DLC abuse

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

bahumat42:

LiquidSolstice:

bahumat42:

But their all "only dlc" to their respective franchise your either a hypocrite, or an idiot.

Please point out tto me where I mentioned a goddamn thing about Crysis, CoD, or any "sports games". (Hint: You won't be able to.) How can I be hypocritical about a statement I never fucking made?

PROTIP: Read the fucking thread (or in this case, literally just two posts before mine) before you start jumping in guns blazing.

Its logical extension, i apologise for applying logic to somebody who clearly doesn't understand it. If you accuse one thing of such a blatant nonsense, then the only fair way to see the rest of the industry is through those eyes, and all the things mentioned are more deserving of the random diss you hurled toward valve.

But again you probably don't understand all of this and just wanted to make a hurp durp styled insult toward them.

"I don't actually have any proof of you saying what I claim you did, but I'm just going to flail around and toss in the words "logical extension" to make it seem like you did, so ha!"

Did I miss anything there? I don't think I did. If I talk about Valve games, it means that....well, I'm fucking talking about Valve games, not Call of Duty, not Crysis. Is this difficult for you to understand? For someone who claims to be so much more smarter than me, you're acting a bit dim right now...

You're nothing more than opinionated, biased, and to be honest, pretty offensive. It's obvious to me the only reason you're trying so hard to straw-man what I'm saying is because you're deeply offended that I didn't give praise to a Valve game(s).

EDIT: Just to add to the ridiculousness of your so-called logical exntension, what you're saying is that I claim that the iPad 2 specifically was nothing more than a tiny upgrade onto the original iPad tablet, then I am (by your so-called logical extension) also claiming that every single tablet in the world only gets a "tiny upgrade" from it's original design/predecessor. Because that makes so much sense, right?

hermes200:

LiquidSolstice:

Lagao:
This is why I like valve.

Dlc is free.

Not too difficult when almost your entire line of games are nothing more than DLC to Half Life or Half Life 2.

Not to mention: you also own the distribution channel.

Gasp! Logical criticism of the almighty Valve! Can it be?

This is the issue I take with Valve fans. I get that there's much to love, but say anything less than perfect about it, and you get pounced on (like the other guy who's trying to tell me that I said something about a franchise that I never mentioned or even hinted at).

LiquidSolstice:

bahumat42:

LiquidSolstice:

Please point out tto me where I mentioned a goddamn thing about Crysis, CoD, or any "sports games". (Hint: You won't be able to.) How can I be hypocritical about a statement I never fucking made?

PROTIP: Read the fucking thread (or in this case, literally just two posts before mine) before you start jumping in guns blazing.

Its logical extension, i apologise for applying logic to somebody who clearly doesn't understand it. If you accuse one thing of such a blatant nonsense, then the only fair way to see the rest of the industry is through those eyes, and all the things mentioned are more deserving of the random diss you hurled toward valve.

But again you probably don't understand all of this and just wanted to make a hurp durp styled insult toward them.

"I don't actually have any proof of you saying what I claim you did, but I'm just going to flail around and toss in the words "logical extension" to make it seem like you did, so ha!"

Did I miss anything there? I don't think I did. If I talk about Valve games, it means that....well, I'm fucking talking about Valve games, not Call of Duty, not Crysis. Is this difficult for you to understand? For someone who claims to be so much more smarter than me, you're acting a bit dim right now...

You're nothing more than opinionated, biased, and to be honest, pretty offensive. It's obvious to me the only reason you're trying so hard to straw-man what I'm saying is because you're deeply offended that I didn't give praise to a Valve game(s).

EDIT: Just to add to the ridiculousness of your so-called logical exntension, what you're saying is that I claim that the iPad 2 specifically was nothing more than a tiny upgrade onto the original iPad tablet, then I am (by your so-called logical extension) also claiming that every single tablet in the world only gets a "tiny upgrade" from it's original design/predecessor. Because that makes so much sense, right?

Your perfectly allowed to not like the games, but hurp durping some random insult that you refuse to apply to games which are far more guilty of makes you a massive hypocrite. If your not capable of seeing that then not only are you a hypocrite your also not capable of rational thought.

*edit to your edit* it would be valid on certain examples, i didn't name every game ever, just games which are more guilty of this than the valve games.
(and its smarter or much more intelligent at least use proper sentence structure)

LiquidSolstice:

hermes200:

LiquidSolstice:
Not too difficult when almost your entire line of games are nothing more than DLC to Half Life or Half Life 2.

Not to mention: you also own the distribution channel.

Gasp! Logical criticism of the almighty Valve! Can it be?

This is the issue I take with Valve fans. I get that there's much to love, but say anything less than perfect about it, and you get pounced on (like the other guy who's trying to tell me that I said something about a franchise that I never mentioned or even hinted at).

ok il break it down for you in baby steps because thats apparently what you need.

If i say i don't like this dish because it has onions in, i can't then turn around and not levy that same criticism towards other dishes that contain onions.

Now if you need a bit more spelling out onions in this example would be games with only very minor changes to the engines.

But please do keep hurp durping away. Dislike whatever you want, just don't lie or apply different standards to suit your needs.

Hell if you wanted to say you disliked the engine (which is fine aesthetic choice and all that) that too would be fine, in fact that would be a valid complaint compared to your pre-pubescent whining.

bahumat42:
Your perfectly allowed to not like the games,

Certainly. Unfortunately, I never actually said anything about not liking the Valve games, but seeing as you're content with rewording what I say, don't let that stop you...

but hurp durping some random insult that you refuse to apply to games which are far more guilty of

It wasn't a random insult, it was an observation, much like your statement of "far more guilty of". Try to keep up, will you?

makes you a massive hypocrite.

Making an observation about a specific thing and not suddenly applying it to whatever you feel like coming up with makes me a hypocrite. Got it.

If your not capable of seeing that then not only are you a hypocrite your also not capable of rational thought.

Well fuck, here I was thinking that the words I type out are exactly what I mean. Here's the deal, homeboy, I haven't made a single fucking remark about what I think of CoD or Crysis. None. Whatsoever. All I'm saying (which you feel incredibly determined to ignore) is that when I make a remark about Valve games, I am making said remark.....about Valve games. Please get that into your head.

(and its smarter or much more intelligent at least use proper sentence structure)

This coming from someone who frequently places the word "their" instead of "there", "your" where "you're" should go, can't even spell "herp derping" right. Please don't fucking patronize me on sentence structure when you can't even spell properly...

Seriously, keep this coming. It's nice to unwind a late night by reading jokes on the interwebs. I like to laugh :)

bahumat42:
ok il break it down for you in baby steps because thats apparently what you need.

No, let me break it down for you.

Me: I made a comment about Valve games.
You: BUT WHAT ABOUT CRYSIS COD OMG HYPOCRITE.
Me. No seriously, it was about Valve games.
Me: I'm fucking serious, it was about Valve games.
Me: .....

If i say i don't like this dish because it has onions in, i can't then turn around and not levy that same criticism towards other dishes that contain onions.

Yes, THIS fucking dish. Not "other dishes that contain onions". THIS fucking dish. As in, the dish that's sitting the fuck in front of me. Why is why I said THIS.

Now if you need a bit more spelling out onions in this example would be games with only very minor changes to the engines.

Aside from the hilarious irony of you using the word "spelling", you're still failing to realize that my original comment had nothing to do with any other game. Holy shit.

But please do keep hurp durping away. Dislike whatever you want, just don't lie or apply different standards to suit your needs.

This is fucking pathetic. I never expressed any likes or dislikes (I'd ask you to show me where I said anything about liking or disliking Valve games, but you'd probably just make something up for that too), I never made any standards, I never said a single goddamn thing about anything else except Valve games. Get it in your goddamn head.

Hell if you wanted to say you disliked the engine (which is fine aesthetic choice and all that) that too would be fine, in fact that would be a valid complaint compared to your pre-pubescent whining.

For fuck's sake...stop reading so goddamn far into it, man! I didn't say something absolutely perfect about something you obviously like, and I'M the one whining?

Also, while we're still talking about spelling and grammar structure, it's spelled "prepubescent", with no hyphen.

Look, before you waste any more time trying to explain to me what a tool I am (or whatever insult you have lined up next), you're reading way too far into a statement I made about Valve games.

You're inserting comparison to other games, you're injecting what you think my opinion is, you're basically changing what I've said into something I did not say, and you're so adamantly convinced you know what I think you're fighting that perception you have and it's not getting you anywhere.

The statement that Valve games are pretty much DLC is not filled with any opinion, any malice, any ill intent, or anything else. It's just an observation, an observation that you are taking WAY out of context and you're making yourself look ridiculous in the process.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here