Free Steam Game Competition!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

NOTE: Please post in this thread if you PM me your story, that way more people can find out about this :)
THIS IS NOW A REQUIREMENT.

Do check back for updated and new games

Hey everybody, for some unknown and still unclear reason, I am doing a Steam game giveaway entirely out of my own pocket! Well, nearly.

Okay, so here's how it works - I give you the game of your choice if you write me in a private message a very short story based around adventure, a sausage and a mushroom. Bonus points if you can shoehorn in a pineapple for a minor role.

(NB- Some games (more expensive, double packs) may require more effort to get. Also please check that you can actually run the games.)
And yeah, you can offer trades but I will do my best to only trade for the good of the giveaway (story still required, just maybe less so)

GAMES:
Fortix x1
Windosill x1
Freedom Fighters x1
BETA KEYS:
Super Monday Night Combat x3 (provided by the rolfwesselius)
No special requirements for this one, only the default.

Remember to add me on steam as Lord Sizzle Montyjing
Also, It'd be awesome if you could donate or give away any games that you might have lying around in this thread.

After 24 hours if enough people have responded I will then begin giving out the games to the best entries, plus could you post in this thread to keep it going? Thanks xD

Winners!

Sizzle Montyjing:
Snip

If I haven't talked to you from earlier on in PMs, I would of thought this was a good April Fools joke. But I know you're not fooling around so this is a real event, and I thank you once more for being so noble to offer games with a fun catch to it.

Alright.. let's see what games you have if I feel like entering- ah all nice especially with the Counter-Strike. I'll see what I can come up with since the requirements are quite a challenge but nothing to complicating, lucky me lol.

How short is a "very short story" anyhow?

Jumplion:
How short is a "very short story" anyhow?

Oh, about a paragraph.
I really don't mind.
I just want to do this before I regret the loss of money xD

Caramel Frappe:
-snip-

Wow, that was fast!
Glad you're here and I look forward to your story :3

Sent you a PM with my random story that is Very Short :D

Oh the stories I can make around an adventure, a sausage, and a mushroom. I'm going for the win and no one can stop me XD

A Leftover For Another Day by New Troll

There was a chill to the air, too cold for lovable meat like Sausage. "I can't stand this no more!" he exclaimed. "We need move, and fast!"
"I agree," replied Mushroom. "I don't know what moron left us on the top shelf of the fridge. We really need to work our way down to the safety of the crisper."
So together, they worked their way down to the safety of the crisper.

The end.

I already have all those games, so this was just for amusement's sake.

I'm pants at stories but thought i'd bump your thread so more people can see it.

People love free things.

Rawne1980:
I'm pants at stories but thought i'd bump your thread so more people can see it.

People love free things.

That they do.
Also, you honestly don't need to be good at writing for this.
The criteria are an adventure involving a sausage and a mushroom.
It's not intended for good writing, just for shits n' giggles.

Also, thanks for the bump. :D

I sent in my entry. I hope I win!

Rawne1980:

People love free things.

Dude, sausage, mushroom and adventure. The masturbation and gay jokes write themselves!

ALL THE THINGS!

OT: Erm, something? I dunno, whatever's left over. :P

There is no way in hell that I am going to pass up the opportunity to get free stuff.

Edit: By the way, if this turns out to be an April Fools joke, I will hunt you down and do unspeakable things to your soul for no readily apparent reason.

Edit 2: It wasn't. I've called off any and all attack dogs that I remember sending. Any that I forgot are your problem.

Posting my entry here for posterity:

Im giving you a few beta keys for monday night combat for the contest.

rolfwesselius:

You are an incredibly kind soul.
If you want anything from that list, you may find it suddenly easier to acquire :D
Not corruption, it's just you are great :D

Sizzle Montyjing:

rolfwesselius:

You are an incredibly kind soul.
If you want anything from that list, you may find it suddenly easier to acquire :D
Not corruption, it's just you are great :D

I suggest you rename the thread.
To something that draws people in like.
The sizzling steam free games contest.

rolfwesselius:

I suggest you rename the thread.
To something that draws people in like.
The sizzling steam free games contest.

That's a pretty good idea.
It'll get the people rolling in :D

Hal10k:
There is no way in hell that I am going to pass up the opportunity to get free stuff.

Posting my entry here for posterity:

Best interpretation of the Story of Creation ever! 5 Stars!

I think i went a bit overboard but I hope you like my story
My pc has 1gb of ram so hopefully it can run trine
Heres my story its a bit long

Man, I kinda want to enter for CS:GO, but I would probably end up playing it very little, and all the other games are "meh" to me, so I will pass. Would rather have someone else win them and really enjoy them.

Have a bump though, always cool to see someone doing something like this.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Man, I kinda want to enter for CS:GO, but I would probably end up playing it very little, and all the other games are "meh" to me, so I will pass. Would rather have someone else win them and really enjoy them.

Thanks, i was afraid that I would run out of games too fast, but it looks like everyone (and that isn't many) is just going for bulletstorm.

Hopefully a couple more people head this way so i can get rid of the trine copies.

Sizzle Montyjing:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Thanks, i was afraid that I would run out of games too fast, but it looks like everyone (and that isn't many) is just going for bulletstorm.

Hopefully a couple more people head this way so i can get rid of the trine copies.

I will gladly shoulder the burden of taking any leftovers. Every game to a loving home, right? ^.^

Sizzle Montyjing:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I might have actually gone for Trine, but I already have it. Really nice game.

As donator of this free games contest, I can say that this is a good thing to try and do. For a simple creative story, you can get a game, FREE!

And the Counter Strike story, I could do it in less than 200 words WITH all the bonus words.

So come on and give it a go, it only costs some free creativity!

[Insert overly cheesy grin for selling purposes]

And this ISN'T a April Fools joke! This is real, the ways for getting the stuff is real. You write, even if only a little, and you could win!

story is posted not quite the best thing ever, also forgive my english not my first language, hope it was at least a little entertaining.

One upon a time, there was a sausage, and a Mushroom who lived in perfect harmony in a fridge. They played together, shared stories, and even told each other bedtime stories when the fridge light was turned off. They were best friends, and nothing could tear them apart.

Then on that one faithful day, a huge giant hand came in and snatched the sausage, and no matter how hard the mushroom tried to grab him, his best friend slipped from his cold mushy fingers. He screamed, and then he screamed, shouting to the mushroom that he didn't want to die, and he wanted to live in the fridge with him until he was old and mouldy. The fridge door was open, and what he saw was his best friend being dipped into a pan on a medium heat, and a huge blood curling scream as he slowly burned to death in that frying pan. The mushroom looked over as he saw his burned friend stiff and lifeless, and he couldn't stop crying. His friend, the only person who he ever cared about, dead. The pineapple comforted the mushroom, and said "it's okay, I lost my girlfriend the tomato in exactly the same way, it happens to the best of us"

Nowadays, all the mushroom does is toss and turn in his sleep, scared that maybe he will meet the same fate as his friend. Life is uncertain, and fragile for the brave little mushroom who lives in that cold dark fridge.

I had this whole thing written out only to realize that in order to get the CS key, it had to be a CS story. well, there was 20 minutes wasted.

Fuck it, please consider my story for the CS GO beta despite the fact that it has nothing to do with CS! Assuming nobody else does one first.

Absurdistein 3D!

It had been twelve days now, twelve days with neither sun nor water. Fatigue and malnourishment was making it's mark on Pineapple,, his once armored body and vibrant leafs starting to sag and soften. Mushroom had not gone unscathed either. Were they to fail here, so close to the end of their journey, withering before even attempting to stop Sausage? No, thought Mushroom. Stay strong. For Pineapple. If Mushroom were to show signs of weakness now, it would destroy the last of Pineapples resolve. They had to do this. They had to reach the Kitchen Counter, where Sausage had made his lair. They had to end him, honor bound as they were through their previous friendship to the once noble meat that had now gone bad. This was their quest, their duty. Mushroom would see Sausage fall, if it was the last thing he did.

"Come Pineapple, we should get moving. Here, lean on me for a while, almost there old friend."

...now I feel like actually writing an entire short story about this. Also, I feel hungry for pizza with sausage, pineapple and mushrooms.

Sizzle Montyjing:
snip

I gots myself an extra copy of Freedom Force that I was not doing anything with (since none of my IRL friends wanted it). Do you want it for the giveaway?

BreakfastMan:

Sizzle Montyjing:
snip

I gots myself an extra copy of Freedom Force that I was not doing anything with (since none of my IRL friends wanted it). Do you want it for the giveaway?

That would be freakin' awesome and I would love you forever. :D
It would also gain you some positive disposition form me if you wanted a game :)

wintercoat:

I will gladly shoulder the burden of taking any leftovers. Every game to a loving home, right? ^.^

You are a very kind soul.
So selfless and always helping others :P

Sizzle Montyjing:

BreakfastMan:

Sizzle Montyjing:
snip

It would also gain you some positive disposition form me if you wanted a game :)

'Kay, sent. Don't really want anything in return. I am doing this "out of the kindness of my heart" so to speak. :) And because I could not get rid of the bloody thing and it was driving me crazy. <.< >.>

Sizzle Montyjing:

BreakfastMan:

Sizzle Montyjing:
snip

wintercoat:

You are a very kind soul.
So selfless and always helping others :P

Aren't I just? They should build monuments to my kindness.

Seems like a fun way to pass a touch of the day, so long as it truly is not trickery most dastardly.
I feel so ashamed though that I could not fit in the Pineapple T-T.

My hats are off to those who donate(d) games for this great undertaking of amateur storytelling using such... Abusable keywords.

What a fun little contest. I shall participate, for the sake of writing a story about a mushroom, a sausage, a pineapple, and an adventure.

Turns out, I am terrible at keeping stories short.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked