Mass Effect 3 DLC Speculation.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

First off. THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT THE ENDING. there are other threads for that.

Now that that is out of the way, Speculation about the inevitable DLC, which I personally am excited about.

I personally think there is going to be one about taking Omega from Cerberus.
Maybe their could be a choice where you could give the 'keys' of Omega to Aria or the Alliance/Citadel.

I would like them to do a DLC about the "beings of light" that the one Volus billionaire, mentioned on a random planet description in ME1, was trying to find.

I think It would be awesome to visit Caleston. That world that was teased at in the marketing of the original Mass Effect.

I think it would be cool if they expanded the main game a bit. Add more NPCs that can tag along (people from the second game mostly), beefed up the interaction, made more Cerberus missions or whatever. That Omega idea is cool. Anything that takes place after would be kinda lame I think.

ruthaford_jive:
I think it would be cool if they expanded the main game a bit. Add more NPCs that can tag along (people from the second game mostly), beefed up the interaction, made more Cerberus missions or whatever. That Omega idea is cool. Anything that takes place after would be kinda lame I think.

Agreed on the after game stuff

Maybe going back to see what has become of the main locations you visited in the other games. Like Feros, Noveria, Illium, maybe Virmire or Therum. Ilos would be an awesome choice. Or the inverse, visit places before their was a reaper attack, Like Thessia or Kahje.

Their was a big deal about Haestrom in the second game. Maybe a star exploding could make for an interesting mission or two.

It may probably add other type of husk: volus(?), elcor, a new form for the human husk so that they aren't just the generic, easy-to-kill zombies that they are, or a real krogan husk (not a fusion of them and the turians).

They, as already stated above, could also bring you back to planets from the previous games like Horizon, Ilos, Noveria, etc.

Am I the only one who misses the Mako?

Ken_J:

ruthaford_jive:

Agreed on the after game stuff

Unfortunately, I believe the Omega plot line was settled in the comics

Something that would give us a playable epilogue would be nice. This isn't even a story thing, making sure that you save right before the final mission is just a pain in the rear gameplay wise.

Ken_J:
Maybe going back to see what has become of the main locations you visited in the other games. Like Feros, Noveria, Illium, maybe Virmire or Therum. Ilos would be an awesome choice. Or the inverse, visit places before their was a reaper attack, Like Thessia or Kahje.

Well technically, you do visit Noveria, its just an N7 mission. Unless you mean the main "hub" area on that planet or a familar location? Sorry, I'm probably a bit confused on what you mean, lol.

Jitters Caffeine:
Unfortunately, I believe the Omega plot line was settled in the comics

Actually, how Aria lost Omega is detailed in the comics. That vague story she gives you in the game? The comics basically explore that.

I'm all on board for an "Retake Omega" DLC, with a slight hope that Aria would be a temporary squad mate. I know that in the Leaked Script the mission was there, but don't know what it entailed. I wonder if they didn't do that mission in the game because of the Deception Novel? They may have talked about certain characters or vague plotlines, but now have to decide how to handle it since the story in that is kind of a mess? From what I understand anyway, haven't read that particular novel myself. At the same time though, I wouldn't know exactly when that would fit in the story. Probably before Thessia, since the missions after that already Cerberus focused? Also, I'd imagine some characters like Garrus would have some hilarious things to say.

I'm guessing at least one new character DLC, though I don't know who it would be. I'm kinda fine with the current roster, but it would be nice to have someone take residence in the life support room, its always empty! Or maybe that room with the poker table which is almost always empty and no one ends up using it (though I think if you have Kaiden, he and James play on it a couple of times, but I had Ashley so...).

I would like a mission dealing with that Reaper IFF you got in the second game. I mean, ME3 has you going back to previous locations that it seemed a bit weird we never did anything about the Omega-4 or the IFF. I mean, they don't need to be revisited or included, just a little wish on my part, heh. Though maybe that would be addressed/included in the "Retake Omega" DLC.

But I guess Bioware might focus a bit more on Multiplayer DLC for awhile, at least in the beginning.

TheOneBearded:

No. Maybe they can can do another firewalker type DLC with a new vehicle.

TheOneBearded:

Agreed! I'd love to see a DLC with the Hammerhead and Mako making a return for a few missions.

skywolfblue:

TheOneBearded:

Agreed! I'd love to see a DLC with the Hammerhead and Mako making a return for a few missions.

Combine them. The Great White

Ken_J:
Their was a big deal about Haestrom in the second game. Maybe a star exploding could make for an interesting mission or two.

Just gotta comment on this: The only reason there was a big deal about Haestrom is because the whole "Dark Matter" thing was supposed to be the driving force of the Reapers in the original ending. According to Karpyshyn, the plan was that the Reapers do their thing as a way to slow the increase of Dark Matter in the universe, which is essentially increasing entropy. The whole Haestrom thing was supposed to be foreshadowing of the problems caused by dark matter, lending credibility to your final choice of acquiescing to the Reapers solution or killing them and trusting organics to find a better fix within the next few centuries.

With the way they took it, going back to Haestrom would be kinda pointless, as dark matter suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

personally, i think more tie-ins to the comics would be great

like, i'm pretty sure there will be a "retake Omega" DLC, but that was said already

i was thinking more along the lines of squadmates. personally, i think Tazzik from Mass Effect redemption would be awesome. he was the Shadow Broker's best enforcer, and now that Liara is the Shadow broker, there is no reason for him not to make an appearence.

skywolfblue:

TheOneBearded:

Maybe if they Voltronned the Mako and Hammerhead together into a vehicle that didn't suck. I'm all for more exploration as I agree with the general sentiments that as the games have progressed (ME2 and 3) that the universe has felt smaller, i.e. ME1 had a large explorable region and even if the means of said exploration was at times painful at least there was a lot of it.

I also second (or third or whatever) that "Take back Omega" w/Aria as a temporary squad mate mostly because I'd like to see what she's capable of. Reason being is that it seems like in story that everyone who knows her is terrified of her and I'd kind of like to see why.

Agayek:

Ken_J:

Just gotta comment on this: The only reason there was a big deal about Haestrom is because the whole "Dark Matter" thing was supposed to be the driving force of the Reapers in the original ending. According to Karpyshyn, the plan was that the Reapers do their thing as a way to slow the increase of Dark Matter in the universe, which is essentially increasing entropy. The whole Haestrom thing was supposed to be foreshadowing of the problems caused by dark matter, lending credibility to your final choice of acquiescing to the Reapers solution or killing them and trusting organics to find a better fix within the next few centuries.

With the way they took it, going back to Haestrom would be kinda pointless, as dark matter suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

Pretty much this. With dark matter no longer being a factor, any DLC involving Haestrom wouldn't make much sense.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I would love a piece of DLC that allows the player to alter Shepard and her squad's power selection, basically letting you amke your own class for Shepard and swapping out a few choice powers for allies. I'd love to mix Marksman, Fortification, Overload, Armor Piercing Ammo, and Warp in a single character. It probably wouldn't require that many changes to the system.

A cool DLC would be the ability for Shepard and her squad to do the multiplayer missions in the single-player campaign in order to raise galactic readiness, but I know EA would never want to do that.

I'm guessing that any new DLC will have more and more squadmates available. With only 6 in the main story line, and the potential for some of them to die before the end of the game, I knew more were coming in DLC. I hope they aren't all as terrible as Javik (seriously, that jamaican space crab can bite my shiny metal ass-plate).

I'm thinking all DLC will be post Reaper battle now, after all now that we got to the ending, know what it (Currently) Is would we want to go do it again, if we can explore a few more planets before hand, and can bring Kasumi and Zaeed along?

I imagine this will never happen, but I would pay $10 for DLC that fleshed out the characters more and gave deeper conversation options with an extra side quest here or there for them.

Unfortunately it's pretty hard to sell that to someone.

Chronologist:
I hope they aren't all as terrible as Javik (seriously, that jamaican space crab can bite my shiny metal ass-plate).

For one thing I kind of liked him. Main thing it's not a Jamaican accent it's an African accent. Before anyone tells me I am wrong the voice actor's name is Ike Amadi and he is from Nigeria. I am sorry but that is just getting so annoying.

Sean Steele:
I'm thinking all DLC will be post Reaper battle now, after all now that we got to the ending, know what it (Currently) Is would we want to go do it again, if we can explore a few more planets before hand, and can bring Kasumi and Zaeed along?

I think it was announced there was going to be no post game DLC BECAUSE of the ending, hence the reason you get kicked back to Cerberus HQ mission after you complete the game.

OT: I fully support the Omega DLC, that is literally begging for a mission, Aria is pissed and she is gonna get it back. I would like a little more multiplayer DLC just to change it up. I had this crazy thought about maybe having a Collector Multiplayer DLC taking place at the Collector Base and you fight Collectors, Abominations, Scions, Praetorians and having Harbinger make his possessing return but obviously that won't work with the story.

Eddie the head:

Chronologist:
I hope they aren't all as terrible as Javik (seriously, that jamaican space crab can bite my shiny metal ass-plate).

For one thing I kind of liked him. Main thing it's not a Jamaican accent it's an African accent. Before anyone tells me I am wrong the voice actor's name is Ike Amadi and he is from Nigeria. I am sorry but that is just getting so annoying.

I'm not really an expert on accents, he just sounded like a jamaican guy I know, so that's what I went with.

My issue with him is that his reaction to waking up fifty-thousand years in the future didn't work for me. I figured he would first crumble under the realization that he's the last of his race, and that the Reapers are winning, then afterwards he would be resolved to fight. Instead, he sorta skips the depression stage and instead adopts a sorta nihilistic perspective - exactly the opposite of what I expected.

With the possible exception of ME1 Kaidan and maybe Zaheed, pretty much every single squadmate every has an undeniably positive outlook on the mission. Sure, planets may be burning and we may be outgunned a million to one, but we're going to kick their asses and tell them to get the hell out of our galaxy. Only Javik thinks that our cycle is going to fail; his bravado is like captain Ahab declaring that "if my chest were a cannon, I would fire my heart at it", ultimately suicidal and doomed to failure.

But anyway, it's true that the way that the game operates, the DLC would have to occur before the mission to attack the cerberus base. That, or restructure how the game ends.

Chronologist:

Eddie the head:

Chronologist:

But..he already knew that in a way. Since in the video detailing his story he hears about how the computer has to shut off the others due to power going out. Saying "You are the voice of our people."

Plus, I'm pretty sure javik got over the whole death of his people. Since he was born during the reaper harvest and had to experience it daily. The only thing that got to him if you talk later on in the game

Heeman89:
I had this crazy thought about maybe having a Collector Multiplayer DLC taking place at the Collector Base and you fight Collectors, Abominations, Scions, Praetorians and having Harbinger make his possessing return but obviously that won't work with the story.

With all due respect to Bioware, the ending showed they don't care too much for consistency.

Also, There is no reason that all of the Collectors should be dead - how are we to know that there wasn't a couple collector ships chilling elsewhere in space? And anyways, why would the Reapers decide to no longer schmoosh husks together to make Scions or Abominations or Praetorians? Also, even if you exploded the Collector Base there was still enough of it for TIM to salvage pieces of the [terminator]Cthulhu. I can totally see there still being some Collector Base to go to.

Also:

TheOneBearded:

For two, I totally liked the Mako in Mass Effect 1. It was a TANK, with actual ARMOR. The Hammerhead couldn't hammer anything! I've seen wet tissue paper take a better beating!

*Ahem* So anyways....

Chronologist:

Hey! I liked Javik! He was an interesting character, and he amused me.
they used to eat flies

TheOneBearded:

No, I miss it as well.

Ken_J:
I personally think there is going to be one about taking Omega from Cerberus.
Maybe their could be a choice where you could give the 'keys' of Omega to Aria or the Alliance/Citadel.

I think that might be likely, although it would mean that it would have to be pre-chronos station, and can't be afterwards. Which doesn't really fit in the theme of bioware's DLC (unless it introduces a new squadmate).

Personally, I think the game as a whole needed more elcor. At least show us some of them in the final cinematics at least! They may also fit into the multiplayer as well, as some sort of rare one-use item that gives you an elcor-tank for a brief period of time.

TheOneBearded:

I don't miss The Mako as much as I miss planet exploration. Even if planet surfaces were just copy pasted textures, exploration was essential for immersion. It made the galaxy feel huge.

I also wouldn't mind having another hub to go to. They could let us retake Omega and then let it recuperate so that it could have more traders and side missions to do. I'm getting sick of going back and forth to the Citadel - I want variety like in Mass Effect 2 with its Illium, Omega, and the Citadel.

Ken_J:

Considering we're trying to keep this thread end-bitching free, I won't say much, but put it this way -

Would be very cool, but I don't see it happening. Would have to retcon certain incidents.

Oh, just noticed it had already been covered. Oh well, back on topic lol.

Personally, i'd love to see more interaction with previous squadmates. The missions with Jack, Kasumi etc just weren't enough imo.

I want to help Aria reclaim Omega from TIM.

Adam Jensen:

TheOneBearded:

I don't miss The Mako as much as I miss planet exploration. Even if planet surfaces were just copy pasted textures, exploration was essential for immersion. It made the galaxy feel huge.

Yup, and there was something therapeutic about getting the Mako over mountains after killing a Thorian or after killing the organizer of the Blitz that killed most of your team. Also, finding random assignments/side missions on a random planet that you could land on was pretty cool.

I'm big on DLC of the content that got axed from the origional game that still has code aspects floating around in the game files. The Trial of SHepard at the beginning of the game that got axed, the battle to retake Thessia and Retake Palaven, the full scale battle the re-take Earth. You know, the stuff integral to the game that they cut to sell back to us.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked