12.7% (15)
Thief
13.6% (16)
13.6% (16)
Engineer
14.4% (17)
14.4% (17)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: What Guild Wars 2 Profession Will You Choose?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Due to the imminent release of Guild Wars 2 Beta to those who buy collector's edition on April 12, what professions are the most anticipated among my fellow Escapists?

Warrior- 'nuff said
Mesmer- Illusion based class based on condition afflictions, crowd-control.
Guardian- Paladin-esque support class that are also effective in a fight.
Elementalist- Magic class based on the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water/Ice.
Necromancer- Magic class based on the use of death to strengthen themselves and weaken others.
Ranger- The hunter-equivalent that is both Melee and Ranged based as well as Pet use.
Thief- The subterfuge class used largely for PvP but are effective for solo use as well.
Engineer- The gadget-based, versatile class that accesses different "kits" for different specs.

I will choose a Guardian, and as I said in my other poll, roll a Norn and kickass in the WvWvW as a were-bear!

Ranger.
When I played GW1 my first character was Ranger/Warrior and I had an idea in my head that I was going to be absolutely immense with a bow but also somewhat decent with close range weapons.
Unfortunately that wasn't the case, you had to be very specific with builds to be of any use and diversifying essentially gimped you.

The GW2 ranger in theory is exactly what I wanted, immense with a bow but able to deal out punishment at close range. The idea of wielding a great sword to great effect gives me a slight tingling in my testicles, although primarily I prefer doing ranged damage and making the most out of good positioning.

I'm still 50/50 about having a pet, hopefully it'll be implemented in a way where it doesn't detract from player skill but I'm not entirely convinced yet.

Ele! PHEAR MY PRE-NERF SLIVER ARMOR!

Charr Engineer. They had me at "Flamethrower kit". The pistols and turrets and overcoats and whatnot certainly helped, but mainly, it's the flamethrower.

*Fwwwwooooosh!!*

The little... what are they, Asura things? Anyway, one of those as a warrior with a two handed sowrd/rifle weapon set(s).

Necro MM forever.

I haven't decided yet, i'll probably do what I've done in other mmo's and just make one of each class, although since different weapons and weapon combos give each class different abilities it will be challenging to find the setup I prefer

Engineer, because bombs, also I like setting traps and this class seems like the one that's going to have this stuff, otherwise I'd go like always and use the Thief, but I think I'll go with Engineer this time.

I don't know quite what race I really want to use. Most likely human, but I will most definitely be making a Guardian, and after that, a Thief.

I was all set to get Guild Wars 2 after missing the vast majority of buzz for the prequel, having joined just as the game was declared dead. But I dunno now. I look into it and the class PvP system looks so... mechanical. It's hard to put my finger on. A rough metaphor would be something like buying the deathmatch mode and only the deathmatch mode for Call of Duty; it's this whole construct to get together and rub pixels together to see who did it the best. It all feels incomplete and under construction. Almost like someone made a mod for a Neverwinter Nights and expects people to pay full price for it. It's a game by definition, but feels entirely joyless and mechanical in execution.

It's difficult to word it right but either way it's a bit of a bummer for me.

Elementalist, for me if the caster class is not enjoyable then something is deeply wrong with the game.
Might make an engineer just for giggles sake and see what all the excitement is all about.

Jaeke:
Due to the imminent release of Guild Wars 2 Beta to those who buy collector's edition on April 12, what professions are the most anticipated among my fellow Escapists?

Warrior- 'nuff said
Elementalist- Magic class based on the powers of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water/Ice.
Necromancer- Magic class based on the use of death to strengthen themselves and weaken others.
Ranger- The hunter-equivalent that is both Melee and Ranged based as well as Pet use.
Thief- The subterfuge class used largely for PvP but are effective for solo use as well.
Engineer- The gadget-based, versatile class that accesses different "kits" for different specs.

I will choose a Guardian, and as I said in my other poll, roll a Norn and kickass in the WvWvW as a were-bear!

I just preordered the Collector's Edition =D

Thinking a human elementalist, as a nice continuation of my previous character.
Still a bit disappointed no real warmage type idea (meh, before someone else says it, I see guardians as more paladins than warmages), but seeing that I could summon a bow for my elementalist (in a addition to a massive facking lightning hammer) sort of made that concern moot.

Elementalist I like to go for the glass cannon and nuke everything, that's what I did in GW1 and that still my favorite character. Though I also enjoyed creating hordes with my necromancer. Either way I'll probably play a charr, and I love the female charr design.

eventhorizon525:
Thinking a human elementalist, as a nice continuation of my previous character.
Still a bit disappointed no real warmage type idea (meh, before someone else says it, I see guardians as more paladins than warmages), but seeing that I could summon a bow for my elementalist (in a addition to a massive facking lightning hammer) sort of made that concern moot.

It's probably a bad thing that I saw the words "lightning hammer" and thought "25e, 2s, 4sr"

Female Sylvari Thief, Cycle of Night, saw the wild huntsman. Dagger-Dagger/ Shortbow, based around hit and run tactics by applying a load of conditions then stealthing/shadowstepping/rolling out, allowing my allies to clean them up while I hit them again.

Also Caithe>Killeen.

I was a badass elementalist in GW1. Will I remake him? probably.

My main on the other hand is going to be a combination of shit people won't probably use.

Norn guardian with bird form that uses scepter/torch as weapons.

Giant bird man that summons spirit weapons? Hells yea.

Charr necromancer.

In any mmo, I always roll the bestial race (if there are any) and a pet class... that being said, I was wrestling on whether to roll a necro or engineer for a brief time. But, I have a soft spot in my heart for dark magics and skeletal minions. Also, charr seem to be the go-to engineer type, and I wanna be a little different. :P (Also, their fur and tails could get snagged in all those moving parts... Khajiit thinks this would be most unpleasant. /:3)

Engineer sounds fun, but mine's gonna be an asura, methinks. Then probably an asura mesmer and a charr guardian... those are the only two races I really care about, and the only four classes that sound fun to me. So there. XD

Mesmer or thief, human or slyvari. Mesmer was my main character in GW1, but thief also looked pretty interesting from the gameplay videos.

I'm going to be a guardian since I was a monk in GW and considering I prided myself on actually being a good monk I figured I would dedicate myself to the monk's replacement. Though I do plan on trying everything out a guardian will most certainly be my main.

Hard to say. My main has been a dervish ever since I got Nightfall, so I've got to do some heavy adapting no matter what I choose. Right now, I guess I'm most curious about the mesmer due to how much it seems to have changed from its prior incarnation, but I really haven't decided.

Mesmer forever. I shall NEVER die in PVP!!

I'm looking forward to GW2 sooooo much. can't wait till the 8th when I can pre-order.

Norn Engineer probably. Who doesn't like them? They can push and pull people around, send flaming walls and burn people to a crisp.

Plus they make booms. It's the results of a 3-way between the TF2 Engineer, Demo-man and Pyro, all while the Medic peeped at them through the one-way mirror.

Whats not to like?

Guardians because Guardians are awesome, seem to have the best set of support abilities in the game from what I've seen.

No clue.

My favorite class was the Dervish with all it's fun enchantment manipulation. So far as I know, none of the GW2 classes are running with this kind of build.

My favorite build was a Warrior/Ranger poisoned Axe build. It proved extremely successful but I could never find a group because it wasn't a staple.

I'm thinking Elementalist looks to be fairly straight forward though and so I'll vote for it today.

On day 1 i'll be making a Sylvari Necro, a Human Thief, a Human Mesmer and a Human Ele...not sure which i'll end up going with as my first main, I assume once I start playing with each a favourite will emerge.

Still playing my Necrosis Mesmer a few times a week to finish off my Hall of Monuments...should be just about done by the time the game gets released :)

All of them.

My first will be a sylvari mesmer, though, so I'll choose mesmer for the poll.

Starting with Sylvari Thief.
Stabby-Stabby-stealth-STAB.

ResonanceSD:

Jaeke:

Warrior- 'nuff said

I envy you!
I recently spent about 80$ on Airsoft equipment and didn't realize about the Collector's until it was too late :(

Jaeke:

ResonanceSD:

Jaeke:

Warrior- 'nuff said

I envy you!
I recently spent about 80$ on Airsoft equipment and didn't realize about the Collector's until it was too late :(

Yeah I recently had a brain snap and spent a shitload of money on gaming stuff. A replica portal gun, valve merch, and now this.

I played a Warrior in Guild Wars. Switched between W/Mo, W/Rt and W/A for soloing. I'll probably end up going for Guardian and rolling out with the items I've unlocked for GW2.

I remember playing a Warrior/Necromancer in GW1 and sometimes failing, sometimes feeling absolutely awesome. I never even did PvP, I got stuck on this one bit an dnever got further. I really should go back and finish that game, but no one plays it anymore, as far as I'm aware. If others do still play it, please do correct me.

Guardian.

I almost always play heavy damage dealers in MMOs, its getting old. And easy. Stand at the back and spam one spell, occasionally throw a different one in.

Apparently you wont be able to do that with any class in GW2, but we will see.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Guardian.

I almost always play heavy damage dealers in MMOs, its getting old. And easy. Stand at the back and spam one spell, occasionally throw a different one in.

Rodgorts Invocation, Searing Flames, Glowing gaze, lava arrows, everything's dead. =D

ResonanceSD:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Guardian.

Rodgorts Invocation, Searing Flames, Glowing gaze, lava arrows, everything's dead. =D

Meh.

I dunno man, to whoever has played the beta; whats the most challenging class? Recently played WoW again and everythings ridiculously easy, to the point where its taken a large amount of fun out of the game. And other MMOs seem to be following suit. Its almost impossible to fail dungeons even if you try. I mean, seriously. Me and a friend beat one alone the other day, and it was slightly above our level. (He plays Paladin aka WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE HEALS AND HEALTH and I play arcane mage, aka WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THIS ARCANE BLAST.)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked