No Pokemon games after Black and White 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I would of kept the joke going, but att his moment i cant be arsed to think xD Heard any good april fools today guys?

Yeah that didn't fool me at all... Pokemon is way too popular.

So far I've seen a few April Fools jokes that were pretty funny. There's the Google 8 bit maps, Adblock replacing all ads with LOLcats and Destructoid's fantastic new service they are providing. Take a look at their webstite yourself.

Too bad, I was hoping it was true, they keep releasing the same game. Stop fooling yourselves! New pokemon does not mean new gameplay!

I was actually getting excited...

damn.

mattttherman3:
Too bad, I was hoping it was true, they keep releasing the same game. Stop fooling yourselves! New pokemon does not mean new gameplay!

But new guns and map packs does?

Awww I am dissapoint....

Honestly, White and Black 2 is an AWFUL idea.

Black and White was made almost entirely of awful pokemon. I liked the ones in diamond and pearl, but now they should stop.
Well I wouldn't like them to stop because then people can't keep making more modern Rom Hacks,

Scrustle:
Yeah that didn't fool me at all... Pokemon is way too popular.

So far I've seen a few April Fools jokes that were pretty funny. There's the Google 8 bit maps, Adblock replacing all ads with LOLcats and Destructoid's fantastic new service they are providing. Take a look at their webstite yourself.

Never been to destructoid before, but after this is think I'll pay much more attention to it. Best service ever. :D

the best for me has to be theescapist mass effect 3 anouncement. i actuly ran and put the disk in after i read it

Shame, I thought you were going to make an argument for there being no Pokemon games after Black and white.

jaffrosheep:
the best for me has to be theescapist mass effect 3 anouncement. i actuly ran and put the disk in after i read it

I did one last year "Live action Pokemon film confirmed"

Safe to say i fooled quite a few people...quite amusing tbh xD

Angry Juju:

mattttherman3:

But new guns and map packs does?

no sir, tis why I refrain from buying COD

I was totally expecting a rant, but I appreciate this much much better.

I'm really tired so had I been more awake I probably would've fallen for it.

arc1991:

jaffrosheep:

Aaaaaand I was one of those people, I was all set to go into rage mode too, and felt like an idiot (relieved?) when it was a joke.

mattttherman3:

Only if you aren't part of the metagame. Honestly in that community a small tweak can change everything yet a whole game can't. 150 more pokemon? they all suck pretty much. Ninetales gets drought? Suddenly sun teams are viable and the whole scene gets flipped upside down and pseudo mathematicians have to research and delegate a whole new tier list. Ninty should just start charging 99 cents for a small update every so often and keep people entertained forever.

You are right though in that new pokemon doesn't change any fundamentals but merely shallowly expends them.

mattttherman3:

I like how people expect Pokemon to do what fallout 3 did to the original fallouts (improve then and make them more awesome and totally change up the game)

OP, gave me a scare, you should be ashamed

him over there:

mattttherman3:

Only if you aren't part of the metagame. Honestly in that community a small tweak can change everything yet a whole game can't. 150 more pokemon? they all suck pretty much. Ninetales gets drought? Suddenly sun teams are viable and the whole scene gets flipped upside down and pseudo mathematicians have to research and delegate a whole new tier list. Ninty should just start charging 99 cents for a small update every so often and keep people entertained forever.

You are right though in that new pokemon doesn't change any fundamentals but merely shallowly expends them.

What I really like about it is there are new places to explore. If I could take my Kanto team to five different world maps I would be so happy.

Bulbapedia put out one that they would remake black and white for the gameboy (original) using only the tech available at the time of the gameboy. they even made a trailer for it. I thought it was kinda funny, but it would have been better if they said there was an annoucement that gamefreak was making a remake of R/S or the third game in gen V

arc1991:

Does it count as fooling if you knew it was bull coming in, but wanted to see the outraged responses?

I admit you actually got me.

Although really, I kind of wish they'd finish the series off with a simple MMO because the sheer amount of Pokemon games has gotten me to stop purchasing them.

I thought that this might be an interesting discussion of whether or not the Pokemon Franchise should continue. Instead, I get nothing. Why do we have April Fool's Day again?

Hazzard:
Black and White was made almost entirely of awful pokemon. I liked the ones in diamond and pearl, but now they should stop.
Well I wouldn't like them to stop because then people can't keep making more modern Rom Hacks,

Kind of inclined to agree. The worst part about B/W was the inability to catch previous gen Pokémon until endgame time.

I read the title and thought "FINALLY!"
You fooled me, OP.

Captcha: Catch up.
Yep, thanks captcha.

Just when I said to myself "Well, it's about damn time!" it's April Fools XD Well played good sir!

Captcha: Get out........ Aww XD

mattttherman3:

Must school another person in the ways of Pokemon that have this way of thinking. You say they have not done anything different with every game huh, lets count the ways.

1. Weather effects.- Sandstorm, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance. Pokemon can abuse weather effects to get an advantage. This changed the gameplay quite a bit.

2. Abilities- Pokemon now have one, or so much as three abilities they can choose from. Weezing now has Levitate so he is immune to Ground and entry hazards.

3. Entry Hazards- Setting up Stealth rock, laying down spikes. This forced people to either carry a rapid spinner on their team(which gets rid of hazards) or take it out as soon as possible.

4. Double Battles- You can now verse 2 on 2 which changed the strategy.

5. Triple Battles- You get even more chaos with this.

6. Held Items- Pokemon now can hold a wide variety of items to help them out. A life orb to deal more damage, or leftovers to recover hp every turn.

Should I keep going, or are you done talking out of your ass.

Terminate421:

mattttherman3:

I like how people expect Pokemon to do what fallout 3 did to the original fallouts (improve then and make them more awesome and totally change up the game)

Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon changed the formula up completely; The former is a completely unique and amazing game, and the latter I found more enjoyable than the normal games. So yes, I do expect Pokémon to change it up, because they can do better.

I was hopeful for a second there. I fucking hate Pokemon, and am so insecure in this that I feel the need to deny everyone who enjoys it.

Plus even I can see it's all just turning to shit. Almost like Sonic.

When opening this thread, the only thing I could think of was the fact that the OP clearly just loves sucking whole buckets of dicks, and was preparing to tell the world this.

Yeah, you got me.

The only other thing that I've gotten was Toonami being re-aired last night on Cartoon Network, bringing the nostalgia level up to 21 up in here. *SIGH*

Richardplex:

Terminate421:

mattttherman3:

Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon changed the formula up completely; The former is a completely unique and amazing game, and the latter I found more enjoyable than the normal games. So yes, I do expect Pokémon to change it up, because they can do better.

Actually I should mention PMD2 is on my top 15 games of all time. Pokemon snap is freaking awesome as well. I should mainly mention that we need the classic style of games to introduce the new Pokemon, without them, we just have a franchise of odd lookin critters, which would make it die down to be mostly forgotten (Digimon). Is it better to always take risks? Or to have a solid ground and take potshots at different areas? I'd say the latter.

Richardplex:

Terminate421:

mattttherman3:

Pokemon Snap was originally being developed as a fairly normal nature photography game and was changed to Pokemon when they realized no one would want to buy a nature photography game.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a completely different series (not a bad one, I admit)

But of course the mystery dungeon games and Snap weren't even developed by GameFreak, so it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Pokemon is a franchise that is RICH with spinoffs from other developers ranging from typing tutors, sandbox games, SRPGs, pinball and dungeon crawlers.

There is no good reason why GameFreak should make major genre changes to their award winning formula when so many other game companies are exploring those realms for them. Thankfully I believe Masuda has already said that he would never change how they do Pokemon.

Shawn MacDonald:

mattttherman3:

Must school another person in the ways of Pokemon that have this way of thinking. You say they have not done anything different with every game huh, lets count the ways.

1. Weather effects.- Sandstorm, Hail, Sunny Day, Rain Dance. Pokemon can abuse weather effects to get an advantage. This changed the gameplay quite a bit.

2. Abilities- Pokemon now have one, or so much as three abilities they can choose from. Weezing now has Levitate so he is immune to Ground and entry hazards.

3. Entry Hazards- Setting up Stealth rock, laying down spikes. This forced people to either carry a rapid spinner on their team(which gets rid of hazards) or take it out as soon as possible.

6. Held Items- Pokemon now can hold a wide variety of items to help them out. A life orb to deal more damage, or leftovers to recover hp every turn.

Start game, pick one of three, catch more, go to gyms and so on and so on, get one master ball catch the rare.

Fiz_The_Toaster:
I was totally expecting a rant, but I appreciate this much much better.

I'm really tired so had I been more awake I probably would've fallen for it.

arc1991:

jaffrosheep:

Aaaaaand I was one of those people, I was all set to go into rage mode too, and felt like an idiot (relieved?) when it was a joke.

I love April fools, the only day you can make shit up and no one can have ago at you for it! xD

Zachary Amaranth:

Hazzard:

Kind of inclined to agree. The worst part about B/W was the inability to catch previous gen Pokémon until endgame time.

I thought that was the best idea they have had in a while. It meant old time players couldn't make there favourite party again, it forced them to think and compare the new Pokemon. It meant that the players had to change there regular formula, pretty much promoting the new Pokemon, sure some people may say that Vanillux Is crap, but if you use him correctly, he his actually one awesome Pokemon.

If they had used the old formula, the new Pokemon wouldn't have had the limelight and Pokemon like Vanillux or even Drillbur and Axew would of barely been used, which is what the series was lacking in Gen 3 and 4. Lets face it, unless you had the water starter, you used Gyarados. Everyone did. :P

(Possibly Tentacruel >.>)

mattttherman3:

Shawn MacDonald:

mattttherman3:

Start game, pick one of three, catch more, go to gyms and so on and so on, get one master ball catch the rare.

Don't want to burst your bubble, that means you can't play most games that continued the story. Alright there are a few games that mix it up, but the for the most part they don't. You don't like Pokemon anymore because they follow a formula that works just like most other games. Not happy that they don't have real time fighting or there is no blood. At least Black and White had a better story than most of the other ones. Like to think that most people that play Pokemon only catch the ones they like so they can build a team to kick ass as the game goes on.

bandman232:
Awww I am dissapoint....

Honestly, White and Black 2 is an AWFUL idea.

would you like to explain why?

Hazzard:

even though it's just your opinion.but it's not like I can do anything about it

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked