Operation: Fortress (new Mass Effect 3 multiplayer event)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Looks like we're being rewarded for how well we did in Operation: Goliath. Looks like it's time to promote your characters if you haven't, because now's the time to power level.

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

Sounds like I know what I'm doing the next couple days.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/23/operation-fortress/

At least they remembered the PS3 users this time around, might use this as an excuse to have a look at the multiplayer.

Sweet.
I like how they're changing the game based on the previous week's event. Should make things a bit easier if I go up against Reapers.

Catfood220:
At least they remembered the PS3 users this time around, might use this as an excuse to have a look at the multiplayer.

Now would be a great time to try it out. The multiplayer is great fun, and starting at 8pm PST, you'll be leveling up faster than you could imagine.

hazabaza1:
Sweet.
I like how they're changing the game based on the previous week's event. Should make things a bit easier if I go up against Reapers.

I'm just glad they seem to be really gung ho about supporting the Multiplayer. Really shows that they aren't treating it like the "rushed, tacked on feature" everyone thought it was going to be like the Bioshock 2 multiplayer. I mean, they've been doing weapon and class balances almost constantly since the game came out.

Well I think all but two of my classes are maxed out at this point, and I have no intention of promoting anyone. But I guess this is a good time to finish up the soldier quickly (God...that class is so boring to use).

Catfood220:

As Jitters said, the multiplayer is surprisingly fun. All you need in order to be good at it is to know how to survive in single player. If you can do that then you shouldn't have a problem.

DustyDrB:
Well I think all but two of my classes are maxed out at this point, and I have no intention of promoting anyone. But I guess this is a good time to finish up the soldier quickly (God...that class is so boring to use).

I actually really like promoting characters and trying new builds. Gives you something to look forward to after a match besides credits.

DustyDrB:

That's been my conclusion. After my realization that having a Turian soldier using Marksmenship with a lvl 4 Revenant does NOT turn him into a death-machine, but rather an assist-machine, I wrote off the soldier class completely.

On another note, I read the info on this weekends operation and I gotta say, while it doesn't sound as rewarding as last weeks with the Victory and Commendation packs (I say that despite getting absolutely SCREWED on both packs >.>), I do think it's pretty neat that since the community killed 3 million brutes, they're going to spawn less brutes this weekend. Also I gotta say they did a pretty good job at making me look forward to whatever they have in store for us next weekend.

I've already promoted everybody at least once and most twice. I'm done with promoting. I've got my specs exactly where I want them now. Nice gesture though. I really wish they would raise the level cap to like 25 or something to make it take longer to reach.

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

I actually really like promoting characters and trying new builds. Gives you something to look forward to after a match besides credits.

I've found a ton of respec cards, so I can try new builds and keep my level 20 characters.

Gather your squad and take advantage! You'll want to be leveled up for next weekend's event...

I'm a bit frightened, why do I have the feeling next week is going to be Gold Banshee week or something?

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

I've found a ton of respec cards, so I can try new builds and keep my level 20 characters.

Out of the shitzillion packs I have opened I have only gotten one respec card >.>

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

Out of the shitzillion packs I have opened I have only gotten one respec card >.>

Do you save up for Spectre packs? That's where you'll find them.

Hey, anyone want to play like right now?

PC ver.

Well it's nice they're actually releasing stuff like this for the multiplayer... Though what happens if we fail one of the community challenges? Banshees get a 10% health and barrier buff for a week? That would be so awesome.

Now if only I could actually get some sniper gear for my Quarian Infiltrator... Lvl 1 Mantis does not cut it on Silver. Just watch, i'll start my Asari Vanguard and instantly get five sniper upgrades.

The Wykydtron:
Well it's nice they're actually releasing stuff like this for the multiplayer... Though what happens if we fail one of the community challenges? Banshees get a 10% health and barrier buff for a week? That would be so awesome.

Now if only I could actually get some sniper gear for my Quarian Infiltrator... Lvl 1 Mantis does not cut it on Silver. Just watch, i'll start my Asari Vanguard and instantly get five sniper upgrades.

Lol, sounds like bad luck. You mighy want to buy some lower level packs for starter weapon upgrades... What N7 rank are you? Not that it matters at all, but I've completely neglected my Widow because I have the Mantis X

Excellent, to the XBOX!

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

Yeah I've bought well over 20 or so by now.

Is this event worldwide, or just US only?

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

Yeah I've bought well over 20 or so by now.

Sorry for that. I was having horrible luck for a while myself. I like the shotguns, but seemed to only be finding sniper rifles (which I never use...ever).

I have found a few over the last week. I've gotten the Disciple to level 6, and it's a damn fine gun. It's lightweight, causes knockback, and does good damage at a decent rate. Some of the otehrs I'm not as crazy about. The Claymore does redonculous amounts of damage, but is way too heavy. And I'm not crazy about the Graal or Geth Plasma Shotgun, as I'm pretty crappy at leading targets. I'd trade all my respec cards and all my sniper rifles for a Wraith. If only they could implement trading.

Well, at least Bioware seems to be taking good care of the MP community. At least, so far they have.

Jitters Caffeine:
Looks like we're being rewarded for how well we did in Operation: Goliath. Looks like it's time to promote your characters if you haven't, because now's the time to power level.

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

Reading a book and furthering your mind instead of this co op shooter shit?

Zeel:

Jitters Caffeine:

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

damn man don't you ever stop.

i'm still waiting on the other 2 refunds so i'll miss this one as well

Jitters Caffeine:

The Wykydtron:

Lol, sounds like bad luck. You mighy want to buy some lower level packs for starter weapon upgrades... What N7 rank are you? Not that it matters at all, but I've completely neglected my Widow because I have the Mantis X

even if the stats say otherwise, the widow I is better than the mantis X.

Yay! PS3 players included. 'Bout time!

RJ 17:

DustyDrB:

That's been my conclusion. After my realization that having a Turian soldier using Marksmenship with a lvl 4 Revenant does NOT turn him into a death-machine, but rather an assist-machine, I wrote off the soldier class completely.

Have you wondered why assists are a problem though? I mean we all get the same XP at the end of a round.

And I ask this as a man who also gets pissed off when I get assist after assist.

Catfood220:

Again with the "Bioware hates PS3"?

It's Sony's fault. They fail their own users, bioware did everything they could to allow this event and previous one.

Zeel:

Jitters Caffeine:

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

Good job, now I'm starting to hate your guts too...

Abedeus:

Catfood220:

Again with the "Bioware hates PS3"?

It's Sony's fault. They fail their own users, bioware did everything they could to allow this event and previous one.

To be fair I never said that Bioware hate anyone, I just noticed that the PS3 wasn't involved in the last event. Wasn't aware that it was Sony being shit.

anthony87:

RJ 17:

DustyDrB:

Have you wondered why assists are a problem though? I mean we all get the same XP at the end of a round.

And I ask this as a man who also gets pissed off when I get assist after assist.

It's not so much that I mind getting assists, I've got a Quarian Engineer who's essentially specced to get a bunch of assists (only has a Carnifex for super-short cooldown on Cryo Blast). It's just with the Soldier I get the feeling that my teammates could have just as easily killed the target if I hadn't even bothered pulling the trigger.

I wanna feel like I'm actually helping, not just taking up space. When you check the scoreboard and see that you're 10K behind the next lowest person because all you're getting are +91 assist points (at least when you get an assist with a shotgun or sniper rifle you get a couple hundred) you start to get the feeling that your teammates are resenting you for not pulling your own weight.

Fappy:

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

:P That's one more than I've managed to find. I wanted to respecc my Quarian Engineer because as she was she didn't have maxed out fire and ice...and I want maxed out fire and ice. So I went ahead and promoted my Engineering Corps just so I could respecc her.

So... Does anyone want to play the multiplayer right now. D: On the PC Version.

My Origin is Korten12. :)

Zeel:

Jitters Caffeine:

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

Ok, that's all the proof that I need to prove to myself that you really are just a troll. Nothing contributed to the discussion, no constructive criticism, directly insulting something that the OP is expressing fondness in...yeah, it all fits.

RJ 17:

DustyDrB:

On another note, I read the info on this weekends operation and I gotta say, while it doesn't sound as rewarding as last weeks with the Victory and Commendation packs (I say that despite getting absolutely SCREWED on both packs >.>), I do think it's pretty neat that since the community killed 3 million brutes, they're going to spawn less brutes this weekend. Also I gotta say they did a pretty good job at making me look forward to whatever they have in store for us next weekend.

See that's what I love about the game, is that there isn't any class that 'useless' in the right hands, the Soldier makes an awesome suppression and support class, which means he made a perfect fit for me, (Then I unlocked the Widow in the Victory Pack and now I can't get enough Infiltrator)

Either way I am -exceedingly- glad that I was wrong in my apprehension about the multiplayer. I wasn't one of the people who were raging at the announcement, but I was very wary of it.

Zeel:

Jitters Caffeine:

25% more EXP on...
Every Map
Against every Enemy
and on Any Difficulty

We understand that you don't like Mass Effect 3. The things you say are deliberately said in such a way that anyone that liked the game is pissed off and then when they proceed to reply back you call them a fanboy. We get that you don't like the game and you are entitled to your opinion but can you please just leave people who liked the game and wish to discuss it alone. Why don't you go find a topic or make a topic about a game that you like and leave the rest of us alone. Please and thank you

DustyDrB:
Sorry for that. I was having horrible luck for a while myself. I like the shotguns, but seemed to only be finding sniper rifles (which I never use...ever).

I only use Sniper Rifles, but I find (almost) nothing but shotguns (which I almost never use)!

By the Goddess, I wish there was a trading system!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked