Sick of being the good guy!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I always hate being the good guy. So does anyone know any titles (preferably fantasy) where you can be truly evil? Also RTS games (like disciples) with truly evil factions, are also verry welcome.

I already played :

-Dungeons
-Overlord 1,2
-Dungeon Keeper
- Heroes of might and magic series
- Disciples

And please, do not say that you can be evil in games like Dragon age or fable. In those games you can only be a dick at most. I mean Boohoo, you won't help someone with a quest and therefore someone dies, you are being an egoistic a-hole at that moment you are not evil. If you could be truly evil in dragon then you should have options like :

give finger to everyone and join the freaking blight. Now that would be evil. Or as a mage character you could summon demons to posses your party. Now that is being a bad guy.

So if someone has any titles or any upcoming titles where you can be TRULY evil please tell me.

Sim City 4, now that is a game where you can be evil.

Also, The Sims.

Anyone who has played those games knows what I mean.

Matthew94:

Get a huge slum going next to the nuclear plant then unleash a tornado? Trap a whole bunch of people on the freeway and make an earthquake? :-P

I'd recommend the Sims, I mean, you get to be an evil deity. I'm not sure there's a game where you are exclusively evil though...:\

The Total War series lets you be a complete dick when you conquer cities (Such as enslaving or exterminating the populace). Fallout New Vegas gives you great amounts of evil choice options
The Fable series does give you many options to be evil, such as sacrificing innocent people to the Temple of Skorm for shits and giggles. Not to mention people will actually fear you.

Matthew94:
Also, The Sims.

Even better, The Sims: Medieval.

Otherwise, maybe Evil Genius. Good concept that is poorly executed.

Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
You do have to play as the good guys to unlock the bad guys and both just play as relatively the same. My armies vs. your armies.

Arcanum
Make a guy and be as evil as you want really. It is honestly open.

Destroy all Humans.

Fable 2, rock your evil with somne spicy chicken.

Hmmm...evil...evil....

Does Infamous/Prototype count? If so, I recommend:

Infamous
Prototype

Other than those and the open games you said didn't count (Fallout, Fable, Mass Effect, etc.), I really can't think of any.

How about God of War. Kratos isn't really a very nice guy...

imahobbit4062:
The Total War series lets you be a complete dick when you conquer cities (Such as enslaving or exterminating the populace). Fallout New Vegas gives you great amounts of evil choice options
The Fable series does give you many options to be evil, such as sacrificing innocent people to the Temple of Skorm for shits and giggles. Not to mention people will actually fear you.

Yeah sure you can sacrifice people in fable but other then that there is not much you can do. You are still bound to the main quest to stop the "bad guys" And that is the problem with most of the games. sure there is a moral system where you could be supposedly "evil" but you are actualy just being the dick. And you are stil doing what you are supposed to do saving the world.

That's why I liked the overlord series so much because you are truly evil there. Ok its kind of silly evil but still you are the evil overlord ( esp. in overlord 2).

How I wish there would be a game where you are demon lord, who first get's out of hell and then try to rules the lands. Where you choose to be evil or just really really really f***ing evil.

Edit: about Kratos yeah he is not nice but I mean he's still just a anti HERO.

hmmm Maybe I should rephrase the evil thing.

Imagine a Lord of the rings game where you actualy play as a servant of sauron trying to get the ring back. I am looking for that kind of evil side in games.

Two more games I thought of but it might not fit your bill (it's a very difficult bill).

1. Stubbs the Zombie: You play as a zombie who eats brains. I believe it's on the 360 "Original" downloads (or for the Xbox if you can get one of those).

2. Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: I am not 100% on this since I don't have it but don't you play as mercenaries for Umbrella going in to wipe out zombies/survivors?

EDIT! OH! How about Hitman? Agent 47 isn't a good guy, right?!?

Karnot:

imahobbit4062:

Yeah sure you can sacrifice people in fable but other then that there is not much you can do. You are still bound to the main quest to stop the "bad guys" And that is the problem with most of the games. sure there is a moral system where you could be supposedly "evil" but you are actualy just being the dick. And you are stil doing what you are supposed to do saving the world.

That's why I liked the overlord series so much because you are truly evil there. Ok its kind of silly evil but still you are the evil overlord ( esp. in overlord 2).

How I wish there would be a game where you are demon lord, who first get's out of hell and then try to rules the lands. Where you choose to be evil or just really really really f***ing evil.

Edit: about Kratos yeah he is not nice but I mean he's still just a anti HERO.

hmmm Maybe I should rephrase the evil thing.

Imagine a Lord of the rings game where you actualy play as a servant of sauron trying to get the ring back. I am looking for that kind of evil side in games.

You are aware that the main bad guy in Fable 2 is the same guy who killed your sister? You know, a personal vendetta?
Not to mention the amount of evil choices there are throughout the game.
Such as the whole Spire segment, you can chose to help the prisoners or just torture them for shits and giggles, you can choose to be rich at the end of the game by killing everyone. You tell me that isn't evil?

Ok so you can make some evil choices. But you are still pretty much stuck to the main quests. Being evil is only a part of the game. you still kind of save the day the only difference is if you choose to be a dick at the end and in some parts of the game or not.

Karnot:
Ok so you can make some evil choices. But you are still pretty much stuck to the main quests. Being evil is only a part of the game. you still kind of save the day the only difference is if you choose to be a dick at the end and in some parts of the game or not.

You don't have to save the day. Your main motivation for the main quest is killing the man who murdered your sister. You can chose to leave everyone that died during his reign dead so that you can profit from it. You may of stopped some doomsday, but you can still decide the fate of thousands of people over the course of 10 or so years.

well you have go my attention now. Problem is I do not own a xbox360 too bad because it caught my interest now XD

Karnot:
well you have go my attention now. Problem is I do not own a xbox360 too bad because it caught my interest now XD

I haven't played Fable 3, but once you become King you can do some really awful shit (Like making a shitload of kids homeless for brothels)

imahobbit4062:

Karnot:

I haven't played Fable 3, but once you become King you can do some really awful shit (Like making a shitload of kids homeless for brothels)

Either the kids don't have an expensive orphanage or we all die. I was still the good guy when I did that

Erm, rather old but you do have Dungeon Keeper there - Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain. Well, it is a bit anti-hero-ish...but erm, with items that flay your opponents, implode their bodies until flesh and bone are crushed, or just straight up turn them into a puddle of toxic goo, you could view it as a rather evil-ish game. Kain, himself becomes more and more fond of his inhumanity as the time progresses.

Moving on, Black and White...erm, or so I'm told. I couldn't finish 1 for external reasons and I couldn't finish 2 because of fuck Windows Vista reasons but as I recall you could do rather OK-ish on the evil department. Not the best execution but at least somewhat satisfying.

And then you have Morrowind and Oblivion. Well, modded, of course. Morrowind especially has some rather good (erm, "bad"?) mods, for example one that turns you into a lich that can take over mortal bodies, rip out knowledge out of people's minds (I believe it was spells, but maybe other stuff, too), steal their souls and others. Other mods allow you to straight up join the Sixth House or give other evil stuff to do. Oblivion has it's uses, too, I believe there was a mod for demonology, there was another for cannibalism, which gives you certain evil powers in exchange for hunger for flesh (I think the mod was called Cannibalism). And others mods, of course. I don't know if there is anything good for Skyrim but I'm willing to bet that there is something in the works, at least.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I really wish there were more properly evil games. :( As Dungeon Keeper puts it - it's good to be bad.

from what I have heard from friends about fable 3 it is kind of linear. even when you are evil you still save the people and that is lame. And that is the problem with game where you are "supposedly" evil. Look at ME2 you can be a renegade, and make some a-hole moves. but you still end up saving the day. I just don't understand why game developers wont make more games where you play from completly from the evil perspective.

Edit :

Ahhh yes Dungeon Keepr how I loved that game indeed. As for black and white played it years ago the evil choices where kind lame. I played for a couple of days. I only threw rocks on other towns the whole time So I got kind of bored with it.

I dont care what anyone else says, Medieval II: Total War is the best game for being an evil bastard. Crush weak kingdoms, ignoring their pleas for mercy. Slaughter everyone in a newly conquered city. Burn heretics. Assassinate the pope. Convince an ally to attack another faction and backstab them while their troops are on the other front. Execute an enemy prince after battle. And just generally roll over Europe, crushing every faction in the way, slinging down new land like a greedy dog, unleashing a wave of destruction over the known world.

I love it.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

Geneforge series

Might and Magic 7

Command and Conquer series

Play Prototype. It's impossible to be the good guy, literally. Even though they paint Mercer as the good guy. He really isn't.

kman123:
Play Prototype. It's impossible to be the good guy, literally. Even though they paint Mercer as the good guy. He really isn't.

yes yes yes yes and Double YES

thats the funniest game very and you can be evil like a boss

Karnot:
I always hate being the good guy. So does anyone know any titles (preferably fantasy) where you can be truly evil? Also RTS games (like disciples) with truly evil factions, are also verry welcome.

I already played :

-Dungeons
-Overlord 1,2
-Dungeon Keeper
- Heroes of might and magic series
- Disciples

And please, do not say that you can be evil in games like Dragon age or fable. In those games you can only be a dick at most. I mean Boohoo, you won't help someone with a quest and therefore someone dies, you are being an egoistic a-hole at that moment you are not evil. If you could be truly evil in dragon then you should have options like :

give finger to everyone and join the freaking blight. Now that would be evil. Or as a mage character you could summon demons to posses your party. Now that is being a bad guy.

So if someone has any titles or any upcoming titles where you can be TRULY evil please tell me.

Well, in most sandbox games you have that option. In Saint's Row, Grand Theft Auto, Yakuza, etc... your character is usually at the very least a high functioning sociopath.

Truthfully though "evil" is something most games stay away from in the fashion your talking about because while it would find a definate niche audience, it also disturbs people. Rape, graphic torture, and other assorted things just generally aren't supported. Many games allow you to engage in regular 'ol mass murder, but usually tend to gloss over the ramifications.

The problem with being evil in games is that you need to create an entire enviroment intended to support it, and also make it a satisfying thing for the player to do, rather than just making being evil amount to being a jerk for no paticularly good reason.

In the past I've said that if I ever wanted to try and produce a game, assuming I had tens of millions of dollars to invest, I'd probably want to make a sandbox game that would be a giant love letter to 80s horror movies, except following through on all of the sex, violence, and mutilation. Letting the player create and cutomize their very own supernatural maniac in the spirit of Jason Vorhees or Freddy Kruegar. Either that or a crime sim where instead of being a gang banger you play as a seriel killer and rape/torture/kill in a more subtle and graphic fashion with concealment being the goal, the game programmed with variables similar to the old VICAPS system where people could see how long they could get away with it before they wound up trapping themselves. Such a framework could be worked into a greater narrative. I was thinking it would be similar to playing "armchair criminal" on a lot of levels, how all of us have read a seriel killer profile, or mystery novel/thriller and thought "if I was this maniac I could do much better" even if we won't admit it, and probably have no real desire to actually do those kinds of things, especially if you use real variables for pattern recongnition and such and "play against the system" it would be a way of finding out if you'd be better or not.

You get to be pretty evil in both KOTOR games if you so choose... but in the first game in particular it's the particularly cartoonish Star Wars brand of evil, so I guess you can take that with a grain of salt :P

The Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth games also let you play as the forces of Isengard/Mordor, which is pretty much textbook evil. I don't think the plot is all that great though.

Crusader Kings 1&2, to advance your dynasty you have to be an evil son of a bitch.

For Example:
Your eldest son and heir is an Imbecile? Assassinate him so that your younger son can take his place.

Your son is married to a the daughter of a landed noble whose lands you would like for yourself? Kill of all her siblings so she either inherits the titles or that her children, your grandchildren, do so.

Your liege got you down by preventing your attempts lower his authority in the Duchy/Kingdom? Kill off all his sons so the other nobles are likely to revolt.

Unable to expand beyond your borders because you lack a Cassus Belli? Declare a holy war against Muslims/Heretics to kill them and take their land.

The pope not doing what you want him to? Assassinate him. Or better yet make one of your Bishops the Antipope and take control of the religion.

Really you can get away with a lot of evil shit in CK2.

Karnot:

That's why I liked the overlord series so much because you are truly evil there. Ok its kind of silly evil but still you are the evil overlord ( esp. in overlord 2 ).

Actually...

Mister Six:
Crusader Kings 1&2, to advance your dynasty you have to be an evil son of a bitch.

For Example:
Your eldest son and heir is an Imbecile? Assassinate him so that your younger son can take his place.

Your son is married to a the daughter of a landed noble whose lands you would like for yourself? Kill of all her siblings so she either inherits the titles or that her children, your grandchildren, do so.

Your liege got you down by preventing your attempts lower his authority in the Duchy/Kingdom? Kill off all his sons so the other nobles are likely to revolt.

Unable to expand beyond your borders because you lack a Cassus Belli? Declare a holy war against Muslims/Heretics to kill them and take their land.

The pope not doing what you want him to? Assassinate him. Or better yet make one of your Bishops the Antipope and take control of the religion.

Really you can get away with a lot of evil shit in CK2.

the middle ages was fun

i second evil genius..lots of fun

The LoTR RTS game has a campaign for the Witch King (might be an expansion though). You can also play as Sauron in skirmishes.

Karnot:
from what I have heard from friends about fable 3 it is kind of linear. even when you are evil you still save the people and that is lame. And that is the problem with game where you are "supposedly" evil. Look at ME2 you can be a renegade, and make some a-hole moves. but you still end up saving the day.

Mass Effect renegade was not meant to be "evil," it's bold, xenophobic, pro-human, and whatever-it-takes. And being a dick too of course. Shepard was always meant to save the galaxy either way.

OT: Neverwinter Nights 2 is pretty good. At the end of the OC you can

and at the end of the Mask of the Betrayer expansion you can

Non-spoiler version: Your comment about joining the darkspawn? Pretty much. It's been a looong time though so I'm a little blurry on the rest of the game, but there are sure to be some other evil options during the rest of the campaign. After all, there are three evil alignments.

Try the Geneforge series. Align with the Takers, KILL EVERYBODY AAAAARRRRRRRGH.

Evil Genius is fun. The evilness in the game is on the lighthearted and silly side, though.

Tropico 1, 3 and 4 lets you be the dictator of a small island. So if you're a horrible leader you can create an oppressive police state, civil wars and constant rebellions.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic also gives you the option of being evil, and technically the greater of two evils.

Also, Overlord is not about you being the lesser of two evils. You can choose to the lesser of two evils if you want to, but you can also be the greater of two evils if you feel like it. The reason you're taking over the world from the other forces of evil isn't because you want to free them. It's because you want to conquer it so those two-bit wannabe evildoers better get out of your way.

Dude, just play Drakengard for PS2. You wanna play the badguy? Well, you aren't really the main villain but..you're main character is still pretty freaking evil and psychotic (One mission during one of the alternate paths literally has you murder child soldiers). In short, his motivation for fighting the evil empire is because they wronged him at one point. He doesn't give two shits about saving the world, he just wants to murder the ever loving crap out of things.

You wanna be evil? That's arguably the best example i've got.

Prototype man, your options are evil, or slightly more evil.

Lilani:

Matthew94:

Get a huge slum going next to the nuclear plant then unleash a tornado? Trap a whole bunch of people on the freeway and make an earthquake? :-P

That's kind of what I did. I established a titanic super-city run by nuclear power plants. Then I reshaped the city to put all the low-income residential zones next to the power plants, gave them an independent water and transport system, as well as schools, clinics, police and fire stations.

My experiments into cancer-fueled superpowers continue.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked