The acquisition of a Krogan in ME3 multiplayer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

KROGANs I want one I have bought about ten spectre packs but haven't been able to get one, please guys I need some advice do I keep on buying spectre packs or am I doing something wrong? I would like some variety from my quarian classes who I love, we but need some variety. I have unlocked a load of stuff for my Quarian infiltrator like lights and pattern (wow i know) which are supposed to be rare but no krogan.
Sooo yeah the endings suck all 3 of them, love the rest of the game though.
anyway Krogan acquisition difficulties please help
thankyou

I like how everyone on the planet has a Quarian but I have every race but them.

Krogans are on the rare side, keep trying and you'll get them.

Terminate421:

rare side of what? sorry if I'm being irritating I am really confused buy the multiplayer unlock system

Just keep buying Spectre packs. Its totally random RNG system. I have opened over 30 and have yet to get an Asari Adept :(

verdant monkai:

Terminate421:

rare side of what? sorry if I'm being irritating I am really confused buy the multiplayer unlock system

Rare side: I meant Rare pickup, its totally random in the spectre pack, now I do the commendation pack, much better IMO.

Got almost all (haven't got the Turian solider). Spectre packs are the way to go. It's just a matter of luck.

Got my Quarian Infiltrator (the only race i really wanted) in the free starter pack. Then it gives me literally no sniper stuff to this day. Yeah level one Mantis! Silver here I come! WOOOOOOOOSHI-

Fuck you luck. Just fuck you.

Though the Asari Vanguard I got is awesome. It's like being a Banshee! But, y'know, less nightmareish...

Fappy:
Just keep buying Spectre packs. Its totally random RNG system. I have opened over 30 and have yet to get an Asari Adept :(

Yeah, can't seem to get her either. Got the Drell Adept instead. Not that I'm unhappy. Drell Adepts are powerhouses if you know what you're doing.

Now I want a Turian Sentinel.

The Forces of Chaos:
Got almost all (haven't got the Turian solider). Spectre packs are the way to go. It's just a matter of luck.

Turian soldier was the very first race I unlocked, haha...

...He kinda sucks though. :(

OT: Random number generator is random. Just keep at it, I guess.

I'd still trade every sniper rifle I have (Yes, including the Javelin and Widow) and all my respec cards (which is about 12 of them) for the Wraith. Grrr...stop giving me sniper rifles! That's not how I fight!

Keep trying man, I only have a Krogan soldier. My head is the most effective weapon I have >:D

I've been waiting to get a Drell since the demo, and finally unlocked the Drell adept.

Pull+Reave=WIN

all luck I'm afraid, I've got nearly all the characters, yet still lack the Krogan myself!

chimpzy:

Fappy:

Yeah, can't seem to get her either. Got the Drell Adept instead. Not that I'm unhappy. Drell Adepts are powerhouses if you know what you're doing.

I am just missing skin tone on Turian Sentinels now. Asari Adepts are definitely better than Drell though imo. They can combo armored enemies by themselves, totally gimp Cerberus with stasis bubble and Drell grenades are pretty gimmicky. Drell are still pretty fun to use though. I like doing cartwheels everywhere and their heavy melee is really good/fast.

I don't actually know if this is correct or not, but I'll ask the question for those who might know the actual answer:

Are you better off buying Spectre packs, or Veteran packs?

I don't know if the Krogan unlock is a particularly rare one (I've got one, but I can't remember what pack it came from) but I know that pretty much all of my alien unlocks have come from Veteran packs. When you can buy three Veteran packs for the price of one Spectre pack, aren't you better off just getting three of the cheaper ones?

AD-Stu:
I don't know if the Krogan unlock is a particularly rare one (I've got one, but I can't remember what pack it came from) but I know that pretty much all of my alien unlocks have come from Veteran packs. When you can buy three Veteran packs for the price of one Spectre pack, aren't you better off just getting three of the cheaper ones?

I got both my krogan from veteran packs, but that may just be really lucky RNG.

Still waiting on Asari Adept... I have everything else but that last one remains elusive.

Also, it seems you can still get redundant character cards even when you've maxed out all the appearance options for a character. I've gotten cards for a Sal engineer when it was already maxed out.

I have both Krogans, both Turians, both Quarians, Drell adept and Asari vanguard.

I have none of the Salarians, and I want the Asari adept something awful.

I've got everything except the Drell...something or other. Drell Adept? I think it's the Drell Adept.

I have terrible luck with guns, though.

AD-Stu:
I don't actually know if this is correct or not, but I'll ask the question for those who might know the actual answer:

Are you better off buying Spectre packs, or Veteran packs?

I unlocked quite a few of the races with the veteran packs.

Now I have all the races I want but will it give me the bloody guns I want? No, no it won't. Curse you random loot, curse you to hell.

Been messing around with a Krogan Sentinel. Really enjoy just running around melee everything in sight and going into blood frenzy.

I've been hoping to get a krogan for the longest time now... I've gotten almost everything, except for a turian and a krogan.

Also, why does everyone seem to play as a human? Is it because they really want to play as the specific class, because of powers or has Ashley Williams's space racism rubbed off on them?

ZehMadScientist:
Also, why does everyone seem to play as a human? Is it because they really want to play as the specific class, because of powers or has Ashley Williams's space racism rubbed off on them?

Probably a variety of reasons - if you're not having any luck with alien unlocks in your chosen class, for example, then you're forced to play human.

In some cases I think it'll be a powers thing. I've only just unlocked an alien engineer (salarian) but I think I prefer the power mix on the human engineer so that's probably what I'll stick with.

Aside from that yeah, I think there are probably people who just prefer to play as humans for non-gameplay reasons.

Fappy:

Well, you shouldn't be buying Spectre packs, as Asari, Salarian, and Turian are all Uncommon unlocks, for which you should probably be grabbing up the Veteran packs; while Drell, Quarian, and Krogan are all rare unlocks, which are easier to get through Spectre packs.

I've got all the Uncommon races save the Salarian infiltrator, and none of the Rare races. As such, I'm somewhat jealous of my brother, who has all the rare races save the Quarian Infiltrator.

You know what's hilarious? 4 Quarian Engineers on the same team - Banshees taking flamethrower fire from multiple turrets and all, awesome.

ZehMadScientist:

Turians can't roll (I found that out the hard way), Drell do the flippy thing and Asari... skate.

But yeah, mostly the powers. I play human Engineer for the Combat Drone and Overload personally. Also, some people haven't unlocked a specific character they want to play, or they just don't like playing a certain character. I, for one, hate playing Asari Vanguard. It feels... weird. Yet, I play my Quarian Infiltrator waaay better then my Human one.

Fappy:

chimpzy:

Fappy:

I am just missing skin tone on Turian Sentinels now. Asari Adepts are definitely better than Drell though imo. They can combo armored enemies by themselves, totally gimp Cerberus with stasis bubble and Drell grenades are pretty gimmicky. Drell are still pretty fun to use though. I like doing cartwheels everywhere and their heavy melee is really good/fast.

Skin tone changing is a letdown. I wanted to make my Salarian Engineer look like Kirrahe, but the green tone is...still very red and yellow. It's almost as unnoticeable with the Krogan, though I do notice more of a difference with the Asari.

Smiley Face:

Fappy:

Well, you shouldn't be buying Spectre packs, as Asari, Salarian, and Turian are all Uncommon unlocks, for which you should probably be grabbing up the Veteran packs; while Drell, Quarian, and Krogan are all rare unlocks, which are easier to get through Spectre packs.

I've got all the Uncommon races save the Salarian infiltrator, and none of the Rare races. As such, I'm somewhat jealous of my brother, who has all the rare races save the Quarian Infiltrator.

You know what's hilarious? 4 Quarian Engineers on the same team - Banshees taking flamethrower fire from multiple turrets and all, awesome.

Asari Vanguards are uncommon. Asari Adepts are rare.

I have yet to get an Asari anything :( Damn you Spectre packs! What do you have against me?

iLazy:
Turians can't roll.

I love my Turian Sentinel, but I haaate the fact he can't roll.

DustyDrB:

Fappy:

chimpzy:

Skin tone changing is a letdown. I wanted to make my Salarian Engineer look like Kirrahe, but the green tone is...still very red and yellow. It's almost as unnoticeable with the Krogan, though I do notice more of a difference with the Asari.

Yeah I have skin tones for Drell and it makes like no difference. I am pretty disappointed with the character customization.

All Drell look like Thane :(

I think I got my Krogan Soldier from a Premium Veteran Pack. I swear I have better luck getting rare weapons and stuff from buying those instead of the spectre packs and they cost almost half as much.

Fappy:

I actually just got one of those from a Veteran Pack and not the special one either. First non-human thing I got too.

The 33k premium veteran packs seemed to unlock 1-2 characters for me each time, i have almost everything apart from a Krogan now :(

I really like the Turian sentinel though, shame about the lack of rolling.

I always get characters I already have but well saves time on leveling at least, all the krogans seem to have far too much fun just using melee on everything :(

I haven'T bought ME3 or are even planning to but i'm curious how the multiplayer classes work. do you unlock them with ingame points or do you have to buy them with real money?

AbstractStream:
I have yet to get an Asari anything :( Damn you Spectre packs! What do you have against me?

iLazy:
Turians can't roll.

I love my Turian Sentinel, but I haaate the fact he can't roll.

I had that problem when I went from Human Engineer to Krogan Sentinel... as a light class about 90% of my time was spent rolling, so having a class that can't roll really threw me. The heavy melee more then made up for it though.

OP: Just keep buying Veteran packs for the uncommon classes and Spectre packs for the Rares - if the commendation packs are still available, grab as many of those as you can; I opened one up and scored a Quarian Infiltrator and my Krogan Sentinel, with the next one carrying a Raptor, Geth Pulse Rifle and Drell Adept. Makes finding rares piss-easy, and they're much cheaper then Spectre packs.

Fawxy:

The Forces of Chaos:

Turian soldier was the very first race I unlocked, haha...

...He kinda sucks though. :(

OT: Random number generator is random. Just keep at it, I guess.

Really? I love the Turian soldier :D The marksman ability combined with the revenant mschinegun (read: superweapon) makes you unstoppable! Than and the widow rifle. Turian shits bricks over human solider imo (apart from the lack of dodging thing)

Krogans are rare? o0 God I got lucky then...

Krogan soldier was litterally the first class I unlocked and wasn't even through a spectre pack but a veterans pack, think it was like the 3rd I bought.

Got krogan sentinel not too long after, so yeh practically started out with the krogans.

The only classes I'm missing now is Quarian engineer and Turian Soldier, it's the engineer class I've been aiming for the most but fortunately salarian engie is more then adequate in the meantime.

Also am I right in saying Spectre packs ain't really worth it? I mean might be just me but I seriously don't notice that much of an improvement in loot for spectre packs. And considering 60k credits for spectre packs is on average 2 silver games, maybe 3... You're basically unlocking 1 every 45 mins/hour compared to 3 veteran packs in the equivalent time.

lapan:
I haven'T bought ME3 or are even planning to but i'm curious how the multiplayer classes work. do you unlock them with ingame points or do you have to buy them with real money?

Both. You unlock packs via the currency you earn in game but you can also opt to use real cash paid in bioware points instead.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked