I just found a new reason to hate kinect star wars!

Pages PREV 1 2

This game is the result of pure artistic genius.

You want proof of that? I have it:

They turned "Riding Solo" into something that's actually LISTENABLE. Pure genius, I say.

That was actually pretty funny...and entertaining.

viranimus:

teebeeohh:
how could you hate that?

Strike 2: Dancing is an archaic art form that should have died once we had greater means to convey emotions than rhythmic convulsion

Wow, that is probably one the stupidest opinions I have ever read to be honest. I mean you're entitled to it and I'll probably get mod wrath for the first time for this, but I could not actually skip over that without commenting as it's a ridiculously alien way of viewing things to me.

OT: Heh, it's kinda funny. Too bad people that like Star Wars =/= people who like dancing, at least from who I know. I suppose there could, maybe, possibly, be some crossover, but not enough to sell.

viranimus:
Strike 2: Dancing is an archaic art form that should have died once we had greater means to convey emotions than rhythmic convulsion.

That's not how art works!

viranimus:

teebeeohh:
how could you hate that?

Strike 1: Hate original star wars (predominantly BECAUSE of Han Solo)
Strike 2: Dancing is an archaic art form that should have died once we had greater means to convey emotions than rhythmic convulsion
Strike 3: Shoehorning in a dancing mini game into a universe where that level of frivolity is an absolutely rare occurrence based soley on the control mechanism and used to pad extra content into a game that basically anyone who had seen it already knew it was going to be a fluff piece to utilize the kinect instead of a serious attempt at a game anyway.

Honestly? very easily. Its not humorous. Its just sad and distressing to see a great piece of technology being buried under mountains of shovel ware crap and becoming increasingly devoid of true innovation.

You're saying that the Kinect was a great piece of technology, and an innovation? You obviously have a better sense of humor than you thought!

Can't be as bad as the holiday speical man i regreat watching that =/

viranimus:

teebeeohh:
how could you hate that?

Strike 1: Hate original star wars (predominantly BECAUSE of Han Solo)
Strike 3: Shoehorning in a dancing mini game into a universe where that level of frivolity is an absolutely rare occurrence based soley on the control mechanism and used to pad extra content into a game that basically anyone who had seen it already knew it was going to be a fluff piece to utilize the kinect instead of a serious attempt at a game anyway.

Honestly? very easily. Its not humorous. Its just sad and distressing to see a great piece of technology being buried under mountains of shovel ware crap and becoming increasingly devoid of true innovation.

but it's kinect and star wars, to actually hate stuff is requires effort and energy and time and why would you spend this on kinect(which will never produce a good game because making shovelware and gimmicks for 60$ a piece makes way more money) and star wars(a franchise that has its few golden bits buried under mountains of shit)

There are other songs to this game. Something tells me this is no April fools joke....

"And that, is why you fail."

This makes complete sense actually. Star Wars has always been campy, and not to be taken seriously.

Ok, first on the dancing quotes. Let me state that what I said... was the nicest possible way I could express my opinions on it. It IS an opinion. I do not expect anyone else to share it. I simply expressed it and I will not speak any further on it.

Buretsu:

You're saying that the Kinect was a great piece of technology, and an innovation? You obviously have a better sense of humor than you thought!

I did say the Kinect is a great piece of technology that has great levels of potential. I did not state that it was an innovation. What I stated was that any sort of developer innovation is being hindered by the misconception that the only thing you can develop for the kinect is dancing/workout/carnival esque games. Rise of nightmares is a good first step. Gunstringer was somewhat enjoyable. But there is not going to be a good game made for it, if developers keep coming back to the same old standby. I actually consider the base of the Star Wars Kinect game, at least a step in the right direction by trying to draw interest to kinect by attaching it to an established franchise, much as the ME3 enhancements did.

teebeeohh:

but it's kinect and star wars, to actually hate stuff is requires effort and energy and time and why would you spend this on kinect(which will never produce a good game because making shovelware and gimmicks for 60$ a piece makes way more money) and star wars(a franchise that has its few golden bits buried under mountains of shit)

It takes no effort to hold loathing over something you have despised since you were a child. It comes as effortlessly as respiration. What requires effort is to have looked beyond the years of hate of a horrible franchise that was set forth with the original trilogy, and see the potential and good in it that was established much much later, of which I have.

As for Kinect. Its not the fault of the technology.(well maybe some) The failing is that we are trying to force its technology to fit existing control mechanisms and gameplay mechanics, which will not work well. Instead we should be looking for new and innovative ways to explore the technology in an interactive medium, but that experimentation is not going to happen if we keep trying to force a round peg into a square hole.

It greatly shames me to say this but watching this is making me want to play it...

idarkphoenixi:

There are other songs to this game. Something tells me this is no April fools joke....

"And that, is why you fail."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Christ, haven't laughed this hard in a while.

Turns out that Star Wars doesn't need George Lucas to ruin it.

They have the Han Solo song in there but why isn't it sung by mc chris?

IGN just uploaded a piece about this, looks like it's been confirmed.

OK, that dance was hysterical (you can watch it here in HD), but I swear to god if I see even a single frame of it edited into any future Star Wars special edition DVDs, I will drive my car into the nearest lake...

...also, his backup dancers should have been wookies...

I wonder if they drop you into the rancor pit if you do poorly enough...

ClanCrusher:
I wonder if they drop you into the rancor pit if you do poorly enough...

I doubt it, that would be too gory for casual gamers

Andy Shandy:
Darth Vader better be a playable character in this dancing malarkey.

lemme fix that for you, that they may feel the full effect.

BRB, getting a Kinect. Right now.

That's entertaining as hell. Don't think I'd ever want to do it myself but that's hilarious.

Lunar Templar:

Andy Shandy:

Personally, I prefer this one.

Arontala:

Lunar Templar:

Andy Shandy:

Personally, I prefer this one.

true, that one is better, but the gif was from the 'can't touch this' one so had to go with that

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here