Bioware - Now Really Jerking Our Chain

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So, Bioware looks to be setting themselves up to shoot themselves in the foot again. While purely rumor and conjecture at this point, a leak from an ex-Bioware employee sheds light on what could possibly be some of the worst and dumbest news to come out about Mass Effect yet.

http://playstationgang.com/rumor-ex-bioware-employee-leaks-mass-effect-3-dlc-terminator-mass-shift-info-and-more/

Original Posts:
http://i39.tinypic.com/1gnlw2.jpg

To sum it all up:

Yes, Shepard is going to "live" through the ending of ME3. Except he/she isn't - Shepard is dead and instead the Catalyst is going to be in control of Shepard's body, and try to prevent the galaxy from developing more advanced Synthetics in the next ME game codenamed "Mass Shift".

Yes. It does originate from 4chan. Yes, it is highly speculative at this point.

But we said the same god damn things about the ME3 leaks, and look what we got.

If even 20% of this is true, than I think Bioware needs to go into hiding for a couple of decades. 'Till everyone is too old to care anymore and they can piss off a new fanbase.

Disclaimer: this information leak is HIGHLY suspect. HIGHLY.

That being said.

Holy mother of god. Not even fanboys deserve this.

Mass Shift mission 1: Get to the moon again

...I really doubt this is accurate information. I took a visit to 4Chan to see if they were as weird as people said. I immediately saw a thread that cannot be unseen.

Yeah I really doubt this is real and is in fact just some troll. I really doubt Mass Shift is a thing too.

Seems highly implausible and unlikely. Hold on to the hate folks.

Here you go mates. Confirmation that it's false.

You know except the catalyst possessing your body thing, it sounded kind of interesting.

Behind every lie is a grain of truth.

I especially liked the "he didn't survive entering earths atmosphere".

So, he was in an explosion, hurtled through space without a suit, entered earths atmosphere and then plummeted a hell of a long way and landed on solid concrete....

And he didn't survive....

Shocking.

But wait, it's only his synthetic parts that got damaged. Obviously anything organic can survive explosion, insane compression, lack of oxygen and a fall that would make anything non-Shep a red stain in London.

I really, really want to call bullshit on this. It's that bad it is absolute nuts, but there is the problem.

It's so mad it might just happen and if any place on the internet is the perfect home for strange .... it's 4chan.

Some people have strange imaginations.

Oh what a fuckin' relief that it's fake. Talos be praised. I actually had a nightmare about Mass Shift last night. It was fuckin' terrible. I hope they go with the indoctrination theory, even if they weren't planning that.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm surprised that Zeel managed to stay alive on The Escapist for so long. I don't have anything against the guy, he just needs to chill a little bit.

Paragon Fury:

Yes, Shepard is going to "live" through the ending of ME3. Except he/she isn't - Shepard is dead and instead the Catalyst is going to be in control of Shepard's body, and try to prevent the galaxy from developing more advanced Synthetics in the next ME game codenamed "Mass Shift".

Some of us haven't finished this game yet. It's been less than a month since release, you think that's a good time to put up unlabelled spoilers?

It's from a trip on /v/, it must be true!

Seriously, why did they even write an article on this? And more importantly does anyone actually believe it?

Zeel:

You know except the catalyst possessing your body thing, it sounded kind of interesting.

Quick question - why is everyone automatically taking his word for it?

Isn't anything Bioware/EA says automatically equally suspect? Would they really come out and admit that its real, if it was?

I'm not saying that this leak is genuine - but simply that Bioware/EA's contribution to its falsity or otherwise are hightly suspect and in no way gospel.

i dont know whats worse or more suspect. a leak from 4chan or an official comment from lieoware

Shinigami214:

Zeel:

Isn't anything Bioware/EA says automatically equally suspect? Would they really come out and admit that its real, if it was?

I'm not saying that this leak is genuine - but simply that Bioware/EA's contribution to its falsity or otherwise are hightly suspect and in no way gospel.

Because if it was real they would be better off ignoring it than drawing attention to it to later be proven wrong and less trustworthy.

It if the dlc was real that twitter message would be a stupid move no matte how you go about it.

Shinigami214:

The whole thing is fake.

Here's a quick way to research that... take a look at the credits list and see if you can find someone with a job title of "virtual lighting technician". With 8 years at BW, that guy should be credited somewhere.

Oh wait, no such position exists at Bioware. Ever. Environment artists or technical artists are the ones that handle lighting in Bioware games.

Also, the whole time I was there I never got cookies from anyone's sister. =(

That sounds pretty suspect, if only because that DLC sounds kinda huge.

Also, y'know... 4Chan. Reliability incarnate.

Zeel:

Thank Christ.
That shit sounded god damned bananas.

Yeah I thought the writers had gone truly batshit crazy.

Zeel:

Huh... I don't know much about BioWare, (being 12 and all) but, yes, if it's a leak from 4Chan, it's a leak, nonetheless, but the Anonimity system might make these leaks a bit less reliable, what I'm surprised about is the fact that this trip(fag/friend) came up with this story, (assuming it's completely fake), I'm more interested in the origin, it's most likely from some ME3 Thread on /v/, (there are alot of those) or something from /vg/ (fuck /vg/), but, this seems pretty interesting, for the most part.

/v/ Is kind of known for having Early News.

That doesn't make any sense. There's no way Shepard could survive reentry, especially considering how the Citadel is also going to fall to earth. Even if Shepard's corpse remains intact, it'll be strewn among 7 billion tons of wreckage.

neo131x:
Huh... I don't know much about BioWare, (being 12 and all)

God I wish I was your age again. Sure there's the inconvenience of being horny all the time, but nothing beats being a kid. Cherish it. It all goes downhill once you turn 20.

Pearwood:

Paragon Fury:

Some of us haven't finished this game yet. It's been less than a month since release, you think that's a good time to put up unlabelled spoilers?

Buddy just stay off the forums until you finish it, thats what i did.

People will be talking about this for a long while yet, so any time you check a mass effect thread you are taking serious spoiler risks

Zeel:

I gotta agree with you on that. Mass Shift sounded dumb as hell but that part did sound interesting. It was like a hybrid of literal ending and the I.T. Mass Relays having been blown up, bwuh... If I must, I guess I could force suspension of disbelief.

ThriKreen:

Also, the whole time I was there I never got cookies from anyone's sister. =(

Maybe the "cookies" were "cookies".

The dead give away is "Dragon Age 2 was not yet in alpha status". This person clearly has no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Adam Jensen:

neo131x:

God I wish I was your age again. Sure there's the inconvenience of being horny all the time, but nothing beats being a kid. Cherish it. It all goes downhill once you turn 20.

Yeah, but it pisss me off getting underage bans for virtually no reason, and being a somewhat intelligent pre-teen no-one takes me seriously...

Nice username, Deus Ex was an ok game.

Draech:

Shinigami214:

Zeel:

Because if it was real they would be better off ignoring it than drawing attention to it to later be proven wrong and less trustworthy.

It if the dlc was real that twitter message would be a stupid move no matte how you go about it.

I disagree.

Good PR practice is to move against any leaks early and decisively to stop them from gaining traction with your publics.

Companies/entities/governments do this all the time. They first deny a piece of information - as a matter of public relations procedure - only to then admit it under pressure.

It serves two purposes. First, a quick denial can sometimes undermine the validity of a leak, making the possibility that it gets ignored or forgotten easier.

Secondly, it quashes the potential for more, possibly more revelatory leaks that would have possibly followed on the momentum of the prior leaks.

Additionally - but this is mere speculation on my part - I'm fairly confident that the outrage prompted by the end of ME3 has caused them to revise their plan somewhat.

Meaning that if the info outlined in the leak *was* their plan, they can safely say 'its fake' - not because its not accurate, but because they have since then reconsidered their post-ME3 plan and are now coming up with something that won't get them lynched in the street.

Adam Jensen:

neo131x:

I must be lucky, I seem to have dipped slightly and then hit a plateau.

Shinigami214:

Draech:

Shinigami214:

I disagree.

Good PR practice is to move against any leaks early and decisively to stop them from gaining traction with your publics.

Companies/entities/governments do this all the time. They first deny a piece of information - as a matter of public relations procedure - only to then admit it under pressure.

It serves two purposes. First, a quick denial can sometimes undermine the validity of a leak, making the possibility that it gets ignored or forgotten easier.

Secondly, it quashes the potential for more, possibly more revelatory leaks that would have possibly followed on the momentum of the prior leaks.

Additionally - but this is mere speculation on my part - I'm fairly confident that the outrage prompted by the end of ME3 has caused them to revise their plan somewhat.

Meaning that if the info outlined in the leak *was* their plan, they can safely say 'its fake' - not because its not accurate, but because they have since then reconsidered their post-ME3 plan and are now coming up with something that won't get them lynched in the street.

well we be able to see if you are overly aggressive against Bioware or rightfully cautious if comes out.

The DLC thing sounds vaguely plausible, but the Mass Shift stuff sounds like total bullshit.

Shinigami214:

Especially when his name is EVIL CHRIS

chiefohara:

Pearwood:

Paragon Fury:

People will be talking about this for a long while yet, so any time you check a mass effect thread you are taking serious spoiler risks

I haven't played ME3 yet - I simply accepted that to be part of this discussion I'd have to 'spoil' it for myself, so I just went online and read/viewed as much as I could about it instead.

To clarify - I don't plan on buying ME3 until I see how this thing plays out. I know its a drop in the ocean compared to the sales the game has racked up already, but its my little line in the sand.

Shinigami214:

chiefohara:

Pearwood:

I haven't played ME3 yet - I simply accepted that to be part of this discussion I'd have to 'spoil' it for myself, so I just went online and read/viewed as much as I could about it instead.

To clarify - I don't plan on buying ME3 until I see how this thing plays out. I know its a drop in the ocean compared to the sales the game has racked up already, but its my little line in the sand.

Hey you may just be a drop in the ocean, but you should be the only drop you should care about.

This whole mess would have solved it self if people just looked at it like that.

Zeel:

thank you!
Seriously does everyone just jump on any whisper of DLC for ME3?

Zeel:

Thank god this was put down quickly... not even BIOWARE could screw us over THAT much

Zeel:

It does, however I still hold to the Indoctrination Theory (just so it is all a dream, please let it be a dream).

That is really fake sounding and pretty crazy plot wise, organic bits not burning up on the atmospheric re-entry. Mass shift being 1000 years in the future and the organic bits of Shepard still walking around catalyst possessed...

The phrase dragon age getting pushed out the door while still in "alpha" shows nt indication of what alpha testing builds are like which on the last game I saw in alpha was mostly placeholders everywhere text instead of voice acting and notes on things from level designers and artists such as add xx here or needs more x in this area and so many many many bugs. Dragon Age 2 while a controversial game in content was by far a finished product.

Draech:

Shinigami214:

chiefohara:

Hey you may just be a drop in the ocean, but you should be the only drop you should care about.

This whole mess would have solved it self if people just looked at it like that.

If only.

Looking at the posts since your comment however, its depressing at how quick people are to assume that simply because Priestly said its fake, it MUST be so.

Sheeple.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked