I liked the ending to Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

I loved my ending. I went Green by the way.
That last few hours were the perfect culmination of everything my Shepard had done throughout ME1-3.
The choice was a beautiful happy ending that was thoughtful and really embodied the sort of sci-fi storytelling prevalent in the 1970s...the era that was the original inspiration for the game in the first place.

A question to all the people who liked the ending.

What's your favorite plot hole?

codeg:
Well I still subscribe to the Indoctrination Theory so I also view the ending favorably.

Yeah, I also bite into that theory. I think if it's true, it puts a lot more meaning to the ending and to what happened in the games in general. I already like the ending to an extent... I think it made me emotional in a good way, even if it was a little out there and there were lots of plot holes. But if the indoctrination theory is true that just puts a whole new, awesome spin on it.

Adam Jensen:

I only saw one plot hole. That is how did EDI get back on the Normandy for the crash sequence?
That is one minor plot hole over 150 hours worth of video game goodness spanning from ME1 to ME3. That just isn't that big of a deal to me, especially considering how well having Joker and EDI walk out together at my Green ending was a perfect thematic conclusion.

So...no glaring plot holes for me. At least nothing that pulled me out of the game...which was great!

Having no analytical skills must be a blessing for you then. Because Bioware introduced more than 10 major plot holes in the last 10 minutes.

Sober Thal:
Please don't quote me with any spoilers ; )

I'm taking my time playing ME 3, and being careful not to read about the ending. Sure I have read thread titles, and it sounds like the 'vocal gaming community' is pissing and moaning... but I bet the ending is okay. Hell, people liked the God of War games, so I am suspicious on the overall 'OMG we have been betrayed' feelings.

Also, to all of the people upset over the ending, I would suggest you never read the Dark Tower books by Stephen King.

I'll probably beat the game after people have lost their fury. Oh well, it sounded like a nice controversy... what little I have read about it.

I totally insulated myself from talk about the game before and during my playthrough of it, and I still ended up hating the ending. However, the remaining 99.9% of the game is spectacular and the ending doesn't really damage my opinion of the series. It's just unfortunate. They were sooooo close to a perfect closing to the trilogy. Missed it by that much....

It's strange how I see everywhere everyone hates the ending, except this thread. Now people are admitting to liking it, just because someone else said he did.

I was constantly being reminded that the ending would suck during my playthrough, and bloody hell it did. Until...

After watching the whole of the 20+ minute video about the "Indoctrination Theory" it made me realize that Mass Effect 3's ending and build up to it is the best I have ever seen in any video game ever.

Major_Tom:
You went for paragon? Congratulations, you're now a husk!

I'm not even going to bother replying to you because of how stupid your post is... shit.

Adam Jensen:

The one where all the squad members suddenly teleport inside the Normandy and crash land in a jungle-world. But following the Indoctrination Theory, hopefully that was just Shepard's imagination.

Melon Hunter:

Also, inb4 Zeel.

I cannot believe you just summoned Zeel like that. HOW COULD YOU

OT: I think it could be a good ending, just not for mass effect, it doesn't fit with the game

Adam Jensen:
Having no analytical skills must be a blessing for you then. Because Bioware introduced more than 10 major plot holes in the last 10 minutes.

Let's see. I am actually paid to analyze things...so, analytical skills? Yep I have them.

But since you are vague, why don't you list these 10 major plot holes that happen in the last 10 minutes. Specificity is a great thing!

I like the ending(s) and because i had heard that the Mass Effect universe would create more games my thoughts were on where Bioware would go from here because these games were epic and much like Yahtzee would say "How do you increase the dramtic tension after threatening to destroy all of exsistence?"

MC1980:

JackandTom:

Frozen Fox:
Wow, i would say the control ending is hands down the least paragon ending possible. I mean you just became the most evil force in the universe and wind up killing all organic like by you own hands... or what ever a reaper will call it's hands

Well I don't know which ending everybody else got but my ending, the control option/paragon option ended with everybody cheering as the reapers flew away. I thought it was the paragon because it was about Shepard sacrificing himself for the greater good. My brother did the renegade option and that involved destroying all synthetics (including the Geth) which sounded pretty renegade to me.

Actually from what I read (before the game came out) is that they deliberately switched the colors of the paragon/renegade choice to confuse people with the video that shows Anderson being renegade and TIM being paragon.

So that would make destroy the paragon ending.

I like to think that the ending makes you question the characters, perhaps the Illusive Man was right all along? It just seems that killing all the Reapers when there is a chance to control them and send them away is a "renegade" thing to do. It's open to interpretation to be honest.

Aerosteam 1908:
It's strange how I see everywhere everyone hates the ending, except this thread. Now people are admitting to liking it, just because someone else said he did.

I was constantly being reminded that the ending would suck during my playthrough, and bloody hell it did. Until...

After watching the whole of the 20+ minute video about the "Indoctrination Theory" it made me realize that Mass Effect 3's ending and build up to it is the best I have ever seen in any video game ever.

Debates and opinions can differ someone's belief especially if it's something based on a video game or matter that doesn't scale on their life's morals for say. But, to me even though I watched the Indoctrination video.. I still think it's utterly bad to have as the ending of Mass Effect.

Why?

Well.. why couldn't they of had it sooner or before the ending? Even if it actually is true, the theory doesn't explain the other events like the man telling the child a story or how Shepard's crew was on The Normandy crashing onto a tropical planet. Those pieces were random even for the theory itself to be included. Besides that, Casey Hudson and some other dude made the ending without anyone's feedback or opinion about it so that's why the ending feels very rushed, hollow, and literally defying what Mass Effect is all about - choice. 95% of all the endings are the same but color differs and a lot more stuff I feel about the ending. This video summarizes my feelings up perfectly including input on the theory everyone's coming up with as true.

JackandTom:
**snip**

I thought it was okay. Not great, but not awful. My worst comment is that if felt hastily put together and had several plot holes.

Plot Hole: How did Liara get back to the Normandy? And why isn't she dead? Or with me? I am now confused.

As for the choices, I was actually fairly okay with that. It was bizarre AI logic, but it made sense, particularly since it explained what Harbinger was talking about in ME2. I guess that Reapers are some sort of collective Borg-like combination of the minds of everyone they liquify to be created? Plus, I liked the idea of my Shepard being the benevolent Overmind of the Reapers post game.

... I guess that makes the Reapers sheep?

Smithburg:

Melon Hunter:

Also, inb4 Zeel.

I cannot believe you just summoned Zeel like that. HOW COULD YOU

OT: I think it could be a good ending, just not for mass effect, it doesn't fit with the game

He has YET to show up, however. Odd. Did we forget one of the magic words?

I was personally okay with the ending, because I've faced FAAAR worse disappointments before.
The only thing I will happily concede to the obnoxiousness surrounding the ending is that the fact the Normandy escaped makes zero sense. In any context. It was just a gaping plot-hole they put there by (what I'm sure was) complete accident.

Adam Jensen:

Ha, maybe I can look past the plot holes and see a decent ending? Plenty of great movie's have plot holes.

Alright, alright. The fact Ashley stepped off the Normandy pissed me off. I can see why many think he plot holes are inexcusable , but if this is how Bioware wanted to end the series, then I'm fine with it. I also can see why it's a bit controversial with the fans, but I liked it.

Oh this is sad... very sad.
People are actually hating on you right now.

This is a new low for humanity. It basically boils down to 'stop liking what i don't like'.

trooper6:
Let's see. I am actually paid to analyze things...so, analytical skills? Yep I have them.

And I should believe you because you say so? If that was the case you wouldn't say "payed to analyze things" you'd give an accurate job description. But now it's too late. You can now simply Google job descriptions that require analytical work. And you would probably do that if I haven't just said this. Now see, that's analysis. No stone left unturned.

There are hundreds of videos on YouTube about plot holes in Mass Effect 3. The biggest 2 being Reaper motivations and building the Crucible. Angry Joe made a video where he specifically explained 10 plot holes. But there are more, which you would know if you were able to analyze things, or if you were even remotely interested in such things.

endtherapture:
What was the paragon ending? Control? Definitely didn't seem the Paragon one, I thought destroy was the right option personally. Controlling the Reapers against their free will is something a paragon Shepard would definitely not do, in fact he's just agreeing with TIM so is a very renegade type character.

Because it was the Paragon option for the Geth in ME2.

Rewrite or destroy. Rewrite is paragon, Destroy is Renegade.

Control in ME3 doesn't kill the Geth or EDI. Also, since the Catalyst already controls them, you aren't taking away their free will - they never had free will to begin with. Actually, it sounded like Shepard was going to become the mind of the Reapers - so they would suddenly gain free will as Shepard's new body.

Besides, the Illusive Man wanted to control the Reapers to enslave the rest of the galaxy. Shepard is doing it to protect everyone.

Oh, and while this isn't explained, Control does less or no damage to Earth (depending on fleet size) whereas Destroy always does some damage to Earth (more or less depending on fleet size).

I usualy just lurk. But i like to say something about the ending too. (though i don't think is fair for this forums to make yet another thread about ME3 ending)

I mostly agree with the op.

It sucked that everything you did up until that moment dind't matter at all. And yes there is that mayor plothole where joker is running away from battle (WHAT?)
I did like that the mass relays blowed up, i belive it was the only way to stop the reapers once and for all.

So it mostly sucked, but that doesn't really destroys the game for me. I really had fun those 30 hours before the end and that final run towards the light with the reaper shooting his shit towards everything (that wasn't you at first :P)... THAT was epic. And I definitly will remember it as a great game moment.
I guess the ENDING sucked but the PRE-ENDING was epic.

Anyways, that is why i don't belive it deserves so much nonsensical hate. It's true bioware totally drop the ball on the ending. But even with this terrible ending, I belive pretty much everyone (except who wrote the ending :p) deserves an aplausse for the great game they made.

So.. No more hate! lets talk about how tali killed herself because I had to choose between her asshole people and the pretty much pacefull geth and, of course, I choose the geth.
Every one last quarian was obliterated beacause their best thought "hey, since we are at war with some giant machines who come to destroy everything... Why dont we get every quarian in the galaxy in a single fleet and throw it against another machines who:
a)they really dont want us dead and b) we have never defeated."

Bara_no_Hime:

endtherapture:
What was the paragon ending? Control? Definitely didn't seem the Paragon one, I thought destroy was the right option personally. Controlling the Reapers against their free will is something a paragon Shepard would definitely not do, in fact he's just agreeing with TIM so is a very renegade type character.

Because it was the Paragon option for the Geth in ME2.

Rewrite or destroy. Rewrite is paragon, Destroy is Renegade.

Control in ME3 doesn't kill the Geth or EDI. Also, since the Catalyst already controls them, you aren't taking away their free will - they never had free will to begin with. Actually, it sounded like Shepard was going to become the mind of the Reapers - so they would suddenly gain free will as Shepard's new body.

Besides, the Illusive Man wanted to control the Reapers to enslave the rest of the galaxy. Shepard is doing it to protect everyone.

Oh, and while this isn't explained, Control does less or no damage to Earth (depending on fleet size) whereas Destroy always does some damage to Earth (more or less depending on fleet size).

Suppose that's true, it's a stupid Paragon option though. Rewriting someone's personality and beliefs is a lot more evil than just killing them.

I went Destroy. It's the best option, Shepard can live, the Reapers are truly destroyed, Earth is pretty much unharmed too.

Felt way more Paragon than the "control the Reapers" ending which makes far less sense, Sovereign says Shepard can't even begin to comprehend the Reapers, so controlling them is just stupid.

Zen Toombs:
Basically, why I don't like the endings boils down to this: **images cut**

Yes, but here's the thing - that was an impossible expectation.

With the constraints of modern game budgets and game design, a branching ending like that just wasn't physically possible.

Did people really expect this? Cause I didn't. I knew that, while it would have been awesome, it was never going to happen that way. The game was going to have one ending with variations, just like ME 1 and 2.

At most, I figured there would be a "you save earth" and "you destroy earth" endings - which there are. The fact that there are actually a rather large number of flavors of that (earth blown up, earth scorched, earth singed, or earth no worse than it was before you picked your ending) was actually more options that I expected.

See, this is why I wasn't upset with the ending - I had realistic expectations.

Now, if only Liara (or other final squadmates) could use her (their) magical teleporation powers to get you to the Citadel sooner, you wouldn't have to walk around the final scenes like a limping burn victim, and the members of Hammer wouldn't have gotten slaughtered.

Caramel Frappe:
Debates and opinions can differ someone's belief especially if it's something based on a video game or matter that doesn't scale on their life's morals for say. But, to me even though I watched the Indoctrination video.. I still think it's utterly bad to have as the ending of Mass Effect.

Why?

Well.. why couldn't they of had it sooner or before the ending? Even if it actually is true, the theory doesn't explain the other events like the man telling the child a story or how Shepard's crew was on The Normandy crashing onto a tropical planet. Those pieces were random even for the theory itself to be included. Besides that, Casey Hudson and some other dude made the ending without anyone's feedback or opinion about it so that's why the ending feels very rushed, hollow, and literally defying what Mass Effect is all about - choice. 95% of all the endings are the same but color differs and a lot more stuff I feel about the ending. This video summarizes my feelings up perfectly including input on the theory everyone's coming up with as true.

I only choose to follow the Indoctrination Theory because I don't like the ending BioWare gave me. I could just go with it and accept the plot holes but I choose not to. The ending to Mass Effect 3 was not good, so I might as well make one up myself and accept that, then I saw the Indoctrination Theory and thought that it was a decent assumption, so I went with it. Now, I like the ending although it wasn't the one I was given or told that it was the real one or not.

endtherapture:
Felt way more Paragon than the "control the Reapers" ending which makes far less sense, Sovereign says Shepard can't even begin to comprehend the Reapers, so controlling them is just stupid.

Um, except that the Reapers can build Mass Relays. Which means you can bypass that whole "no more relays" bit with the Paragon option.

Oh, and with Synthesis, everyone can just use FTL to get around. Sure it takes years and years to get anywhere, but who cares, everyone's immortal.

Destroy is Renegade because it takes out the Reapers, the Geth, EDI, and prevents easy reconstruction of the relays while also failing to remove their need (which synthesis may). It's victory at any cost, including one race, one friend, and the future of the galactic economy.

endtherapture:
[quote="Bara_no_Hime" post="9.355578.14131785"]

Suppose that's true, it's a stupid Paragon option though. Rewriting someone's personality and beliefs is a lot more evil than just killing them.

I went Destroy. It's the best option, Shepard can live, the Reapers are truly destroyed, Earth is pretty much unharmed too.

...Not really. IF you take the Reaper King at face value (a poor idea, but let's work with it), "Destroy" will also kill the Geth and EDI, "Control" will result in EVERYONE living as Shepard can force the Reapers to stop their attack and use them to assist the races in rebuilding, and "Synthesis" doesn't actually rewrite anyone's personality or beliefs.

Good for you, if they come out with a different set of endings for their other fans you wont have to download it. Don't really understand why someone who likes it would go out of their way to oppose the people who don't, we may disagree with you but we're not going to force you to accept new ones.

Zen Toombs:

endtherapture:
[quote="Bara_no_Hime" post="9.355578.14131785"]

...Not really. IF you take the Reaper King at face value (a poor idea, but let's work with it), "Destroy" will also kill the Geth and EDI, "Control" will result in EVERYONE living as Shepard can force the Reapers to stop their attack and use them to assist the races in rebuilding, and "Synthesis" doesn't actually rewrite anyone's personality or beliefs.

The two endings (aside from Destroy) are so poorly decribed.

endtherapture:

The two endings (aside from Destroy) are so poorly decribed.

Consensus achieved. [/Legion]

I played and completed Mass Effect 3. I was pretty disappointed with the ending. But then I got on with my life.

Aerosteam 1908:

Major_Tom:
You went for paragon? Congratulations, you're now a husk!

I'm not even going to bother replying to you because of how stupid your post is... shit.

Ha!

But wait, didn't you say you liked the Indoctrination theory? Why is my post stupid then?

So you didn't mind that there was very little closure and that the entire reason for the Reaper's existence didn't make sense?

Or how about how Joker just randomly decides to flee the battle. Very uncharacteristic of him especially after what he did in the second game.

Also, how is it possible that Garrus, who I took with me on the final mission, somehow managed to come out of the crash landed Normandy?

It's not that it doesn't provide closure, is sad, or that your choices form the other games have little affect on it (I was perfectly fine with all that). It's that the ending actually doesn't make any logical sense.

And no the indoctrination theory doesn't work either because if your reputation score is too low at the end, you will only be given the option to kill the Reapers which means that they can't be setting up a trick if there can be a chance of only having the option to destroy them.

Zhukov:
How?

Just... how?

You liked the glowing space child? You liked the killing-organics-to-prevent-them-being-killed explanation? You liked the vague and unjustified explanations of your final choices? You liked the near-identical endings regardless of choice? You liked the complete lack of closure regarding the characters and races?

How does one come to like these things?

The problems people are having aren't that the ending isn't "And then Shepard retired on Rannoch with Tali and drank beer with Garrus." Sure, there are people doing that, but there are people out there freaking out over Toy Story 3 because some of the characters didn't die in a fire.

The problem that 90% of the fanbase is having is that the ending has plot holes everywhere. Random space magic is possibly excusable, but having your main characters randomly teleport around the galaxy between cutscenes requires some form of explanation.

The other, major problem is the railroading. The ending is essentially you choosing the colour of the end screen, and you have no idea what happens to your squadmates, or allies, or the fleets you recruited to save Earth.

If you like the ending, I'm not going to flame you. But please tell us, what did you like about it?

Adam Jensen:

trooper6:

And I should believe you because you say so? If that was the case you wouldn't say "payed to analyze things" you'd give an accurate job description. But now it's too late. You can now simply Google job descriptions that require analytical work. And you would probably do that if I haven't just said this. Now see, that's analysis. No stone left unturned.

There are hundreds of videos on YouTube about plot holes in Mass Effect 3. The biggest 2 being Reaper motivations and building the Crucible. Angry Joe made a video where he specifically explained 10 plot holes. But there are more, which you would know if you were able to analyze things, or if you were even remotely interested in such things.

Ah, I see...you don't actually have your own specific plot holes--you are just coasting off of Angry Joe's poorly put together video.

Angry Joe's top 10 are not actually 10 plot holes.

1&2 are basically the same one...with added kinds of hyperbole. The Normandy escape, which I already said didn't bother me. He also makes assumptions about seeing Joker flying away from an explosion means he is taking the cowards way out and they wouldn't leave Shepard. I disagree. If the Citadel explodes in a big explosion, you are going to fly away from the explosion. You'd plan on coming back...but you'd fly away.
3 is not a plothole, it is just a "There is going to be really bad fallout to the explosions of the mass effects relays--so that's dumb!"
4 is also not a plothole, it is a question of "I want to know what happens next"
5 is also not a plothole, just his desire fore a huge war cut scene...which wasn't the ultimate point of the war assets mechanic.
6 is also not a plothole, it is just a question of "I want to know what happens next."
7 is also not a plothole, it is just "I want a happy ending--and I want it all spelled out for me" I found my ending was a happy ending.
8 is also not a plothole, just "I hate the god child and I don't like his reasoning." Opinion, not plothole.
9 is also not a plothole, just a "I'm mad that I didn't have an Option where I could reject the whole thing." Whereas I found the synthesis ending to be exactly what my Shephard would have done.
10 is also not a plothole. Player choice does matter...it just matters throughout the whole game not just in the end.

Angry Joe has just lots and lots and lots of assumptions and opinions about what happens much of with is not supported--just him making stuff up. Which he has every right to do. But the video is not a video of plot holes. It is an video of things he doesn't like--mostly based on him just being a whiny person making up phantoms.

And as for not giving my specific job, I try to limit the personal information I give out in public forums.

JackandTom:
This thread is not original or creative but I want people to know.

I liked the ending to Mass Effect 3.

Sure, the decisions in the 3 games meant more or less nothing where the ending is concerned but I liked the ending ITSELF. I chose the "paragon" ending and I think it really suited my Shepard well. It was a nice ending in my opinion.

Also, I think the hatred for Mass Effect 3 has gone too far, many are just jumping on the hatin' band wagon. When I was playing the last 20 minutes or so, I could see why some might be angry but not too the extent it has reached.

So, to add a bit of discussion value to this, who else liked the ending? All I've seen (on the Escapist anyway) is pure hatred but there must be someone else who liked it, right? RIGHT?

EDIT: Another thing, my brother got the perfect renegade ending and even though they are quite similar, I think that one is a good ending as well. If mass effect only had one ending I think the renegade one would do nicely, what with the hinting of Shepard still being alive at the end. I think there are slight continuity errors (why is my team on the Normandy?) but I think the perfect renegade ending where everyone including Shepard lives (except all synthetics of course) is a satisfying ending to the series. I would've, however, liked maybe a cut scene to explain the impact of my decisions and maybe individual cut scenes for crew members, but all in all I liked it.

First: I respect your decision, but I disagree
Second: A general trend I have noticed with those that support the ending, and those who don't, is that those who support the ending tend to like the broad idea of the ending, and feel like it fits their Shepard, whilst not caring so much about the details. Those who don't support the ending tend to look into the details, see that almost nothing fits, find that nothing suits their Shepard, and then go 'Well WTF am I meant to do?'.
Third: My experience with the endings.
I was pumped. I'd gathered every resource I could, I had every fleet in my hands. 7K+ EMS, and I was riding into battle to Save Anderson, Earth and stop the Reapers. The battle on Earth felt rushed, but the desperation of everything kinda fit in with that. I made it to the conduit, and it felt like a battle to get to TIM. I was liking it, not knowing what people's problems were. The boss fight with TIM was a let down. Nothing more than a 90% linear conversation, that the only way you could get that 10% non linearity was if you had completed previous objectives throughout the game (I.E: Used the Paragon/Renegade option every time you talked to him, not just in the final battle). I had my talk with Anderson, then I feinted as Hackett told me the Conduit was doing nothing. That was my climax. Everything went rapidly down hill from there. I was given three choices - not one of which suited my Shepard, reflected my actions and choices, or didn't involve space magic and destroying the relays and therefore galactic civilization too. Not one. I sat there for about 10 minutes thinking 'What do I do? Maybe there's an option to just wait and let the fleets fight the Reapers?'. No. Instead, I was shoehorned into the same endings as everyone else, that my Shepard had to just accept - no argument - and make a choice he really would never have made. Then I saw the endings on Youtube. Blatant copy paste if I had ever seen one. Literally 5 seconds of the whole ending sequence might have been different, excluding the different colours. Forgive me, but I'm used to Bioware at least making it look like my choices were important. Seeing the Council at the end of ME1, Seeing my upgraded Normandy kick Collector ass in ME2 - ME3 just fell flat on its face in this department. I can no longer play ME games. I played them as I felt like I was building towards something, fighting for something. I played as I thought my choices would make a difference. I went through the poor gameplay in 1 and 2 more times than I can count to get my choices ready, to do the best I could to save Earth. In the end, nothing mattered. That was crushing. Add to that plot holes, character inconsistencies, space magic, and numerous other grievances - its not hard to understand why many hate the endings.
Finally: I am happy for you if you liked the ending, but I have felt the full brunt of how bad they are for some people. I do not think Retake ME3, the FTC complaint, or anything is going to far. Retake ME3 was for a good cause, until that cause shut down the fundraiser as it didn't want to be associated with the movement. The FTC complaint is somewhat legitimate, and a serious issue. We were promised some specific things pre release - 1 example being no ending A, B or C - and they were not delivered. Should devs be allowed to so blatantly falsely advertise? Or is restricting them to 'We are planning on' statements too restricting on their freedom?

Wakikifudge:
So you didn't mind that there was very little closure and that the entire reason for the Reaper's existence didn't make sense?

I had no problem with that part. The Reapers ARE the civilizations - they are Borg-like collectives controlled by the Catalyst. That was the AI-Logic solution - make all organics into synthetics when they get advanced enough.

Basically, all those colonists in ME2 weren't being killed - they were being "downloaded" into the Human Reaper. Somewhere out there was a Prothean Reaper and a Capital-size reaper for each Cycle (with the Destroyer class reapers being the other races). They were preserving the DNA of each race - as if the DNA was the most important part.

It was Machine Logic. Technically they were "saving" each race. But not in any way that the race would want to be saved.

Anyway, this was all previously implied. Harbinger said it all through ME2: "We are your salvation." "You are only hurting yourself." "You will become as We are."

THAT part was well foreshadowed and I thought paid off very well.

However...

Wakikifudge:
Or how about how Joker just randomly decides to flee the battle. Very uncharacteristic of him especially after what he did in the second game.

Also, how is it possible that Garrus, who I took with me on the final mission, somehow managed to come out of the crash landed Normandy?

For me, it was Liara. Yeah. Particularly since the guy on the radio said that everyone in that charge (apart from Shepard and Anderson, I guess) died. So I was like "oh fuck, I just got Liara killed" - and then there she was, on the ship.

I think that was just bad programming. I think they assumed that you wouldn't bring your beloved into a war-zone... which was stupid, considering that Liara is one of the best anti-husk characters available (Stasis Bubble FTW).

The only thing I could think of was that, after the push failed Liara et al retreated, got picked up by the Normandy, and that they were attempting to board the Citadel from the Normandy when things went crazy. That MIGHT have just been FLT drive, not a Mass Effect jump. Maybe.

That's all I've got on that one. Sorry - that was the only part that really bothered me. It still didn't make me angry - just confused.

Wakikifudge:
It's not that it doesn't provide closure, is sad, or that your choices form the other games have little affect on it (I was perfectly fine with all that). It's that the ending actually doesn't make any logical sense.

The squadmember teleportaion Joker joyriding bit, yeah. The Reaper plan makes perfect sense in screwed-up AI logic. The Lord Reaper obviously doesn't understand what being a "person" means - unlike EDI. It thinks that preserving the DNA is the same as preserving a civilization - which is why it's the bad guy.

trooper6:

But since you are vague, why don't you list these 10 major plot holes that happen in the last 10 minutes. Specificity is a great thing!

What about the one where the child says "Humans and synthetics" can't co-exist?

So because they "can't co-exist", they made a bunch of synthetics that were programmed not to kill all synthetics to protect organics, but instead to wipe out organic lifeforms to protect organics from being destroyed by synthetics. The video above posted by Caramel Frappe also points out the reaper code that could have been used to shut them down.

That was a big fat 'cop out' bullshit dose of hack writing that is all in your face. How do you miss something like that?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked