If You Were a Boss In a Video Game What Would You Be?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Entertainment question here.

Try and explain what your attacks would be, how you would be defeated (you have to be defeatable), and any other quirks you'd have. You may want to write what type of game you would be in.

I would be one of those annoying bosses that run away from you, and you have to run up close before you could get a hit in. My weak spot would be my throat, but I have allergies and I swear my throat swelling up due to an allergy is how I'll be pushing up daisies.

I'd probably be in a platform or action adventure game, preferably a colourful one by SEGA.

Now, how about you?

I'd be one of the conversation bosses in Deus Ex: Human Revolutions. I'd say things, and you'd say things, and I'd say "hey, are you trying to influence me with pheromones, what the fuck, Adam", and you'd stab me in the heart.

I would be one of those hidden bosses that are stupidly overpowered and nearly impossible to beat but if you do you get some item that makes the final boss cake.

I'd be one of those annoying "bits'n'pieces" bosses that shows up in various genre's of games, so I can't pick a specific one.

By "bits'n'pieces" boss I mean a boss that has multiple weak spots that need to be destroyed in order to defeat him. With every one that gets destroyed, my attacks become faster and stronger, but the pattern stays the same and, if followed correctly, makes me a cake-walk...just tedious. :P

I'd be the final boss in a bullet hell shooter. My job would be to sit there with a massive healthbar and blanket the entire area with death. Because fairness is for pussies.

The only way to destroy me is to send ridonkulous amounts of bullets my way. My weakness is that my firepower comes in patters. Changing patterns, but patterns nonetheless. These can be learned with enough practice and perfect timing. You're still going to die. A lot.

I would be Marauder Shields. Never forget.

I'd be kind of like Mid-Boss from Disgaea.
I bring in a group of friends, rig the battlefield to my advantage, I fight against you, you beat me, I escape. Rinse and repeat, coming back a bit stronger after every subsequent encounter

i would be a boss with low health by incredible defense , making the strongest characters do little to no damage on me . i would occasionally heal myself to my opponents frustration and would cast reflect on my enemies to prevent them from healing. At 1/4 of my health , i will no longer heal myself but cast doom on the entire cast fighting agaist me, to up the ante. My weakness will change at every 10% health loss ( weather i heal or not ) . going from slashing attacks, to fire attacks, to peirce , to lightning , to crushing, to ice and repete from there .

I'd like to be a Final Fantasy-esque final boss in which I have super powerful and flashy attacks. But with regular healing and buffing, they are survivable. Basically a war of attrition is what it takes to beat me.

Oh, and I'll also use a random attack that inflicts all kinds of random status ailments that can mess you up sometimes.

I probably would be someone who you couldn't get near since you cannot defeat what you cannot hit in a brawler game.

Then the hero chucks a brick at my face and proceeds to punch my lights out.

Right now I'm feeling like one of those bosses that summons hordes of minions to do most of the dirty work. And then after you beat them I'd just surrender so you don't kill me. Ultimate laziness.

Claw guy from Streets of Rage because reasons!

The boss with the coolest soundtrack ever:

The difference between me and him is that my weakpoint would not glow, and I get an instakill animation where I grab you and bite you in half Skyrim style. Also, I'm pretty fucking hard, even on easy mode.

I would be "the Graham Stark" AKA the one who is wise enough to get the hell out of there before the hero shows up.

Either that or a conversation boss (either DX:HR or ME3 style)

I would be one of those invincible bosses that you "defeat" by putting away your weapons and walking past. Because if I'm gonna be a video game boss that has to be beatable, I wanna be the one type that doesn't actually die.

chimpzy:
I'd be the final boss in a bullet hell shooter. My job would be to sit there with a massive healthbar and blanket the entire area with death. Because fairness is for pussies.

The only way to destroy me is to send ridonkulous amounts of bullets my way. My weakness is that my firepower comes in patters. Changing patterns, but patterns nonetheless. These can be learned with enough practice and perfect timing. You're still going to die. A lot.

That's ok. I've been saving my bombs up for you :P

endtherapture:

He died for us. He is a true hero.

I would be the second to last boss who was your best friend throughout the game but who suddenly turns out to be evil the whole time. You would love my character for all the awesome ways he supported you throughout the main game, and then you would give a terrified sigh as I turned coat and used all my awesome powers against you. It would be heartbreaking at first, then you would lose a few times so it would be frustrating, then you would lose so many times you would despise my character and end up hating me. At the moment of my defeat, you would give a battle cry loud enough to wake your parents upstairs, as well as cause the neighbors to give concerned glances to each other. The cut scene after my death -- a montage of all our moments together as friends,our adventures -- would make you nostalgic and forlorn. Your emotions would be scattered and misplaced as mixed feelings of hate and love swirl about in your heart like a cotton candy machine filled with sugar and arsenic. Before I whimper my last breath, I would realize the evil of my ways, and give you the strength/power/weapon to defeat the final boss.

You'll beat the final boss with a tear from my defeat still drying in the corner of your left eye. It will be cathartic, climactic -- a bang followed by a whisper. As the credits roll for the game, you might not forgive me ... but you'll never forget me.

A boss in a survival horror game where you can almost never be prepared for me. Instant kills, takes away items from you and if I win then I steal everything you have stocked up and leave you in your undies so you have to get the average ending.

The way to beat me would be to give me some epic looking pajamas, which can only be found if you didn't kill a person in X part of the game, helped Y and fully talked to Z. Or lockpick or hack or break into a wardrobe that contains them.

I'm beatable in all situations, its just the best ending requires winning me to your side.

Super Speedy Glass Cannon.

Like a Nuke strapped to roadrunner.

Powerful attacks. Multiple targets. Powerful defenses,but slow. It'll be a marathon battle. Saving grace? Pre-determined attack cycle,just like Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII. I'm picturing...An artillery barrage. Or a wall of lead. Or,just maybe,a zweihander wielding monstrosity.

I would be an RTS boss that gets to control all the factions of the game, think the Chinese chick from Generals: Zero Hour. Mucking around with units and creating op combinations in games that let you use mind control is so fun.

Conrad Marburg from Alpha Protocol.

A suit-wearing badass who realises his employers are stark raving mad, but goes along with it to make money and laugh.

My kinda man.

(P.S. He wears gloves. At all times. This makes him like Agent 47. Your argument is invalid)

I would be that near end human sized boss that hits hard and stunlocks you. the only way to beat me is to use the counter and dodge moves you never used until now and will never use again.

Mysterio from Spiderman 2. Anyone who says otherwise is lying :P

SajuukKhar:
I would be one of those hidden bosses that are stupidly overpowered and nearly impossible to beat but if you do you get some item that makes the final boss cake.

Defiantly this. Something along the lines of a lone master warrior. I would have loads of attack pattens using all kinds of weapons. And shoot lazor beams. And have a zapdos. Just because.

SirBryghtside:
Mysterio from Spiderman 2. Anyone who says otherwise is lying :P

He was truly a terror.

I would like to be one of those JRPG bad guy fellows who join the good guys after being defeated and then becomes a member of the party. I'm on the side that wins.

I'd be a JRPG-style boss and have 2 forms. My first form would be piss easy to defeat, but then I'd transform into my second form and come down on you like a brick through a stain glass window.

endtherapture:

This. I'd fight for the gamer's sanity, but die because of an infinite-ammo pistol.

I'd be one of those bosses that stupidly runs at the player, who then dodges him and punches him in the back of the head.

Those bosses are fun :D

Typical human-sized-katana-wielding-speedy-boss, sorta like Virgil from DMC. I'd have these cheesy lines about the bigger picture or some megalomaniacal plan: "Don't you see!", "You have never understood the greater good" or "Your death will finalize my plan!" Maybe even a former friend of the protagonist turned evil.

I'd have many different attacks, but all with a fairly straightforward pattern. No real weakspot though. Maybe even toss in some duplicating/teleportation ability.

I would be in an action rpg. I would taunt the hero throughout the game only to leave when he gets close, maybe even beat him down a couple of times but not finish him because he is beneath me. I would be the same class as the hero so they would have to basically master their class in order to beat me.

Terramax:
Now, how about you?

I would be an optional classic DnD Demi-Lich that is silly overpowered with immunities and resistances while providing your victory with a just as silly overpowered item that makes the remainder of the game a cakewalk for Mages and Sorcerers alike.

You would probably find me in Baldurs Gate: Enhanced Edition, taking a beer with Kangaxx when not killing adventurers.

My attacks would consist of Imprisonment, Time Stop, Raise Dead and a save-or-die spell along with Melf's Minute Meteors.

I would be that boss which has multiple smaller enemy's protecting him for no reason, then when there defeated I come forward and constantly put poison and other ailments on my opponents while I heal myself.

I'd be a training boss - one you'd fight to end the tutorial. Haven't decided if I'd be an enemy, or a friend running the protagonist through the basics, though.

No specific weak spots. Just hit buttons, you can't lose. And even if you do, the plot goes on anyway, since you're in the tutorial.

Probably a turn based JRPG. Perhaps one of those squad games like Tactics Ogre.

Quirks? Horribly cheesy dub. Maybe I'd even speak in faux old-english.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked