Dragon Age 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Blargh McBlargh:

Sp3ratus:
[snip]

Eh.... That supposed "Dragon Age 3" trailer is from The Witcher 2...

Well, colour me stupid then. Thanks for the correction, I thought it was quite a weird shift from what DA looks like now.

wintercoat:

Sp3ratus:

endtherapture:

Oh god QFT.

Bioware seems to make so much effort with writing romances, when their best character writing is not with romances at all - look at Garrus in ME3.

Actually, Garrus is romanceable and it's actually quite sweet to see him and FemShep together.

Also, damn ninjas on the multiplayer >.<

Yes, but it's because of the non-romance relationship that Shepard and Garrus have that the relationship is so good. If Garrus wasn't so well characterized as Sheps bro, it just would've been awkward.

I'll concede to that. Also, building his character up through 3 games did help, rather than just having one or two as most others.

Well for DA 3 your probably going to at least start in Orlais. Its where Bodhan and Sandal were heading. If Alistar was made King there is a scene in DA 2 where he talks about how some Orlaisains want there old territory back. My guess since the DA 2 expansion was supposed to be called the Exalted Marches is that the quinari have attacked in force. Since Orlais is the religious center of Thedas and home to where ever Divine Justine happens to sit, I'm guessing that the March would of started there, much like our Crusades started in Italy. The Quinari would see this as the perfect time to strike at the heart of "inferior" culture. The game would open with the Divine, Empress, and possibly Leliana trying to escape the city. This would give them a chance to re-introduce the ability to play as different races. You just start as some shmuck who gets caught up in it. A little cliche but hey, it works.

I would also like to see some new teammates, especially a tevinter magister. Through the first two games we have been told they were evil and responsible for the darkspawn, but the DA 2 DLC, i cant think of whats its called right now, cast doubt on this because Cor-whatever the hell his name is says that the city was already black when the mages got there. You could make this interesting too. This magister could be just starting out and ready to make it in Tevinter and your actions and convo's could sway him to use Blood magic or stay with more accepted practices. A summon heavy Demon tree of magic would also be pretty cool.

Anyway just some thoughts and ideas, but when it comes time for DA 3 i know i will be there at midnite. lol

Kahunaburger:

mgs16925:

My favorite combat system in an RPG remains Jade Empire, so moving even more owards that than DA2 did is great in my book.

I've got a fever, and the only cure is more stun-lock!

Its a perscription my friend! A perscription!

Real time tactical battles (like origins) versus that action-adventure style it changed into for no apparent reason.
Level-ups that require thinking choices to alter your character. Gain a strength, gain a weakness.

endtherapture:

Kahunaburger:

3) Emphasis on non-"romance" character interaction.

Oh god QFT.

Bioware seems to make so much effort with writing romances, when their best character writing is not with romances at all - look at Garrus in ME3.

And Varric in DA2, easily the best thing out of that game.

I'd like DA2 combat mechanics with the enemies in DA:O. And the writing to continue throughout the whole game, and not just give up at act 3. I really liked DA2 (nowhere near as much as DA:O, but still, good game) up until act 3.

Also, the game will be in the frostbite 2 engine. Bioware, gief screenshots please, I wish to be aroused by visuals again.

endtherapture:
I just want it like Origins, in feel, in art style, in atompshere, in combat, becuase for me at least, Origins was a near perfect game.

^This. Origins had it right, the only thing I'd take out of DA2 was the viability of Warriors/Rogues for player characters (they were ridiculously underpowered in Origins, though Awakening did do a decent job on catching them up later) and taking out the ability to just take a group full of mages and AoE the shit out of everything (which is fun for a while, but gets old later). Really though, I'd be happy with a true sequel to Origins with just a new story.

(To the quoted's second paragraph, I technically agree, but this is BioWare, that ain't happening, they can't even do/pull off exploration in an MMO, it's just not their thing)

I just hope they make the storyline a bit more sensible than 2 and let the game be challenging. I loved origins whereas DA2 was kind of the bad side of meh.

badreaper74:
Well for DA 3 your probably going to at least start in Orlais. Its where Bodhan and Sandal were heading. If Alistar was made King there is a scene in DA 2 where he talks about how some Orlaisains want there old territory back. My guess since the DA 2 expansion was supposed to be called the Exalted Marches is that the quinari have attacked in force. Since Orlais is the religious center of Thedas and home to where ever Divine Justine happens to sit, I'm guessing that the March would of started there, much like our Crusades started in Italy. The Quinari would see this as the perfect time to strike at the heart of "inferior" culture. The game would open with the Divine, Empress, and possibly Leliana trying to escape the city. This would give them a chance to re-introduce the ability to play as different races. You just start as some shmuck who gets caught up in it. A little cliche but hey, it works.

I would also like to see some new teammates, especially a tevinter magister. Through the first two games we have been told they were evil and responsible for the darkspawn, but the DA 2 DLC, i cant think of whats its called right now, cast doubt on this because Cor-whatever the hell his name is says that the city was already black when the mages got there. You could make this interesting too. This magister could be just starting out and ready to make it in Tevinter and your actions and convo's could sway him to use Blood magic or stay with more accepted practices. A summon heavy Demon tree of magic would also be pretty cool.

Anyway just some thoughts and ideas, but when it comes time for DA 3 i know i will be there at midnite. lol

Ninja'd!

All roads lead to Orlais for the sequel, which to me just feels like more padding. Take the game to Tevinter FFS, thats where everyone wants to go. Or hey, here's a wild idea, how about having both? How about being able to play as both the Warden AND Hawke, in two seperate storylines, that come together in some kind of epic conflict. On one side you've got the warden, on the other, Hawke. So you have to play both characters in the finale. No matter what happens, you will both win, and lose. Biware cover all the bases just to play it safe to avoid the kind of fan rage that ME3 caused, everybody wins!

Whitbane:
I can't wait for the obligatory multiplayer mode that you need to play in order to achieve the best ending! Oh wait, wrong franchise.

Eh, with the mess that was DA2, I really don't even want to imagine what DA3 will be like.

If I had to picks some things I would like, though:
1) Get rid of player character voice over. It's a waste.
2) Better armour and cooler weapons.
3) A story that isn't complete crap. (I'm looking at you, DA2 ending).
4) Unique environments that aren't copy/paste

That's all I can think of now.

You don't have to play the multiplayer to get the best possible ending. If you disconnect from the internet, your Galactic Readiness doesn't go down daily. That is what I read on the wiki at least, that might be different now.

Whitbane:
I can't wait for the obligatory multiplayer mode that you need to play in order to achieve the best ending! Oh wait, wrong franchise.

Eh, with the mess that was DA2, I really don't even want to imagine what DA3 will be like.

If I had to picks some things I would like, though:
1) Get rid of player character voice over. It's a waste.
2) Better armour and cooler weapons.
3) A story that isn't complete crap. (I'm looking at you, DA2 ending).
4) Unique environments that aren't copy/paste

That's all I can think of now.

You don't need multiplayer for the best ending. There wasn't even any reason to build up resources you still got a shit ending.
I will buy it because wether it will be based off of da2 or da:o it will be fine to me. After replaying da2 I found I enjoyed it but not as much as da:o.

Just put in characters that don't make me want to kill them. And make it so using blood magic actually has fucking consequences. I hate everything about blood magic in these games and am severely pissed off about how the game seems to not even care if I am one.

how about this.

make a game where i don't look back on it and go 'why did i bother?'. seirusly, in hind sight :/ i can't really think of anything really good about DA:O

Sp3ratus:
Well, colour me stupid then. Thanks for the correction, I thought it was quite a weird shift from what DA looks like now.

That wikipedia page you linked looks questionable too.

I'd play it. I think the Story of Dragon Age is the the story of the Dragon Age of Thedas. I don't think I've ever seen anyone tackle a whole age in video games this way. I like Origins, I liked Dragon Age 2 (a little) better (for reasons).

So yeah, bring on Dragon Age: 3.

endtherapture:
I just want it like Origins, in feel, in art style, in atompshere, in combat, becuase for me at least, Origins was a near perfect game.

More exploration wouldn't go amiss, if they could create a rural feel like in Skyrim, it would be epic.

This, all this. I only played DA2 on Xbox, but from the short time that I played it, I could tell that it just sucked. Im glad I didnt buy it for PC...

For DA3 i'd like to see more of DA1, except for the following

- Keep the voiced main character, seriously. Having a mute player in a world full of people who will verbally spill their guts on a whim is jarring, stupid, lazy and unimmersive. There is simply no reason to not have it in this day and age and other bioware games have proved it can be done.

- Keep the fast paced combat that actually has impact. The Combat in DA:O is boring, i'm playing through it again right now and it is just terrible; It's like watching a drunk fight in a medieval museum. DA2's combat was amazing and was my favourite part of the game.

The end. That's all they should keep from DA2, everything else was lesser and/or shit when compared to the original.

RJ 17:

it's looking more and more like the events of DA:0 will have nothing to do with the events of the rest of the story. :P

I dont really think this will be the case,ive started thinking about it since making this thread and i have the huge feeling that whats going to happen is the darkspawn are going to start attacking DURING this civil war. So hawke is going to be needed to quell the civil war or whatever, while the wardens going to be needed to stop this new blight or whatever it is. The architect is definitly going to come into it depending on your choices in awakening. I just love being a fan of both origins and 2. it makes the thoughts of what DA3 could be just so much more enjoyable.

Revnak:
Just put in characters that don't make me want to kill them. And make it so using blood magic actually has fucking consequences. I hate everything about blood magic in these games and am severely pissed off about how the game seems to not even care if I am one.

YES! i was so pissed off that my mage Hawke was a blood mage....yet he spent half the game going on about how blood mages are evil and actually killing them. It would have been cool if depending on what perk thing you chose you also unlocked speech options in relation to it maybe? i dont know but it was a very big oversight on biowares part

Aarowbeatsdragon:
It would have been cool if depending on what perk thing you chose you also unlocked speech options in relation to it maybe? i dont know but it was a very big oversight on biowares part

Having dialogue recognize character traits requires effort, man. Effort that could be spent on cutscenes and rivalmances. It's not like Bioware is Obsidian or anything :p

i want to see....nothing, absolutely nothing, well other than horrible failure, review and sales wise. ME3 ending spit in my face was last straw now i'm actively root against BW and everything they doing(was fan until ME3). i hope DA3 bomb so hard it will sink the whole company with their EA overlords.

Waaghpowa:

Sp3ratus:

I don't know about questionable, most of the stuff there has legitimate sources. Now, whether they will actually end up in the game is another matter, but the things on the wiki page are just what has been reported so far. The youtube video was just something I randomly stumbled upon one day.

Drat here I thought for a sec we had some actual da3 info.

Eugh..to answer OP something more like Da:O I guess? Da2 really disgusted me. And despite enjoying 90% of me3, yes, that horribad ending really did retroactively ruin my enjoyment (dramatic music) to the point where I can't replay the game except to play multi.

So ain't on good terms with bioware atm and view future releases with suspicion, bioware would really need to step up if it wants my money in the future.

badreaper74:
snip of awesome

Or maybe bioware could just hire this guy? I like the idea of playing a tevinter magister and having your alignment tied to your use of blood magic.

Aarowbeatsdragon:

RJ 17:

it's looking more and more like the events of DA:0 will have nothing to do with the events of the rest of the story. :P

I dont really think this will be the case,ive started thinking about it since making this thread and i have the huge feeling that whats going to happen is the darkspawn are going to start attacking DURING this civil war. So hawke is going to be needed to quell the civil war or whatever, while the wardens going to be needed to stop this new blight or whatever it is. The architect is definitly going to come into it depending on your choices in awakening. I just love being a fan of both origins and 2. it makes the thoughts of what DA3 could be just so much more enjoyable.

Ehhhhh, maybe. But if we're to believe the DA lore, that would require a rather substantial jump forward in time. True Blights aren't supposed to happen too often, in fact I believe they don't even happen once an "age". As I recall there's only been 4 of them in the world's history.

Not saying the Darkspawn won't be involved, in fact they likely will be. I just doubt they'll be the primary antagonists like they were in DA:O.

Of course, if they take after Mass Effect, the end will turn out that none of the events really happened and they were all just a hallucination of The Warden as his mind was being controlled by Flemmeth........... :P Sorry, just couldn't resist.

But speaking of the old witch, she's my vote as far as "who's going to be the main villain?" is concerned.

Sp3ratus:

Waaghpowa:

Sp3ratus:

I don't know about questionable, most of the stuff there has legitimate sources. Now, whether they will actually end up in the game is another matter, but the things on the wiki page are just what has been reported so far. The youtube video was just something I randomly stumbled upon one day.

I say questionable because given the recent debacle with ME3, I can't take any information regarding the game from EA/Bioware seriously.

RJ 17:

Aarowbeatsdragon:

RJ 17:

Ehhhhh, maybe. But if we're to believe the DA lore, that would require a rather substantial jump forward in time. True Blights aren't supposed to happen too often, in fact I believe they don't even happen once an "age". As I recall there's only been 4 of them in the world's history.

Not saying the Darkspawn won't be involved, in fact they likely will be. I just doubt they'll be the primary antagonists like they were in DA:O.

Of course, if they take after Mass Effect, the end will turn out that none of the events really happened and they were all just a hallucination of The Warden as his mind was being controlled by Flemmeth........... :P Sorry, just couldn't resist.

But speaking of the old witch, she's my vote as far as "who's going to be the main villain?" is concerned.

Depending on the time frame Morrigan's kid might pop up as a full grown adult. Issue there is obviously if you didn't perform her ritual, get someone else to or romance her. But it's Bioware so they'll likely just retcon the shit out of it.

Flemeth seems like the more likely choice though. Christ they better wrap that old god kid stuff up though. I want to see my half Dwarf half human old god kid. It's like ma bearpig, mandwarfdragon. He's half Dwarf half mandragon. Or is he half mandwarf half dragon?

Sorry back to Flemeth. She'd need an army though. A group of 4 already beat her so it'd be pretty jarring if she was the big bad all of a sudden.

Aarowbeatsdragon:

Revnak:

YES! i was so pissed off that my mage Hawke was a blood mage....yet he spent half the game going on about how blood mages are evil and actually killing them. It would have been cool if depending on what perk thing you chose you also unlocked speech options in relation to it maybe? i dont know but it was a very big oversight on biowares part

Big? You simply say big? I loathe bloodmages to an absolutely unparalleled degree. I frankly feel insulted that a version of Hawke or the Warden could exist that are exactly the same as my versions of them except they use blood magic. That you can make wynne use blood magic (I think). It is what I consider to be the greatest flaw in a series where Anders exists.

Hopefully they return to the awesome tactical gameplay of DA:O, or try something completely new. The worst case scenario for me is if they go back to the "streamlined" clusterfuck that was DA2. It's like they tried to combine the tactics of DA:O with the action of ME2 and fucked it up terribly, and then, to make matters worse, made it so I couldn't unattach the camera to do anything tactical.

The environments got repetitive, but I can forgive that, because it was all supposed to be the same place.

The beginning sequence was awful, and I felt like the final act had some continuity issues, but I actually didn't mind the bulk of the game. The characters were easily Bioware's worst, though, and it's a shame, because I liked Anders in Awakening, and while Merill and Isabela weren't developed characters by any means in DA:O, they managed to make both of them really irritating.

I like the ability trees better in Dragon Age 2 than in Origins. It offered more ways to build rogues and warriors (albeit, less for mages. But mages are smelly, so I care not). They need to go back to the inventory system from Origins. I happen to like managing all my party's weapons and armors. They need some better writing, encounter design, and more varied locations. Though the DLC locations were pretty swell.

All in all, I think Dragon Age 3 will be one of the most interesting titles to watch. BioWare has never been criticized like they were for Dragon Age 2 (even including the Mass Effect 3 ending. People generally liked or loved that game as a whole, but just hated the last ten minutes. People hated almost every aspect of Dragon Age 2). I'm intrigued about how they will handle that. They've already scrapped the idea they originally had for the third game. They will also be taking more time to develop Dragon Age 3. That was really probably the heart of the matter with the second game, which was released about 15 months after the first game. And there were still expansions being released for Origins as late as September 2010 (Witch Hunt). Saying the team was stretched thin is probably an understatement.

A personal preference: Ease up on the god damn magic. The way it is used in the series, it only creates opportunities for lazy writing.

And my Warden should not appear in it. Because he is dead. But Leliana came-NO! Dead. Heroic sacrifice, no demon baby. Dead.

I think the main villain will be Aveline's chin.

Calling it now!

Also

Qunari
Quarian

mind blown

Pretty much take 1 give more command options, fix the scripting issues make the levels less linear. If you have a enchantment system don't nerf it to death like in DA:0. Also overhaul the skill system.

I am fully prepared to accept DA3 will be an atrocious experience. I can't let my expectations rise above that of a diarrhea in a dixie cup.

As long as they don't try to go back to the crappy combat, art style and atmosphere, of Dragon Age: Origins it should be great. Hopefully they'll continue to build on the improvements of Dragon Age 2, but give it a greater variety of environments and more refined story progression.

Kahunaburger:
1) Interesting encounter design.
2) Good writing.
3) Emphasis on non-"romance" character interaction.

Agreed on 3. I practically got raped by Anders because I wasn't a dick to him. I propose, for the consoles at least, the storytelling style of Origins combined with the non-stiltedness of 2's gameplay. I don't want to tell my character to go do something when he feels like it, I want to personally go do it. I don't want to suggest that my character hit something until dead or until it decides to move out of the way, I want to go up and hit it. If they really wanted to do the whole RTS thing, they threw that out the window when they gave you control over a single character with instant-activate moves.

xXxJessicaxXx:

Calling it now!

Also

Qunari
Quarian

mind blown

Or as pronounced:

Kyoonahree
Kworreeuhn

So close! I know! I have another one!

Monkey
Macaroni

My brain is dissolving as I speak.

Nieroshai:

xXxJessicaxXx:

Calling it now!

Also

Qunari
Quarian

mind blown

Or as pronounced:

Kyoonahree
Kworreeuhn

So close! I know! I have another one!

Monkey
Macaroni

My brain is dissolving as I speak.

I don't see your point?

They are still practically an anagram of each other :p

It would be nice if they made decent side quests rather than 'collect 20 elf root'.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked