made all previous decisions worthless, contained numerous plot holes, were a massive shift in tone from the rest of the series, and had virtually the same cinematic (save for colors).

Dendio:

i feel you. I stopped coming to escapist for a few months in order to avoid spoilers about mass effect 3 ever since i got wind of the leak. Ive played and beaten mass effect and i gotta tell ya its an amazing game. Enjoy and goodluck

This, seconded. I pretty much just avoided the internet entirely until I finished it, which, mind you, didn't take too long.

ryanxm:

Starke:
snip

I actually *really* prefer the new captcha system, the ones where it's advertisement. I can actually read these ones, as apposed to the older ones where I could half read the first word, and then would just take a random guess at the second because it was in some very strange splotch thing.

Yeah, I prefer the new one as well. And, the new one tends to be amusingly topical with disturbing frequency.

Starke:

ryanxm:

Starke:
snip

Yeah, I prefer the new one as well. And, the new one tends to be amusingly topical with disturbing frequency.

You, my good sir, have been added as a friend.

As soon as the ending was leaked, I barely touched the World Wide Webage until I had finished the game. It's not that hard to do to restrict yourself and watch your step.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked