Valves April fools joke

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

OH HOH HOH VALVE, GOOD ONE! HURR HAA HURR

But really, my jaw dropped when I saw it.. and then I remembered the day. Cruel Valve, just cruel.

Alright, say it with me everyone: "Valve did NOT do this. This was a prank on a fake website."

ResonanceGames:
Alright, say it with me everyone: "Valve did NOT do this. This was a prank on a fake website."

Of course Valve didn't do it. It's not April first in Valve Time yet. They still have another six or seven months, depending on if their prank's alpha build gets leaked or not.

pilouuuu:
That's not funny at all, especially if they know that we've been waiting so long for it!

They just want to make it as good as Duke Nuckem Forever is all

I guess it's just back to waiting. I guess I could still play Half Life 2 another few hundred fans.

Most wary users would see this a mile away but... I still clicked on it.

;_;

Combine Rustler:
Oh Gaben, you wonderful bastard.

We love you so.

I don't

Well considering everyone is such good sports to my banter in this thread and the coming weekend is a loooong one (2x bank holidays sweeeet) i shall get around to playing half life 2! :D so i can join in all your need and want for HL3 perhaps abit behind schedule though

A Satanic Panda:

ResonanceGames:

Of course Valve didn't do it. It's not April first in Valve Time yet. They still have another six or seven months, depending on if their prank's alpha build gets leaked or not.

This made me laugh more than the joke.

Ergh, those bastards milking the HL2 engine til its not just dead, its basically vampirical on itself and its consumers, really quite discusting, I don't know if I'd even buy HL3 now, by my watch its about 1-2 years late.

Its crap like that that makes me avoid the internet as much as possible on april fools day.

I don't think this was Valve's doing. Clever though.

Fake site:

http://store.steamppowered.com/

Official site:

http://store.steampowered.com

Conza:
Ergh, those bastards milking the HL2 engine til its not just dead, its basically vampirical on itself and its consumers, really quite discusting, I don't know if I'd even buy HL3 now, by my watch its about 1-2 years late.

So just to clarify, by 'milk' you mean 'originally conceived to be modular and long-lasting' and by 'discusting' you mean 'mildly annoying.'

Source isn't going to win any graphics awards, but people who've played CS:GO say it looks a hell of a lot better than the last COD game, so it's not like it isn't current. It just isn't exactly Cryengine.

ResonanceGames:

Conza:

So just to clarify, by 'milk' you mean 'originally conceived to be modular and long-lasting' and by 'discusting' you mean 'mildly annoying.'

Source isn't going to win any graphics awards, but people who've played CS:GO say it looks a hell of a lot better than the last COD game, so it's not like it isn't current. It just isn't exactly Cryengine.

Let me clarify the 'correct' meaning of what you're trying to draw from my statements, and 'my' opinion. The HL2 engine, while impressive when first released, has lived too long, even for a long life engine, and as much as I enjoyed HL2, CS:S & Portal; Portal 2 and the new CS should've been put on a 'HL3' engine.

So by 'milking to...not just death' ect, I mean, used up, for all of its potential resources, then continued on for the purposes of profit, not for new and exciting games.

No, its disgusting, they know this engine has lasted way too long, and that it should've been phased out years ago, its dated, and they release 'so called' new games with it only to serve their bottom lines, and I think that, is discusting.

Yes it clearly isn't going to win any graphics awards, it didn't deserve any after 06, but saying its 'good' because it beats COD is pathetic, pathetic for source to have to take small victories like 'better than an ancient console shooter game produced by Activision'.

CryEngine, now there's a company that is constantly improving its technology... its a pity its gameplay stories are so shallow.

I think Valve wins April fools day hands down.

Gotta say, I'm not even a huge Half Life fan...and by that I mean I've never played any of the games and don't know if there's supposed to be a space, dash, or nothing between the words "half" and "life". However I still got a decent laugh out of this due to how incredibly simple it was. "Click here to see a giant middle finger" is what it equates to. As I said, so simple, and yet exceedingly wicked towards the fanbase. They're officially just straight up taunting you about it now. :P

SextusMaximus:
Valve didn't make this, but it's still pretty funny regardless!

See, it wouldn't have been funny if Valve made it.

Hard to make a successful joke and point out that you're, like, years behind on your work in the same breath... "You know what's hillarious about this? The fact that we're lazy and without pity!"... doesn't go over too well. :-P

Guardian of Nekops:

SextusMaximus:
Valve didn't make this, but it's still pretty funny regardless!

See, it wouldn't have been funny if Valve made it.

Hard to make a successful joke and point out that you're, like, years behind on your work in the same breath... "You know what's hillarious about this? The fact that we're lazy and without pity!"... doesn't go over too well. :-P

I think it would have been a brilliant F-U to people, regardless of pointing out their own weaknesses. They're obviously going to be aware of the almost meme-worthy phenomena of "Valve Time", so why not make a joke out of it?;)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked