Dragon Age 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Just wondering people, what do you guys want to see for dragon age 3? i loved origins and its expansion pack, i didnt play any of its other DLC's. i actually *holds up flame shield* really liked dragon age 2 although i do prefer origins but i still really enjoyed 2. As for 3 i hope you get to play as a new character. I hope the character has a voice like hawke but that like origins you can choose what race to play. As for the story i hope that its about this character trying to find out what happened to the warden and hawke. Im not great at coming up with ideas, but it'll be interesting to see what everyone else wants. And please no bashing dragon age 2 OR origins. You want to do that go somewhere else.

I think it's pretty much been confirmed that you'll play as a whole new protagonist, though the Warden and Hawke might show up.

DA2's combat mechanics + DA:O's leveling system and level design would be ideal.

I just want it like Origins, in feel, in art style, in atompshere, in combat, becuase for me at least, Origins was a near perfect game.

More exploration wouldn't go amiss, if they could create a rural feel like in Skyrim, it would be epic.

Retcon any changes you made in 2.

Build on DAO's system. Do not "Streamline".

If it's anything like DA2, then I'll give it a pass. A wide one.
I think I've got enough of consolized games for now.
I'm a Bioware fan, but I don't care if they write the best story-driven RPG ever, I'm just tired of playing with shoddy game-mechanics.

That said...
I always loved the Castle building mechanics, as seen in Neverwinter Nights 2 and, to a lesser degree, DA: Awakening.
I'd like to see that returned, as well as more party control. I.e. bring back the party and skill customization options from DA:O, and stop trying to force a mage into my party.

I can't wait for the obligatory multiplayer mode that you need to play in order to achieve the best ending! Oh wait, wrong franchise.

Eh, with the mess that was DA2, I really don't even want to imagine what DA3 will be like.

If I had to picks some things I would like, though:
1) Get rid of player character voice over. It's a waste.
2) Better armour and cooler weapons.
3) A story that isn't complete crap. (I'm looking at you, DA2 ending).
4) Unique environments that aren't copy/paste

That's all I can think of now.

Fawxy:
I think it's pretty much been confirmed that you'll play as a whole new protagonist, though the Warden and Hawke might show up.

DA2's combat mechanics + DA:O's leveling system and level design would be ideal.

I thought it was confirmed that you were carrying on as Hawke. Do you have a link for this? Have they changed their minds AGAIN?

Looked it up myself. You are correct, sir. Man, that makes DA2 feel even more pointless. They need to stop taking mulligans and pick a fucking protagonist already.

1) Interesting encounter design.
2) Good writing.
3) Emphasis on non-"romance" character interaction.

Basically all they need to do is make it DA2 but with a better story and relearn how to properly reuse environments. If your going to reuse the same environment twenty times then at least go back to how they did it origins and hide it a little more.

BloatedGuppy:

Fawxy:

I thought it was confirmed that you were carrying on as Hawke. Do you have a link for this? Have they changed their minds AGAIN?

Looked it up myself. You are correct, sir. Man, that makes DA2 feel even more pointless. They need to stop taking mulligans and pick a fucking protagonist already.

Nah, I like the change. Hawke's a fucking ponce. Hopefully I'll get to play as an elf again. Or a dwarf. Or a dragon. >:D

Oh, I think you'll also like this piece of information:

DA3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER

Kahunaburger:

Oh god QFT.

Bioware seems to make so much effort with writing romances, when their best character writing is not with romances at all - look at Garrus in ME3.

Fawxy:
Nah, I like the change. Hawke's a fucking ponce. Hopefully I'll get to play as an elf again. Or a dwarf. Or a dragon. >:

Bite your tongue. Ladyhawke was kind of hot, and I liked her. Also, she killed that moaning hippie Anders, so she has a special place in my heart.

Whitbane:
I can't wait for the obligatory multiplayer mode...

Well, there will be a multiplayer mode, but whether it'll influence the singleplayer has yet to be seen/revealed(hopefully not):

A BioWare insider mentioned that there are rumors of multiplayer being added to Dragon Age III. Not only would warriors face each other in combat, but apparently, dragons would be playable as well. The multiplayer is being developed on DICE's Frostbite 2, the same game engine used for Battlefield 3. The multiplayer is supposedly an arena-based affair and features player versus environment elements as well as player versus player.

As for:

Tayh:
If it's anything like DA2, then I'll give it a pass. A wide one.

you might be a bit disappointed, as Muzyka has said that:

BioWare is planning on fusing elements of both earlier games in the series, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, into the creation of Dragon Age III.

so it'll be similar to both, hopefully taking the best from both and working them into the third.

As for what I'm excited about myself? Well:
*Getting to explore more of Thedas is going to be exciting.
*More of the tactical gameplay I've come to love from both one and two, with hopefully even more refinement.
*If they manage to handle the mage/templar conflict properly, I think that'll be quite something to watch unfold, as well.
*Whether you like it or not, a voiced main character is likely to happen. I'm looking forward to seeing who that voice will be. I think Jo Wyatt did a good job in DA2, maybe someone like Laura Bailey for the third time around. I wouldn't be surprised by that, seeing as she's been involved with Bioware before.
*More than 2 or 3 different dungeons.

All in all though, I'm very optimistic. I mean hell, it's almost been longer in development than DA2 now, so that's gotta count for something.

Source

EDIT:

endtherapture:

Kahunaburger:

Oh god QFT.

Bioware seems to make so much effort with writing romances, when their best character writing is not with romances at all - look at Garrus in ME3.

Actually, Garrus is romanceable and it's actually quite sweet to see him and FemShep together.

Also, damn ninjas on the multiplayer >.<

BloatedGuppy:

Fawxy:
Nah, I like the change. Hawke's a fucking ponce. Hopefully I'll get to play as an elf again. Or a dwarf. Or a dragon. >:

Bite your tongue. Ladyhawke was kind of hot, and I liked her. Also, she killed that moaning hippie Anders, so she has a special place in my heart.

The warden was so much better though. He doesn't afraid of anything.

Fawxy:
The warden was so much better though. He doesn't afraid of anything.

The Warden was a blank slate. "He" wasn't anything, including a he. If you're into blank slates as heroes, that's fine, but Bioware's delivery seems to lend itself to a more defined hero, ala Shepard. Bethesda does Tabula Rasa gaming better.

I'm hesitant to wade into the treacherous waters of defending DA2, but the voiced protagonist was a step forward for the series, I thought. Whether Man Hawke was a ponce or not I can't really say. My Hawke had boobs.

This is a very big assumption, but the reason I think they want you to play as a blank slate is for another experiment. Have the Warden and Hawke as party members for your new character, and their attitudes are based on the choices you made when you played as them in their respective games.

That is a cool idea if they actually do it.

Fawxy:
DA3 WILL HAVE MULTIPLAYER

It's a good thing I'm not going to be getting DA3 then, since it will likely be more like DA2

BloatedGuppy:

Fawxy:

The overall plotline in DA2 was meant to merely be expansion material for DA:O. They had to severely inflate the middle act and extend the end fights to make it a "full" game. The plotline in DA2 was supposed to introduce Hawke as a mover and shaker, show that Flemeth was still in the game, and set up the collapse of the Templar/Mage system. At some point however EA said we want a full sequel now and instead of telling them to STFU like they should have Bioware caved. Thus the mess that was DA2.

Sp3ratus:

you might be a bit disappointed, as Muzyka has said that:

BioWare is planning on fusing elements of both earlier games in the series, Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, into the creation of Dragon Age III.

so it'll be similar to both, hopefully taking the best from both and working them into the third.

That reveals pretty much nothing and Mr. Muzyka just stated the obvious. Given the lies we have been told regarding ME3 (no hijacking intended), I don't believe a word he or anyone from EA Bioware says.

Back to the original question:
I want to see dialogues with many choices, i.e. more than 3 (I'm looking at you, stupid conversation wheel!) and would been very happy to trade voice acting for it.
Thus Dragon Age: Origins dialogues = yes. Dragon Age 2 dialogues = go away.

I want a large world with many wide corridors, at least with what we saw in DA:O.

I want less-anime graphics. Something a bit realistic, with weight behind it (=not DA2).

So yeah, pretty much everything that was changed for Dragon Age 2 can go away.

Also having a decent development time for this one would be nice :).

Reading what I just typed, if you please excuse me, I'm going to join the Wasteland 2 queue.

I hope they do the whole "sections or years of a game" thing like in part 2, only it's section 1: Mage Templar war. Section 2: new blight with architect, corypheus and a damn arch demon. You'd have to bring the warring factions from section 1 together so they don't all die at the hand of the darkspawn horde in section 2. This is what my brother and I cooked up as a scenario last year of a good way to do part 3. Now that I'm reading it back of sounds a lot like Mass Effect 3. Maybe I'm just a little too used to BioWare's tricks after all these years.

Combat: indifferent.
Story: is going to be shit anyway, like in the first two games.
Writing: more like Origins. No dialog wheel please. And for the love of God, write some characters that dont run around with "I am nothing but a romance option" signs over their heads all game.

all i would want from it is DA:O with more exploration

more armour types, but do not try to "anime" it (like that assassin in ME3) if anything look to warhammer for inspiration

also please for the love of god get rid of the sword sound effects from DA2 they were terrible and annoying

ps, higher some decent writers, Dan Abnett is good if you want dark and chatacter driven

Everything that Dragon Age: Origins was, but with Dragon Age 2's combat. The likable characters, the interface with them, the immersive story, the fact it wasn't stream-lined and not to mention the leveling up system with interesting combat?

Not commenting on the actual gameplay I think it would be hilarious of the Warden, Hawke, and whatever new person you play as (assuming we do) met together and you got to control all three parts of the conversation in their respective types (ie choosing lines, dialogue wheel). It's a long shot, I know, but come on it would be amazing.

I loved DA2 and I shouldn't comment on DA:O.

Anyway, I would love it if they went with the third choice as snarky again. Hawke is one of my favourite characters, just because she was snarky all the time. XD Sure, I choose it, but still.

I'd also like to see more variation, fun gameplay and not a cliche story like the first one had, where you know what will happen at the end, after playing for five minutes.

I'll check it out for rental but I probably won't buy it. To be honest, Bioware's burned me on both DA2 and ME3, so my faith in them is at an all-time low despite producing some of my favorite modern action RPGs. Might give them another chance if there was serious talk of a Jade Empire 2.

I want it to be....what's the word...

..Good? yeah that's right.

Aarowbeatsdragon:
Just wondering people, what do you guys want to see for dragon age 3? i loved origins and its expansion pack, i didnt play any of its other DLC's. i actually *holds up flame shield* really liked dragon age 2 although i do prefer origins but i still really enjoyed 2. As for 3 i hope you get to play as a new character. I hope the character has a voice like hawke but that like origins you can choose what race to play. As for the story i hope that its about this character trying to find out what happened to the warden and hawke. Im not great at coming up with ideas, but it'll be interesting to see what everyone else wants. And please no bashing dragon age 2 OR origins. You want to do that go somewhere else.

As the person with the first response pointed out: pretty sure you are going to be playing as an all new protagonist. However the endings to both Origins and DA2 do imply that both The Warden and Hawke will show up in some way or another in DA 2.

Considering the events of DA2, I'd imagine the story is going to take place some time during a civil war between the mages and templars...and seeing as how Hawke was a central figure in the events that led to that said civil war, I'd imagine that means that Hawke, in particular, should have a big role in DA3.

On an interesting note, one of the biggest complaints about DA2 is "IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH DA:O!!!!! >:(" to which I disagree and have actually written a defense towards (search "About Dragon Age II's story..." on the site), it's looking more and more like the events of DA:0 will have nothing to do with the events of the rest of the story. :P

This is a point that I'll actually disagree with since I'm one of the few that see how the events of DA:O impact DA:2 beyond a couple cameos here and there and having the words "Dragon Age" in the title. Just saying I can already hear the haters screaming about how the entire DA series is a bunch of unconnected crap. :P

Sp3ratus:

endtherapture:

Kahunaburger:

Oh god QFT.

Actually, Garrus is romanceable and it's actually quite sweet to see him and FemShep together.

Also, damn ninjas on the multiplayer >.<

Yes, but it's because of the non-romance relationship that Shepard and Garrus have that the relationship is so good. If Garrus wasn't so well characterized as Sheps bro, it just would've been awkward.

Wenseph:
Anyway, I would love it if they went with the third choice as snarky again. Hawke is one of my favourite characters, just because she was snarky all the time. XD Sure, I choose it, but still.

I think that the "snarky" personality option in DA2 stands out as a particularly terrible writing choice even in the sea of terrible writing choices that game was. The Dragon Age team is painfully unfunny at the best of times, and they just don't have enough jokes to sustain a third of the dialogue choices being attempts at humor.

I thought DA2 had a better combat mechanic except for the bullshit waves of enemies from no-where that made tactics a joke since you were ALWAYS about to be flanked. I preferred Origins' epic journey to 2's one city, and Origins ending was better. I kind of suspect 2 was supposed to seque into the cancelled expansion instead of stand on it's own, but now we'll never know.

My favorite combat system in an RPG remains Jade Empire, so moving even more towards that than DA2 did is great in my book.

Kahunaburger:

Wenseph:

I think that the "snarky" personality option in DA2 stands out as a particularly terrible writing choice even in the sea of terrible writing choices that game was. The Dragon Age team is painfully unfunny at the best of times, and they just don't have enough jokes to sustain a third of the dialogue choices being attempts at humor.

Didn't ask for your opinion, didn't want it...

mgs16925:

My favorite combat system in an RPG remains Jade Empire, so moving even more owards that than DA2 did is great in my book.

I've got a fever, and the only cure is more stun-lock!

Looking at Dragon Age 2, I sincerely doubt DA3 would be anything more than a gigantic piece of shit.

It still blows my mind how the managed to fuck up that game so bad.

Sp3ratus:
[snip]

Eh.... That supposed "Dragon Age 3" trailer is from The Witcher 2...

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked