Warhammer 40k fused with Star Wars

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Just wondering what would happen if these two universes found each other and/or fused together.
Beware of the Jedi-Sith-God-Empereur.

This is not a VS thread it is more like what the hell would happen if a Space Marine had jedi techings and other crazy things like that.

If Space Marine had Jedi teaching they wouldn't be half as zealous and would probably nuke planets from orbit far less.

If a space marine was a Jedi then they would be much less awesome.
If they were a Sith then they would be a less awesome Chaos Marine.

Imperial Guardsmen would lose all accuracy and miss everything, which would result in mass destruction due to how powerful their weapons can be.

Ships would be smaller but faster.

Humanity would probably be more accepting of alien races and would be nowhere near as awesome.
That's how 40K would be affected.

The empire would become even more oppresive and xenophobic. They would also be cooler.

Stormtroopers would actully be able to hit their targets resulting in much more success in battle.

Jedi would still suck.
The Sith would still be better, but now they would be even cooler.

Vehicles like At-Ats would triple in size.

A super star destroyer would become a scout ship and the death star would be considered a light frigate.

The emperor would be cooler and his personal guard would be genetically enhanced to be overpowered.
That is how Star Wars would be affected.

Summary: Star wars would get better, 40K would get worse.
My bias may be showing.

What would happen?

A great many angry fanboys would happen.

But...psykers already exist in Warhammer 40K...

Guardsmen would become far deadlier, but they wouldn't be able to hit anything.

Star Wars Blasters operate on plasma technology, which in the 40K verse is fucking deadly to anything wearing Carapace Armor or stronger.

However, they'd all be trained by Stormtroopers for aiming.

Soviet Heavy:

Which raises the question: who's the better shot - Orks or Stormtroopers?

Kahunaburger:

Soviet Heavy:

Orks because they have more dakka. Stormtroopers get stuck with semi-automatics.

Kahunaburger:

Soviet Heavy:

Orks. Remember, ork snipers wiped out an entire Space Marine chapter by sniping all their apothecaries. The last one even got hit while he was already back from the mission. That's orky marksmanship for ya.

Kahunaburger:

Soviet Heavy:

"Aiming", watz dat?

When you fire a weapon there's a 100% chance it will hit something.

Of course, if that doesn't work...choppaz.

OT: Well, the 40K universe already has jedi, they're called the Eldar.

Mathak:

Kahunaburger:

Soviet Heavy:

Orks. Remember, ork snipers wiped out an entire Space Marine chapter by sniping all their apothecaries. The last one even got hit while he was already back from the mission. That's orky marksmanship for ya.

Really?

wow those Orks never end to impress me it seems

I forsee a great disturbance in the force...

Although, a Chaos influenced republic Emperor would be interesting. You know he'd side with Tzeentch... dirty old git.

JordanXlord:

Mathak:

Kahunaburger:

Really?

Yup. A pity too, the chapter in question, the Celestial Lions, were rather outspoken against the harsh methods of the Holy Inquisition. Now they'll never have a chance to see the error of their ways.

Curse those extremely precise and extremely selective ork snipers.

40k would be watered down, Star Wars would be better.

What would The God-Emperor gain from being a Jedi? Nothing.

Force Lightning can eventually melt someone's skin?
Oh, that's nice.
The Emperor of Mankind can instantly channel the power of a thousand suns into a laser that obliterates your soul. Literally. It's what he did to Horus.

For every Jedi and Sith, 40k has 100 psykers who control powers that would make a Force user crap himself in terror.

I think the thing about star wars blaster being plasma based may be wrong, only wikipedia clams that, most other sources say they are a light based particle weapon. which would put them on par with a las rifle.

Still a bunch of marines running around with light sabres would be funny. Seeing as how lightsabres are meant to be plasma blades and space marines are armoured in ceramic plates, You know like the tiles they put on the space shuttle to protect it from burning up during entry. It would be one flashy nerf fight with the marines swatting at each other harmlessly with little glowing sticks.
You know thinking about it I might actually pay to go see that.
You could have them making girlie screams and acting like its a pillow fight, while the jedi is off in the corner not taking part, just in case he brakes a nail or something :P

When the "good" guys in 40k are just as cruel and merciless as the bad guys in Star Wars, there's not a lot of room for fusing the two places. Jedi and Sith are impressive enough in their own universe, but the Grey Knights would declare both sides to be Heretics, burn their temples to the ground, hunt them to extinction, and slaughter anyone who ever even heard a story about a Jedi one time from a drunk guy at the cantina, to ensure that even the memory of such heresy is extinguished.

I reckon Yoda could crush a few Space Marines in their armour.

Well, this is turning into a versus thred ;~;
What i would like to see is a Jedi in the space marines Armor, 40k ships using the star wars warp drive, no more needed to go throught a dimension of madness.
Orks with force powers. (that would be scary)
Psyker Ewoks.
Space Marines with oversized light sabers. MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.
And what would happen if Space Marins followed Revan?

yaydod:
Well, this is turning into a versus thred ;~;
What i would like to see is a Jedi in the space marines Armor, 40k ships using the star wars warp drive, no more needed to go throught a dimension of madness.
Orks with force powers. (that would be scary)
Psyker Ewoks.
Space Marines with oversized light sabers. MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS.
And what would happen if Space Marins followed Revan?

Obviously it would happen whatever you want it to happen. You are pushing for fusing of two incompatible universes, so it's not like there is only One True Way things will turn out.

I just had an image of Yoda wielding a chainsword yelling "Heretics shall burn they will"

Lion El Jonson shot first.

Actully Jedi in power armour? Wouldn't Librarians count as that? They are pretty much space marine psykers after all.

By the influence of Kyle Katarn and his infallible facial hair the Imperium of Man would no longer display rank by large ornate hats, but outstanding beards!

Also the Ewoks would defeat all the Chaos Marines with sticks and stones.

RevRaptor:
I think the thing about star wars blaster being plasma based may be wrong, only wikipedia clams that, most other sources say they are a light based particle weapon. which would put them on par with a las rifle.

Still a bunch of marines running around with light sabres would be funny. Seeing as how lightsabres are meant to be plasma blades and space marines are armoured in ceramic plates, You know like the tiles they put on the space shuttle to protect it from burning up during entry. It would be one flashy nerf fight with the marines swatting at each other harmlessly with little glowing sticks.
You know thinking about it I might actually pay to go see that.
You could have them making girlie screams and acting like its a pillow fight, while the jedi is off in the corner not taking part, just in case he brakes a nail or something :P

There are plasma weapons in 40K that are hot enough to burn through Space Marine armour. Also, aren't lightsabers some sort of solid light, and not plasma?

That said, a slap-fight between Space Marines is a hilarious image.

OT: the merging would be really strange; it would be neat to see Gothic-style Jedi running around in power armour, devastating worlds that may be hiding Sith.

The Imperium would force the Empire to join them or be destroyed. Jedi would be burned as heretics and their lightsabers would become butter knives for the Space Wolves. The Death Star would be given to the Guardsmen for use in minor conflicts.

The problem is Star Wars has rules and reality. 40k is a universe where everyone has the power to destroy a planet with a wave of their hand. The Eldar created a damn god because they partied too hard and almost destroyed the Universe. That is 40k's greatest strength and greatest weakness as a story telling mechanism. Anything that you want made, can be made.

Jodah:
The Eldar created a damn god because they partied too hard and almost destroyed the Universe.

I love that definition.

Freechoice:

Jodah:
The Eldar created a damn god because they partied too hard and almost destroyed the Universe.

I love that definition.

Indeed however that is by no means an exaggeration. Because of their long lives many of the things that Eldar used to gain pleasure from stopped giving them pleasure so they started to try out everything they could. They started doing hedonistic acts that 1 million Caligulas couldn't pull off which resulted in the birth of Slannesh the Chaos god of pleasure.

Mathak:

Yup. A pity too, the chapter in question, the Celestial Lions, were rather outspoken against the harsh methods of the Holy Inquisition. Now they'll never have a chance to see the error of their ways.

Have to point out, last mention of Celestial Lions was during the Third War for Armageddon, where they did get gutted, when they stormed a gargant production yard, not realising the gargants were operational, and they hadn't commited thier entire chapter, only 4-6 companies if memorey serves. Gargants do not snipe.

Jodah:
The problem is Star Wars has rules and reality. 40k is a universe where everyone has the power to destroy a planet with a wave of their hand. The Eldar created a damn god because they partied too hard and almost destroyed the Universe. That is 40k's greatest strength and greatest weakness as a story telling mechanism. Anything that you want made, can be made.

Not the Halo arrays. That's the one thing I know of that 40k has yet to match or beat.

OT: Fusing any universe with 40k makes 40k less badass and the other part more badass. It's nigh-upon invariable, because that's the way Games Workshop rolls. If something tops them, they'll put in something that tops that.

However, Warhammer 40,000 doesn't have lightsabers except in Eisenhorn. So, the Imperium would probably like those.

RevRaptor:
Still a bunch of marines running around with light sabres would be funny.

You know if Space Marines used lightsabers they would be chain-lightsabers.

Mathak:

Kahunaburger:

Soviet Heavy:

Yes, Ork marksmanship... let's go with that. >.> <.< Nothing to see here folks, carry on your glorious service in the Emperor's name. Also: never question an Inquisitor. Ever. An Inquisitor carries His Holy authority, questioning that implies heresy.
- The Emperor Protects.

OT: Mixing 40k and anything is like mixing oil and water. 40k doesn't mix very well exactly because of how extreme it is. The Imperium would destroy any humans associating with xenos rather than negotiate with them, in fact they did just this during the Great Crusade, during the "Golden Age". By the year 40,000 they'd be even less inclined to tolerate aliens.

Mathak:

JordanXlord:

Mathak:

Really?

It seems No One Expects The Imperial Inquisition.

Warhammer 40k would look petty.
Why?

Kyle Katarns beard, that's goddamn why.

Djinn8:
Lion El Jonson shot first.

Sly Marbo disagrees.

Mathak:

Well. That's not suspicious in any way. Not at all.

Maybe the Imperium would be a little nicer? If so they'd likely be a little bit better off...maybe they'd let the Emperor die? Then he'd either get resurrected and lead humanity on to greatness or just die, leaving us even more thoroughly screwed. Otherwise, eh no real difference, I can't see the Jedi making much of a difference on the battlefield and their tech is inferior generally. Their faster than light travel might be useful though, if it works without using the warp then that would seriously mix things up.

The other way around, if say space marines existed in Star Wars...well they'd kinda mess everything up. I think Jedi/Sith would fare well enough against them (excluding some of the more dangerous ones) but the average trooper? Honestly I'm not even sure their version of heavy weaponry would stop a space marine/bigger Tyranid/necron/anything really...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked