Keep the portal gun in mint condition?
Yes!
37.7% (69)
37.7% (69)
No!
60.7% (111)
60.7% (111)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: So I just preordered.. A freaking Portal Gun.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Frim a brick and mortar store, to boot, because online sold out faster than you could say "supermassive black hole"

Anyway two options. Do i keep it in mint condition? Or open that bad boy up as soon as I get it?

How much did it cost you?

Zhukov:
How much did it cost you?

Because it's Australia, just shy of 200

Be careful with that thing man. Don't get any ideas like sending deadly lasers at my house via portals.

DustyDrB:
Be careful with that thing man. Don't get any ideas like sending deadly lasers at my house via portals.

What about combustible lemons? Are those ok?

ResonanceSD:

DustyDrB:

Primed to go off or not? Either way is fine, I just need to know if I should be ready to throw them at my neighbor's cat right away or if I can wait until later for that.

DustyDrB:

ResonanceSD:

DustyDrB:

Primed to go off or not? Either way is fine, I just need to know if I should be ready to throw them at my neighbor's cat right away or if I can wait until later for that.

I'm not entirely sure. The manufacturer was insane.

If I were you, I'd do a bit of both. Play with it a bit and when you're finally out of energy, dust it off and put it on the shelf for glorious viewing.

Nouw:
If I were you, I'd do a bit of both. Play with it a bit and when you're finally out of energy, dust it off and put it on the shelf for glorious viewing.

Good idea. I dont want to become some sort of power nerd (already am) who insists that everything is kept in mint condition.

ResonanceSD:

Nouw:

Good idea. I dont want to become some sort of power nerd (already am) who insists that everything is kept in mint condition.

Taking care of your stuff is alright and frankly I'd want to keep my Portal Gun in good condition but come on! Who could resist playing with a real-life one xD.

Nouw:

ResonanceSD:

Nouw:

Taking care of your stuff is alright and frankly I'd want to keep my Portal Gun in good condition but come on! Who could resist playing with a real-life one xD.

limited run of 5000? Many will never see daylight. Their owners are to gamers, as gamers are to regular people.

"Mint Condition" as in never open up the box? Where's the fun in that?

Get a trophy case, put it on display! Be the envy of your friends!

skywolfblue:

I thnk perhaps a small stand rather than a whole case :p

skywolfblue:

and have non gamers go. "is that from star wars or something?"

nikki191:

skywolfblue:

To which you respond

"If you don't know, then I'm not explaining, because frankly you wouldn't care."

And go on with your awesome life.

Don Savik:

nikki191:

skywolfblue:

To which you respond

"If you don't know, then I'm not explaining, because frankly you wouldn't care."

My friends who hate pcs have heard of portal. It's mainstream, trust me.

Wait? Such a thing exists?

TAKE MY MONEY

OT: that shit would be going right on my mantle with a nice displaycase, screw mint condition

Mount it above your TV on the wall, and take it down only in times of crisis and/or boredom.

Acceptable emergencies:

* Hostile AI takeover
* Animal King revolution
* Turret Quartet out of key
* Companion Cube threatens to stab you/speaks
* Moon looks irresistibly appealing

Seriously though, I am insanely jealous so you have to play with it a lot and enjoy it for the both of us.

Why would you buy something then never take it out of its box...

If you want to keep it in a case, at least put it in a 'Incase Lemons Break Glass' case.

innocentEX:

If you want to keep it in a case, at least put it in a 'Incase Lemons Break Glass' case.

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF CAKE! Nice idea

ResonanceSD:

innocentEX:

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF CAKE! Nice idea

I guess that works too...

Seeing how it's just a novelty product (unless you reall got hold of a real life working portal gun!) I say keep it in mint condition. Ok sure you probably never intend to sell it but think how much that will be worth in several years time!

Don Savik:

nikki191:

skywolfblue:

To which you respond

honestly... I would hit them over the hed with it... and if it were able to shoot actuall portals Infinite loop them.

I'm definitely in favour of mounting it in a 'break glass' container:

Aperture Science Hand Held Portal Device
Army of Mantis Men on the loose? Break glass.
You'll know when the test starts.

Okay, first: paint portals around all your doors.

But don't just leave it in the box like some kind of... silly person.
For all you know, you might get a working one.

It actually takes some time to properly say "supermassive black hole".

I'm with the people that say put it in a "break glass in case of..." container. Much more original, amusing, and awesome than just leaving it in the box. And if you're going to spend that much money on it, you might as well do something awesome with it.

Don't open. Put the crappy thing up on ebay. Profit.

OhJohnNo:
It actually takes some time to properly say "supermassive black hole".

Especially when I break into a guitar solo right after it.

ohnoitsabear:
I'm with the people that say put it in a "break glass in case of..." container. Much more original, amusing, and awesome than just leaving it in the box. And if you're going to spend that much money on it, you might as well do something awesome with it.

Lol it's nothing :p my pc was more than 3k.

But neca tweeted me that it will lie horuzontally withour a stand, so getting it into a box should work easily.

GoaThief:
Don't open. Put the crappy thing up on ebay. Profit.

Lol 'crappy thing'? Just because you don't like it, doesnt mean everyone else has to.

ResonanceSD:
faster than you could say "supermassive black hole"

I had just gotten Muse out of my head today too...

OT: Cool, I guess. Not a big Portal fan, though I own five Doctor Who Sonic Screwdrivers replicas, so I understand the appeal of owning props.

Scarim Coral:
Seeing how it's just a novelty product (unless you reall got hold of a real life working portal gun!) I say keep it in mint condition. Ok sure you probably never intend to sell it but think how much that will be worth in several years time!

I think I have to agree..

My first impression was the opposite, more along the lines of "why would you buy something just to leave it in a box?", but then I realized that even out of the box, there's nothing to actually be done with a non-functional portal gun, so may as well leave it in the box...

But, my perspective is that of someone who doesn't get the appeal of buying it in the first place, so whatever, do what you want with it.

Just_A_Glitch:

ResonanceSD:
faster than you could say "supermassive black hole"

I had just gotten Muse out of my head today too...

OT: Cool, I guess. Not a big Portal fan, though I own five Doctor Who Sonic Screwdrivers replicas, so I understand the appeal of owning props.

You know the place that makes them is now a banana grove? I like bananas, bananas are good :)

YOU FOOL! you always buy two portal guns! you buy one to keep in mint condition and one to be epic with!

You open that bitch up and display it. Bitches love being displayed.

Captcha: know your rights

ResonanceSD:
Preordered a portal gun

WHERE.

WANT.

To compensate for the overwhelming monosyllabicality of the previous sentence, this one humbly requests how it would be possible to procure such a device. This one has also dispatched a team of highly trained ninjas to relieve you of the burdens of such a device.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked