Best Zombie Games

I don't have an extensive plethora of experience when it comes to Zombie gaming, or, when I think about it, gaming in general, despite being 16 I'm strangely not glued to the 360, but I think we can all agree that there are some undead-slaying interactive mediums that just deserve special mention. Personally, I reckon the Zombie mode in CoD: World at War and Black Ops has been pretty reliably awesome, Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube was badass (tho imo every other title was complete bollocks) and Dead Island was reasonably enjoyable for the first few hours, in what can effectively be considered the implied foreplay to suck you in before she tears off her dress and reveals the overused, worn out pussy beneath
So, discussion anyone?

My favorite zombie game is Left 4 Dead(Just the first one, not the second one). I had a lot of fun with that when it first came out. That will probably remain true until they come out with a solid open world zombie game, where its more about survival and gunning down zombies is not the ideal solution and will actually hurt you. Humans being more dangerous than zombies at times. That will be probably forever before anyone does it well or at all.

Left 4 Dead 2 for sure, excellent game.

Dead Island was a supreme letdown that I hope a sequel can rectify.

I still say Dead Island is one of the best zombie games out there.

Left 4 Dead 2 is great although Valve have completely abandoned it.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is a good cheap little game and it's the perfect length for people like me who find the regular Dead Rising games repetitive and dull.

There's also RDR: Undead Nightmare which can be bought by itself for pretty cheap these days.

Left 4 dead 2 is still the best. Dead rising 2 is fun for blowing off steam.

Dead Rising 2: OTF is really enjoyable, especially since they added a bloody free-roam option for just messing about with.

Left 4 dead 1 or 2

The Dead Rising series for me. I just love everything about it (although admittedly it didn't start off that way)

Dutchy115:
I don't have an extensive plethora of experience when it comes to Zombie gaming.
So, discussion anyone?

dead rising is quite good and fun and if you can get past the fact that the 'zombies' in left for dead aren't real zombies( they are infected not reanimated dead) you might enjoy this series too.

but i haven't really found a really good zombie game.

dead island was a huge dissapointment.
its too acrady and the story loses its flavor like cheap bubblegum.
plus it constantly glitches out, destroying your safe game.
and after a certain mod it becomes too easy (dev shocker mod that lets the zombies head explode instantly)

but if you like arcade gameplay and can look past some 'zombies' not being zombies you could try out Dead Nation.
its a bit better than zombie shooter.

and of course plants versus zombies. its a really good tower defense game that can be very addicting.

if you like flash games you could try out the last stand series.

http://armorgames.com/play/269/the-last-stand
http://armorgames.com/play/1443/the-last-stand-2

or dead frontier
it is now a free to play mmo:
http://www.deadfrontier.com/

you could also try to have fun with the resident evil series.
part 5 was o.k.
the first one is still good to go but you may not like the camera.

Zombie Driver is also kind of good.

i can tell you what you really should avoid.

fort zombie.
avoid this game. it has a good gameplay. (find survivors and supplies and barricade yourself in a building)
but the controls and the camera is utterly broken.
and it glitches a lot.

the x of the dead series:
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green.
Day of the Zombie.
the controls are ok but the gameplay is just dumb and boring.

Me and my mate have been scouring the local game shops every saturday for the last few months and we haven't been able to find the original Left 4 Dead on 360, that was a brilliant game, the second was still good, I just think the characters lacked the charisma and instant accessibility that the original four pulled off so well

And i'm pretty sure there is a game coming out this year taking another stab at the whole open-world zombie theme, I like your idea but I think this one's just going to take the Dead Island road, but hopefully do it right this time around

Clive Howlitzer:
My favorite zombie game is Left 4 Dead(Just the first one, not the second one). I had a lot of fun with that when it first came out. That will probably remain true until they come out with a solid open world zombie game, where its more about survival and gunning down zombies is not the ideal solution and will actually hurt you. Humans being more dangerous than zombies at times. That will be probably forever before anyone does it well or at all.

Sorry, see the comment above

Ehh, give me a zombie game that's an actual horror game, not action game #75984786458743897

Anthraxus:
Ehh, give me a zombie game that's an actual horror game, not action game #75984786458743897

Don't be ridiculous, No More Heroes was an excellent game.

Depends on the kind of zombie game you want.
MMO zombie: Dead Frontier
FPS Zombie: Left4Dead
3rd Person : Dead Rising
Action non-comical 3rd person: RE:ORC It's fun. Short, but fun.
Just zombies while I'm doing something else: Minecraft.

Enjoy.

Dead Rising 2.

Nothing but anti-zombie violence from start to finish with very little convoluted story, a good difficulty curve, and the psychopath optional bosses are just inspired.
Gore, fun weapons, crowds of blood-filled squishy antagonists with no consequence for mass-slaughter, outstanding.

Left 4 Dead 2.

At least until Dead State comes out.

TIMESWORDSMAN:

Anthraxus:

Is it an actual horror game ?

After a quick search, I would say negative.

Anthraxus:

TIMESWORDSMAN:

Anthraxus:

Is it an actual horror game ?

After a quick search, I would say negative.

No, its not a horror game, its Action Game #75984786458743897.
I'm beginning to wonder if you just picked that number randomly.

Left for dead 1 and 2 are a ton of fun to pick up and play with or without friends online and offline.

Left 4 Dead 2 for co-op goodness.

Dead Rising 2 for single player hilarity

I love Nazi Zombies and Left 4 Dead (2)

I loved Dead Island a lot more than I thought I would. Was pretty awesome to make cool weapons and proceed to beat the crap out of hordes of zombies.
Started to feel a bit too grindy around halfway through, but I didn't really mind.

The Resident Evil remake on Gamecube. Nothing comes close.

I hate zombie wave shooters like Left 4 Dead or Zombie Mode or Dead Nation or Dead Rising. If it offers co-op and advertises shooting hordes, I'm not interested. I admit, however, I enjoyed the first Nazi Zombie's atmosphere at the end of World at War. I'm not looking for stress relief, wish fulfillment, or social experiences when I'm playing a zombie game.

Survival games such as Dead State don't appeal to me.

Left 4 Dead 2 is masses of fun, especially with local co-op. Single player doesn't do it for me at all though.

Also, probably not what you're looking for but given my avatar I'm honour-bound to inform you that Plants vs Zombies is all kinds of awesome. Seriously, it's addictive.

Left 4 Dead 2 (PC, preferably)

What platforms are you gaming on, OP?

there is dead state comming soonish which should be the definitive survival zombie game.

i loved dead island which really suprised me. to be honeswt if they had dropped the story mode and expanded the ability to collect suppies and rescue survivors, build your own stronghold, have drama in the stronghold, etc it would of been one of my favourite games ever

I'm really looking forward to State of Decay. Don't know too much about it yet, but from what I've seen, it's right up my alley.

Rogue Survivor

It's a zombie/survival roguelike and it is very very good.

Dead Nation, for merely killing them.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked