Will you seriously stop buying Bioware?
Absolutely. I'm committed.
10% (38)
10% (38)
Yes, not unless they make some changes around here.
17.2% (65)
17.2% (65)
Probably, but I was never good at controlling myself...
2.6% (10)
2.6% (10)
Depends on their next game, really.
35.6% (135)
35.6% (135)
I don't really care about ME3, so no.
9.5% (36)
9.5% (36)
If anything, this debacle is an incentive to buy more Bioware!
14.5% (55)
14.5% (55)
Other
9.8% (37)
9.8% (37)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Will you stop buying Bioware?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

First of all, I am sincerely sorry for having to add another ME3 thread to the mountainous pile that already exists. I was just curious though: after all this bad press, a lot of people are now saying they will no longer buy from Bioware. I've always doubted whether boycotting (or anything similar) actually works, so here's a poll to see how many people are actually going to stop buying Bioware?

P.S: Please answer truthfully; as in don't say "Hell no I'm not buying!" then find yourself pre-ordering ME -Online Wars- or something. Only vote for what you really think will end up doing.

EDIT: Sorry about the confusing title, should be fixed now.

I will not be purchasing a Bioware game or product, until I am sure 100% that it will satisfy me completely.

Ive been called an Entitled Idiot by the after purchasing their product, so yeah that doesnt put them on my preferred producer list.

If the next game is Kotor 3 then I will buy the game regardless. If it is another mass effect game I will not buy it, at least not until we can get some closure from Shepard's story.

My girlfriend and I have been Bioware pre-orderers for many years now. She recently made ME3 her first ever Collector's Edition purchase. We've bought all their DLC, and I've even bought ME1 three times because I kept misplacing the disk.

If the ME3 debacle isn't resolved in some fashion that I consider satisfying, those pre-orders and launch day purchases and collector's editions will become $10 digital download sales day purchases a year or more after release, if I buy at all, and the DLC can go rot in a hole. At that point, I just won't trust their ability to tell me a story without fucking it up and breaking their dick at the finish line.

That depends entirely on what they do with this Mass Effect 3 mess. If they fix it, and if they fix it good, I'll forgive them. If they don't, then they are dead to me. I can't trust a company that destroyed one of my favorite video game series in less than 10 minutes.

I'm not going to buy a BioWare game if it continues to maintain the rotten standards as seen in Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3. If it's a good game, I'll buy it if it's in my interests.
Never not buy a game because of the company, but because of the game itself.

Very much depends on the game. The only BioWare series I am really into is Mass Effect, and now that that's pretty much done and dusted, so it very much depends on what they bring out next.

I'll always consider it though. Despite my issues with the gameplay of other BioWare games, no developer as ever sucked me into a story quite as well. Hell, I played Dragon Age for five hours past the gameplay becoming boring and dull, just for the story. So I'll always keep a close eye on BioWare games.

If it interests me, yeah. They can't have as big a fuck up as Mass Effect 3's ending again... can they?
CAN THEY?!

ME3 didn't convince me to stop buying from Bioware. I already quit over the marketing nonsense in the run-up to the DA2 launch--and that game turned out to be less than most of its fans were expecting as well.

I'd love to buy Bioware.
I'll have to settle for buying a copy of their games.

Accidently voted for "Absolutely, I'm committed", when I wanted to vote for the exact opposite.

Of course, they typically make the sort of game I enjoy most.

If they make a good game, I'll buy it. That hasn't happened that much recently, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future.

If Dragon Age 3 gets good fan reviews...then yes.

But aside from that..no. Dragon Age died with DA2 and Mass Effect 3's ending killed that off for me.

Other companies deserve my money...like CDProjekt who actually respect their fans (and can make a better RPG anyway)

I swore off them after Dragon Age 2 and I haven't bought ME3 or TOR, and I won't be.

If they stop using origin and stop basically making their games DLC platforms I'll happily come back.

Sorry but this thread question reeks so hard of brand-fandom. I never bought a game just because of a brand on it and I refuse to buy games from specific brands *cough Ubisoft* because they would add more frustration to my life than fun (DRM / Horrific ports). I don't even bought the Left 4 Dead games (and I am a big Valve fan) until they were on sale and the orange box was accuired about one year before TF2 went f2p.

So basically: I always inform myself WHAT I'm spending my money on. DA:O was not worth more than lending it from a friend, DA2 wasn't worth any money from me at all (like DA:O), ME was accuired during a sale after I played ME2 (also sale purchase). So: I won't buy Bioware titles but just for the sole reason that the last time Bioware told a story I definded as even worth remembering was in Baldurs Gate 2. After that? ME2 and DA:O are basically the same and since KOTOR every game was a bland piece of crap with the only redeemable things being your squadmates and the rather funny and interesting dialogue between them.

Your thread title and poll question don't match up. You don't know which one people will answer when they use the poll.

Yes, I am going to point this out every single time someone does it.

boag:
I will not be purchasing a Bioware game or product, until I am sure 100% that it will satisfy me completely.

Ive been called an Entitled Idiot by the after purchasing their product, so yeah that doesnt put them on my preferred producer list.

Same here. I'll wait a week or six, or maybe even 6-10 months before I buy a game of theirs that I might be interested in. And I'll keep an eye on the fan reviews rather than the journalist reviews before I buy it.

Never again going to buy Collectors Edition stuff from BioWare. (Which I was going to do this time, but for no apparent reason the Best Buy store I pre-ordered it from was not carrying the collectors edition at all, so I couldn't buy it. But I was gung-ho to buy it; even bought the pre-order as a Christmas gift, along with the three novels, for Mrs. Makt since she is the real fan in the household. I'm just the loudmouthed one.) Not going to pre-order again. Won't pick up the minor packages (extra appearance packages, for example) for instance. They've lost my business (likely forever) for minor things like this, thanks to the ME3 debacle.

But full games? I'll decide one game at a time.

I don't understand the question, quite frankly. I mean, if a game is absolutely fantastic, I'm sure as hell not going to avoid buying it just because of who made it, am I? I'm not going to deny myself the pleasure of a great game just because I don't like the company that made and/or published it. Heck, I bought Anno 2070, didn't I?

Conversely, I'm certainly not going to buy a steaming piece of shit just because it's made by a company I love. And indeed; I didn't buy RAGE.

Yeah, I seriously doubt I'm done with them. They make games that I love. So unless they just release MMOs or first-person shooters from now on, I still see me enjoying their games.

i have yet to buy and play ME3 but after that i will have to see

If TOR goes free to play I'll play that, otherwise I won't. DA2 was awful, and I don't care what anyone says I'm not getting my hopes up for 3. ME3 doesn't have to be discussed.

Why can't people make a simple Thread/Poll that go hand in hand? If your answer to the thread title is yes then your answer to the poll will be no. Stop doing this people! If you want to answer YES to the thread title then answer YES to the poll should be the same answer. This is the second thread with this exact same topic that can't seem to get it right. Stop invalidating your own polls.

Depends on the game really but after DA2(which I enjoyed up until the ending)and ME3(same as DA2)I doubt I'll be forking over €50 on launch day/week anymore.In future I'll probably wait until the games drop in price

Bioware is making games that attract the kind of people that don't like the kind of games that Bioware makes. All it does it hurt their fanbase and it completely shattered whatever trust I had in them for delivering an entertaining product. SO yeah, I'm not giving them any of my money.

How can they improve if I don't show my support when they make a good game? Of course they have to make a game I consider great first. None of their past titles made me trust them so I wouldn't buy anything full price, but if one perked my interest I'd buy it for $20.

Yeah. I'll bitch and I'll moan about buying Jade Empire 2 or Dragon Age 3 or whatever.

But I'll still fucking buy it.

Well now that Bioware is a development label for EA, not an actual developer, theres inevitably something that will get made under it that ill want to buy.

No opinons on Mass Effect 3 were had.

In short, I'm waiting for the Mass Effect 3 debacle to wrap itself up before deciding either way.

However, I am far closer to quitting Bioware than I ever thought possible. seriously, how hard would it have been to NOT make the last five minutes of a game invalidate the entire purpose of playing it?

Elcarsh:
I don't understand the question, quite frankly. I mean, if a game is absolutely fantastic, I'm sure as hell not going to avoid buying it just because of who made it, am I? I'm not going to deny myself the pleasure of a great game just because I don't like the company that made and/or published it. Heck, I bought Anno 2070, didn't I?

Conversely, I'm certainly not going to buy a steaming piece of shit just because it's made by a company I love. And indeed; I didn't buy RAGE.

This, i don't buy games based on loyalty to a company...i buy games that i find fun

The only series they had that I cared about was Mass Effect, so probably not. That really depends on what Bioware does regarding the ending.

Seeing as it's likely to be a Dragon Age title and I'm hungry for news about both the Warden and Hawke, yeah, most likely. Yeah they fudged up the ending for ME3, but that doesn't mean the whole thing was a waste. With any luck they'll learn from the misstep, and at worse I'll come back to the internet and bitch some more, but I bitch because I love. Hopefully they learn from the DA2 and ME3 problems about fixing the endings properly. In the words of Miracle of Sound, over one of Gav's favorite punching bags:

But we still had a lot of fun,
Please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you,
And we want you to be great.

Bioware still delivers on almost every account, so dropping them would just hurt me in the end.

ME3's ending sucked and DA2 was far worse, but I still have faith in Bioware.

HOLD THE LINE

I've never bought a bioware game to begin with, so this won't have any effect on me. But people will say they won't buy...until a shiny new game comes out.

edit

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked