Rumored Wii-U Launch Titles

So, I came across this article on another well-known gaming website and, a couple of people I watch on youtube mentioned this so I wanted to see what people here on the Escapist thought about the latest rumors of Nintendo's latest home console. Then, I checked out the first three pages of the gaming discussions forums and saw about 90% of the threads were about Mass Effect, EA and Bioware...So, here's the link to the article on Screw Attack...

http://www.screwattack.com/news/rumor-wii-u-launch-list-so-crazy-it-has-be-fake

So there we have it. What do you all think? How much of this do you think is crap and, how much do you see being a possibility? Walking Dead was recently announced after all and I can see how something like WoW would be possible on the Wii-U (using the new controller for resource management and, stacking attacks etc). The only thing about the articles I've seen about this leak is that the titles listed aren't region specific. I don't see Counter-Strike being very big in Japan for example and, I've never known a Final Fantasy: Cyrstal Chronical title to have shaken the western world.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Okamiden. I'm also really curious to hear if World of Warcraft is going to be on the Wii-U as well but if not Phantasy Star 2 made me squee the first time I read this list.

edit:Maybe I shouldn't have posted this at 6:30am on a Wednesday morning...

I heard that Arkham Asylum will be rereleased for the WiiU as well.

Forlong:

Asylum? That could be interesting but I'd like to see what it would include to get people to buy it again. The PS3 had some Joker maps which was enough to make me chose that version but looking back, it didn't really add that much to the game (for me anyway: I wasn't good on those maps)

no F-zero. ninty you big poofs, hurry up!

A lot of these will come out for the eShop (or whatever it'll be called for the WiiU), not retail, so there is some merit to this list. I can actually see some of the more unlikely choices like CS:GO happening, considering TF2 did come out on consoles. Really, the only ones that is actually questionable are WoW and DotA, and with the new expansion coming out for WoW, trying to build hype by including it on consoles might actually make it somewhat plausible.

And now that Amateur Hour: Games Market Analyst is over, my thoughts:
Most of these don't really seem like something I'd get at launch. I know people complain about rumors, but I do think speculation is fun. Okamiden HD interests me, and honestly, a Crystal Chronicles game for the WiiU might actually be pretty awesome with online co-op. And a Professor Layton game is always a good thing. Not the best list, but honestly, the fact that it isn't makes it seem more likely to me.

UPDATE: If the source I'm hearing from is true, then ALL the titles on that list are for the eShop only, and that is the reason announced games like Arkham City and Pikmin 3 aren't on the list. For what it's worth. Not exactly confirming it's all true, some could be false, just an explanation for why some titles are missing from the list.

Shoggoth2588:

Forlong:

Asylum? That could be interesting but I'd like to see what it would include to get people to buy it again. The PS3 had some Joker maps which was enough to make me chose that version but looking back, it didn't really add that much to the game (for me anyway: I wasn't good on those maps)

Considering Joker doesn't swoop off of gargoyles upon hapless passers-by, I can see how Joker levels wouldn't be as good as Batman levels.

agent_orange420:
no F-zero. ninty you big poofs, hurry up!

Exactly what I was thinking, word for word.

CAPTCHA: Check your coat. Ooooh! Moneys!

Well, it's not a stellar lineup, for me. There don't seem to be any superstar swingers coming out with it at launch, or at least according to this rumor. E3 will show us more. I await the big reveal.

Wha? I was plenty shaken by CC. That game is one of the only FF titles I like, spin-off or not.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online should be released on the Wii-U, if not a launch title.

Surprised that there are a bunch of rather late titles here like Crysis.

Apparently this is a list of software coming to the Wii-U E shop (according to KWing of GG)

There you have it. I'm still curious if some of the titles on that list could be set for more than a digital release like the Tony Hawk re-release and, WoW (assuming WoW is really happening and not another Fever-Dream Mario is having)

World of Warcraft would be interesting. I don't play it personally, but I'm curious as to how it'll work on Wii U.

not one title I want, sorry Nintendo I'll give it a miss for now

Hm... If it's true its interesting, but but odd. If that is the line up, it's quite sad considering a good bit of them aren't new.

mmo's on the wii-u..?

and better remove PSO2, its not leaving japan.

The Walking Dead?

Hmm, interesting. *Checks stuff* Aww...they decided to use something similar to Borderlands' cell shaded graphics. Still...could be interesting gameplay-wise.

i could see WoW working (i still wouldn't play it even of some one else paid my way)

but Dragons Nest? really ..... that game sucks ..... DFO or Vindictus would be better to port over

I would be genuinely surprised if they launched WoW for the Weeooo.
Not that Blizzard or Activision is 100% dedicated to keeping it a non console title I just don't see them taking the time and effort to port the game and it's 4 x-packs onto a home console that hasn't really been getting a lot of support.

The cost/benefit just isn't there.

But hey, I could be very wrong. I've actually been quite surprised that there hasn't been a push to make stand alone WoW spinoff titles for the home console market.

(Essentially more traditional RPG or dungeon crawlers.)

EDIT:

If this is an official list of games it's pretty weak and I don't see anything that would make me want to buy the console.
If they keep up like this I have to imagine it's only a matter of time before the We-you gets buried under the same inescapable morass of shovelware that the Wii currently finds itself.

WoW? Ehr... very unlikely same with DOtA2 (which is a damn shame)
Phantasy Star Online 2 is one i would love to see and think may be possible
Resident Evil is so hit or miss yet when it is a hit it is a big one so that sound like the most plausible it game for me as well as a 2D onic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 because let's face it the 3D Sonics are hideous.

Got to be honest, that seems like a pretty good launch line-up.

C'mon everyone, remember the games the PS3 and 360 launched with? Bullet Witch? Blazing Angels? NBA 07?

If Nintendo has already convinced publishers to get titles like Burnout, I Am Alive and Counter Strike in time for the Wii-U's launch, that can only mean that the Wii-U has a betetr fuondation on which to build a games library.

Shoggoth2588:

Forlong:

Knowing Nintendo, it'll look like it was rendered with a fucking SNES.

I would buy a Wii-U for a proper Star Fox game.

Montezuma's Lawyer:

Shoggoth2588:

Forlong:

Knowing Nintendo, it'll look like it was rendered with a fucking SNES.

So long as the game play is good it won't matter. Batman Returns was really good considering it was a movie tie-in game and it would be great to have a new side-scrolling, Konami style beat-em-up. It would be wild if a Wii-U release of Asylum included something like a download code for the NES Batman game now that you bring up classic consoles.

Tony Hawk Pro-Skater HD Collection eh...Color me intrigued. If it came out on the 360 or Vita that would be bliss!

I would've prefered a remake of the first Red Steel Ubisoft!

I am noticing a glaring lack of No More Heroes 3 Ninty, and Pikmin 3 too for that matter. Also That whole new IP better get here soon.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD and Counter Strike: Global Offensive are looking pretty good to me.

(looks at list...)

Gaa~aarbage. Nothing there even comes close to saying system seller to me.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked