Bioware announces new ending DLC for Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2

Torrasque:
Angry Snip

*Strangles*

I would probably kill you if it weren't for the fact that I'm smiling right now.

Why don't you put this on the Bioware Social forums for Mass Effect 3?

TorqueConverter:
Why did you even bother posting this? Think your fucking cute or something?

I probably would have been trolled by this if I didn't read the other posts or if I cared about Bioware's soap opera of video game.

Why yes, you certainly project an aura of not caring here.

Also, good job, but there are a couple of things that make the tip off obvious. This especially : "Yes, you can go and download it right now. No, it will not be available for players that buy the game after this announcement."

It is stuff like this why I am thankful that web browsers show you the name of the link before you click on it nice one though.

LOL...funniest thing I've read all day. I love April fools. And for the record Mass Effect 3 did have an ending. Cool ending...just not enough closure (my opinion of course).

Torrasque:

DrWilhelm:
Shame on you for raising my hopes, even if only for the briefest of moments before my eyes alighted upon the time stamp.

Hmmm. I wonder what Blizzard have done for their April Fools joke this year. They usually have some absolute corkers.

I just checked it out, and oh man is it good xD
The credits had me rofling.

April 1st has become a great day since the internet was made.

My favorite part of the Supply Depot thing was near the end:

Multiple endings, each influenced by your choices and color-coded for your convenience! (Further epic endings planned for post release as downloadable content.)

mirage202:
Might be a while before you get a bite: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/10812276

He's getting good at ruining a good time.

You can't trust him!

Look at his avatars eyes!

He's indoctrinated!

Torrasque:
I had 3 pages of comments last year when Justin Bieber got a gender change, so I have high hopes for this one :D

This one struck me as "too good to be true" before I even clicked on it. That + the date....

Most people are not smart enough to check what the link is before clicking on it

Seems common sense.

I know hey? I actually LIKE Rick Astley, so I am immune to being rickrolled by that. Rebecca Black however...

Rick Astley strikes me as elevator muzak. I'm actually bewildered as to how someone could actually like his music, in the same sense as the aforementioned muzak.

Never got the big deal with Rebecca Black, either. It's blank, mediocre music, but it's not even close to the worst song ever.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Torrasque:
Kotaku

Jokes on you, sucker. My bros from GEMA, German organization for copyright enforcement on the internet, blocked the rick role song for us.

And you, good sir, are all the poorer for it!

*puts on headphones*

Da-da da-da da duh duh-duh duh duh-NEVER GONNA GI-Yeah, that's enough of that.

Too bad I keep track of the date. ;)

Torrasque:

Antitonic:
If only this wasn't April 1st, and the source link wasn't a YouTube link.

Most people are not smart enough to check what the link is before clicking on it :P

Dude, you have no freakin' idea... :P

I hate everything and will kill you all to death.

It was the free part that tipped me off. No way EA would ever give away anything for free.

ChromaticWolfen:

Torrasque:
Angry Snip

*Strangles*

I would probably kill you if it weren't for the fact that I'm smiling right now.

Why don't you put this on the Bioware Social forums for Mass Effect 3?

Because Bioware released a statement saying they wouldn't announce anything on April 1st because they knew trolling would ensue.
Besides that, I'm lazy.

TorqueConverter:

I probably would have been trolled by this if I didn't read the other posts or if I cared about Bioware's soap opera of video game.

Because it makes me lol :D
Even your rage makes me lol.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Torrasque:
Kotaku

Jokes on you, sucker. My bros from GEMA, German organization for copyright enforcement on the internet, blocked the rick role song for us.

aww .... its a good song to ....

OT:
LOL, and here i was hoping i'd see and end to all this non sense, oh well.

TorqueConverter:

its April first, you should have really expected this.

but your free to rage :) the rest of us will enjoy the joke

Yup, that's the exact way Hudson speaks when he gives interviews. Plus, that part about the DLC being inaccessible to new players would go over so well.

Was I the only person expecting the link to be the troll song?

First the toonami thing and now this, the internet is cruel today.

I realized this was fake when your name wasn't gold like most news publishers that write this tidily. Still, well played.

erttheking:
First the toonami thing and now this, the internet is cruel today.

The Toonami thing DID happen. Midnight though.

Today's Yesterday's date has kept me on my toes while strolling about the internet. New ME3 ending DLC was just a tad too good to be true.

Still, good effort, sir :D

Torrasque:

Bioware has just announced today that a new ending will be available to download for any current owners of Mass Effect 3.

Unless you have been living in a hole for the last few weeks, you have noticed that Mass Effect 3 fans have been making a bit of a fuss about the ending. Most of these complaints have been about how the player's choice should have affected the ending but didn't, as well as a large portion complaining about the lack of a difference between endings. On these forums alone, there are dozens of threads complaining about the ending, as well as a delightful thread concerning the shipment of 400 cupcakes to Bioware, as a sort of peaceful protest. Overwhelmingly, it seems fans are really angry about the ending.

Well it seems that these cries of anger have finally been answered.
http://oi44.tinypic.com/23r5piw.jpg
Kotaku got a chance to sit down with franchise executive producer and director Casey Hudson, and was able to ask whether fans would be able to see a new ending

Hudson:
Fans will be pleased to hear that we have developed three new possible endings which take into account all the actions Shepard takes. No, this DLC will not cost anything. Yes, you can go and download it right now. No, it will not be available for players that buy the game after this announcement.

So there you have it Mass Effect 3 fans, make sure you download this DLC pack as soon as you can. PC players will be required to enter their CD key, while Xbox and PS3 players can get it from the main screen. Hudson was not clear as to how future copies of the game will be prevented from getting a piece of this deal, but it seems likely that the DLC will simply stop being free after a short while.

Kotaku

Nice April fools joke, you got me good, bro. My response bellow.

From Bioware's own Chris Priestly

"Ok, I am getting well ahead of this and let me be very clear.

THERE WILL BE NO MASS EFFECT 3 ANNOUNCMENTS MADE ON SUNDAY APRIL 1

It is April Fool's Day on April 1. There will undoubtedly be a number of fake, joke, false, etc comments made about Mass Effect 3. NONE of them are true. It doesn't matter where you see the post or who it claims it is made by. We are NOT announcing anything on Sunday April 1.

As mentioned by Dr Ray Muzyka in his blog post, we will have more Mass Effect 3 information in April, but it will not be made on April 1.

Thanks.
"

Wolfe:

Torrasque:

Bioware has just announced today that a new ending will be available to download for any current owners of Mass Effect 3.

Unless you have been living in a hole for the last few weeks, you have noticed that Mass Effect 3 fans have been making a bit of a fuss about the ending. Most of these complaints have been about how the player's choice should have affected the ending but didn't, as well as a large portion complaining about the lack of a difference between endings. On these forums alone, there are dozens of threads complaining about the ending, as well as a delightful thread concerning the shipment of 400 cupcakes to Bioware, as a sort of peaceful protest. Overwhelmingly, it seems fans are really angry about the ending.

Well it seems that these cries of anger have finally been answered.
Kotaku got a chance to sit down with franchise executive producer and director Casey Hudson, and was able to ask whether fans would be able to see a new ending

Hudson:
Fans will be pleased to hear that we have developed three new possible endings which take into account all the actions Shepard takes. No, this DLC will not cost anything. Yes, you can go and download it right now. No, it will not be available for players that buy the game after this announcement.

So there you have it Mass Effect 3 fans, make sure you download this DLC pack as soon as you can. PC players will be required to enter their CD key, while Xbox and PS3 players can get it from the main screen. Hudson was not clear as to how future copies of the game will be prevented from getting a piece of this deal, but it seems likely that the DLC will simply stop being free after a short while.

Kotaku

Nice April fools joke, you got me good, bro. My response bellow.

Teh fuq o_O
That looks like it required much more work than it should.

I knew this was a prank from the get-go (first thing to look at is the date :D), but I checked the link out of pure curiousity. I don't regret it.
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.

OP needs to die

Almost enough logical holes to be believeable, plenty of new points for rage... all in all, it bears such a resemblance to the gaffs committed by Bioware that I'm surprised it hasn't worked at all.

The fact that Bioware said they would release some information in April helps it quite a bit, as well. Good effort. :-P

If it didn't take me until April 5th to even see this, I wouldn't have bought it, but alas it took the comments to make me notice the date lol

How disappointing. You had my hopes up.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222400p1.html

My God. The OP can tell the future!

Wrong, it's not a NEW ending. It's just the same ending with a bit more cutscenes. Same starchild, same 3 coloured explosions, same everything.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked