Say something NICE about ME3 (Spoilers ahead)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Go on do it. If you played through to the end of Mass Effect 3 surely you enjoyed the gameplay and/or story enough to invest 20+ hours into reaching it. So praise the intrcacies of the combat system, ponder the choices that you may have done wrong,or just say "Hurr it looked pretteh'"

For me the emotional impact of losing two ex-squadmates was amazing. (Mordin and Thane)

I loved the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses her time capsule plan. That scene alone made me go back and replay the series, romancing and staying loyal to her in all three. I'm just about done with ME2, and I do have Lair of the Shadow Broker, and I'm already loving it more than when I romanced Ash.

Aside from the final 10 minutes, it was pretty much the greatest game I've ever played. Not perfect, by any stretch, but no game is.

I enjoyed the emotional highs and lows. I had some great fun playing with the new weapons. Seeing locations that up until now we'd only heard about (Thessia, Rannoch, Sur'kesh, Grissom Academy) was awesome. Same goes for some of the characters from the extended universe (Kahlee and the much-hated Kai Leng for example).

So yeah - aside from the last 10 minutes, I loved it to death.

AD-Stu:
Aside from the final 10 minutes, it was pretty much the greatest game I've ever played. Not perfect, by any stretch, but no game is.

I enjoyed the emotional highs and lows. I had some great fun playing with the new weapons. Seeing locations that up until now we'd only heard about (Thessia, Rannoch, Sur'kesh, Grissom Academy) was awesome. Same goes for some of the characters from the extended universe (Kahlee and the much-hated Kai Leng for example).

Yeah, agreed. There are really only two major blemishes on this game for me: Shepard speaking on his own way too much, and the ending.

Aside from that, it's was an overall mind-blowingly amazing game. The reason I hate the ending so much is just...

Seriously, they were sooooooooo close to a perfect finish to the series. And then the laser hits you...

DustyDrB:

AD-Stu:

Yeah, agreed. There are really only two major blemishes on this game for me: Shepard speaking on his own way too much, and the ending.

Aside from that, it's was an overall mind-blowingly amazing game. The reason I hate the ending so much is just...

Seriously, they were sooooooooo close to a perfect finish to the series. And then the laser hits you...

+10 Internets for the Get Smart reference.
I did feel more connected to Liara even though I had romanced and stayed true to Ashely through the whole series.

uh, uh, uhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has nice packaging.

Okay, that was a lie. Even the packaging is kind of corny.

Zeel:
uh, uh, uhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has nice packaging.

Okay, that was a lie. Even the packaging is kind of corny.

if you have nothing nice to say jump into this bucket from that ledge over there.

OT: i had fun and the ending wasn't that bad I've seen worse trust me

Everything before the magic elevator was awesome. It could have been easily the best game of the year...

Garrus tapping Tali.

You're my boy, Garrus!

It wasn't as good as two but it was one of the best games I've played.

So many awesome moments.

Emergency Induction Port.

'You were born to do this'

Seashells.

Mass Effect 3 has excellent game-play, many touching moments, and except for a few lose ends was a nice ending to the series.

On a side note does that troll Zeel show up in all threads in this forum that have anything to do with Mass Effect. Considering he seems to hate the game quite vocally he seems to follow any and all threads about it with an obsessive passion.

Every single thing up until THE FUCKING GOD DAMN STAR CHILD.

IhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhate -

FUCK YOU, KID

Kasurami:
Every single thing up until THE FUCKING GOD DAMN STAR CHILD.

IhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhate -

FUCK YOU, KID

Even Spider-Man agrees.

99% of the game was pure brilliance, it just fell at the last hurdle.

Daystar Clarion:

Spidey-Snip

Even Spider-Man agrees.

You know the ending of your hard sci-fi epic has problems when it would make more sense with the addition of Spider-Man assaulting a child.

Kasurami:

Daystar Clarion:

Spidey-Snip

Even Spider-Man agrees.

You know the ending of your hard sci-fi epic has problems when it would make more sense with the addition of Spider-Man assaulting a child.

Hey, after the fact, I was happy to see something like this.

Makes perfect sense, if you ask me.

My Fem!Shep romanced Liara, the pay off to staying true to her was amazing.

Garrus and Tali hooking up was a nice touch, but ultimately I best connected with Tali on Rannoch when she sat on the ground and breathed the air of her homeworld for the first time.

"There is no Shepard without Vakkarian" that combined with the ultimate bro moment (even as a Fem!Shep) with the rifle and the bottles, cemented without a doubt who Commander Shepard's best friend was, and his name was Garrus.

"Shepard, you've been a sister to me" Oh Wrex, you big softie :D

"Someone else would have gotten it wrong......" I miss you Mordin :(

"Does this unit have a soul?" Yes you do Legion, yes you do.

Grissom Academy was also a welcome moment, saving David and Jack, who has gone from damaged phsychotic to a teacher: there is no greater victory for her over Cerberus than to move past what they did to her, and make sure it never happens again.

The game is filled to the brim with awesome, heartwarming and tearjerking scenes. I never wanted the ending to be farting rainbow bunnies, and as I hobbled towards the transit beam I thought "This is it, like many before you, it is time to lay down your life so that others may live". The ending wasn't just bad, it was hollow and frankly unworthy of a game that until that final twenty minutes, had been as close to perfect for me as any before or since.

CAPTCHA: the bee's knees.....it really was.

No driving sections or planet scanning.

It felt like a more organic universe from the first two games, in that NPCs would have conversations with each other without you needing to walk up and push a button or have a cutscene.

I liked how you could side with one NPC over another and that the repercussions would actually be reflected in your war effort preparations.

I liked how your companions actually moved around the ship and the Citadel and interacted with each other - ie Garrus and James talking smack, Garrus and Joker trading jokes, James and Cortez ribbing each other.

I liked the absolute plethora of weapons and that you could equip any weapon with any class as long as you weighed up weapons vs cooldowns (although I did miss having heavy weapons).

Besides the ending, there are only a few minor complaints that I have.
One of the things which I really enjoyed, are the little side stories that the people tell on the citadel.
That girl who sold her beloved car, to buy her friend very good armour and didn't tell him or the Asari commando who talks to the psychiatrist on the Huerta Memorial Hospita. Whenever I went to the Citadel, I would go there and listen to another part of the story.
That story is really good but what makes it even better is if you listen to what Joker says about his family. He said that his family lives on Tiptree, on a farm on the edge of civilized space. The Asari says the same about the farm family she met. The name of the girl she had to kill is Hillary, just like Joker's sister and the Asari said that the girl wanted to become a pilot when she grows up. It's not hard figure out why. :(

This and the interactions between the squadmates, make the game look much more alive.

The best part of the game? Need I say it? Really?

Marauder Shields was the best goddamn part of the game that's what.

Never forget.

ME1 looked kind of nice. Yeah, that's about it.

Oh man, there were good times there! The dialogue for different squad member
(Wrex) "You'd think the Shadow Broker would have picked up on something like this. Good thing I don't know her..."
(Liara) "...I'm sure the Shadow Broker has been very busy."

(Wrex) "I like my Salarian liver served raw!"
(Javik) "Indeed. It is was a delegacy in my time."

And then, that scene walking in on Garrus and Tali. Hilarious! And Joker and EDI. "I would have baked a cake!"

Watching Thane's final moments...I had tears in my eyes. I was crying it was so powerful. And Mordin's death was painful, but it also gave me a sense of pride for him. I wanted my Shepard to salute him as he rode to the top.

And when you finally catch up to Kai Leng. "That was for Thane, you son of a bitch!" Damn straight it was!

Hearing Charr's love poem to his Asari wife and knowing that you made the correct choice in the second game because she's broken hearted. You know that, even though she had her doubts, she was happy with him.

There were so many good parts in that game. I laughed so hard at so many points, and cried at others. Even up to the part where I was charging down the hill, rushing toward the laser, I was going, "Hurrah! Let's get this DONE! ATTACK!" Epic battle. Even when the Curcible came to life as Shepard's guilt, I went, "Okay, that's cool."
Then I was given the ending choices. My mouth got closer and closer to the floor each time he explained one. Sigh...

ME3 was brilliant excepting the ending.

The highpoints for me were: SPOILERS BELOW!

The Garrus-shootout.

The teenage girl on the citadel that was waiting for her parents, the background dialogue with her and the guard is just...fantastic and very emotional.

Tali and Garrus making out (I lolled so hard and dawwwwwwwwwwwwwed).

The death of Thane Q_Q

Liara and my Femshep deciding to stay together/marry. WHY COULDNT I HAVE A NICE WE GOT MARRIED SIGN ON MY NORMANDY IN A NICE EPILOGUE EH!?

The Geth becoming sentient and the peace between Quarians and Geth.

The Krogans finally being rid of the genophage and Mordins death T_T

More or less every single thing Joker says. He is fucking brilliant.

Man...the game is RIDDLED with awesome....it just mindboggling how they messed it up in the end.

Some of these may have been mentioned, but I think ME3 deserves some positive feedback as well, so I'll say them anyway.

Having a shooting contest with Garrus (I've always thought of Garrus as Shepard's (both male and female) best friend, and this was a great moment)

Mordin - Every scene with him made me both sad and happy, and the ending of his arc was incredibly well done.

NOT A DEFENSE OF THE ENDINGS BUT The little scene of Anderson's Last moments with Shepard on the citadel. The music, scenery, and writing were spot on.

The final misson on tuchanka - This was featured in one of the early trailers, and if anything was actually more epic in the actual game. Kudos to the giant pissed off thresher maw.

The Music - Seriously, the new compositions, the synthesis (no pun intended) of old songs and new, and occasional callbacks to previous themes were just so. damn. awesome. (by the way, I mean the eddie izzard interpretation of awesome, go look it up if you don't know what I'm on about)

The romances- Other than the fact that we didn't get as much of Miranda as I was hoping, the rest of them were handled very well.

I really hope the ending business gets wrapped up to everyone's satisfaction, because despite all the criticisms leveled at them, there's a reason we still buy Bioware games: nobody else does it the way they do.

As is common, I loved about 90% of the game.

Some high points:

- Liara's time capsule project. Good character moment. Also, brought home the stakes when you realise she's making contingency plans for the end of all life as we know it.

- Shooting bottles with Garrus.

- Wrex being, well... being Wrex

- Seeing Jack find something to give a damn about. "These kids are mine. MINE."

- The fall of Thessia and the aftermath. Hearing the asari soldiers die and then having absolutely nothing to say to the councillor.

- Liara yelling at Javik. "You're a Prothean! You're supposed to have all the answers!"

- "Blue rose of Illium".

- "Emergency induction port."

- The banter between James and Cortez.

- "I'd say now would be a good time to test the fire alarms."

- The traumatized asari in the hospital. I thought having a gun would make her feel better... yeah... whoops.

- Talking to Eve, the krogan female. Holy shit, the poor thing.

- "There goes the next shadow broker." "Y'know, I could swear I heard him muttering "T'soni, T'soni" the whole time." "Guys. that's not funny."

- The way that squad mates would move around the ship and take shore leave on the citadel.

- Garrus's goodbye speech.

- Just in general, the way the game manages to get across the feeling of this being the end of times.

My favorite, and the part I dislike most (other than the ending) are one in the same.

When legion sacrificed to give all of the geth free will and make them complete beings, I cried, it was a touching moment.

I literally cried when Thane died in the hospital after fighting Kai Leng. His son reading hanar poetry, and shepard joining in... it was really moving.

I'm not even religious, but that touched me deep inside. No pun intended.

As others have said: Emergency Induction Port.

Also, it looks pretty, and the vanguard playstyle is as balls-out awesome as ever.

Everything up to Marauder Shields was great.

The squadmates actually going around the ship and talking to each other.

The decisions that at least had some kind of consequence.

Sitting in the Illusive Man's chair.

Deaths for squadmates from ME2 (Mordin and Thane's were particularly sad).

i...i just can't right now.

they made kelly chambers a psychological wreckage.

and then gave me the option to either encourage her to stay on the citadel or change her name and leave. and i thought staying was the right choice (paragon).
i was wrong and she is dead now.
-----------------

- the geth level where you learn about the conflict with the quarians.

- tali getting drunk.

- little horrifying details:
for example when you are on sanctuary, the room before you meet miranda you can press on a console a button and a husk strapped on a bed comes forward. and the husk start to talk with a female voice! asking where she is and what happened to her.

- seeing old characters like Conrad Verner again and making him somewhat usefull.
he might be dumb as a brick but he has a heart of gold.

- jarvik being mostly a dick.

Well, literally everything about it sans the last 5 minutes or so is eyeball-meltingly awesome. But more specifically:

-The weight system creates a perfect balance between guns and powers while allowing for player customization of playstyle.
-The structure of having multiple missions contributing to a larger goal bring back the "epic" feeling from ME1 (with it's really long, elaborate missions) that was largely absent in ME2 (with it's much shorter missions). For me, at least.
-The complex political and social issues that have been part of Mass Effect from day one are handled beautifully.
-The galaxy map is much better.(planet scanning, etc)
-The set pieces are awesome.
-Many of the Krogan's foreheads appear to be made of rich, dark, chocolate, which is delicious. Seriously, go look and Urdnot Wreave's head and tell me I'm wrong.
-The choices have appropriate weight behind them, and are genuinely difficult to make. (again, this is minus the last five minutes or so)
-Oh, and Javik is pretty damn cool, even if his "recruitment mission" is basically a waste of time.

And about a million more things.

Fappy:
The best part of the game? Need I say it? Really?

Marauder Shields was the best goddamn part of the game that's what.

Never forget.

Never forget. His name was Marauder Shields.

In all seriousness now, the game is great until the last 10 minutes. Most people agree on that. From a graphical standpoint it's inferior to Mass Effect 2 though. Shoddy animations, low textures, broken necks, invisible characters in cutscenes. It need a patch. And a very big one.

Jedoro:
I loved the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses her time capsule plan. That scene alone made me go back and replay the series, romancing and staying loyal to her in all three. I'm just about done with ME2, and I do have Lair of the Shadow Broker, and I'm already loving it more than when I romanced Ash.

This. So, so much of this. I kinda always think she's a bit dull in the first game compared to Ash, but by the end of the series she's far and away the best character. Whether you romance her or not, she's always the one who's prepared to go the extra mile for you. That could have been overly soppy but they made it really, really touching.

OP: (apart from the last 10 minutes or so) The best game I've ever played, ever. Gameplay wise I found it to be the perfect middle ground between ME1 and ME2, and story wise I've never been so emotionally invested in a game.

I'm finding it really hard to decide on one overall highlight, but if I had to choose I'd say taking down the Reaper Destroyer on Rannoch, and then making peace between the Quarians and Geth straight after, with Legion being forced to sacrifice himself the moment he becomes true 'life', was just a perfect sequence.

Javik.

The whole 'End of the Galaxy' feel the game had. Sure you could scan planets like in ME2, but hang around too long... Really helped set the urgency of your mission, as you didn't have the time to be scanning planets and hunting pirates anymore.

The mission with Legion to disable the Geth fighters. Was quite possibly the single greatest level I have ever played in a video game, ever. Though that's probably because of Legion...

Talking with the dying Reaper on Rannoch... that was actually pretty cool, especially when you do a Paragon interrupt on it.

I also really loved the ending bit (up to the Starchild part - it was kinda 'Meh' after that) - the whole 'Sprint to the Beacon' while Harbringer rained death onto you was pretty intense, and talking with the Illusive Man was pretty good too.

Garrus' little ending speech at the end... I had never really talked to Garrus much over the past two games, but I enjoyed all the dialogue with him in ME3. One of the greatest Bromances in gaming History, my Shepard and Garrus (I think it's going to continue as well... my Shepard survived, and Garrus was on the Normandy somehow at the ending, so possibility of Bromance continuation.)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked