I'm a billionaire and I'm giving you the money to make your dream game!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Starik20X6:
Can I break up the money over multiple projects? Or can you fund all my ideas? I'm not sure which one to pour money into first...

As many projects as you can think of, mate!

Now while I believe that idea would make an extremely epic game that I would definitely play, there are definitely a few fatal flaws in that plan. Unfortunately there are a vast majority of douchebags who would just forsake everything the commander tells them. Then you would have the commanders who would have no damn clue what they're doing and send their troops to certain defeat. It's a great concept but it's a concept where the player base can drastically make or break the game.

HL2 EP3

Then donate the remaining money to the 'orphaned by WoW front' to save the poor kids who have been neglected due to WoW.
See here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2634-World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm

Oh man! I never really had an idea in mind. Hmm...I guess I'd make a game like Fallout 3 or Skyrim that takes place in a more modern setting, something GTA 4. Where it plays like Skyrim only with cars and in a city where you can access most if not all buildings. I'd get a top notch company to put it together, Bethesda games are always way too glitchy, so I'd invest lots of money into playtesting and creating a new, better and more flexible engine to run the thing in. Not totally sure on who I would have write it yet, I'd have to look into it before making a decision. I imagine it being a little restrictive in some areas, in order to make the story flow better, the tutorial type early levels would take place while your character was still in high school. Also it would be cool if there was some type of multiplayer mode, not attached to the main game but like a smaller story that has to be played in co-op.

Hey Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, Joshua Eric Sawyer and Feargus Urquhart. Want to make a Fallout game?

Fappy:
With a billion dollars? Holy shit.

Uh....

In pr-eproduction we would establish a unique and awesome science fiction universe with tons of professional sci fi writers in on it. From there we'd embark on the most ambitious WRPG ever created: An open-world, co-op, space opera, first person action RPG with the most dynamic quest system ever created with insane amounts of narrative tangents for said quest lines. Blow a few mill on hiring on the best voice talent there is and make sure every single NPC you spend any decent amount of time with is a unique and believable person. Also, make some important NPCs develop with your character and the narrative in a realistic and satisfying manner. The ultimate goal would be to make the ultimate role playing experience to end all RPGs.

Production time: 5-8 years minimum.

So, Mass Effect as Intended?

OT: An MMO zombie survival horror game, similar in some respects to an upgraded Urban Dead.

Zen Toombs:

Fappy:
With a billion dollars? Holy shit.

Uh....

In pr-eproduction we would establish a unique and awesome science fiction universe with tons of professional sci fi writers in on it. From there we'd embark on the most ambitious WRPG ever created: An open-world, co-op, space opera, first person action RPG with the most dynamic quest system ever created with insane amounts of narrative tangents for said quest lines. Blow a few mill on hiring on the best voice talent there is and make sure every single NPC you spend any decent amount of time with is a unique and believable person. Also, make some important NPCs develop with your character and the narrative in a realistic and satisfying manner. The ultimate goal would be to make the ultimate role playing experience to end all RPGs.

Production time: 5-8 years minimum.

So, Mass Effect as Intended?

OT: An MMO zombie survival horror game, similar in some respects to an upgraded Urban Dead.

It's more of Mass Effect as intended married to a TES style open world (or galaxy I suppose).

Copy X, the biggest current game, and release it's source code to the public domain.

I'd ask you to save THQ, Relic and such and revive the Dark Millenium MMO.

my RPG concept in a full 3D Elder Scrolls style engine
-or-
a mech sim game where you can pilot famous mechs (Gundam,Megas XLR,Mazinger,etc.) and also customize your mechs (custom weapons,paintjobs,etc.) with both a online multiplayer and a single player story.

Lilani:
A Kingdom Hearts MMORPG.

A million times this!

As for my game, I'd like to make a fpSWORDFIGHTING game! Well think Call of Duty and all the other FPS's but only bows/crossbows/swords/axe/plate armor etc.

A RTSFPS Stratagey game with maps the size of Earth and space combat.
Because it would be frikken cool!

A tactics game based on ctf with dnd characters. You design and equip the characters and set some on defense and some on offense, group some into teams if you want, set traps if you want. 10 characters per side.

I'd prolly go for an open world sandbox MMO. Something where the world actually felt alive, had an ecosystem, and no quest givers beyond the introduction to the game. You start in a camp with a few NPC's and are given the tools to build an entire world for yourself. Think minecraft meets WoW.

I would buy the rights to Futurama from Fox, and then make a Futurama game in the style of Mass Effect, but with more open exploration, some Uncharted/Tomb Raider style platforming and puzzle solving depending on the missions & characters, and a bunch of space combat.

I've had a game in my head (and a prototype) for a while.

Force Unleashed 1 style action game about Valkyries.

A cross between Pokemon: Black and Skyrim.

Alternatively, a game adaptation of At The Mountains Of Madness, like the Guillermo Del Toro film that never got made.

Battlefront 3 and an actual Chrono Trigger sequel.

I've had an idea knocking around my head for a while.

An MMORPG (or maybe just an RPG) set in India in the 1700s and 1800s. You could play a mercenary and fight for the British or Marathas or French or whatever, or you be a businessman with the East India Companies, or you could be some kind of explorer, or anything in between. You could even carve out mini empires for yourself and set up your own East India companies, sort of like with corporations in EVE Online. You could even have a sort of MMORPG/RTS crossover for big battles between companies (or maybe for interfering in historical battles - what could have happened if the Marathas had had a few regiments of well trained European mercenaries at Assaye?)

That could be a pretty good game.

Either a martial arts action RPG with a big focus on Wing Chun and JKD or...

A magical girl action RPG!

Mostly because I've been so into Precure lately and that I've never played a magical girl RPG and I've always wanted to play one.

I would most likely try and create an Open-World MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) or an Open World FPS for all platforms with CryEngine 3. Or maybe make my own "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" MMORPG.

MMORPG - Like Fable or Kingdoms of Avalur: Reckoning except with an open world. And you can JUMP!

FPS - Chaotic. Nuff' said.

Does it have to be a game? Because i'd use my money to make my very own ecchi yuri yaoi slice of life anime... my tastes are rather odd in anime :3...

If it has to be a game then i'd make a game with hidden, randomized values, although the values would have some form of balancing, so the game isn't completely chance.

Basically I don't want people to know what their character is or does until they use them.

I would give the money to Nintendo and ask for a HD Zelda title. :)

Or imagine a competitive online battle simulator with the Skyward Sword controls, with an improved Wii remote (more precision). We really need a game with sword and bow/arrow battles like the current FPS games.
Also, several classes.
Archer, Warrior, Rough/Assassin.
Archer would have some really limited melee attacks and great raged capabilities.
Warrior would have great melee attacks, armor and blocking capabilities (imagine blocking an arrow with your Master Sword. Screams BADASS!)
And rough/assassin would have some great backstabing attacks, some mediocre ranged attacks (trowing knifes, shuriken...) and the best of all, a freaking grappling hook!!!

The game should be on the PC.
This will make it easier for the Archer and a bit easier for the rough.
But you would use the motion controls for the warrior class for better sword fighting.

I can already see some epic battles. 2 warrior fighting a sword battle. A rough uses his grappling hook to move fast behind one of them. As he is about to backstab his target, a precise arrow hits him in his arm preventing him from finishing his attack.

He jumps back, trows 3 shuriken at the archer. The archer trows him self to avoid them, but is till hit in the leg. The cunning rough uses that moment to aim his grappling hook at the top of a nearby house and runs away.

The at the same moment, 1 warrior decapitates his nemesis. He goes and helps his allied archer to stand up and move to the nearest camp to heal the wounds.

Here's my game; You give a bunch of men and they runaround and rub their testicles on each others faces.
Include voice-chat so they can scream 'faggot' at each other constantly, regardless if they're winning, losing or waiting for the game to start.
Anyone can host and said host has the power to kick people out of games at any time just to be a douchbag.
Make it so graphically intense, you have to overclock your $10,000 rig just to run it on low settings (like the pros do anyway).
Add a redundant points system and rank them from highest to lowest. The top 10 people should be visible.

Give everyone a gun and call it a FPS. Millions of dollars returned profit.
Penis shaped map.

An XCOM style game where the player leaders the survivors of a mushroom-like zombie infestation (I had the idea before that new PS3 game! I swear! Besides, my mushroom zombies would be way better, they'd look like people infected with Cordyceps fungus [pic], rather than people who turning into mushrooms for some reason), based in an alternate 1980s where the US didn't enter WW2, and the Cold war happened between the USSR and the Japanese Empire! D=

I can haz money now? Would it help if I told you I was a Nigerian banker? =p

I'd be making the game I've been creating in my head for about the past 4 years. Or that other one I came up with shortly after reading "Crime and Punishment."

The first is a third person stealth (no-contact stealth) game set in present day. (probably alternate universe though, I'd get in a lot of trouble if I went with actual countries) The game mainly revolves around finding and delivering information relating to a conspiracy surrounding the war two neighbouring countries are in to the masses. (I'm being vague intentionally by the way, this is all far more thought out than I'm making it seem. I'd go into character details too, but yeah, trying to be vague) The story will change somewhat based on how many times you're detected by the enemy.

The second one, being even more vague, as I've had less time to think about this one, is about people with god-like powers. The main theme is that one man can change the world, specifically, how that is stupid and dangerous. Also, space fist-fights are planned. Expect DBZ references.

I would split the money you gave me into two groups. The first I would use to bribe Bethesda into making TES VI: Elsweyr instead of their rumored MMO of which I'm afraid of. They wouldn't get the money if they disallowed Khajiit marriage again or gave us PC players the same awful menus as the console though!

If I had enough money left after that, I would attempt further bribery of Bioware and petition them to -finally- make Shattered Steel 2! Although, with Bioware's current track record, I would require being a consultant on that game's development. Couldn't have EA's influence ruining yet another classic series I love. *sadfaic*

Not very original I know, but this is what I want!

Epicspoon:
how about turning Homestuck into a video game once it's finished?

Forget homestruck, the only webcomic that deserves a AAA game is this

It would be... beutiful.

My game:

A sci-fi FPS set around 100 years in the future about WW3. It would have huge scale battles in both multiplayer and singleplayer with lots of players/units on screen at once. Singleplayer AI should only be scripted in story sequences; also no QTEs. Completely destructible terrain/architecture, far beyond what Battlefield and other games do now. Large but 100% original weapon and vehicle selection with extensive customization in multiplayer/co-op and pre-mission loadout selection in singleplayer (when it fits with the story). Jets would control like Ace Combat because I freakin' love those games, other controls would be basically standard FPS fare.

It would have a long and story driven, not setpiece driven, campaign (at least 15 hours on the lowest difficulty) with good writing, characters, etc. Throughout the campaign you would play as soldiers on both sides of the war and around the world (maybe a mission on the moon too, because why not). You would have at least one mission where you get to drive/fly every basic type of vehicle, not just on-rails sections (looking at you BF3). I actually thought of some story ideas but nothing cohesive so I won't bother typing them out.

Multiplayer's basic style would be class-based and teamplay-oriented with 5 classes (Assault, Engineer, Support, Medic, & Sniper). Each class for each would be a 'character' and fully customizable, not just for equipment, but also gender, appearance, and face.
Multiplayer's flagship mode would have very big battles (100 vs. 100 or so). Each team would be subdivided into 4 25-man platoons, each with objectives at different parts of the map. Other platoons' objectives would be listed as secondary objectives that could be done after all of yours were completed. Each platoon would be further divided into 5 5-man squads, a la Battlefield.

Edit: Singleplayer would have some awesome stealth sections too. Not just the normal stuff where it's basically the same thing with a suppressor on your gun, but more intense parts. For example, you could be playing as a member of a resistance group where your weapon is a crappy .22 rifle or something and you have to sneak through part of a city fighting actual soldiers that would dominate you in straight-up combat.

Either that or Star Wars: Battlefront 3.

An awesome game.

That is both my mission statement and my sales pitch.
I'll be taking money now.

Pokemon game with high quality JRPG style graphics(Think something along the lines of some of the more recent tales of games.) and optional more 2D-ish graphics that can work on a 3d plane (sort of similar to black and white but with fuller looking characters) that might be a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Full free world to roam that contains all 5 world and then some with an optional story mode and story pieces that can be activated by going to certain places. Optional mmo world, option for both traditional turn-based battles, and real-time battles where you control the Pokemon that gets called out with a standard physical attack and then 4 special attack and you can interact with the environment ([i.e., if there were a tree you could run up it if capable or knock it down, you could freeze flood or burn the terrain... unrealistic etc) and you get to customize your character, you know, the standard idea for a Pokemon that every Pokemon fan thinks of at some point.

A true follow up to Hexen: Beyond Heretic. It was a formative game of my childhood that I solved countless times with my best friend while listening to obscene amounts of Manowar.

It was LEGEN------DARY!

No game since have I enjoyed so much. The confusing level design, the portals....the atmosphere....the fantastic weapons...the classes....oh man....it was brilliant. Hexen 2 was ok, but it didnt capture me nearly as much as Hexen.

I want a new one.

Someone already said KotOR 3. But I'd still love to see that made.

Barring that, I'd like to do something like "Star Wars: Smuggler". It would be set between the prequel and original Star Wars trilogies. You would take the role of a smuggler, start your career, build up your personal fortune and become a crime boss or help start the Rebellion or something in between.

Its core systems would include first or third person shooting (with some melee mixed in, a la ME3), some kind of simplified flight simulation/combat (nothing too complicated, but not a rail-shooter, either. Think the old X-Wing and TIE fighter games) and dialogue/interaction with NPCs (a la Bioware RPGs).

It would NOT include Jedi or Sith, except perhaps as enemies/contacts. I think it would be nice to explore the "Han Solo" part of the Star Wars universe for a change. It would also NOT involve Darth Vader or the Emperor as the main villains. Those are for someone else's story. There are plenty enough ideas for original villains to have to resort to 'cameos' to draw in an audience.

Though I haven't played it, I guess SW:TOR KIND of has this campaign for its smuggler and/or bounty hunter characters. Even so, I'd like something set in the 'Classic' Era.

The Living Dead

Taking a direct cue from the "...Living Dead" movies, but weeding out any constricting theme...

I'd make the best zombie/survival game ever created.

It would run on Rockstar's GTA/RDR engine, with a Fallout 3 style world.

Features:
-Cars. You'd need to keep them supplied with gas. They're not throw-away like in GTA, a running, road worthy car is a precious commodity in this world. If your group wants to travel, you'll need to collect/repair as many cars as needed.

-Animals. Horses to ride, animals to hunt for food.

-Thirst, hunger, need for sleep and medicine. Emerging game play is key here. Sometimes you will need to go out hunting or attempt to raid a possible supply cache (or even another survivor camp) because you simply ran out of provisions.

-Decision/consequence system. Every major decision you make matters. Decide to take over as leader of your survivor group? Better hope you know what you're doing, you could get somebody killed. Think Rick in The Walking Dead. Maybe you decide to lead your group to a military base, only to find out it's overrun. Better hope you can escape!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked