Mass Effect Universe: So what future games would you want to play?

Now that Shepard's story is officially over (as far as full games are concerned), what future Mass Effect installments would you like to see?

If I recall right, it has been hinted that future Mass Effect scenarios would take place before or during the Shepard trilogy, so from what we learned so far about the universe I'd go with:

- A space combat flight sim in the veins of Star Wars: Tie Fighter
Admittedly, we've only seen two types of alliance fighters/interceptors and one type of turian fighter as far as I remember, but that's a start.

- A stealth-based third person shooter centered around a salarian STG with a play style similar to the older Splinter Cell games (before Double Agent or Conviction)
Probably with a multiplayer story mode, like Chaos Theory had, only more fleshed out. As an addon, so the whole game doesn't ride on the multiplayer.

Guys, guys. As someone from this forum said, Mass Effect was setting up Warhammer 40,000 lore.

Something on a smaller, more personal scale.

If they try and pull another galaxy-threatening ancient-evil-entity out of their arses I will not be impressed.

Won't be the same without the old characters though.

TheCaptain:
- A space combat flight sim in the veins of Star Wars: Tie Fighter
Admittedly, we've only seen two types of alliance fighters/interceptors and one type of turian fighter as far as I remember, but that's a start.

- A stealth-based third person shooter centered around a salarian STG with a play style similar to the older Splinter Cell games (before Double Agent or Conviction)
Probably with a multiplayer story mode, like Chaos Theory had, only more fleshed out. As an addon, so the whole game doesn't ride on the multiplayer.

Those two are ideal I would think. Especially a space-flight/combat game taking place during the Reaper Invasion or hell, something like Reach where you play during the Prothean Extinction.

As for the second idea, I think it would be cool to play as a Batarian or, Asari and have the game play more like Hitman. I don't know too much about the STG so I'm missing out there but a game about playing as a Specter (not many Batarians, I know) taking down various targets as either a Renegade like Saren or a Paragon like Agent 47 (bad metaphor, sorry).

Another idea swimming around in my brain would only be possible on the indie-market and even then it would likely be seen as a parody or, outright rip-off. That being said: BATTLE-KROGAN! A 2.5D remake of Battletoads replacing Rash, Pimple and, Zit with...a Green, Yellowish-green and, Aqua-colored Krogan.

I'm not sure I would even be interested in another installment as much as it pains me to say. Any prequel would feel kind of pointless knowing how it all goes to hell anyway.

Fappy:
I'm not sure I would even be interested in another installment as much as it pains me to say. Any prequel would feel kind of pointless knowing how it all goes to hell anyway.

Have you ever watched a movie twice?

Nimcha:

Fappy:

Of course and I've never had this problem before. This is a unique case for me I suppose. Not really sure if I can rationalize it beyond, "I don't really care to get invested in more characters if they're just going to blow up anyway", which is weird because I have enjoyed plenty of works knowing it will end tragically for everyone involved. So honestly, I can't really give a real reason why I feel this way. I just do.

Fappy:

Nimcha:

Fappy:

Of course and I've never had this problem before. This is a unique case for me I suppose. Not really sure if I can rationalize it beyond, "I don't really care to get invested in more characters if they're just going to blow up anyway", which is weird because I have enjoyed plenty of works knowing it will end tragically for everyone involved. So honestly, I can't really give a real reason why I feel this way. I just do.

Then it'll probably pass with time.

To answer the original question, it would be cool to play a Turian commando during the rachni wars or something like that. Something Rainbow Six like.

My interest in ME past ME3 is officially over, and it has nothing to do with ME3's ending, I assure you. This is a conscious decision I made a long time ago; I just don't have the same desire to look further into the series like I have, say, Star Wars, Soul Calibur, or Guilty Gear.

Shoggoth2588:
As for the second idea, I think it would be cool to play as a Batarian or, Asari and have the game play more like Hitman. I don't know too much about the STG so I'm missing out there but a game about playing as a Specter (not many Batarians, I know) taking down various targets as either a Renegade like Saren or a Paragon like Agent 47 (bad metaphor, sorry).

I gotta admit, I never played a Hitman game. I know they're supposed to be really awesome, but when I tried the first one it was already too old to really enjoy and I'm not big on starting a game that centers around a single character on a later installment. But I've never enjoyed playing a spy as much as I enjoyed Sam Fisher, what with all the sneaking and climbing and intelligence gathering... Plus I like Salarians.

Shoggoth2588:
Another idea swimming around in my brain would only be possible on the indie-market and even then it would likely be seen as a parody or, outright rip-off. That being said: BATTLE-KROGAN! A 2.5D remake of Battletoads replacing Rash, Pimple and, Zit with...a Green, Yellowish-green and, Aqua-colored Krogan.

Ha, I had to google that one. That'd be fun.

Fappy:

Fair enough, there's a whole bunch of people at EA whose job it'll be to reel you back in. Or I'll give you a healthy smack on the head. Also, go make yourself another Shepard.

TheCaptain:

Shoggoth2588:

I gotta admit, I never played a Hitman game. I know they're supposed to be really awesome, but when I tried the first one it was already too old to really enjoy and I'm not big on starting a game that centers around a single character on a later installment. But I've never enjoyed playing a spy as much as I enjoyed Sam Fisher, what with all the sneaking and climbing and intelligence gathering... Plus I like Salarians.

Shoggoth2588:

Ha, I had to google that one. That'd be fun.

Fappy:

Fair enough, there's a whole bunch of people at EA whose job it'll be to reel you back in. Or I'll give you a healthy smack on the head. Also, go make yourself another Shepard.

I did actually do a second playthrough on Insanity and had fun with it. Though, I did end up writing my own ending when it was all said and done XP

There could be a game where you play as Jack Harper (aka the Illusive Man) during the First Contact War, or it could be set in the Rachni Wars. =P

There's plenty of lore to use.

Fappy:

It's pretty obvious what the problem is. The ending made it clear that the trilogy was a Shaggy Dog story. That pretty much destroys any volition you might've had to sit through it again.

A GTA-style game where you play as a C-Sec officer, some time before the Reaper invasion. Perhaps you would start out small and gradually uncover a batarian terrorist plot or something of that ilk. Or on the flipside, play as a young vagrant who has to work their way up the ranks of an Omega crime syndicate. I've always wanted to explore one, if not both, of those cities on a larger scale than the mere morsels given to us in the ME trilogy.

A prequel where you play as a Reaper during the Prothean cycle.

It would have to be something entirely different set in an entirely new story to interest me in the slightest.

I couldn't sit through a game set in the same period as Sheps trilogy, far too pointless. It would be the same story with different characters.

I don't want to sit through the first contact wars or Rachni wars because I know what happens.

To be fair, and I found it quite sad when I realised it, I don't think i'd ever buy another Mass Effect game.

The universe has gone through the big bads and they can't really go much bigger than a race that appears and cleanses the universe every 50.000 years so where exactly could they take it?

I'd have the same problem as I do coming up to Dragon Age 3. I couldn't really "invest" anything in Dragon Age 2 knowing the characters I meet there will be gone in the next game.

Kind of hard to put into words but I think of a new ME game and the only phrase that comes to mind is an almighty "meh".

Nimcha:

Fappy:

a movie is a 2 hour investment at the max.

a fucking videogame asks for at least 10 hours.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked