The Imperium invaded the ME universe

Pages 1 2 NEXT

the imperium, just the imperium.......no other 40k races

would they ally themselves with the citadel races, the council..

would they ally themselves with the Alliance?...

The Imperium ally with xeno scum? That smells like HERESY to me.

Comic Sans:

ok... you have a point...

but what about the systems alliance... would they consider there fellow humans a xenos as well

GameCalmer:

Comic Sans:

but what about the systems alliance... would they consider there fellow humans a xenos as well

Not familiar with the Warhammer 40k universe? They fight humans all the time. They're very human centric but they're not going to give a pass to someone's heretical actions because they're human.

They consider all ideas that are not exactly in line with their own to be worth killing over. Period. Allying with xenos is the utmost crime.(which actually does come into play with the Tau allied humans).

They would definitely crusade throughout the universe enforcing a doctrine that says that you must worship the God Emperor as the savior of all mankind.

But to be fair, in their universe they DO have a good reason to do so. Which is through undying faith and belief of trillions that the Emperor protects and that he is the savior of us all, he can be made into a psychic god(Because that's how the warp works) that may one day be capable of beating the chaos.

The only way to save your soul is to be a bigoted xeno hating asshole who cares nothing for the views of others and only believes in the god emperor.

and since the alliance does ally themselves with the other races, the citadel, the council etc..

GameCalmer:

Comic Sans:

but what about the systems alliance... heretics would they consider there fellow humans a xenos as well

See above. But hey, at least they'd also wreck the Starchild ending bullshit on account of it being tech heresy.

Here's a better question: Would they be able to beat the Reapers? I don't know. The Imperium has a pretty bad ass army that, despite the odds, still survives. Indoctrination wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue because the Inquisition could sniff that out within moments. Battle Barges are big enough to have their own gravitational pull. There are the titan legions that could probably give a reaper a run for its money.

And in a way, they already do have their version of the reapers. Which is the Necrons. Who are also an entirely inorganic race of life hating machines built to cause extinction. The big difference however is that the Reapers attack all at once while the Necrons slowly build up their forces that they think they'll need.

i think there was a earlier thread on this forum titled "imperium of man vs. reapers" and unanimously it was decided that the imperium would, in better terms ROLFSTOMP the reapers

"Cerberus? Humanity centric and in possession of advanced technologies? Sign them up?"

"Systems Alliance? Allied with multiple xenos races under the assumption of peaceful coexistence? EXTERMINATUS."

Soviet Heavy:
"Cerberus? Humanity centric and in possession of advanced technologies? Sign them up?"

"Systems Alliance? Allied with multiple xenos races under the assumption of peaceful coexistence? EXTERMINATUS."

the illusive man would have to accept the god emperor as the saviour of mankind, if not then cerberus will cease to extinct, even if it is human centric...

Soviet Heavy:

Research and development of Dark Age technology is a high crime by order of the Imperial Ecclesiarchy.

Allthingsspectacular:

Soviet Heavy:

Research and development of Dark Age technology is a high crime by order of the Imperial Ecclesiarchy.

oh i forgot, the imperium is extremely anti-technology... anti-technology progression

why is that? i always wondered

GameCalmer:

I already did this thread. It came out with Imperium winning.

however, shepard has always been sort of maverick... so say an space marine asks shepard "do you accept the emperor as savior of mankind"

shepard response "screw the emperor" something like that lol

you think the imperium could take on all ME races, the alliance, the citadel, the council races, the reapers all by itself

GameCalmer:

oh i forgot, the imperium is extremely anti-technology... anti-technology progression

Multiple reasons.

For one, they think that the Dark Age of Technology caused the wars in the Age of Strife. Which caused a lot more people to die than necessary. In believing that that since they believed science to be their god, they lost all sense of purpose and developed doomsday weapons that would set humanity back.

And also because they believe their current technology is blessed. Partially because they really have no idea how it works but also because of the psychic powers of humans cause them to actually work when perhaps they really shouldn't.

Or perhaps they believe that the current technology is the "Emperor's technology" and to progress or use different technology is to imply that his creations are inferior.(One thing to note: Tau technology is actually notably superior. So yeah, so much for the Emperor's technology I guess.)

Allthingsspectacular:

GameCalmer:

Multiple reasons.

For one, they think that the Dark Age of Technology caused the wars in the Age of Strife. Which caused a lot more people to die than necessary. In believing that that since they believed science to be their god, they lost all sense of purpose and developed doomsday weapons that would set humanity back.

And also because they believe their current technology is blessed. Partially because they really have no idea how it works but also because of the psychic powers of humans cause them to actually work when perhaps they really shouldn't.

Or perhaps they believe that the current technology is the "Emperor's technology" and to progress or use different technology is to imply that his creations are inferior.(One thing to note: Tau technology is actually notably superior. So yeah, so much for the Emperor's technology I guess.)

was the dark age of technology before the rise of the emperor?

GameCalmer:

Allthingsspectacular:

Soviet Heavy:

Dark Age of Technology. Basically, technology brought about a golden age for mankind, but the emergence of psykers and warp storms brought about the Age of Strife in which daemons and civil war nearly annihilated humanity until the Emperor fixed everything. According to the wiki, the reasoning behind the abhorrence of technology is because:

A. It is what the Imperium believes caused the Age of Strife and,
2. Science was the god of mankind, not the Emprah.

But yes, the Imperium would probably just kill everyone and more than has the capacity to do it.

Death to xenos filth and heretic traitors, for the Emprah, Spess Mehreens, etc..

Allthingsspectacular:

Soviet Heavy:

Ah, just let the Magos hire them. They go behind everyone's backs in the name of Science!

GameCalmer:
was the dark age of technology before the rise of the emperor?

The Dark Age of technology was actually directly the Emperor's influence to get humanity to take to the stars to fight the chaos. Where it was eventually decided that science would be the ultimate philosophy. However, around this period Psykers started appearing everywhere and science could not explain it.(Science doesn't work that way....)

Then the Age of Strife came, cut off communications and caused a bunch of wars. Slaanesh was born shortly thereafter.

The Emperor then realized that he made a grave miscalculation and decided to raise himself as the Emperor and go on a crusade to unite the scattered civilizations.

Freechoice:

Dark Age of Technology. Basically, technology brought about a golden age for mankind, but the emergence of psykers and warp storms brought about the Age of Strife in which daemons and civil war nearly annihilated humanity until the Emperor fixed everything. According to the wiki, the reasoning behind the abhorrence of technology is because:

But yes, the Imperium would probably just kill everyone and more than has the capacity to do it.

Death to xenos filth and heretic traitors, for the Emprah, Spess Mehreens, etc..

While in Imperial records it is stated that the Dark Age of technology was the cause of the Age of Strife, that's technically not true.

What actually caused the Age of Strife was the degeneration of the Eldar. Since they have such a potent presence in the warp, when their society degenerated to pleasure cults, torturing each other, comic books, rock and roll, etc, the collective psychic energies of all of these eldar experiencing perverse pleasures caused tons of warpstorms which in turn caused the Age of Strife and later the birth of Slaanesh.

Allthingsspectacular:

Freechoice:

While in Imperial records it is stated that the Dark Age of technology was the cause of the Age of Strife, that's technically not true.

What actually caused the Age of Strife was the degeneration of the Eldar. Since they have such a potent presence in the warp, when their society degenerated to pleasure cults, torturing each other, comic books, rock and roll, etc, the collective psychic energies of all of these eldar experiencing perverse pleasures caused tons of warpstorms which in turn caused the Age of Strife and later the birth of Slaanesh.

Yet more reason to purge the xenos scum. Interesting how like the Eldar the Asari are, no?

Freechoice:
Interesting how like the Eldar the Asari are, no?

That's easy - the Asari represent space elves. They are beautiful by almost all standards, look like humans but a prettier on average and slightly exotic, they live for a very long time, proficient with magic and pretty much everything else, more developed than humans, pretty much everyone wants to bang them. In short - the Asari are like humans but better. The same as most elves out there.

The Eldar are space elves.

/tg/, why are we having this discussion agai...
Oh sorry, I thought we were on 4chan.

40k wins, because everything is so ridiculously powerful and over the top it beats any other fiction setting other than Supreme Commander.

THIS thread AGAIN?

40k beats everything except Star Wars.

Soviet Heavy:

Cerberus use alien technology and alien genetic engineering techniques, they would be wiped out without question. Polluting the human genome with Xenos DNA is one of the gravest crimes in the eyes of the Imperium. Using Xenos technology is another severe crime, only human technology created by divine inspiration is acceptable in the eyes of the Omnissiah.

They wouldn't wipe out the Alliance completely, apart from the being diplomatic with Xenos bit the Systems Alliance human culture would not be considered as "deviant" enough to provoke Exterminatus. The Imperium would destroy its government and military and "re-educate" the population with missionary's whilst the Inquisition examined the population for anyone that differed enough from a strict human genome or had any kind of mutation. This would include biotics and anyone that underwent any kind of genetic engineering. Some would be kept for study most would just be executed.

I feel like several hundred thousand screaming, 3m tall, acid spitting (seriously), superhuman warriors with buzzsaw flat hair would be enough to beat the reapers.

Did I mention that they can spit acid?

I think the Imperial's first move would be the sanctioning of a system-wide EXTERMINATUS.

P.s. A Space Marine would literally tear a Krogan limb from limb, no contest.

Mugen:
I think the Imperial's first move would be the sanctioning of a system-wide EXTERMINATUS.

P.s. A Space Marine would literally tear a Krogan limb from limb, no contest.

100% correct. The gritty universe of the Imperium of Man would tear everything in ME apart. I would argue that the Tyranids are a far more dangerous foe than the reapers. The reapers? Hah, they are just machines that can de destroyed. The Tyranids can only be temporarily stopped as they move from planet to planet consuming every trace of biological material.

Allthingsspectacular:

GameCalmer:

Multiple reasons.

What? No, not quite.

Dark Age Technology itself isn't hated, it's attempting to MODIFY or build upon pre-existing tech that is heresy to them.

See, the Cult mechanicus believe that all the knowledge in the universe already exists, all you gotta do is crack open as many ancient data-tombs as you can and take it. If all knowledge already exists, then it must be FOUND. To "create" or discover new information is heresy because that information did not come directly from the Omnissiah (Which is the machine-god of the Cult Mechanicus, a seperate entity from the Emperor. Also possibly it might be the Void Dragon, an ancient Necron deity buried on mars)

imperium of man in the ME universe? Depends, is the ENTIRE imperium existing or just a moderate sized chunk of it? Do you allow for the existence of the Warp in the ME universe? If not, then no psykers, and no Warp Travel.

endtherapture:
THIS thread AGAIN?

How would it not beat Star Wars? Psykers > Jedi/Sith.

GameCalmer:

How much do you actually know about 40k? The Imperium of Man is not one to ally, especially with xenos. The worlds 'Purge the xenos, the mutant, the heretic' come to mind.

The Imperium would steamroll everything in the ME universe, including the Reapers. 2km long death-robots millions of years old? Been there, done that, Necrons are worse. The Imperium will throw 25km long battle-cathedrals around. I'm not joking:

Yeah, lets see Shepard stare down one of these.

The imperium would probably exterminate all of the other races and would also kill off most of the alliance, especially if they had a relationship with other species like shepard did.

They may let some of humanity live if they swear undying loyalty to the Emprah.
Also yes, the imperium alone would roflstomp the entire ME universe, reapers included. They would also roflstomp the star wars universe but that's another thread.

endtherapture:
THIS thread AGAIN?

I doubt that. All the normal soldiers I have seen in Star Wars would be annihilated by the Imperial Guard, traditionally the weakest of the 40K armies. They got rapid fire laser rifles that have neigh unlimited ammo, body armour that actually works, tanks that can and will wipe out entire storm trooper squadrons in one shot, and not to mention the heavy weapons that would rip through everything.
The Jedi might be a bigger problem, but considering how vulnerable they are to ranged attacks... I know they deflect laser weapons with their sword, but Space Marines have guns that rapid-fire self-propelled rockets that explode on impact. How is a Jedi going to defend himself against that? And if he's really unlucky, he might face a Heavy Bolter, think the same gun as Space Marines wield, only it's a machine gun.

Then there are Psykers that can rip battletanks (and also Yoda) in half, space ships that make Star Wars space ships look like tiny specks of dust, and most capital ships are capable of blowing up planets like the Death Star.

The Star Wars universe never stood a chance.

Allthingsspectacular:
Here's a better question: Would they be able to beat the Reapers? I don't know. The Imperium has a pretty bad ass army that, despite the odds, still survives. Indoctrination wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue because the Inquisition could sniff that out within moments. Battle Barges are big enough to have their own gravitational pull. There are the titan legions that could probably give a reaper a run for its money.

And in a way, they already do have their version of the reapers. Which is the Necrons. Who are also an entirely inorganic race of life hating machines built to cause extinction. The big difference however is that the Reapers attack all at once while the Necrons slowly build up their forces that they think they'll need.

They beat back the Tyranids. Multiple times. Those things seem worse than the Reapers

Bassik:

endtherapture:
THIS thread AGAIN?

I doubt that. All the normal soldiers I have seen in Star Wars would be annihilated by the Imperial Guard, traditionally the weakest of the 40K armies. They got rapid fire laser rifles that have neigh unlimited ammo, body armour that actually works, tanks that can and will wipe out entire storm trooper squadrons in one shot, and not to mention the heavy weapons that would rip through everything.
The Jedi might be a bigger problem, but considering how vulnerable they are to ranged attacks... I know they deflect laser weapons with their sword, but Space Marines have guns that rapid-fire self-propelled rockets that explode on impact. How is a Jedi going to defend himself against that? And if he's really unlucky, he might face a Heavy Bolter, think the same gun as Space Marines wield, only it's a machine gun.

Then there are Psykers that can rip battletanks (and also Yoda) in half, space ships that make Star Wars space ships look like tiny specks of dust, and most capital ships are capable of blowing up planets like the Death Star.

The Star Wars universe never stood a chance.

Star Wars has reliable interstellar travel.

Starkiler who could bring down 40k ships from orbits.

Also legions of Star Destroyers that could steamroll Imperium ships in numbers. I thought Abaddon needed a special planet killing ship to blow up planets anyway? Sure any capital ship can level the surface of a planet, but Star Destroyers can do that too.

Plus in Star Wars they have a fighter which can survive being put into the core of a sun, and can also blow up suns. Sun Crusher > The Imperium.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked