Amazing Video Game Soundtracks

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Hello everyone!
Atsumi here, and i just want to know. What is the most amazing video game soundtrack you have ever heard? i am on about OST here none of that copy pasta of "popular" songs.

The most Beautiful soundtrack i have ever come across is Shadow of the Colossus And the Halo Soundtrack. i really like epic Battle music, Opera really hits that spot for me.
So, What about you guys?

I still have no idea if I'm actually going to get this one, but by Odin's beard, the main theme is amazing. I may get it just for that.

Mass Effect 3's was fantastic, probably one of my favorites. "Leaving Earth" is amazing. The brass section they used to mimic a Reaper is just delightfully evil. And they do this cool effect with the piano to make it "space-ey"...like a satellite, if that makes sense.

Well it's that time again...time to mention Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger once more. Two best sound tracks in video gaming my ears have had the pleasure of listening to for countless hours. They just don't make game sound tracks like they used to *sigh*.

Also, this youtuber has pretty much won when it came to remix/fan renditions of FF6 music: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2359DDABF46E0623&feature=plcp

Just...my gawd *wipes away manly tears* Nobuo would be proud of her version of 'Forever Rachel'

Also, Guilty Gear and Blazblue win for "Most Awesome" sound tracks. That shit is off the wall, and there are also some epic fan renditions that would make Disauke proud.

Too many good songs from those games to list, just...go to youtube and have your ears orgasm from their brilliance.

House of the Dead: Overkill has one of the greatest soundtracks of all time that they NEVER RELEASED! Let me buy the funkin' soundtrack Sega!

Atsumi_Warrior:
the Halo Soundtrack.

If Halo series did anything right, it was its soundtrack. Any deity, was it epic.

OT: I say MGS4: Guns of the Patriots.

With this blasting through my headphones, a simple stroll makes me feel like I'm on an epic adventure to save the world or something.

Hey, it's another music topic. I always like trying to think up a soundtrack I've never posted in one of these before. Hmmm....

Oh, here's one:

And another.

I didn't think Days of Ruin was as good as Dual Strike, but gotta admit the soundtrack, especially for a DS game, was fantastic.

There are plenty more I could post, but I think I'll stop before I am unable to =P

I really liked The Witcher 2's music, although I may be biased because the soundtrack came with the game. It's really the only OST I've listened to all the way through.

Oh man where to start:
All Final Fantasy's, particularly IX
Kingdom Hearts
The World Ends With You
Persona 3+4 (unsure about 1+2)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Morrowind, Oblivon and Skyrim
Fallout 3+New Vegas
The Sims 1+2

To tired to keep going...but you get the drift.

Maybe it's just me, but I absolutely love anything done by Jesper Kyd.
But I do also love the Elder Scrolls soundtracks, and all of the Shin Megami Tensei ones (Persona's included).

Halo... Just Halo every freaking time...

Fallout 3's soundtrack was pretty mesmerizing.

And everybody's too busy slobbering over Akira Yamaoka's dick to realize that the soundtrack to Downpour is pretty damn fantastic.

By far and away my favourite soundtrack for any game is the soundtrack on TES IV: Oblivion.

So so so beautiful, so mesmerising, suits the game perfectly.

Just recently I've been playing vanilla Rome: Total War for the first time in ages (I usually play it modded) and the soundtrack has really clicked with me. The battle and marching tracks really hold the intensity and energy that such an ancient battle would command. On the plus side, the music is fun to listen to all by itself.

The first two Stronghold games (as in Crusader, not the sequel) also has cool music. I remember the second or third mission of the first game (with the wolves aiming for your peasants) has this amazing track that reminds me of 'Mountain of Power Procession' in the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. Awesome, awesome stuff.

Dynasty Warriors 4 will always be my favourite.

I've never heard such a beautiful blend of modern hard rock and classical Chinese music before. It all flows and blends together so perfectly that the transitions feel completely natural...

It's also the only video game soundtrack I've ever heard that prominately features the sitar in one of the tracks.

i really loved Skyrim's soundtrack. Solitude's main town theme made me cry alittle when i heard it the first time. Batman Arkham Asylum had great music as well, they stuck to the Hans Zimmer feel from the movies. i think hands down for me its got to be World of warcraft music, especially from Cataclysm. almost every song is orchestrated and they fit the environments so beautifully. i even catch myself humming to them at work haha

Korten12:

Funny you should mention that particular track. I just dragged it up earlier today in the Halo thread. Does it remind anyone else of Finding Nemo?

Brixton6:
I really liked The Witcher 2's music, although I may be biased because the soundtrack came with the game. It's really the only OST I've listened to all the way through.

I do also like this music. Witcher 2 had some great themes.

Soviet Heavy:

Korten12:

Funny you should mention that particular track. I just dragged it up earlier today in the Halo thread. Does it remind anyone else of Finding Nemo?

Actually, I saw you post that, and began listening it over and over again, so I posted it again. XD

Oh jeez, well, here I go!

Kid Icarus Uprising
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Halo
Jet Force Gemini
Banjo Kazooie
Tales of Symphonia
Kingdom Hearts (Any of them really)
Persona 3
Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star
Ys Seven, Oath in Felghana, and 1&2 Chronicles
The 3rd Birthday

Phew, I think that's a small but decent list of games with epic soundtracks ^.^

Catherine. just like the game, i fell in love with it. mellow, yet trancing beats. think adele pacing meets asian type sound effects, though not as crazy as J pop.

I really liked the soundtrack for Shadow of The Colossus.

My favorite game (and soundtrack) of all time, Chrono Cross, has some truly epic pieces in it. While peoples opinions on the game are wildly mixed, almost everyone agrees that it has one of gaming's best scores.

Also, last years Bastion definitely deserves credit.

Bastion for sure!

Nobody has put Braid on this list? Shameful I say!

You might as well call this a Nier thread.

Arcanum has one of the best musical soundtracks:

For ambient soundtracks the first 2 Fallouts are great.

Battlefield 2142 a million times over. It has the most atmospheric soundtrack I've ever heard in a game.

Others:

Call of Duty 1, 2, and 4 (3 was pretty good as well)
Halo 1, 2, and 3
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Skyrim
Napoleon: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2
Mirrors Edge
Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, and 2
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (absolutely amazing. Seriously, go look up the main theme on YouTube or something.)

I have to give two games credit for actually having me go out of my way to get their soundtrack. The first, is Bastion, which has already been mentioned. The second is Neotokyo. Never heard of it? Hear's a taste.

The entire soundtrack is nothing but pure concentrated epic. I suggest to anyone to listen to it as it is the best ambient electronic music I have ever heard (And that slight hint of eastern influence adds a lot to it).

The first two Golden Sun games had REALLY good soundtracks, especially for Gameboy games.

I could keep going all night.

Now I won't be able to get these out of my head...

I'm gonna have to go with a few others and say the ME2 and ME3 soundtracks.

You know games are awesome when their entire soundtrack is make via orchestra.

There are so, so, SOO many. Hard to pick a personal favourite, different ones push different buttons.

The Legend of Zelda (Pretty much all of them, seriously)
Halo (CE, 2, ODST, 3)
Elder Scrolls (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind)
Mass Effect (3, 1, 2's got some good, some bad)
Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas (The stuff on the radio's the real draw)
Fable (2, 1, 3)
Prince of Persia (The Remake)
Knights of the Old Republic
Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood

Then there's some other ones that have some stuff of note - Deus Ex: HR, Bioshock, Jade Empire, Arkham City, etc.

And now I'll start monitoring this thread to see if there's anything of note I've missed.

IDK, i have so many: Chrono Trigger, Zelda Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Shadow of the Colossus. Oh, and my favorite, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Hmm, let's see if I can remember all the ones I've really enjoyed. I probably won't but I'll give it a shot. Only some of these actually are great "listen to on their own" soundtracks, the others are included because they go along with the game really well (IMO, of course).

Bastion
Neotokyo (mod rather than a game but the OST is amazing)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Mass Effect 3
Okami
Metroid Prime
The World Ends With You
To The Moon
Gemini Rue
Kingdom Hearts Series

Bah, that looks too short, so I know I'm forgetting some. But those are the ones that come immediately to mind. I think they all have phenomenal music and would definitely encourage everyone to check them out if they haven't already.

Apart from the already mentioned (Halo, Shadow of the Colossus etc), I'm going to have to offer up the superb Katawa Shoujo soundtrack, its fits the moments in the game perfectly.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked