No more poll!Distraction from the question.
AWWWW.
11.3% (11)
11.3% (11)
What?
10.3% (10)
10.3% (10)
BULLSH*T!
10.3% (10)
10.3% (10)
What the h*ll, man?
7.2% (7)
7.2% (7)
Death upon you!
20.6% (20)
20.6% (20)
Your dead to me!
3.1% (3)
3.1% (3)
I didn't like the poll anyways.
12.4% (12)
12.4% (12)
Let me tell you about my mother.
24.7% (24)
24.7% (24)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Who is your favorite developer, did you grow up with them, are you a loyal fan and why?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Everyone has tastes.No one's tastes are the same.Also, we all have different opinions.So, out of curiosity, who is your favorite Game Developer, why are they your favorite, did you grow up with them and are you a loyal fan?Mine is bethesda game studios, i am still 13 so i'm still growing up with them.I love them so because of how much work is put into each of their games, and how much respect they have for choices.I would probably prefer Bioware, but i'll just tell you two letters two explain why not.E, and A.So, reply and answer my questions, and answer the poll if you may.

Lol @ poll.

Is this just an EA hate thread or a thread about our favorite devs?

Sid Meier, Julian Gollop and Chris Avallone, although he is more a writer.

Oh you mean companies.

Troika, Looking Glass, Black Isle, Microprose, and Sir-Tech only the good die young. For those still around Obsidian obviously, also GSC Games World.

Poll: EA made FIFA 12 which is great, I've been missing a more modern soccer game in my library with VR Soccer 96 and Sensible Soccer 2006 being the most recent ones I've owned, and Sensi Soccer is buggy as all get out. I really like the (proper) Battlefield games and have a lot of fun in BF3 (I need that patch ASAP though). I also like the Shift games, and I'm sure there are other EA games I own and enjoy.

My favorite developer growing up was id Software, for Commander Keen and Wolfenstein 3d. They was also the first game studio I worked at. As for their games, I don't really play them anymore and I think that some of their past issues which led to being bought out by Zenimax/Bethesda are unfortunate and appear to have changed their culture a bit.

Also, why is the poll about EA? I don't think I ever even played an EA game, I really have no opinion on the matter.

Hmm. I can't really say I have a favorite developer. Although if I were to choose, it would be Team Ico. Shadow of the Colossus is my most favorite game and Ico is also a great game. I first played Shadow of the Colossus not long after it came out, and then I played Ico when it came out in the HD collection a few months back.

As for EA? I'm neutral when it comes to them. I kinda think that they get more hate then they really deserve. That being said, I don't really agree with what that one guy said about charging people to reload their guns in-game. That guy's from EA right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Meh" for EA. Most of their games don't really interest me (especially the sports ones) others I don't like slightly, others still I slightly like. Overall the games they developed aren't really relevant to my interests and I'll be hard pressed to feel anything for them as a developer one way or another.

Now, favourite developers - Valve. I love nearly all of their games! ...which means Half-Life and the other one :/ I still highly respect Left 4 Dead but...well, it's just not my thing - I don't have the urge to kill zombies, so I don't own it. If I did want to shoot walking cadavers, though, it would have been my game of choice, I suppose. Yes, I grw up with them. I was there when HL1 came out. I was there when HL2 was arms wrestling DooM 3 over graphics (metaphorically speaking). And so on.

Next, one 3DO (Well, technically, I'm talking about New World Computing but I find 3DO a better label). I'll admit, I'm a bit biased - I'm a big fan of the Might and Magic franchise as a whole. However...I can sort of see it was sort of overmilked. Some, let's say, "poor choices" later and the company died. A shame really. Alas, they never managed to release Might and Magic 9. I didn't quite grow up with them, but I did catch them nonetheless.

Forward! Team17 - to this day, I honestly say that Worms has provided me the most fun of any game I ever played. The 2D instalments, the 3D ones I just find weird. And multiplayer (hotseat in particular) is the best gaming experience of all.

Troika Games...just Troika Games. Well, since I mention them, I can't miss Black Isle Studios and Obsidian Entertainment but somehow I don't find Obsidian as close to my heart.

And one recent one - Arrowhead Game Studios. Magicka is just so good, I cannot miss out those guys.

Also, kudos to Double Fine Productions - I can't say they are my favourites but they have my respect.

Atlus is my favorite developer but I just discovered them semi-recently. Or at least it's not old enough to be nostalgic. I played Persona 3 and it blew my mind, then I played 4 and loved it just as much. Then I started to look for similar games most were made by Atlus and NIS and everything they make is gold.

If I had to pick a nostalgic one I'd say Square, however nostalgia is the only thing they are running on. Then again I want another FF7-10 or Chrono Trigger/Cross quality game so that's pretty high expectations...

Well...... Bethesda has enriched my life with Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion. But Bioware has also enriched my life with Mass Effect 1 2 & 3, Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. I cant really choose between them.

Captcha: nap time.... well it most certainly is.

Black Isle
Troika
Obsidian
Microprose
Firaxis
Rockstar
Naughty Dog
Rocksteady

That's the ones I can think of atm. I grew up with them (Except Rocksteady) and they have proven themselves over multiple titles.

Bethesda has stuff to prove to me. I used to dislike Bethesda but they have gained my attention with Skyrim. Bethesda could jump on this list in the future.

Bioware has lost my attention over the past 2 years and have unfortunately fallen off the list. Future endeavors will determine if maybe this is just a rough patch.

LucasArts used to be on it but fell off quite some time ago and has never redeemed itself.

I love them as a developer, and even more as a PUBLISHER.

Atlus

I grew up with Naughty Dog (Jak and Daxter, Crash), Epic Games (Unreal Tournament), Pandemic (Battlefront series) and Bethesda (Morrowind).

My Top 10 list is:
-Naughty Dog
-Epic
-Bethesda
-Pandemic
-Volition
-Rockstar
-Rocksteady
-Insomniac
-BioWare
-CryTek

I don't have a favourite, if I see a game that comes from any of these guy's I will pick it up. I love all of them

I really didn't have a favorite dev back in the kiddie days. I just played whatever. Maybe Insomniac?

Now it's Platinum, or Starbreeze, or Obsidian.

Lucasarts. When they make a good game, they make a really good game.

CD Projekt Red and Bioware, although Bioware seems to be waning a bit here and there I still have faith in them (the real Bioware that is, not the random studios that get the Bioware title slapped on for no reason other than to look good.)

CD Projekt Red however are far ahead of anything Bioware ever was or will be, no DRM, free DLC, Mature and complex writing, and the development of one of the deepest RPGs in recent history. <3 love those guys!

Atlus is pretty damn good. I thought I only started playing their games recently but over the years I found out that they either published or made a lot of the GBA JRPGs that I enjoyed when I was younger.

my favourite developers is NIS/IF/GUST/COMPA alliance and among those Gust is my favourite.

1. Origin Systems Inc.
2. MicroProse
3. Black Isle Studios
4. Looking Glass Studios
5. Bioware

Most of those dead and gone now. And the one remaining is listing in dangerous waters.

Bethesda, for constantly listening to their fans.

Bioware, for some of the best characters I've ever seen in games.

Rockstar, for... well, multiple reasons that I can't be bothered to list right now. Mostly, for Red Dead Redemption.

Nintendo, for Zelda and Metroid.

Tentatively 343 Industries- I have a feeling that they're handling the Halo franchise perfectly. If I end up being wrong, then they'll be removed from the list.

Remedy, for Alan Wake.

Vigil, for making Darksiders, and then somehow many Darksiders 2 the same, different, and better all at the same time. Seriously, I haven't seen that in years.

Sid Meier is my favourite developer, although I didn't particularly think Spore/Civ V were amazing compared to earlier games. Definitely grew up with them. Other favourites would probably be Valve & Rockstar, simply because I haven't played a bad game of theirs. Oh, and Bungie...I like me some Halo.

I want to say something like Supergiant Games... but nothing can really top Blizzard.

I mean Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 and WoW. I'm not sure I even like them as a company, but there's just no ignoring all those memories I've gotten out of these three games.

arnoldthebird:
I grew up with Naughty Dog (Jak and Daxter, Crash), Epic Games (Unreal Tournament), Pandemic (Battlefront series) and Bethesda (Morrowind).

My Top 10 list is:
-Naughty Dog
-Epic
-Bethesda
-Pandemic
-Volition
-Rockstar
-Rocksteady
-Insomniac
-BioWare
-CryTek

I don't have a favourite, if I see a game that comes from any of these guy's I will pick it up. I love all of them

pretty much this

tho i will add

Valve
Blizzard

and i probably forgot some :P though what ive found out.. not sure if its real or not.. but i believe Pandemic has shut down ?

yep they where... many years ago :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_Studios 2009, check under "history" sad.. they made great games :(

Pandemic Studios: Mercanies, Destroy All Humans 1 & 2, Star Wars: Battlefront
Nintendo: Mario series, Zelda series
Game Freak: handheld Pokemon series
Sucker Punch: Sly 2 & 3, Rocket: Robot on Wheels
Amusement Vision: F-Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball 2, Jet Set Radio Future
Genius Sonority: Pokemon Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness
Insomniac Games: Spyro 1, 2, & 3; Ratchet & Clank series
Sonic Team: Sonic Adventure, Colors, & Generations
HAL Laboratory: Kirby series, Earthbound series, Super Smash Bros. series
Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, & Team Racing; Jak 1, 2, & 3
I think that's it, about in that order.

Atlus, Lucasarts, Bethesda, Insomniac, Sucker Punch, Game Freak, and Rockstar get honorable mentions.
But my favorite developer of all is Naughty Dog. All their games have this certain feel to them, they love adventure (and south american ruins) plus they've come out with three wildly successful franchises, all of which I love. Not to mention they better themselves all the time and haven't had any drama unlike most devs nowadays. The only thing that I can say against them is that they sold the license to Crash Bandicoot, and I think that was more of Sony's fault anyway. That and I never got the ultra super awesome Uncharted 2 contest thing with all their signatures.

nickyv917:
Crash Bash

Actually Bash was made by Vivendi/Eurocom. That's why it may seem a bit off. Still, Vicarious Visions and them made the best knock-off Crash games so far.

THATgamecompany, After Journey and Flower, I'll buy anything they make
EPIC Games, Gears is awesome, and I feel they're trying to mix things up with Fort Night
Shinji Mikami, After creating Resident Evil and revamping the series with 4, yeah pretty much sold
Suda 51, No more Heroes was fantastic, I love his over the top attitude and crazy games
Team Silent, I'm referring mainly to the first three SH games, because 2 is beyond amazing
Hideo Kojima, He just goes way out there doesn't he? MGS4 was fantastic.
From Software, if they keep pumping things like Demon's Souls out.

It used to be my big three, Square Enix, Capcom and Konami

Square Enix are still one of my favourite developers and publishers but they're slipping pretty fast.
Capcom are idiots whom I hate with a passion (gimme more Ace Attorney and I will give you my money though).
Konami...are slipping but not as fast as Square are.

I have a few new favourite developers in the pipeline;

Atlus I've only just discovered but Catherine and Persona 1 are quickly becoming two of my favourite games.
Level-5 are the company that introduced me to serious gaming and they have never let me down, White Knight Chronicles wasn't perfect but every single game they've released I've loved.
ThatGameCompany, well, I LOVE Flower and Journey, Flower even made my game of the year the year it was released, I'd like to see some more from them before I lift them up that highly.

On my radar are Quantic Dream, again I need to see more from them

and SEGA who, despite being the company I grew up with died for me after the megadrive, I played a bunch of their later games as DC ports on my gamecube as well as the Yakuza games and Binary Domain, Sega have a real chance of winning me back given they start making amazing games again, heck they already have producing down. EDIT: I forgot Valkyria Chronicles, amazing series!

EHKOS:

nickyv917:
Crash Bash

Actually Bash was made by Vivendi/Eurocom. That's why it may seem a bit off. Still, Vicarious Visions and them made the best knock-off Crash games so far.

Really? TO THE INTERNET!!! DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA!

Wikipedia:
Developer(s) Eurocom

Huh. Thanks.

There have been so many. id, Black Isle, Bioware, Cavedog, 3D Realms, Lucasarts, Bethesda, Pandemic, DMA, Rockstar, Microprose, Psygnosis, Firaxis ... this list could go on and on.

But my favourite of all time?

Sucker Punch

respect to a studio that makes what they want to..... now announce inFAMOUS 3!

The fondest memories I have of my childhood were with Konami. Playing Castlevania 3 and Super Castlevania IV with my friend each day after school is something I still hold dear to this day.

Other noteworthy developers include Bethesda, LucasArts, Rare (Donkey Kong Country!), and Capcom.

Never really paid attention to developers when growing up, but now I'd have to say my favourite is Valve, hands-down. First got into them through The Orange Box for Portal (to see what all the hype was about), and ended up playing the Half Life 2 games and getting hooked. Also now spend most of my time online playing L4D and L4D2. I just love their game designs, particularly in Half Life where you always have control of the character/camera even during cutscenes. Really adds to the immersion. Hella lot of respect for Valve. ... If only they'd release HL: Episode 3 *weeps*

Valve, no, no, no and no.

Used to be Blizzard, until they turned into an unholy abomination ruled by greed and stupidity.

Valve. Once I got the Orange Box I have never looked back and I have never been burned by one of their games either.

Bethesda deserve a honourable mention for showing me the delights of the Fallout universe and (in a roundabout way) getting New Vegas released. Plus killing dragons is fun.

Bioware WAS on the "must pre-order favourite can do no wrong" group, but then they got EA'ed with Dragon Age 2, then the whole "Only On Origin" BS. Which meant I didn't get ME3 and have apparently dodged a rather bad ending if the rants and flames are anything to go by.

Creative Assembly. I have bought every one of their games and i've been hooked since Medieval TW. I hate their current "arcade style, linear-focused" model that they are currently following though. That said, Empire TW and Rome TW are the 2 best games i've ever played.

EvilMaggot:
snip

I was incredibly disappointed when they were closed

But I agree with Valve and Blizzard, should of put the both of them on my list too. Love me some StarCraft and Half Life

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked