D&D: THAT person in the group

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

So I've come to realize in all of my time in playing Dungeons and Dragons, that there is always a person in the group that does something ridiculous. Whether it be someone trying to make a ridiculous character out of non-basic races, someone who tries to break the rules, or anything of that sort.. So I'm wondering Escapist. Who is THAT person in your group, and what do they do?

As for me, it's the first that I listed. In my group, we have a person who apparently has a love affair with Gnolls. And every character he has ever tried creating has been as such. So much to the point, that he refuses to even play if he can't be the race. So we finally compromised and said he could be a Gnoll....on the grounds that he roleplayed as such. Gnolls, being Chaotic Evil, are always hated my society and would never be accepted. His Gnoll was Chaotic Good, and was rejected by his clan, but still isn't accepted by society, except for our small group. Eventually he gave up and left the group because it was "unfair" for him to be treated that way.

Person in my group trying to break the rules...? Well, in all honesty I would say that's me. Back in my WoW days, during Lich King, I played a Troll Warrior tank breed. I had a friend locally and we were part of a guild. First guild raid I was in, everyone was preparing and my friend and I, who is a girl btw, got a brilliant idea. She healed me as I swarmed as much aggro as I could, then I ran towards the group of guildies. This was the mic chatter:

"...Where's Drgo and Drossie?"
"Coming."
"...What were you tw-"
"RUN FOR YOUR LIVES."
"...Drgo. Drossie. The fuck did yo-...Oh you little brats..."

So yeah. That was fun. Total whipe.

In my old group, we had a guy who loved to min/max characters with odd races. You haven't lived until you've seen a minotaur monk that uses a beer cask as his main weapon. He pretty much specializes in crazy characters like that, and absolutely broken necromancers/artificers -- and those characters are always so focused on getting gold that we jokingly called them "chaotic greedy." I remember this one time he almost caused a total party kill because he cut open some monster or other with stonebreath and try to get its poison sack, failed the roll, and turned all but the one member of the party who made their saving throw into stone. Good times, goooood times.

Edit: In case you didn't catch it, that's a minotaur who practices drunken kung fu. His characters never lived long, either, since usually they'd either die in battle or the rest of the party would get fed up and do the honor themselves. He'd then roll up a new, even crazier character.

cjspyres:
So I've come to realize in all of my time in playing Dungeons and Dragons, that there is always a person in the group that does something ridiculous. Whether it be someone trying to make a ridiculous character out of non-basic races, someone who tries to break the rules, or anything of that sort.. So I'm wondering Escapist. Who is THAT person in your group, and what do they do?

As for me, it's the first that I listed. In my group, we have a person who apparently has a love affair with Gnolls. And every character he has ever tried creating has been as such. So much to the point, that he refuses to even play if he can't be the race. So we finally compromised and said he could be a Gnoll....on the grounds that he roleplayed as such. Gnolls, being Chaotic Evil, are always hated my society and would never be accepted. His Gnoll was Chaotic Good, and was rejected by his clan, but still isn't accepted by society, except for our small group. Eventually he gave up and left the group because it was "unfair" for him to be treated that way.

Everyone has had their share of odd experiences in various games. I've been both the jerk (I guess) and the person GMing for them. To be honest I've come to the conclusion over many years of experience that the best way to deal with such things is to simply work with the player, especially if the request isn't utterly game breaking. For example the guy wanting to play a Gnoll is pretty bloody tame compared to some things I've run into over the years. I figure a guy who wants to play one that bad has some decent ideas for playing one, and as a GM it's not a hard thing to find story potential with. Going out of your way to make him miserable actually turns you into the bad guy assuming you approve it to begin with, that's how you alienate players.

Speaking for the Gnoll example, the first thing that comes to mind is that Gnolls are semi-accepted in society. If you check a lot of the city encounter maps and such you'll notice gnolls do show up as rowdies and such, and they are also a species that values/steals coinage which means they obviously do get to spend it somewhere, so that makes a degree of sense. If nobody traded with them, why would they be raiding to steal money? Now granted, they aren't well liked by non-evil races, but at the same time your not going to have people spitting on you in the middle of Greyhawk or Waterdeep, to most people your coin is as good as anyone else's, and as far as mercenary work goes, gnolls are known to be strong, ferocious fighters (and frequently get hired for that trait, there is no real reason why only bad guys would hire one for muscle). I also remember the old RPGA/Polyhedron group "Sir Orville and Company" which was a party built around Sir Orville who was a Gnoll in full plate armor if I remember. :)

My basic point is that even if you don't care for the idea, assuming you know the guy well enough for him to be gaming with you, it's not hard to work with him. You might change your mind, and if you don't, well... no game lasts forever, and everyone will be generating new characters before too long.

Of course there is worse, in one group I was GMing I had a girl who wanted to play an Illithid... I kid you not, a bloody Mind Flayer, but not just an Illithid a sexy one (and she drew her own art). This idea apparently having come about after reading the "Cloakmaster Cycle" of Spelljammer novels where there was a good aligned Illithid. I was running a fairly bizzare campaign at the time based out of Planescape, with the PCs running an expedition into Ravenloft to perform an artifact recovery (pre-equipped with a Scroll Of Return to get out). After she lost her character in the Nightmare Lands, and with no real method of bringing in a new PC I decided to limit the bummer factor by letting her play her sexy good aligned Illithid, with it being justified as one of the stronger dreams/nightmares in the region that was going to be able to survive outside. It was 2nd Edition so I let her do it as the base monster counting as 10 levels and then let her advance as a psionicist to add additional powers. I had assumed she planned to play the character as being basically okay (neutral alignment) but then about 4-5 sessions in she explained she wanted to start eating NPC
brains during sex instead of animal brains. I didn't have to step in though, other party members were basically going to kill... it.. if they found out about it, so she retired the character who now once in a while shows up as an NPC in my campaigns as one of the more prolific seriel killers in Sigil....

In short I've dealt with my share of wierdos, and will generally let someone play just about anything if it won't totally screw up the adventure, and generally won't prevent someone from doing something unless there is a reason for it, which I will usually explain. For the most part while The Illithid was proabbly the worst since I don't think there has ever been rules for those as PCs unless I missed it somwehre, I tend to not bat an eye unless someone decides to start asking to play Arduin Grimoire variant races and such... or what I consider to be "joke characters". I generally will not let people play "screw the party" characters like some versions of The Jester, or comedy relief characters like Gully Dwarves or Tinker Gnomes in Krynn, in part because I tend to feel that in a decent party all the characters have to pull their weight, and since I'm making a challenging adventure, some dude playing a kender jester who is "accidently" stealing all his companions stuff, and firing off a semi controlled wand of wonder for lulz every 15 seconds to see how chaotic they can make every fight, does not help either the party, or the GM trying to keep the adventure going.

At any rate that's my thoughts, and my story contribution.

Oh boy, don't get me started on the "THAT guy" we had in your group. He had some kind of pathological fear of making a reasonable character. The first one he wanted to make was a simple order, he wanted to make an assassin. Easy right? APPARENTLY NOT! He ended up making a Rogue/Scout/Assassin/Master Thrower/Swordsage. Our DM wasn't doing anything, so I put my foot down and said no, he had to make something that made sense. So that ended up with making a Raptoran Scout/Master Thrower/Stormtalon. Again, I said no to this because being a race with natural flying is bullshit. It's like he just COULDN'T make a character that made logical sense. Eventually, I had to say that if our DM couldn't reel him in on his bullshit and stop him from turning the campaign into his own personal self-insert animoo, then me, my house, my books, and all the other player were walking.

Needless to say, he's sticking with a much more appropriate character now.

I miss my lizardman Ranger who rode a donkey with a Skunk familiar!

Jitters Caffeine:
Oh boy, don't get me started on the "THAT guy" we had in your group. He had some kind of pathological fear of making a reasonable character. The first one he wanted to make was a simple order, he wanted to make an assassin. Easy right? APPARENTLY NOT! He ended up making a Rogue/Scout/Assassin/Master Thrower/Swordsage. Our DM wasn't doing anything, so I put my foot down and said no, he had to make something that made sense. So that ended up with making a Raptoran Scout/Master Thrower/Stormtalon. Again, I said no to this because being a race with natural flying is bullshit. It's like he just COULDN'T make a character that made logical sense. Eventually, I had to say that if our DM couldn't reel him in on his bullshit and stop him from turning the campaign into his own personal self-insert animoo, then me, my house, my books, and all the other player were walking.

Can't tell if trolling, or made typo on "our" and is serious.....

Edit: Just so I make it clear, I'm talking about when you're trying to have a serious campaign. Believe me, I've had my share of silly games(Giant British octopus attack our ship, because a team member got sea sick and puked on his crumpets and tea).

cjspyres:

Jitters Caffeine:

Can't tell if trolling, or made typo on "our" and is serious.....

Edit: Just so I make it clear, I'm talking about when you're trying to have a serious campaign. Believe me, I've had my share of silly games(Giant British octopus attack our ship, because a team member got sea sick and puked on his crumpets and tea).

yeah, it was a typo. But yes, it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a campaign with any air seriousness when one of your players is trying to play an Orangutan with arm flaps that it uses to fly... Which IS a real race, and he DID try to use because of it's retardedly high +6 racial DEX bonus.

yeah, it was a typo. But yes, it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a campaign with any air seriousness when one of your players is trying to play an Orangutan with arm flaps that it uses to fly... Which IS a real race, and he DID try to use because of it's retardedly high +6 racial DEX bonus.

The sad part is, I was kinda hoping you were trolling *facepalm*

cjspyres:

I think this thread is a pretty easy way to tell who's a role player and who's a roll player. I've always felt like super serious role players would be better off in community theater, personally.

Owyn_Merrilin:

cjspyres:

I think this thread is a pretty easy way to tell who's a role player and who's a roll player. I've always felt like super serious role players would be better off in community theater, personally.

It's not that we're all so super serious, it's just that it get really ridiculous at a point. I mean, If I wanted to, I could make a completely broken character, but it wouldn't make any sense in the context of our campaign.

A buddy actually made a Gnoll fighter named Crackers, but Crackers was basically just a dumb, happy(but very violent) dog who was kind of like our mascot, so it was totally cool. He always had his tongue sticking out.

Maybe I'm kind of a weird case, but we were all 'Those Guys', which made our campaigns basically kind of ridiculous. Everybody was insane, it was great.

I don't think I could take playing in a campaign where my wanting to play a vampire or a giant or a guy who found Batman's armor would make everybody horrified or something. I don't know.

I was part of a whole group that was like that. Our GM had us making characters for a new Greyhawk game he was starting up. We had the idea that we would be a whole party of Clerics, all 7 of us, but all of different faiths. As the creation was winding down, the GM asked the player to his left what his character's name was. He replied (after giving it like 2 seconds of thought) "Luke." The next guy he asked answered almost immediately "Bo." And so it went... from "Daisy" to "Cooter" to "Roscoe" to "Enis" to my character "Uncle Jessie." It wound up being fairly epic though.

Kyrian007:
I was part of a whole group that was like that. Our GM had us making characters for a new Greyhawk game he was starting up. We had the idea that we would be a whole party of Clerics, all 7 of us, but all of different faiths. As the creation was winding down, the GM asked the player to his left what his character's name was. He replied (after giving it like 2 seconds of thought) "Luke." The next guy he asked answered almost immediately "Bo." And so it went... from "Daisy" to "Cooter" to "Roscoe" to "Enis" to my character "Uncle Jessie." It wound up being fairly epic though.

I -really- want to see what a party of Clerics would be like. How did you guys handle encounters?

cjspyres:

Hmmm, not sure... there is a fine line between being the Group Loony and being the Group Fag.

The player you mentioned was being a huuuuge fag if he left because his gnoll was being treated as such in-game. A Loony would have rolled with it and attempted to create hilarity. The group Loony is great, they are usually the ones instigate the most memorable roleplay sessions. Every group should have a loony.

Jitters Caffeine:

I remember this! I was part of that thread!

OT- I am the closest thing my group has to that guy, but not much of one at all in the end. I just can tell when a build will be completely boring.

ArmorKingBaneGief:

Kyrian007:

I -really- want to see what a party of Clerics would be like. How did you guys handle encounters?

We wound up with a fairly wide variety of dual classed skills and feats (eventually) and took advantage of being able to plan for encounters and pray for appropriate and varied spells.

So basically... a gang mace-ing followed by a round of heals. (repeat)

Kyrian007:

ArmorKingBaneGief:

Kyrian007:

We wound up with a fairly wide variety of dual classed skills and feats (eventually) and took advantage of being able to plan for encounters and pray for appropriate and varied spells.

So basically... a gang mace-ing followed by a round of heals. (repeat)

That is truly magnificent. I just picture you guys mobbing like one guy and just stomping him out for five rounds. The most unheroic fight ever. (Which means the best fight ever.)

Revnak:

Jitters Caffeine:

OT- I am the closest thing my group has to that guy, but not much of one at all in the end. I just can tell when a build will be completely boring.

Heh, yeah my ass is everywhere. I believe I remember your avatar in there. Luckily we were able to reign in our "problem" before anyone did anything TOO crazy.

I won't lie and say I haven't been accused of some Class-A Munchkineering, but I've always kept my fellow players in mind. We all want to have fun, someone running around like an asshole in every fight isn't fun.

We don't have one of them. If anyone tried to pull shit like that in my campaign, and it was a serious one, I'd kick them the fuck out of the group.

As a GM I have always been pretty accomidating but the one problem-player that will always raise my ire will be a guy (who I shall refer to as "Rob") who outright cheated all the time with his character.

Rob was the worst kind of munschkin no matter what game we were playing. We mostly played the old World of Darkness back in the day, with pretty loose settings where the characters could play vampires, werewolves, etc- whatever they wanted.

One time we were making beginning characters for Werewolf: The Apocaylpse. We were all using the character creation guidelines from the book. For those not in the know the characters were leveled by "ranks" in the game, 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest. Your rank determined what kind of Gifts (or magical/supernatural powers) you got. Obviously Rank 1 characters could only get Rank 1 Gifts (3 of them at character creation). So we all just spent an hour or so making our Rank 1 characters. We had just all finished when I looked over at Rob's sheet (he was beside me). Somehow, someway, Rob's character was Rank 5 and had over 20 Gifts of various Ranks. The lowest attributes and skills were 4 (they are rated 1 to 5, 2 being average, and you are lucky to have one or two at 4 with a beginning character). I immediately called him out and demanded to know what the hell he was doing. Rob did the stupidest thing: He claimed ignorance. He actually claimed he "had no idea" and thought "everything was legit." I called foul, saying that he obviously knew what he was doing since he planned out his Gifts and everything. Then things got even more stupid: Rob then argued that we should let him play the character as is because it would be a waste of time for him to make another character. Needless to say we left him sulking in the corner while we played our game.

But even when Rob was playing a balanced character he managed to be a a-hole. He would often try to kill other player characters "by accident" (throwing grenade weapons in their midst while they were in melee with an enemy) or go out of his way to screw over the other characters so he could "win."

The last game we played with Rob was a Werewolf: The Apocalypse game I GM'd. I made sure his character was balanced. The characters were a werewolf pack claiming some territory and making a name for themselves, pretty simple. The pack decided to clean up some crime in a neighborhood by taking down a drug dealers den. They came up with a good plan and executed it quite nicely, it was a good and simple challange for the players to flex their muscles. When all the drug dealers were dealt with (the werewolves subdued them all and tied them up, planning to call the police afterwards), they found 2 briefcases and a duffel bag. After discovering that one of the briefcases was full of money Rob decided that, since all the characters saw what the briefcase had in it and he couldn't sneak away, he held them up with a pistol loaded with silver bullets. To understand the context: this is a werewolf pack, they have sworn to each other like a close family, they have a spirit totem that makes their unity mystically important- and here was a werewolf betraying all of that and threatening to kill them over money and drugs. I let slip that the duffel bag was full of drugs, which the characters earlier found out was laced with Wyrm toxins (the Wyrm was the big bad of W:TA). Rob just shrugged and said his character would sell the drugs and make more money. So now he was not only betraying his pack he was pretty much in leage with the werewolves sworn enemy. Anyway I didn't make this easy for Rob. He tried to explain how his character holds the other characters at bay with his pistol while he simply scoops up the two briefcases and duffel bag. When I asked him how he would do that he was confused "What do you mean? I just pick them up with my free hand." I pointed out that it would be pretty tricky to pick up two briefcases and a duffel bag with only one hand, while keeping a pistol aimed, so I demanded a roll (with penalties). Rob shrugged, thinking he was awesome and nothing could go wrong. He failed, and ended up with his four ex-pack mates beating the crap out of him, stripping him nude, then using thier supernatural strength to bend metal chair legs around his body to tie him up. They then left him in the locked basement of the house. I was surprised they didn't just kill him, but one player commented they didn't want to stoop to his level.

Already long story short: Rob's character woke up while the police arrived at the house, turned into werewolf form and went on a rampage. Keeping to his idiotic MO he strolled down the public street as a blood and gore encrusted werewolf where he encountered a police firing line that, with the overwhelming firepower, blew away his character to kingdom come.

I never heard the end of it from Rob (we went to the same high school), but that was the last time we played with him (or even socialized). He tried to come back into the group but I vetoed it (I was the best GM in the group and had the majority rule).

So far Rob has been the only player I refused to game with, which is pretty impressive for 15 plus years on pen and paper gaming.

Jitters Caffeine:

Revnak:

Jitters Caffeine:

Heh, yeah my ass is everywhere. I believe I remember your avatar in there. Luckily we were able to reign in our "problem" before anyone did anything TOO crazy.

I won't lie and say I haven't been accused of some Class-A Munchkineering, but I've always kept my fellow players in mind. We all want to have fun, someone running around like an asshole in every fight isn't fun.

Precisely. What really matters is that nobody is hogging the limelight too much. I think it's important to remember to involve everyone and make sure nobody winds up excluded. Some games have balance issues that can make this difficult, but a good DM can work around that. What can never be fixed is a broken player.

We had a crazy druid player who rode a giant gorilla who he had an "intimate" relationship and also like other animals to join in on the fun, most of the time it was forced. Right at the beginning of the campaign he decided to rape the pack mule which died of shock and pissed off the player who spent his gold on it.

He died by my character's hand who was being mind controlled by a vampire, cleaved both him and his ape with a single swing of my greatsword.

In the one game I played, me and one of the other players had a competition to see who could preform the craziest kill. The results were entertaining. I killed a goblin with a frozen chicken, and he killed another one by crushing it with a door. I think we were both that guy.

There was this one guy in our group, his character was called Eli Tapioca. A gnomish bard who would've been the next Beklar Bitterleaf if he wasn't so hillariously bad at it. Don't get me wrong, he knew how to cause trouble, it's just that our DM is very good at making his actions come back and bite him on the ass. I lost count how many times he got mugged, or missed out on loot due to his Chaotic Stupid ways.

Eventually, the DM imposed a handicap on him. After our first "mission" (read: community service after we burned half the city down, long story) he was forced to wear this collar around his neck, with two long chains attatched to it. Anybody holding these chains could veto any action he did in order to keep him in line. Ah, good times.

Eventually, though, Eli ended up getting removed from the game (we had to restart the whole campaign, don't ask) and has since been replaced by a human Monk whose name escapes me. He still counts as THAT person in the group, but in a Chaotic Good kind of way, instead of his old Chaotic Stupid way. After all, that collar was HELL for him, he didn't want to face that kind of fate again.

I'm not going to post a long story that nobody is going to read, I'm just going to say something from what I believe.

The game is about having fun conversing with a group of friends. The universe of DnD is filled with wacky and crazy nonsense and magics.

So what I'm saying is that I encourage being out of the ordinary for pen and paper rpgs.

It was in Call of Cthulhu Masks of Nyarlathotep. We enter a room and there's this big, creepy throne in the middle of the room. So our "special player" says "I go over and sit on the throne." My first thought was, "He didn't just say he was going to sit on the throne, did he?" My second thought was, "Maybe if we pretend nothing happened the DM won't have heard what he said." I saw the other other players kind of tunelessly whistling and looking down at the floor. But the DM had heard. "So, you sit on the throne!" As Narly took over the player character's gibbering body, I actually made the first san roll. Even successfully making the roll, I still lost 25 san. Nobody else was left standing to make the second roll.

ArmorKingBaneGief:

Kyrian007:

Assuming 3.5 they probably handled encounters pretty bloody brutally considering that the cleric is one of the most powerful classes in 3.5.

OT: Well powerwise I would be that guy since I like optimizing but I'm usually the DM so that curbs it a little bit. But what I do have in my group is a player that makes the weirdest choices and creates characters that are so incredibly weak that I often have a problem balancing encounters so they are a challenge for the rest of the group while not slaughtering him.

Example build would be a a rogue/swashbuckler focusing on charisma that spent two of his feats on glowing in the dark (and doing 1d4 damage to undead) and using a single rapier. This is without a way to move and get full attack reliably and almost never getting a sneak attack off. In a party with a druid, sorcerer and a swordsage.

"That guy" can be controlled as a player, but you haven't seen anything before "that guy" tries his luck in the DM chair.
I won't go into details, but i'll say that it was D&D 3.5, and he had gotten his hands on a couple of PDF's with a full list over 3.5's playable races, core and prestigue classs, class options and to our dread; a full list of templates.
BTW, we saw some homebrew'd shit as well on our short, short lived campaign.
It lasted just 2-3 hours before we gave up.

DrgoFx:
Person in my group trying to break the rules...? Well, in all honesty I would say that's me. Back in my WoW days, during Lich King, I played a Troll Warrior tank breed. I had a friend locally and we were part of a guild. First guild raid I was in, everyone was preparing and my friend and I, who is a girl btw, got a brilliant idea. She healed me as I swarmed as much aggro as I could, then I ran towards the group of guildies. This was the mic chatter:

"...Where's Drgo and Drossie?"
"Coming."
"...What were you tw-"
"RUN FOR YOUR LIVES."
"...Drgo. Drossie. The fuck did yo-...Oh you little brats..."

So yeah. That was fun. Total whipe.

How very off-topic of you. I believe he was asking about "That guy" in "DnD" not "WoW".

OT: Sadly in my first RPG days that was our DM. And everyone else was just super unexperienced and I did not know of any other groups. Sorry but if you are playing a fantasy setting and you meet exact clones of Darth Maul, Sephiroth and every other final fantasty character or crap from other games you tend to get pissed off and want to kill yourself for putting up with it. Eventually stopped playing with them because it was so fucking ridiculous.

I never played D&D but I do know the dungeon master has complete control over the story.
can,t you throw a lightning bolt at his character?

Well... my guild of friends is based on a semi-religious following of a demonic rabbit from Monty Python's Holy Grail. Our characters all have ridiculous, tongue in cheek back stories, and most of them are related to each other... even across different games.

So I guess we're all those guys :)

We didn't bat an eyelid at someone wanting to make a half-tree, half moose were-cow. It was tricky to build rules around, but it worked well in the end, with some interesting stuff happening down in the Underdark. Our bard and cleric kept having to cast light so he wouldn't starve to death, and once a month we all got free milk!

We even crafted a Bunny Bible for our guild, reputedly first inscribed in blood on leaves of cabbage. Some pages are missing, with teeth marks on others showing that they went to a greater cause.

We're silly gamers, but that's just what we like to role play... Mad Hatters and March Hares all. Particularly March Hares.

Cute but psycho- it evens out.

I was that guy. The DM allowed me to play a Minotaur back in the AD&D days, but I was limited to warrior types. I chose fighter. Essentially, I was a tank and played as such. Thanks to how the rules were worded back then, the only way you could hurt me was by rolling an 16 or better on a d20. By the time the campaign ended, the DM was pissed off at me. I was doing the Leeroy Jenkins thing and slaughtered legions of enemy combatants and unlike Leeroy, I lived.

The Dm tried to hinder me by exclaiming that Minotaur specific magical items were rarely stocked in the dungeon. That was fine for me because, at the time, magic amulets and rings increased their size to fit the wearer. Also, we were fighting a lot of big things, so I can use their weapons. The rest of the group pissed the DM off by pooling their gold and purchasing me some custom fitted magical full plate armor. I was not the best player, but I was the most useful.

Not D&D, but a german roleplaying game called "THe Black Eye".

We had a pretty grey group, with a witch (who usually hide their magic), a druid (pretty frowned upon class), a kind of rogue (the variant in this game is less like an assassin and more like a swashbuckling thief), and a mercenary whose main god was a rather ruthless (but not evil, just not all nice and justice) one.

Fifth player came, and made a character. He insisted on making a particular kind of cleric, a Praios cleric. Praios is the god of justice, truth, and anti-magic. They are usually portrayed as goody-two-shoes-never-lie, and this player took the cake. He tried to imprison both druid and witch for casting spells (not illegal, and in the case of my witch he only knew she had casted a spell because of metagaming), and tried to arrest the rogue for entering the house of a suspect. For a murder case that we couldn't solve otherwise.

Lessay that nobody was happy with him, and the party ended up ditching him one night. The question being: Why did the player even do it? It was just disruptive. It wasn't fun for anyone.
It pretty much ruined the session, and even the GM apologized for approving the character in the first place. Still.

cjspyres:

I was the kind of person who tried to come up with odd solutions to RP problems.

Example: We were fighting a young ice dragon in a cave made of ice. I asked if there were icicles on the ceiling? When DM said yes, I used Ice Plane to levitate myself and our warrior up to the largest one. He cut off the icicle, I used Mana Ray to turn it into a death laser. Two action points, and a combined roll of 68 on 4 D20s resulted in a REALLY fucked up dragon. We burned its wing off, and left it with less than 6 HP.

Example two: We were fighting kobolds, and I asked their weight. When DM asked me why, I said it was important. He said 3 lbs. I used Grab Object, lifted a kobold that was a foot away into the air, stuck my sword out, and repeatedly moved him back and forth on the sword, since I was allowed to move him 10 feet. BEST D&D MOMENT EVER.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked