4.5% (21)
4.5% (21)
Javik
7.3% (34)
7.3% (34)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Favorite Mass Effect 3 Squad Member

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Overall the Mass Effect 3 squad was very deep and interactive, but if you had to pick one who would it be?

My main Shep is a Vanguard, so Liara was my favorite squad member to have around. Tons of biotic explosions.

Mine's a toss-up between Liara and Garrus. Garrus with a B.Widow or Javelin is a frickin' Hand of God sniper...put on the scope mod to increase his accuracy and it's pretty much 1-shot kill the whole way through. Liara, on the other hand, gets Stasis Bubble which is disturbingly useful in a pinch. I can't tell you how happy I was to find out that they finally made Stasis useful: that is it doesn't simply remove a target from combat (freezes them but they take no damage themselves), it actually works as a time-stop ability letting you freeze units that are a particular pain in the ass so you can focus your fire on them. Also it's a handy defensive ability too.

Edit: Though if I HAD to pick one, I'd probably go with Liara, she's been one of my favorite characters since the first game. I always liked Garrus, just never fell in love with him like a lot of other people. :P

Liara.

She was my love interest since ME1, she's an interesting character, and she's incredibly useful in combat. Pairing Liara with Javik gave a lot of interesting squad dialogue, especially on Thessia.

The only squadmate I really felt nothing for was Kaidan. Even James, who I thought for damn sure I was going to despise, ended up somewhat endearing himself to me toward the end of the game. Meanwhile Kaidan was just bland as ever.

This poll is going to end up looking like a middle finger fast. That being said Liara. I liked Garrus but not as much as other people.

Javik. The conversations felt deeper, and he came with cheat mode in rifle form.

Gonna have to go with Liara. The scenes with her time capsule project and when she yells at Javik after Thessia cemented her as a great character in my view.

Garrus comes in second, but he lacks her emotional range and comes off as a bit less humanized because of it.

For utility, Garrus by far. However, for best scene it goes to Tali.

"emergency induction port"

There is only one answer here, Garrus Vakarian. Badass, funny, pretty much the best thing around. If you don't romance him, he comes across like your best buddy would and it's fucking awesome.

The only characters I didn't like were Williams and Alenko, but Alenko is better than williams, which is an about face from ME1.

I love how I found Jacob to be even less interesting in this game for some reason.

Zhukov:
Gonna have to go with Liara. The scenes with her time capsule project and when she yells at Javik after Thessia cemented her as a great character in my view.

Garrus comes in second, but he lacks her emotional range and comes off as a bit less humanized because of it.

But he's not human :P

Antitonic:
Javik. The conversations felt deeper, and he came with cheat mode in rifle form.

I liked him more then I thought I would. He has a much different view of everything else witch is kind of cool. Plus some of his Wrex/Wreav dialogue is funny.

mattttherman3:

Zhukov:

But he's not human :P

The one time I don't write "alienized" when discussing humanization in reference to Mass Effect characters... and someone pulls me up on it.

It's a cruel world.

Obligatory:

HIS NAME IS GARRUS VAKARIAN AND HE'S MY FAVORITE SQUAD MATE IN THE GAME!!

But seriously: Garrus. Also an ME romance that really works. I wasn't sure they could do it.

Garrus is the best squadmate of course. I find it funny that there are no votes for any human characters.

I had to go with Garrus. While Liara was the best written LI in ME3 and had some very good scenes, the sum of Garrus's contributions towards all three games outweighs that of anyone else. Plus, he's your bro.

I'd be more interested in seeing a "Most Hated Mass Effect 3 Squad Member" thread and would find it hilarious that the three human squadmates would probably top that poll.

Goofguy:
I had to go with Garrus. While Liara was the best written LI in ME3 and had some very good scenes, the sum of Garrus's contributions towards all three games outweighs that of anyone else. Plus, he's your bro.

I'd be more interested in seeing a "Most Hated Mass Effect 3 Squad Member" thread and would find it hilarious that the three human squadmates would probably top that poll.

oh nvm I see where you were going, see how little impact the human characters make when all I can think of are Miranda and Jack(ME3 Jack) as the two good humans

I'm with the 99% and saying Garrus

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the least popular was probably James Vega.

And yeah, Garrus is the archetypical "bro". A lot of people picked him, and for good reason.

Liara. Her singularity turned every firefight into a Turkey shoot. xD

Well.. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who enjoyed playing with garrus

Garrus. Other than being, in my opinion, the best written squadmate, he's also one of the most useful. Overload and concussive shot both work wonders on barriers, overload also takes out shields, and with his armor-piercing ammo and Proximity Mine, he can rip armor to shreds. With the use of both sniper rifles and assault rifles, he's good for just about anywhere on the battlefield.

Garrus all the way. I didn't like his powers that much, but goddamn was he likeable.

Garrus is too obvious of a choice. So I'm going to show some support for EDI.

I loved what they did with her character. Her looks are straight out of 80's sci-fi, styled in a way that is so over the top it's beautiful. Her relationship with joker is totally awesome, so many funny lines.

Still Ashley. She was my love interest in Mass Effect 1 and I waited two years to see her return, while it still sucks that she's pushed out of the action for the first third of the game and runs out of things to say once on the Normandy, her romance is still good and I still have enough lingering fondness for her since Mass Effect 1 to look past that.

Secondary is obviously Garrus.

Tie between Garrus and Liara for me. I've always been a huge fan of both of them. Liara has been my love interest throughout the series, and Garrus has been in my squad through all 3 games now. It's just a shame that Wrex wasn't a squady in the 3rd game. =(

mattttherman3:

Goofguy:

oh nvm I see where you were going, see how little impact the human characters make when all I can think of are Miranda and Jack(ME3 Jack) as the two good humans

I like what they did with Jack. In ME2, I thought she was too overbearing, anarchistic and over the top in attitude. Her change in to a more responsible, mature, toned down yet badass and sassy mentor figure was refreshing.

I was also glad to see Miranda's personal storyline wrapped up in ME3. I thought the whole father thing was going to be a one time thing but it was interesting to see him involved in TIM's nefarious activities. It certainly made Miranda's earlier resignation from Cerberus seem way more justified and sincere.

I unfortunately have not had the opportunity to have Kasumi as a squadmate but I do think Zaeed is quite the badass, even if he's a bit one-dimensional.

All this to say, I agree with you 100%. Jack and Miranda are the most compelling of all the ME games' human squadmates.

First choice would have been Legion but since he's not playable, it's Garris. I know nothing edgy but he was very well written. Liara is 2nd, and the weren't that well written. The whole Tali drinking scene was very awesome, but that's one scene in the entire game.

On a personal attachment level, Liara. I just liked having her around. Gameplay and technique wise, she was good to have (God knows how many times her singularity and stasis powers have helped me), but I'd have to pick Garrus. He really does know how to make a gun dance. Overload has helped me a lot too.

Just so I wouldn't have to choose between them, they were part of my squad 90% of the time :D

Garrus of course but all of the squadmates were quite well written (yes even Vega, but im easily impressed). Also was it just me or did the Cerberus goons have awesome voices.

Definitely between Liara and Garrus for me. They're both really well-written and they seem to have great friendships with Shepard. And their VAs did a great job with both of them in ME3.

Garrus, he is one of the character's who i've actually seen develop a personality throughout the game. In the first he was just a cop who wanted to do things his own way and was cool with you if you agreed with him.

In the second one he was very responsive to banter, which makes me happy as all hell. Being British, being able to tell him that the scar will give him help with the ladies in a stereotypical sarcastic fashion was one of my favourite moments.

Which is why in the third one, I had to miss that shot. He became a character who would reminisce with you, few characters have made me do that.

Garrus for me, my Shep was an adept so having a sniper was just awesome, I rarely used James or EDI and while Liara and Kaiden were great I would still rather have Tali and Garrus as my squadmates.

Garrus is my bro and Tali is my lady.

In the end I had to give it to Garrus "the bro" Vakarian.

Saladfork:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the least popular was probably James Vega.

And yeah, Garrus is the archetypical "bro". A lot of people picked him, and for good reason.

Nah Kaiden is boring as ever. Bioware just suck at making good humans. Jack was annoying as hell and Miranda was only good because she was hot and good at stripping defenses.
OT: Garrus Vakarian is the best squad-mate EVER! Although I freaked out(in a good way) when EDI took Eva's body. Liara is the best love interest though.

Garrus for me. I rarely used anyone besides Garrus or Liara in my first and only playthrough. Just like old times~

But as someone else mentioned, the majorit of squadmates were good too.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked