Watching the credits of a game for the music.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Am I the only one who does this sometimes? I got to thinking about it while finishing Asura's Wrath(For the third time. I like the game! XD ) and I like the music there.

I remember doing the same thing at the end of LOZ: Wind Waker and Jade Empire for no other reason than I enjoyied the song that came up. So I got to wondering if there was anyone else who does a similer thing and with what games?

I'll stick around for the credits if the music is good. Some games have had great ending credits music, like Crisis Core, FF6, Deus Ex, and Zelda.

Most of the time though it depends on how much I enjoyed the music in the actual game itself. Will probably skip credits if the games music didn't catch me.

FF6 still has the best ending music ever, just 20 minutes of pure brilliance.

-Seraph-:
I'll stick around for the credits if the music is good. Some games have had great ending credits music, like Crisis Core, FF6, Deus Ex, and Zelda.

Most of the time though it depends on how much I enjoyed the music in the actual game itself. Will probably skip credits if the games music didn't catch me.

I'd go one further; I maintain that FF6 has the single best ending to any game, ever, not just ending music. The fantastic music (which reprises all the character themes while still being a cohesive piece) is just the icing on a very, very tasty cake. I cry like a baby every time I watch it.

I love the FF6 soundtrack, though. Searching for Friends (the airship theme from the World of Ruin) is an all-time favourite too, as is Slam Shuffle (the Zozo theme) and of course Terra.

OctalLord:
So I got to wondering if there was anyone else who does a similer thing and with what games?

Yeah, I do that sometimes, not very often, but sometimes. It really depends on the exact game (or whether it actually has any music with rolling credits to begin with).

The most memorable is most likely Prince of Persia: Sand of Time. I honestly just watched the first 10 seconds of credits with a dropped jaw (granted, the ending was one part to it), but the song playing with the credits is rather good if judged alone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAUdFNmizWc if anyone is interested.

Other than that, nothing else really comes to mind right now.

ms_sunlight:

-Seraph-:

I'd go one further; I maintain that FF6 has the single best ending to any game, ever, not just ending music. The fantastic music (which reprises all the character themes while still being a cohesive piece) is just the icing on a very, very tasty cake. I cry like a baby every time I watch it.

I love the FF6 soundtrack, though. Searching for Friends (the airship theme from the World of Ruin) is an all-time favourite too, as is Slam Shuffle (the Zozo theme) and of course Terra.

Oh I totally agree, the entire ending is just a work of art. An amazing ending theme that combines everyone else' theme like you said, and a sense of closure for everyone. I just didn't feel like mentioning it because of all the habub going on recently. That transition from Relm to Shadow always gives me manly tears, always.

I will NEVER get tired of Devils Lab. Fuck that song is going to constantly play in my head at my new job, it being an auto parts factory and all lol.

*devises plan to play Devils lab over facilities intercom*

I usually go to watch the "hidden" cutscene at the end of games, but it's usually more worth it for the music.

I tend to do it if I like the tune. New Vegas has a wonderful one which really sums up the bleakness and hostility of the mojave desert

I stick around for the credits mainly for the music, and just to see if anything is going to happen while they are running.

Borderlands had awesome credit music, and probably one of the few times I turned up the music to rock out to.

If I really enjoyed the game and the music is badass, sure, I'll sit around and watch the credits. It's the least I can do for the games developers aside from having bought the game in the first place.

My all time favourite 'credits track' has got to be this though.

So. Damned. Good.

The Total War games pretty much always have a special track for their credits as well, usually one of the first things I do when I buy a new TW game is check and see if there's anything there.

I am sure I am not alone when I say ME1. Love that fucking song.

I generally watch the credits of every game I beat though, even if I have beaten it multiple times.

I generally do, there's a lot of games with excellent end-credits music.

- Portal 1/2. Duh. :P
- The Mass Effect Series
- Alan Wake

I'm wondering why else I would stick around for the credits, if not the music. Unless it's a game with, like, a ending credits outtake reel or something.

But yeah, I do. After a visual novel completion, the ending credits music tends to make me feel accomplished ("Romance in Andante II" from Katawa Shoujo, "Changing Seasons" from Fate/Stay Night, "Shall We Say Goodbye?" from A Drug That Makes You Dream...). After some stories, the Sengoku Basara 3 credits almost made me cry. I can no longer listen to the Kana: Little Sister ending theme without crying. And the Deus Ex: Human Revolution credit music was fantastic...sadly, I had to skip it halfway through because they chose to completely kill the mood by having stupid pictures of the devs. Not even normal pictures, stupid ones.

The music in this game is bar none some of the best you'll find in any game.

Jitters Caffeine:
The music in this game is bar none some of the best you'll find in any game.

I have trouble falling to sleep at night without listening to this song a couple dozen times.

I've done it for Red Dead:Redemption, DX:HR, and for the Mass Effect games. I really like their soundtracks.

I know I have played Portal a few times just because I wanted to hear the ending song. You know, rather than go onto youtube, or pull out my mp3 player.

Oh yeah, for me the ending credits music is very important.

I'll second Borderlands.

I also loved the ME1 track.

Grim Fandango!

And the ending music of Eternal Sonata is amazing:

EDIT: Hmmm, I need to find another recording of the Grim Fandango one because this one derps at the end.

Those I HATE:

Lost Odyssey. LOVED the game, but what is is with modern day JRPG's and their love for shitty Disney lovey dovey popsongs? FF8+9 also did this, of those I've completed.

But Dragon Age took the prize for me. It has three tracks (if I remember correctly): a new one, which is nice and very much in the style of the rest of the soundtrack; the main theme, which I'd heard enough, seemed a bit lazy to me; and last and unforgivably 30 SECONDS TO MARS. I not only hate that shitty band to bits, but they simply had no place there. The worst part: they're long credits, so you get the hear the whole thing twice. Ugh.

Yes, quite often I stick around for the music.

Fallout: New Vegas is one of my personal favourites, along with Crash Team Racing (which also had awesome epilogues with the relevant character celebrating as a bonus).

The there was the Dynasty Warriors Vol. 2 credits which had the best tracks from Dynasty Warriors 5 spliced together playing along to a montage of cutscenes from DW5...that was great.

Some other notable examples:

*Red Dead Redemption
*Deus Ex: Human Revolution
*Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
*Destroy All Humans!
*All of the Spyro games on PS1.
*Symphonic Rain
*Muv-Luv Alternative
*Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
*inFamous

Fappy:

I generally watch the credits of every game I beat though, even if I have beaten it multiple times.

M4 Part II is a pretty awesome song. It sucks Bioware didn't get Faunts back to do the ending music for Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Bat Vader:

Fappy:

M4 Part II is a pretty awesome song. It sucks Bioware didn't get Faunts back to do the ending music for Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3.

Ah, but they did get them back for ME3.

Let's see...

-Transformers: War for Cybertron
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution (twice, if you include the end-credits stinger)
-Borderlands
-Mass Effect 2
-Serious Sam 3
-Doom 2 (Does that count?)
-Doom 3
-Portal 1, 2
-Fallout: New Vegas
-Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine
-Left 4 Dead 1, 2

Yeah... I end up doing this quite a lot.

Call of Duty 4 and Crysis made me do this.

Didnt i made a topic about favorite credits/endings songs already?

Anyway, here goes my contribution:

IJI - Further

Whose lyrics reflect perfectly what all the game is about

Castlevania Bloodlines - Staff Roll

Ghost and Goblins for the Sega Genesis

Cave Story: Moonsong

Because one of the endings plays this music, i believe it still counts

Splatterhouse Ending Song

Mass Effect
Deus Ex
Portals (of course)
Prey
The Darkness

The last two are great. Give them a listen if you haven't already.

Fappy:

Same here. Also applies to Mass Effect 2, which had a great main theme over its credits. Also did this for Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Skyrim.

Metal Gear Solid:

and Twisted Metal Black. 'Nuff Said. (not actually the credits of the game itself, but this songs play in the credits.)

I certainly like other credit songs, I just can't get enough of Mass Effect 1's song and I was grinning like a freaking madman while watching / listening to Portal 1 / 2's credits, but the only games that made me finish or reload saves over and over again just for listening to the credits are these. Heck, I always carry these songs in my freaking iPod!.

Absolutely. Who doesn't like good music?

I always watch a game's credits, I feel like I owe it to the developers. Even though I don't read the names...

I appreciate it when they make it good for me, though. Case in point:

Friggin' brilliant song, and sticks to the atmosphere too, unlike 30STM's 'This is War' from the Dragon Age credits. A good song, definitely, but totally incongruous with the genre.

EDIT:

Fappy:

Evidently not ;D

Fappy:

Bat Vader:

Fappy:

Ah, but they did get them back for ME3.

Cool, Thank you for letting me know. I must not have been paying attention when the credits were playing.

Silent Hill:Shattered Memories and Dead Space 2 come to mind.

If I can recall correctly, Infamous 1 is the only game which I have ever played that had me playing through the game several times just to hear that amazing end track.

Metal Gear Sold games, The Darkness 1, Halos, Gearsss, some others that don't come to mind...but a fair few.

For me, many games have had great credits songs:
Bastion
Kingdom Hearts series
Red Dead Redemption
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid series
Infamous 1
Portal 1 & 2

Just to name a few.
However, if I had to name the ones which complemented the endings very well, I'd have to pick Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy X because they made me shed unmanly tears after sitting through their final cutscenes.
Unsurprisingly, they're in my list of favourite games.

Oh yeah! It's time to split!

Portal
I pretty much bought the game just to finish it to hear that song

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked