Valves April fools joke

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://store.steamppowered.com/ Valve added something to steam. What are your thoughts?

That nasty fat bastard.

That isn't a joke, that's very cruel torture. :)

Captcha: "veg out" - yup!

That's not funny at all, especially if they know that we've been waiting so long for it!

pilouuuu:
That's not funny at all, especially if they know that we've been waiting so long for it!

It is more or less a joke, considering that people are 'still' actually waiting.

Speaking as someone whos not remotely arsed about HL3...That is fucking legendary!

I hereby declare this to be awesome... if somewhat cruel.

Gotta love Valve.

Best April fools joke ever.

Can you actully pay for that? DO you get anything for buying it?

Oh man, that's just heartless. I love it.

I should be angrier... but I respect them too much for having the balls to pull such a joke.

It would be even funnier if you could actually buy it, and when you open the box you get a picture with that trollface.

Expected, but hella funny nonetheless.

Hahaha, MW3 still costs a full $60, they're hilarious!

Dandark:
Best April fools joke ever.

Can you actully pay for that? DO you get anything for buying it?

If you click on it, it just takes you to a page with art of Gabe Newell pulling a trollface and a standard "April Fool's!" message.

Its not even april fools anymore!!!

I've never played the half-life games and even when I saw that I thought "Oh my god, how totally fucking cruel...and hilarious"

And you know there had to be at least ONE person who ought there who saw it, joygasmed in their pants, squealed with glee for 30 minutes straight before clicking on it...and then had to fight the urge to slit their wrists.

Why is the address steam "PP" owered?

Indecipherable:

Probably because Valve didn't actually make the site.

Pandalink:

Indecipherable:

Probably because Valve didn't actually make the site.

That is what I was getting at.

I'll be crying over in this corner on a pile of broken dreams. Don't mind me...

Ooooooh, that Gaben. What a cook :3

Seen this coming from a mile away.

Still, it's nice to see Valve screwing with the Half-Life fans so much. The only kind of screwing with the fans I can get behind.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Hahaha, MW3 still costs a full $60, they're hilarious!

If you want a real laugh, go look what the buggy ass PC version of Black Ops costs.

Durgiun:
Seen this coming from a mile away.

Still, it's nice to see Valve screwing with the Half-Life fans so much. The only kind of screwing with the fans I can get behind.

Looks like someones jealous. I know we Half Life fans are more charismatic and sexy than the rest of the gaming community - dont hate us cause were beautiful.

It's funny because, even though they're on the same engine as TF2, L4D games have constant problems with connection and Valve somehow messed that up and then ignores it for more than 2 years...

Hahaha, this is exactly why I love Valve. Surely the excited would stop and think "hang on, what date is it?"

Ha! I've never played Half-Life and I can just sense the nerd rage induced.

It hurts. It really does.

Doesn't look like Valve did it though. It would have been on Steam rather than a secondary website made to look like steam if they did.

anian:
It's funny because, even though they're on the same engine as TF2, L4D games have constant problems with connection and Valve somehow messed that up and then ignores it for more than 2 years...

How does this have anything to do with the topic at all? If you want to complain about L4D multiplayer networking go and make a thread about it.

Be funnier if this had actually been done by Valve on the main site but either way its kudos points to whoever went to all the effort!

Never seen the desire to play HL3 myself though, HL2 didn't exactly blow me away.

That's even worse than what they said about EA buying steam on another website.

I wouldn't be surprised if they actually release half life 3 on april the 1st and see how many people buy it.

Ahhh ya tricky fat bastard.... 'twas a pretty good joke... but also a very painfull one...

But gotta give ya credit valve... ya sneaky bastards...

(note: my captcha is "Yeah Right".... lol)

They shouldn't have done it simply because it was way too obvious. I doubt anyone with valve experience believed this was real.

Something a little more credibility would be to make a video titled "pyros face" or something similar and reveal him/her to simply be a smaller version of heavy. And possible a transvestite to boot.

This is the best April Fool's joke I have ever seen.

ZehMadScientist:
It would be even funnier if you could actually buy it, and when you open the box you get a picture with that trollface.

Expected, but hella funny nonetheless.

That's kind of what I did for a friend's birthday, I had a white box sealed with the official big sticker that had the Turtle Beach logo etc. When my friend opened his present, it had pictures of troll faces in it and a broken headset that came with my Xbox 360 >=)

Edit: Wait... the web address says: store.steamppowered.com

Why the extra 'p'? Has it always been like that? Is it actually Valve doing this?

That is brilliant.

Last night one of my lecturers posted online that we've got a lab exam today. Here's hoping that's an April fools joke too.

Valve didn't make this, but it's still pretty funny regardless!

Yeah honestly Im thinking this is a tad more sinister than just valve throwing a gag. As in installing malware onto PCs by tricking people into thinking they are actually on a webpage of valves that it simply looks like valves webpage and tries to run an activeX script as the page loads.

Yeah, look before you link.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked