Galaxy At War (Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

From reading the announcement about how Operation: Goliath was such a roaring success, it sounds like we should expect some more Operations (multiplayer events) in the coming days/weeks. In the spirit of wanting to have a good solid community, I was hoping fellow Escapists would like to share their Gamertags/whatever PS3 and PC people have so we could hopefully ensure these future Operation go just as smoothy.

If anyone one on Xbox would like a teammate to squad up with, I'm Lagrad Gribble. Hit me up if you're tired of Randoms acting like assholes.

Now to make sure this thread generates a little more traffic, how about an actual discussion?

Which class/race have you found the most enjoyable? I've been REALLY favoring the Salarian Engineer and Human Adept. Ravagers and Brutes be damned when you throw around the Warp/Shockwave combo. Only thing I have problems with are enemies with shields, they're usually pretty nimble, like the Marauder, or have pretty good firepower, like the Geth Rocket Trooper. Short of taking pod shots at them with my Phalinx, I can't seem to find a dominant strategy against them.

I want to start this by saying I hate multiplayer games. I haven't enjoyed one since UT wayyyy before I had the kids that started turning me grey.

After months of slating BioWare for putting in a multiplayer where one was not needed I forced myself to have one go to see what it was like.

I haven't been able to stop. I really enjoy it.

I have a thing for my human engineer. I've tried them all but stick mostly to my engi.

My drone seems to be okay at getting aggro so I send that at things like Brutes/Banshees/Pyro's/Primes/Rocket Troops and the odd Atlas while I shoot/incinerate them until they fall over.

It works well for me.

If it fails I run away.

Rawne1980:
I want to start this by saying I hate multiplayer games. I haven't enjoyed one since UT wayyyy before I had the kids that started turning me grey.

After months of slating BioWare for putting in a multiplayer where one was not needed I forced myself to have one go to see what it was like.

I haven't been able to stop. I really enjoy it.

I have a thing for my human engineer. I've tried them all but stick mostly to my engi.

My drone seems to be okay at getting aggro so I send that at things like Brutes/Banshees/Pyro's/Primes/Rocket Troops and the odd Atlas while I shoot/incinerate them until they fall over.

It works well for me.

If it fails I run away.

Human Engineer is a great one. Spec Overload for maximum area chaining and neural stun? Might as well have the enemy call GG right there. Not to mention how great Incinerate is against things like Brutes and Ravagers if you Spec if for Armor Damage. It's easily my third favorite.

Seems like the Salarians are the lads I like the most. The Infiltrator especially. Cloak, Energy drain and m-98 widow. I completed an entire wave 10 pretty much by myself cause my teammates were holed up trying not to get their asses murdered.

They still died, but I won the mission in their honour!
Thats how the SAS...err STG rolls! xD

Rawne1980:
snip

I agree on the Human Engineer. I like their versatility. They may not be the biggest damage dealers, but spec them right and you can handle anything. Take out shields and barriers with Overload, or use it to stun the cannon fodder so you can fill it with lead. Incinerate is great for softening hard targets or making soft targets panic like a little bitch. The Combat Drone kinda suck in combat, but like you said, it's good for aggro and making Guardians turn around. Team up with a heavy hitter and you can plow through waves of enemies.

I also like playing my Krogan Soldier when I feel like messing about. Specced for max defense and melee damage, I can walk up to the enemy and then charge-bitchslap them to death. I like how he sometimes laughs like a maniac while doing so. Apart from Carnage his powers aren't that great, but he's just so much fun to play.

Imperius:
Seems like the Salarians are the lads I like the most. The Infiltrator especially. Cloak, Energy drain and m-98 widow. I completed an entire wave 10 pretty much by myself cause my teammates were holed up trying not to get their asses murdered.

They still died, but I won the mission in their honour!
Thats how the SAS...err STG rolls! xD

I always thought the Salarian STG sounded more like the Israeli Mussad myself. But yes, the Salarian characters seem to be everywhere now.

True, I may have to reconsider my acronyms then.
Still they seem to have the best kit for sniping

The multiplayer isn't bad, I enjoy it. I just wish it were deeper. All in all, it is fun in small spurts but the gameplay is really shallow. It could be I am more a fan of missions than horde mode.

Clive Howlitzer:
The multiplayer isn't bad, I enjoy it. I just wish it were deeper. All in all, it is fun in small spurts but the gameplay is really shallow. It could be I am more a fan of missions than horde mode.

They apparently have more events coming up soon. Hopefully they're be as fun as Goliath was.

If you want to believe the rumors like I do, there's supposed to be a DLC coming that'll bring more multiplayer maps, multiplayer missions, and new races to play as. Here's hoping.

I got full extraction from multiple silver matches against reapers during the event but didn't get the special pack that was supposed to be associated with the event. Anyone else? I got the pack for the community killing a jillion goliaths though. I enjoy the mp way more than I ever thought I would. I thought it would be complete garbage.

Ghostwise:
I got full extraction from multiple silver matches against reapers during the event but didn't get the special pack that was supposed to be associated with the event. Anyone else? I got the pack for the community killing a jillion goliaths though. I enjoy the mp way more than I ever thought I would. I thought it would be complete garbage.

I only got one Commendation Pack, thought you were supposed to get one for every time you did an extraction. Oh well. My guess as to why you haven't got yours yet might be time zone delay. They started going out at 5pm Pacific Standard Time

My gamertag is Davcokov if anyone fancies a game. I've been playing the Asari adept recently. I only take the Locust into battle and generally find I can deal with most enemies through biotic combos. Even those with shields can be dealt with through a stasis/throw combo.

Gerishnakov:
My gamertag is Davcokov if anyone fancies a game. I've been playing the Asari adept recently. I only take the Locust into battle and generally find I can deal with most enemies through biotic combos. Even those with shields can be dealt with through a stasis/throw combo.

Lucky Bastard, lol. Asari Adept is the only character I'm missing, and it's one I've been really wanting.

Jitters Caffeine:
Lucky Bastard, lol. Asari Adept is the only character I'm missing, and it's one I've been really wanting.

Yeah she's pretty sweet. Not sure I like the biotic zipping around instead of rolling. You can't move the camera while she zips.

I like the Multiplayer for ME3.
Only complaint is the Character customization would be better if it was unlocked by character's level and not the boxes

BTW
favorite classes:
Asari Vanguard
Quarian Engineer
Human Infiltrator

My gamertag is Ratboy1337. My favorite race/class is either the Quarian Engineer, or the Asari Adept. The sentry turret is a nice distraction for the Engineer, and Stasis is a good way to get assists and kill all those pesky swarmers for the Adept. Also, using warp then throw really shreds through armor, so Brutes and Banshees are not nearly as challenging as before.

Also, the biotic dash thing uses some of your barrier, which I find annoying when running away from a big group of enemies

When I did play multiplayer I played as an infiltrator. I only had human, but I fancied quarian or salarian, if only because their powers were better, cryo blast is OK, but I'd rather have a power to bring down shields.

I don't generally play much multiplayer though, I found ME3's enjoyable but it got pretty repetitive for me. It is one of the more enjoyable multiplayer modes I've played, maybe because it's not a free for all death match where I die in seconds.

Just unlocked the Salarian engineer and the Asari Adept, but then the server kicked me out so I'll have a playabout with those later.

Been mainly playing as human soldier and Quarian Engineer.

Skorms Boss on xbox live, though I will say I'm normally on at obscure times (12 midnight UK)

Is anyone else not promoting their characters when they get to the level cap? I just have no desire to do it. I might do it when I replay the main game, but I don't see the advantage of starting over from scratch now. And that's especially true since I've found a ton of respec cards so I'm not tied down to a build if I find I'm not happy with it.

When you do promote a character, do all the characters from that class restart as well?

DustyDrB:
Is anyone else not promoting their characters when they get to the level cap? I just have no desire to do it. I might do it when I replay the main game, but I don't see the advantage of starting over from scratch now. And that's especially true since I've found a ton of respec cards so I'm not tied down to a build if I find I'm not happy with it.

When you do promote a character, do all the characters from that class restart as well?

yeah, all the characters in that class get reset. You keep all your customization options, but they're reset to default. Kind of annoying if you had a theme going and can't remember what goes where.

Jitters Caffeine:

DustyDrB:

yeah, all the characters in that class get reset. You keep all your customization options, but they're reset to default. Kind of annoying if you had a theme going and can't remember what goes where.

Yeah, then I'm definitely not promoting anyone until I play the main game again.

Jitters Caffeine:
I always thought the Salarian STG sounded more like the Israeli Mussad myself. But yes, the Salarian characters seem to be everywhere now.

0.o
Point accepted, I didn't think of that. *scribbles some notes for an RPG session I've been working on*

DustyDrB:

Yup. Also, what rarity are respec cards?

OT: I HAVE YET TO GET A KROGAN! [grumble grumble]I even played the demo and didn't get it[grumble grumble]
Anyone know what rarity Krogan are? I don't want to waste my time getting the wrong pack.

DustyDrB:

Jitters Caffeine:

DustyDrB:

Yeah, then I'm definitely not promoting anyone until I play the main game again.

They ARE worth about 75 "points" in the War Assets, so there's that.

Zen Toombs:

Jitters Caffeine:

0.o
Point accepted, I didn't think of that. *scribbles some notes for an RPG session I've been working on*

My friends and I did the same with our GURPS tabletop game.

Zen Toombs:

OT: I HAVE YET TO GET A KROGAN! [grumble grumble]I even played the demo and didn't get it[grumble grumble]
Anyone know what rarity Krogan are? I don't want to waste my time getting the wrong pack.

Respec and both Krogan classes are Rares, so if you want them, you're going to want to get Spectre packs

Zen Toombs:

Jitters Caffeine:

0.o

DustyDrB:

Dunno. I have at least ten of them, though. But I only buy Spectre packs.

Jitters Caffeine:

DustyDrB:

Jitters Caffeine:

Mehhhh, that's really not that much. I'd have to promote (and therefore, start over with) a ton a classes before it made a difference. Not worth the hassle.

Just a question about the event itself, the Victory Pack was for the 1,000,000 brutes. What was the commendation pack for again? Was that for full extraction on silver?

Also what are in the packs anyways, I haven't been able to check yet.

Jitters Caffeine:

Zen Toombs:
[OT: I HAVE YET TO GET A KROGAN! [grumble grumble]I even played the demo and didn't get it[grumble grumble]

Respec and both Krogan classes are Rares, so if you want them, you're going to want to get Spectre packs

DustyDrB:

Zen Toombs:

...I pretty much only buy Spectre Packs though.... :(

And what exactly do respec cards do?

Turian soldier here, want to play as a quarian next

DustyDrB:

Jitters Caffeine:

DustyDrB:

Mehhhh, that's really not that much. I'd have to promote (and therefore, start over with) a ton a classes before it made a difference. Not worth the hassle.

well, you also get 10 to your N7 level. So if THAT'S a big deal to you, there you go.

Zen Toombs:

DustyDrB:

Zen Toombs:

...I pretty much only buy Spectre Packs though.... :(

They're a one use respec for a character. Pretty self explanatory.

Human Vanguard and Human Soldier are my classes. I play on PC, same name as here.

I really like the Soldier Battlefield 3 as well, as he gets carnage instead of that girly concussion shot, but eh, does he look ridiculous or what.

I hate the fact that there is so much random content. I mean I got a damn pistol in commendation pack. What use is the pistol for me? I don't use pistols!

Then there's the fact that I got Drell Vanguard / Asari Vanguard like 5 times now, AFTER I'VE MAXED VANGUARD. Damn you Bioware/EA.

Also, I wanted to buy Bioware points but EA ate a dollar and said no.

TakeshiLive:
Just a question about the event itself, the Victory Pack was for the 1,000,000 brutes. What was the commendation pack for again? Was that for full extraction on silver?

Also what are in the packs anyways, I haven't been able to check yet.

I think the Victory Pack was a quasi-Specre pack. I got a Gruul Shotgun and some other goodies in it.

As for the Commendation pack, you get it if you were in a Silver Match against Reapers and at least one person on your team was extracted. In that one you get one of the N7 weapons from the collectors edition and some medi-gel/survival packs/rockets/thermal clips.

Jitters Caffeine:

Zen Toombs:

I meant to ask if they reset all characters of that class. If so, they sound MIGHTY useful.

Zen Toombs:

Jitters Caffeine:

Zen Toombs:

I meant to ask if they reset all characters of that class. If so, they sound MIGHTY useful.

Just one character. You hit the "Y" button when you're on the Power screen if you're on the Xbox when you have one.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked