6.4% (26)
No, but it's funny to watch
2.5% (10)
2.5% (10)
Where's the bacon answer?
3.4% (14)
3.4% (14)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Do you talk to yourself when you play games?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well, I was playing ME3 just before (yes, faq da h8tors et cetera) and I was doing commentary of me killing Maruaders by meleeing them in the arse and then I realised I was singing about it. Then I realised I do it all the time.

So Escapists, do you talk to yourself when gaming?

(No, this does not include multiplayer when you're shouting into a microphone calling other people faggots)

Myself? No, I'm usually yelling at the cheap ass computer opponent or at the dumbass AI.

Qitz:
Myself? No, I'm usually yelling at the cheap ass computer opponent or at the dumbass AI.

Pretty much this. I don't talk to myself, but I do get pissed off from time to time, when I'm outsmarted by a bunch of 1's and 0's(yes yes, Yahtzee quote, but it fits here).

GethBall:
Well, I was playing ME3 just before (yes, faq da h8tors et cetera) and I was doing commentary of me killing Maruaders by meleeing them in the arse and then I realised I was singing about it. Then I realised I do it all the time.

(No, this does not include multiplayer when you're shouting into a microphone calling other people faggots)

How did the song go?

OT: i talk to myself all the time , what i said depends on the game . Example of what i say:

If i am playing a fps : " aim for the head... BOOM HEADSHOT MOTHER FUCKER"
If i am playing a rpg : " man this cut-scene is long"
If i am playing a racing game : watch for the curb * crash * I TOLD YOU TO WATCH FOR IT!
If i am playing UMVC3 : FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK... DAMIT, SON OF A BITCH!

edit: regarding your poll ,It should say " no i'm not crazy * throws xbox at wall*"

krazykidd:

GethBall:

How did the song go?

I cant remember it but it rhymed and was surprisingly good.

I don't talk to myself when playing games, I scream at myself. I can be very harsh on myself at times, I demand perfect execution of strategy, and when I don't deliver I can expect a lot of screaming at myself.

Only when I'm frustrated and am swearing like a crazy woman at the screen, I think I inherited it off of my mum who does it too. It really annoys me when she does it so I feel really bad when I catch myself doing it in company, but I can't really make it stop! ;_;

I talk to myself occasionally, but usually my commentary is directed at the AI.

"FUCK YOU GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!? STRAIGHT UP CHEATING NOW? REALLY?!"

And when I finally achieve victory it usually ends with me thrusting my hips in the direction of the tv. I am classy.

Yes, but usually internally.

If I get annoyed I'll angrily mutter about the developers.

Fappy:

"FUCK YOU GODDAMN PIECE OF SHIT! WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!? STRAIGHT UP CHEATING NOW? REALLY?!"

And when I finally achieve victory it usually ends with me thrusting my hips in the direction of the tv. I am classy.

Same, I mainly vent my frustration at the AI. Infact, i'm currently playing ME3 and got insta-killed by them banshees melee attacks and called it cheating. Almost threw my controller at the screen.

I THINK to myself, does that count?
I imagine I'm doing a Let's Play, and just stand around doing nothing while I explain a mechanic or something in my mind. If people are watching they ask me why I'm not doing anything, but in reality I'm describing the plot up to this point in the game to myself.
Wut.

I talk to the game. And the game shall listen.

GethBall:

Fappy:

Same, I mainly vent my frustration at the AI. Infact, i'm currently playing ME3 and got insta-killed by them banshees melee attacks and called it cheating. Almost threw my controller at the screen.

But... they DO cheat! I've had a banshee teleport throw TWO buildings in one port and initiate its auto-kill from 15-20 feet away. She used Scorpion's harpoon to reel me in... AKA server lag >.>

Well, it's not so much talking as it is curmudgeonly grumbling. But yeah, I guess that counts.

Specific things online in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 i'll start talking to myself about.

"Mate what are you doing pressing buttons underneath Vergil? Swag dive! ^^" or "yeah you won with a Dark Wesker. You're obviously soooo good at this game..."

I tend to rage talk in fighting games and DMC type games... Y'know where bosses are always hard as shit.

Oh and I find myself being a massive twat to all my enemies when i'm doing well in League of Legends. I hardly ever do well in LoL, as in one kill per game if i'm lucky so it's kinda justified.

I'm ok at not dying (most of the time) but I wouldn't call myself credit to team at all.

I rarely talk to myself, I talk to the character instead. Unless I'm role-playing where I'll narrate the characters thoughts. Most of my angry yelling is coach like yelling where I'm narrating what the character should do, "RUN TUBBY, JUMP YOU FAGGOT NO NOT THERE ON THE LEDGE DUMBASS!" or calling the computer a cheater.

i talk to the my computer/human team mates when they mess up (i dont wear a mike when doing so)

ive been playing MW3 domination recently so its been
"you let them cap B are you blind?"
"jump on the flag its not hard"
"come on you didnt kill him he was right in front of you"

one thing my friends used to do was get me to play FIFA with them just so they could here me rage against the AI
[nsfw]
"COME ON YOU STUPID MOTHER FUCKER TACKLE THAT GODDAM STRICKER, BREAK HIS FUCKIN LEG IF YOU HAVE TO"
"WHAT THE FUCK KEEPER YOU COULDNT SAVE A SHOT FROM A 5 YEAR OLD RETARD"
"FUCK ME MY KEEPER COULDNT CATCH A GOAL BUT YOUR'S IS A FUCKIN NINJA"
"YOU CALL THAT MARKING, YOUR NO WERE NEAR HIM!, I WANT YOU SO FAR UP HIS ARSE I CANT TELL WERE YOU START AND HE BEGINS!"

no i dont have rage issues im just competitive

I yell at my teammates.

"YOU SUCK AT SNIPING! YOU'VE BEEN SITTING ON THIS HILL SHOOTING AT PEOPLE FOR 10 MINUTES AND HAVEN'T GOTTEN A SINGLE KILL! YOU'RE FUCKING USELESS!"

And then I usually try and team-kill them because' I'm doing the world a favor.

Fappy:

:P Same here.....except for the air-humping victory dance. >.> I normally just either flip off my TV like "YEAH! TAKE THAT YOU SONS'A BITCHES!!!" that or I throw up The Shocker sign and say "Give'em one of THEEEEEEEESE!"

But the most used curse phrase for me: "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!"

Fappy:

GethBall:

Fappy:

But... they DO cheat! I've had a banshee teleport throw TWO buildings in one port and initiate its auto-kill from 15-20 feet away. She used Scorpion's harpoon to reel me in... AKA server lag >.>

Ohhhh them god damn cheating banshees. Let's not forget how they like to just straight up ignore the laws of physics and CLIPPING by throwing the reave ball THROUGH SOLID WALLS!!!

This tends to happen on Glacier and Dagger, particularly. On Dagger it's when they'd coming down the hallway to the right of the circle room that everyone camps. If you try to run out the back door onto that platform, they'll throw their balls through the walls to hit you in the face.

:P And yeah, I've seen them do the straight-up room warp...charging through the wall of one room to just appear in the next is just ridiculously unfair.

GethBall:

:P As for your OP, yeah, I talk to myself in ways beyond cursing in frustration and shouting in celebration. Like when I'm doing my rounds of conversations in ME3, I'll be walking towards the gun battery and say "Garrus, what the hell are you up to? Still doing them calibrations? Super." But that goes for all RPGs, I find myself talking "to" the other characters.

I only talk you myself while playing games if my friends are watching me play.

Yes, I speak aloud all the time. Sometimes to myself, but mostly to my characters, npcs, other peoples characters, etc.

Sometimes.
I often give off my own quips at game scenarios or towards NPCs, other times I can be in complete awe at epic moments like GoW boss fights and Asura's Wrath. Mostly I just insult the AI for being either brain-shittingly incompetant or I-swear-it's-cheatingly good (I swear the AI in UMvC3 reads your movements!)

I don't talk to the myself, I talk to the game; asshole never answers though

If I'm on Skype I'll chatter a bit, but if I'm by myself I'll just occasionally go 'God damn it!' 'Son of a bitch!' 'FUCK!' 'Oh, bullshit!'

No, not really.

Unless "WHAT THE FU- ARE YOU ACTUALLY SERIOUS?!?!?! FUCKING CUNT FUCK SHIT BITCH SON OF A FUCKING GAME" counts.

Absolutely. Part of it is simply voicing my thoughts out-loud, another part is saying what I need to do, such as: "Alright, once I get a few more stacks of cobblestone, I can finally make some more stone bricks and finish my inn!".

Then there's talking to whatever characters are in the game. A perfect example is the end of a very recent third-person shooter set IN SPACE. Mildly censored, it went like this: "What the hell is this? Are there ghosts in space now? Am I suddenly Bruce Willis? Wait, wait, what? What the fuck kind of circular logic is that? Not only that, but that's bullshit! I have ____ race and ____ race working together, they're right over there! So don't give me this shit!".

Hopefully that doesn't have any spoilers for Bioware's latest awesome romance simulator. Of course, I jest.

Oh, and lastly, there's the little chant that I picked up from a Youtube game commentator, SSoHPKC, or Seamus, which goes to the tune of, "SHOTGUN RAIN!". Whenever you blow off someones head with a shotgun, then say that phrase, either followed by, " - another asshole gets Kurt Cobain'd!", " - all aboard the Lincoln Train!", or " - most will die, but all will feel the pain!", in a sing-song voice, its immensely satisfying.

When I play skyrim I narrate from the characters perspective, Freemans mind style:P same with bioshock.

I pretend to be the protagonist and narrate his train of thoughts to myself, only in games with silent protagonists of course.

Normally I'm concentrating to hard to talk to myself, since my conversations tend to be pretty indepth and usually go into tangents, so I really have to be paying attention to keep myself on track. I usually talk to myself when walking.

I tend to talk to the in game world as if I were the protagonest.

Immersion, fuck yeah.

I find that I only talk to myself when I'm playing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 online.

And even then, I'm a man of few words.

"What the fuck!"
"Bullshit!"
"I had that fucker!"
"Goddammit!"
"I was fucking blocking!"
etc

Hmm, I tend to only talk to myself if things are going badly. I kind of bully myself when I make a mistake, like : `What was that????!!! Wake the fuck up and concentrate!`

Or when weird bugs happen. But thats more like: `Jeezy Chreezy what just happened- I dont even-`

I'm quite chatty so I like to use voice anyway during multiplayer, unfortunately theres something up with my laptop mic. Don't know what.

just casual cursing really

Let me say it like this: There are novels with lesser amounts of words than what I can conjure during some games.

No, I'm not crazy. ;)
I curse at the TV when I fail something over and over, however.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked