3.9% (9)
3.9% (9)
Other
8.3% (19)
8.3% (19)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Which Gadget would you choose?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

A pretty simple question for all the Sci-fi fans out there, I know it's not specifically a gaming question, but I figure that it would be better here than anywhere else. If you choose "Other", please post your answer.

And Yes, I know the Doctor gets two. Couldn't think of another at the time.

I've got to go with the replicator (assuming you mean like the ones from Star Trek, not the ones from Stargate. I do not want a Stargate replicator. Oh, no. No no no.)

Come on man, it can make anything. Well, almost anything.

Moonmover:
I've got to go with the replicator (assuming you mean like the ones from Star Trek, not the ones from Stargate. I do not want a Stargate replicator. Oh, no. No no no.)

Hahaha, yes, I had the Star Trek Replicator in mind.

Only one option has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on the cover.

I would want the stick up Garrus Vakarians ass.

The TARDIS, obviously. It can even make me a Sonic Screwdriver if I want it to :3

Who wouldn't want The Tardis?

I picked other, for the gravity gun.

Replicator. Do those things even need any matter to fuel them?

Seriously, one replicator and you could solve pretty much every problem currently plaguing us as a species.

I picked other, for the portal gun, because I want to send you to the moon.

Frostbyte:
I picked other, for the gravity gun.

King of Asgaard:
I picked other, for the portal gun, because I want to send you to the moon.

This and this.

Can't decide between the two.

skywolfblue:
Only one option has the words DON'T PANIC inscribed in large friendly letters on the cover.

You are correct. And it is clearly the superior option.

I was tempted by a lot of them, especially the guide, but come ON! its a TARDIS! who could turn that down?

I glanced at the poll and immediately chose lightsaber, only to realise if I had to pick one Sci-Fi item then I'd rather choose a Tricorder from Star Trek, not a lightsaber.

Assuming it comes with instructions and the ability to operate it. I'll take a TARDIS please. I'd love to be able to go forward a few years & see how things turn out. Visit alien worlds and see what all is out there.

I'm willing to bet that the TARDIS has something similar, if not exactly the sane, somewhere within it, along with the obvious advantage of instantaneous time/space travel.

i would have to pick the replicator. never go hungry, never be bored, if i need something BAM! replicate it. infinite possibilities.

Well, can said replicator create all of the other options? If that is the case, seems like that'd be the most obvious choice. If not, I'll take 12 Iron Man suits please!

Sonic Screwdriver. I have a lot of shelves I need to put up. ;)

Moonmover:

What if the Stargate Replicator was under your control? >.>

Replicator. That way I can make anything I want. Even a Cybran ACU.

Ooohhh... tough call, but I think I'll go with the Replicator(and if I can use it to make some of the other stuff, I'm going for a Sonic Screwdriver or a light saber)

Starik20X6:
Well, can said replicator create all of the other options? If that is the case, seems like that'd be the most obvious choice. If not, I'll take 12 Iron Man suits please!

In Star Trek, there were certain limitations. I'm betting the rare and unique properties of most of the other items would make them copy-proof.

Although, TARDISes are grown, not made, so....

Other. I want Jak's gun staff from Jak 3. That thing is twelve guns in one easy to carry package. Plus I'm far less likely to kill myself with that then I would be if I got a lightsaber.

I can't really think of one but anything that let's me rewrite reality

Surely a replicator can make everything on that list, with the possible exception of the tardis?

Hard choice... screw it Hitch hikers guide

Can I have Inspector Gadget? That's a kind of gadget.

Well, for a replicator to work, you'll need to have the molecular structure of that which you want to create on file (and it can't create antimatter, living organisms or dilithium). Without that, a replicator is useless.

Nah, just give me Iron Man armor (or even better, a mobile suit or variable fighter).

I want a pussy magnet.

I chose the Sonic Screwdriver. I was going to say TARDIS, but I have no clue how to fly it, and the screwdriver seems to have almost endless uses and is easy to carry around and conceal.

There are really only two options here. One which lends the helpful words of Don't Panic, which may be my only hope especially when the Earth is in impending doom. However, if I had a TARDIS I could save the Earth with a little ingenuity, or really go wherever I want!

TARDIS for the win, but for more nefarious reasons the MIB brain wipe thing could take me all the way to the top!

Is it one per person, or are we assuming its a one time thing for just you. Cos otherwise, i'll take my TARDIS, team up with someone with a copy of Hitchhikers Guide, and then we both know all the best places and have the means to get to them.

Other --> The DeLorean DMC12 time machine. Only, I insist on the Renault engine being replaced with a GM 3800 Series II, for reliability reasons.

Fuck your Tardises, my time machine is infinitely cooler!

ClockworkPenguin:
I was tempted by a lot of them, especially the guide, but come ON! its a TARDIS! who could turn that down?

I would. Fuck a time travelling phone booth, I've got a time travelling DeLorean!

Ah yes, the TARDIS. If I could have adventures even half as awesome as The Doctor then I'd be happy. Plus the TARDIS also manufacturers a new Sonic Screwdriver every time The Doctor needs a new one. Seems like a great deal to me.

TestECull:
Other --> The DeLorean DMC12 time machine. Only, I insist on the Renault engine being replaced with a GM 3800 Series II, for reliability reasons.

Fuck your Tardises, my time machine is infinitely cooler!

ClockworkPenguin:

I would. Fuck a time travelling phone booth, I've got a time travelling DeLorean!

Does you're DeLorean have a pool in it? Or a Library? didn't think so.

Craorach:
Replicator. Do those things even need any matter to fuel them?

Seriously, one replicator and you could solve pretty much every problem currently plaguing us as a species.

Replicator would be cool, but I think I'm right in saying it can only reorganise elements into desired objects and not actually create things from scratch. Any Trekkies feel free to correct me please do.

Hitch hikers guide, nice but the only relevant entry for us earthlings says mostly harmless and i've watched enough back to the future to know a time machines a bad idea. So i'm stuck between the iron man suit and the sonic screwdriver, actually sonic screw driver definitely, taking that bad boy to a cash machine, Kaching.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked