Best Gaming Deal Ever.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

At least for me. This might even top The Orange Box. I found the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology pack for $20. For that I get Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 + Expansions, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Planescape Torment.

I am a very happy shopper right now. What was the best gaming deals you've ever made?

I'm going to write Fallout 3 GOTY. It cost $40, which aint cheap, but had the original game that was still selling for $30, plus 5 $10 expansions built in. I put 150 hours into that thing. About 30 cents an hour.

I picked up a copy of Fallout 3 (This was before the GOTY editon) for 20 bucks and decided on a whim, after hearing so much praise for it, to buy it. Best gamin' related decision of my life, I played my copy to death.

borderlands 40e the week it came out so i could get uncharted 2 as well

Orange Box

Half my deal, on Steam $5 each for Oblivion and Guild wars. Indie bundles for $25 that have like 10 games. Ha have bought all my game via per-order to get a free game of some sort or at the Christmas sale and mid week madness for 33-80% off

As for a "worth the money no matter if it is full price" game i will go with Skyrim/Oblivion or beat hazard, each provide FAR more hours of entertainment than you tend to pay for

I got Portal for free, and TF2 for $5 when they both came to Mac. I know the latter is free now, but considering I've put 700 hours into it since then, that was an incredible deal.

I got the massive Dragon Age: Origins GOTY for 20, that included all of the DLC, Awakenings and the gifts and gags thing too. I was pretty proud! And because I was doing a trade in, I only paid 5~ :3

VaudevillianVeteran:
I got the massive Dragon Age: Origins GOTY for 20, that included all of the DLC, Awakenings and the gifts and gags thing too. I was pretty proud! And because I was doing a trade in, I only paid 5~ :3

DAO is good, wish I'd got the GOTY: very aggrevating to be taken out of the moment: you walk up to an NPC and he says something like, boy, there's this great adventure we need a dwarven fighter for... got $10 to download it? Argh!

Lucem712:
I picked up a copy of Fallout 3 (This was before the GOTY editon) for 20 bucks and decided on a whim, after hearing so much praise for it, to buy it. Best gamin' related decision of my life, I played my copy to death.

Only reason I stopped was the PS3 just really couldn't handle what I was putting it through: kept crashing. I had long since finished the main campaign before then . (Example: got a giant and a dog with me, and we fast travel and find ourselves surrounded by monsters. That is a lot of math that has to go on to figure out what goes where. Slowdown and freeze. Hope Skyrim on PC doesn't do anything like that.)

Gorfias:

DAO is good, wish I'd got the GOTY: very aggrevating to be taken out of the moment: you walk up to an NPC and he says something like, boy, there's this great adventure we need a dwarven fighter for... got $10 to download it? Argh!

Yeah, that was a pretty big dick move, basically saying "Hey. There's a lot more stuff to do. Too bad you haven't forked out for it yet~".

VaudevillianVeteran:

snap! Though with reward points I only paid 2.50

BEST DEAL EVER!!!

Mount and Blade: Warband - 190 hours for $7.50
Kings Bounty - 70 hours for $2.50
World of Warcraft - XXXXX hours for $50 and $15 a month

Probably the three best dollars/hours ratios in recent memory.

Fallout 3 GOTY is tempting, but I'm gonna have to give it to The Orange Box.

I got The Orange Box for 5 euros of a friend, eh, eh eh...

I got the Half-life collection for 20 euros, and I have played about 200 hours of it. Totally worth it.

I bought Deus Ex : HR for 20$ a month after it came out . Sometimes Gamestop make mistakes and i take advantage of it ( even though i didn't like the game).

I bought alpha protocol for 10$ . It was suposed to be 29.99$ . Sometimes futureshop make mistakes and i take advantage of it ( loved that game ).

Bought oblivion goty edition with the two expansions for 19.99$. Spent 300 hours on that game , great deal .

I got street fighter 4 free . It was marked at 10$ , when i got to the cash ot scanned for 29.99$. By law ( where i live at least) if a item is marked a certain price and it's more expensive when you scan it at the cash , you get 10$ off . If it's marked at less than 10$ , you get it free .

I know this is kinda missing the point, but I bought Halo...oh fuck what was it alled, Halo Wars? The RTS?

Anyway, I bought it in Gamestation for 98p...and traded it in straight away for 6.
Was an insane offer and the guy at the till just laughed.
Treated myself to a subway. It was glorious.

As far as keeping faithful to the real point of the thread...I'm not too sure right off the top of my head.

HMM...I guess I'll say Fallout 3 GOTY, too.

krazykidd:
I got street fighter 4 free . It was marked at 10$ , when i got to the cash ot scanned for 29.99$. By law ( where i live at least) if a item is marked a certain price and it's more expensive when you scan it at the cash , you get 10$ off . If it's marked at less than 10$ , you get it free .

Yeah the same goes in England; I was going suit shopping and the label said it'd cost less than the machine said...so they had to sell it for the label price which meant I saved a cheeky 130. :'].

I think mine's got to be... PlayStation Plus subscription.
I've gotten so many discounts and so many free games from it, it's paid itself back tenfold.

Optionally, "TOTALLY Neverwinter Nights" for like 7 euros. Contains the original game and its expansions. Good times.

offtopic: captcha was 'atomic bomb'...

Last week I picked up Mass Effect 2, Yakuza 3, Blazblue: Calamity Trigger and Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction for..........................16.

Gamestations going-out-of-business "Spring Clean" sale

February 10th 2012.....I had never played or even heard of The Elder Scrolls, two of my buddies recommended the game Oblivion, ever since that day I have been a major fan of the series. The sweetest part was that it was only $10!!!!

Saint's Row 3 for 2, poor Gamestation and their closing down sale.

I bought Oblivion for 25 bucks and put over 800 hours into it.

So Oblivion.

Other contenders are pretty much all Total War titles (150 hour long campaigns aint to shabby at all) and MW2 which I have almost 400 hours in. Although MW2 doesnt really count, since I played the alteriw version, not the "legit" one.

I picked up both Mass Effect 1 and 2 for 15. With no prior knowledge on the series. Oh boy.

The first ridiculously good deal I got back years ago was on the "Command & Conquer: Worldwide Warfare" bundle which came with...

C&C: Tiberian Dawn
C&C: Tiberian Dawn: Covert Ops
C&C: Red Alert
C&C: Red Alert: Aftermath
C&C: Red Alert: Counterstrike

I paid $5 for it.

Since then I've gotten a whole bunch of amazing deals, mostly thanks to Steam. Lots of amazing games for $5 or less.

I got might and magic 7 for 50p, that was pretty decent. Especially considering the number of times I've played it.

BloatedGuppy:
Mount and Blade: Warband - 190 hours for $7.50
Kings Bounty - 70 hours for $2.50
World of Warcraft - XXXXX hours for $50 and $15 a month

Probably the three best dollars/hours ratios in recent memory.

i think you won, except for WoW which will be a bloodsucker once you use up those 'free' hours.

Fallout 3: GotY edition and Dead Space (I think it was Dead Space) - 2 for 20 That was a pretty good shopping trip.

My best luck ever was finding a slightly-used copy of the original Valkyrie Profile for $20. These days, you can't find Valkyrie Profile for less than $70 if you can find it at all.

Star Trek Online. Paid $0, have clocked 94 hours so far and am only about halfway through Romulan Space. Still have Cardassians, Breen, Borg, and Undine to fight.

Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for $1 at Gamestop

This included:

- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda (original)
-Adventure of Link
and a demo for Windwaker.

do I win?

Bought a copy of borderlands for 16 bucks, brutal legend for 9. Some good deals to be had out there.

wtf captcha is the taco bell slogan asking me to describe it: Horrible

For $75 I got a used virtual boy with the stand, controller, eye-shade thing etc and, Mario's Tennis.

Also, found Super Mario Sunshine used for $20 with the box, manual and inserts. It wasn't even a players choice!

lotr rocks 0:
Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition for $1 at Gamestop

This included:

- Ocarina of Time
- Majora's Mask
- The Legend of Zelda (original)
-Adventure of Link
and a demo for Windwaker.

do I win?

That sounds like a pretty epic win right there!

$5 for the 3 Stalker games, not bad. Quite some time spent in the Zone after that.

Soviet Heavy:
At least for me. This might even top The Orange Box. I found the Dungeons and Dragons Anthology pack for $20. For that I get Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 + Expansions, Icewind Dale 1 and 2, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Planescape Torment.

I am a very happy shopper right now. What was the best gaming deals you've ever made?

WHAT!!! YOU COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS LAST NIGHT?! Sorry I had just bought bg last night and i was planing on buying bg, bg2, and ps:t so you can understand why I am upset. I am also upset because bg is VERY laggy so I can't even play it without wanting to tear out my hair.

A couple of years ago I was gifted an Amiga 500+, A1200 and two massive boxes full of disks and the like.

Cue me acting like a hyperactive child who's just found out Christmas is coming early.

Portal for free from Steam. Also Skyrim was $10 cheaper than retail when I went to buy it a week after release. My friend also gave me Dragon Age: Origins for free because he thought it was shit.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked