ME3: Operation Raptor....what did you get?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So with the Operation Raptor rewards out today, I figured why not share what we all got? Y'know...a nice chance to rub those new N7 weapons in peoples faces :D

....Actually what I ended up with was kinda shite, I DID get the N7 Valiant which is great because I've been looking for a new sniper rifle for a while...seriously, the Viper can just fuck right off. Aside from that though I just got bog-standard ammo and medi-gel stuff.

How about you guys?

I got a big bag of crap, with nothing but equipment in it. No rares. No items. Presumably I'm going to get a second bag today?

BloatedGuppy:
I got a big bag of crap, with nothing but equipment in it. No rares. No items.

You too, eh? I might as well have gotten a box full of bat droppings. At least I could use that to set enemies on fire.

I got the big bag of equipment which was really underwhelming. In the other bag I got the N7 Hurricane. A heavy smg with more kickback than a Revenant. I am quickly losing any excitement whatsoever for the rewards from these events.

I got the pistol (last time I got the shotgun)
and in the V pack I got a krogan soldier.

I, oddly enough, didn't actually get anything, despite promoting both an Adept and a Soldier. And yes, I do have the Upload Gameplay Feedback on. Didn't even get the pack that everyone gets :/

EDIT; Just found this on BSN, so that explains the lack of packs

"Hi all,

We granted the Victory and Commendations Packs from Operation Raptor last night but this morning it was identified that many people were using an exploit to get multiple packs. In order to stop the problem we had to suspend the granting of packs immediately. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. We will restart the granting of packs once this issue has been fixed.

Scylla Costa."

BloatedGuppy:
I got a big bag of crap, with nothing but equipment in it. No rares. No items. Presumably I'm going to get a second bag today?

Yeah, I think the "Victory Pack" was meant to be essentially a super equipment pack. The "Commendation Pack" is what comes out today (Wednesday) and should contain another weapon like the horrifically, depressingly worthless shotgun that I got after Operation Kill the Fatasses (brutes).

On another note, though, last night I noticed they've got Super Specter packs for sale for 99,000 credits. When I log on I see that I've actually got 87K credits already. Badass! One quick game of Bronze and I'll pick myself up a super Specter Pack!

About 20 minutes later I was the proud owner of-------------------------------

Two fucking classes that I already have. Yeah, thanks. >:(

RJ 17:
Yeah, I think the "Victory Pack" was meant to be essentially a super equipment pack. The "Commendation Pack" is what comes out today (Wednesday) and should contain another weapon like the horrifically, depressingly worthless shotgun that I got after Operation Kill the Fatasses (brutes).

On another note, though, last night I noticed they've got Super Specter packs for sale for 99,000 credits. When I log on I see that I've actually got 87K credits already. Badass! One quick game of Bronze and I'll pick myself up a super Specter Pack!

Ah good. So another free pack to come. Good to know.

Super Spectre packs are awesome, by the way. Twice the disappointment at only 1.5x the cost.

anthony87:
So with the Operation Raptor rewards out today, I figured why not share what we all got? Y'know...a nice chance to rub those new N7 weapons in peoples faces :D

....Actually what I ended up with was kinda shite, I DID get the N7 Valiant which is great because I've been looking for a new sniper rifle for a while...seriously, the Viper can just fuck right off. Aside from that though I just got bog-standard ammo and medi-gel stuff.

How about you guys?

Well I won't find out until I get home from work, but for the first round - as I mentioned above - I got the crap-tastic shotgun.

The sniper rifle is actually supposed to be pretty good, though. An arguable toss-up between it and the black widow even.

:P But on a side note........why in god's name have you been using a Viper? Seriously...why? There's absolutely no reason to. That weapon has sucked since ME2. You ALWAYS stick with the Mantis until you find one of the super sniper rifles (Widow, B.Widow, Javelin). I don't care if you've got a lvl 10 Viper and a lvl 1 Mantis....you use the frickin' mantis.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

Ah good. So another free pack to come. Good to know.

Super Spectre packs are awesome, by the way. Twice the disappointment at only 1.5x the cost.

:P Seriously, I was all pumped and excited, seeing the super specter pack was now available. I was like "Yeah, I'll save up and get one of those. Oh sweet! I didn't go shopping after my last round of playing! I've actually got 87K in the bank already! Gonna knock out a Bronze game to lvl my recently promoted engineer, get 15K credits, and buy me a big pack!"

"Congratulations! You've got the Asari Adept and Drell Vanguard! More costume options and some bonus exp for you!" Right then and there I heard the cartoon "Wahh-waah-waaaaaaaaah" sound effect.

RJ 17:

:P But on a side note........why in god's name have you been using a Viper? Seriously...why? There's absolutely no reason to. That weapon has sucked since ME2. You ALWAYS stick with the Mantis until you find one of the super sniper rifles (Widow, B.Widow, Javelin). I don't care if you've got a lvl 10 Viper and a lvl 1 Mantis....you use the frickin' mantis.

It's not that I've been using it, it's that every single sniper rifle upgrade has been for the Viper. Just as you say I'm still using a level 1 Mantis and for the kicker, I've been getting fuck all mods for the sniper rifle.

Okay, I'm lying a bit....I do have a level 3 Incisor but that thing is worse than the Viper....

anthony87:
It's not that I've been using it, it's that every single sniper rifle upgrade has been for the Viper. Just as you say I'm still using a level 1 Mantis and for the kicker, I've been getting fuck all mods for the sniper rifle.

Okay, I'm lying a bit....I do have a level 3 Incisor but that thing is worse than the Viper....

He's right though. The fast firing, low damage sniper rifles are positively rubbish. They're basically just really heavy assault rifles with a shitty ROF. If you must have a faster firing weapon you should swap out for a Carnifex or a Paladin.

BloatedGuppy:

anthony87:

He's right though. The fast firing, low damage sniper rifles are positively rubbish. They're basically just really heavy assault rifles with a shitty ROF. If you must have a faster firing weapon you should swap out for a Carnifex or a Paladin.

Yeah I've only started using the Carnifex for the past couple of weeks and I'm pissed that I wasn't using it sooner. It goes great with my Sentinal considering I'm playing my Sentinal like an Adept until I get an actual Adept.

anthony87:

RJ 17:

I feel your pain on the "just can't find a good rifle" problem...it took me 3 weeks to get a standard Widow...and I've yet to find an upgrade for it. Meanwhile two weekends ago I found a Carnifex and already have it up to lvl 3. Gotta say, Carnifex might be the best weapon for caster classes (i.e. adept, engineer, sentinel)...CRAZY low recharge time, FANTASTIC stopping power and accuracy...my Turian Sentinel can chain-overload once every 2 seconds, same goes with cryo blasts from my Quarian Engineer.

:P And yeah, the Incisor is a frickin' joke as well. Good news is that the Mantis, even lvl 1, is still a DAMN fine rifle.

RJ 17:
I feel your pain on the "just can't find a good rifle" problem...it took me 3 weeks to get a standard Widow...and I've yet to find an upgrade for it. Meanwhile two weekends ago I found a Carnifex and already have it up to lvl 3. Gotta say, Carnifex might be the best weapon for caster classes (i.e. adept, engineer, sentinel)...CRAZY low recharge time, FANTASTIC stopping power and accuracy...my Turian Sentinel can chain-overload once every 2 seconds, same goes with cryo blasts from my Quarian Engineer.

Paladin. Hits harder at rank 1 than a Carnifex 10, and I believe it's lighter as well.

Downside is the tiny clip size, but that only really comes into play if you're defending a hack point. In all other circumstances an ammo re-up is seldom more than a roll away. Besides...gives you a reason to hit "8" once every few missions.

BloatedGuppy:

was fucking pissed when this happened. got my widow I finally after saving up for the advanced spectre pack.

fuck this games random drops, it hates me.

I got an N7 Eagle (heavy pistol), which is mostly useless until it's upgraded to lose some of its weight. I already had an N7 Valiant (sniper rifle) from last time, which I use quite a lot.

Besides that, 10 medigels and some junk.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

Paladin. Hits harder at rank 1 than a Carnifex 10, and I believe it's lighter as well.

Downside is the tiny clip size, but that only really comes into play if you're defending a hack point. In all other circumstances an ammo re-up is seldom more than a roll away. Besides...gives you a reason to hit "8" once every few missions.

Well some of us don't have a golden goddess of luck sitting on top of our consoles. As I mentioned before in this topic, I got 2 frickin' characters out of the only 99K super Specter pack that I bought, to think that I would have found a Paladin is just a laughable notion! :P

RJ 17:
Well some of us don't have a golden goddess of luck sitting on top of our consoles. As I mentioned before in this topic, I got 2 frickin' characters out of the only 99K super Specter pack that I bought, to think that I would have found a Paladin is just a laughable notion! :P

I found a Paladin. My Asari Adept rubs it all over herself before every mission.

Also, consoles? PC my good man. PC.

Got the N7 Crusader again. So angry right now.

Not had mine yet. Annoyed.

Brought a Super Spectre Pack thing and got the last class I needed unlocked (Drell Vanguard, yay!), a Claymore IV (whoop-de-fucking-doo), Drell Adept customisation unlock, and a few meagre bits and pieces. Not bad, but not great either.

Honestly though, I don't really need any guns. I already have a Geth Plasma Shotgun II, and that outperforms every other gun in every way. :|

I only want higher unlocks of that, increases in capacity for items (currently on 3 missiles, 4 shields, 3 health, 2 ammo), and customisation unlocks.

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

I found a Paladin. My Asari Adept rubs it all over herself before every mission.

Also, consoles? PC my good man. PC.

Yeah...well....well your Asari still doesn't have any eyebrows and that makes her look weird!!! :P

As for PC, I likely would be a PC gamer...cept I have yet to assemble the desk that has been sitting in my apartment for about 2 years now and my monitor burned out and I haven't bought a new one, as such all my PC activities take place from my couch via wireless a mouse and keyboard on my 57" HDTV. While this would be a pretty bad-ass setup, having something more stable than my lap for the keyboard and the couch-cushion beside me for the mouse isn't very conducive for intense PC gaming.

oh god... this all sounds like fucking guild chat in world of warcraft. why? why multiplayer? why did you do this bioware? why must you make me feel such shame and guilt just for playing your fucking game? have you no souls?!

I hate you. I've got a ps3 so I got nothing I hate all of you

Dear Op,
I hate you. I knew nothing about this Operation Raptor but when I found out about the Spectre Premium kits I thought, great, I can finally earn some decent gear(still using tier 1 weapons basically).
I spend a couple hours playing to earn the 99k and then my kit does nothing but upgrade the Graal Spike Thrower and Geth Assault Rifle, the two most useless weapons I've ever seen and never use.
So yeah, I want my 2 hours back! I wish it was a shop, or at least, if it were random, you could trade with players. Oh well.

I got the Victory Pack, but not the Commendation pack yet. I better get one, if that thing glitched out again, I'm going to be yelling at some "Customer Support Representative" >.>

All I got was a big bag of equipment. Incredibly disappointing considering how excited I was to get a new N7 weapon to play with.

Also got a bag with only equipment items in it.

Was seriously gutted. You know what rubbed salt in the wounds even further?

I had 90k+ saved up and saw a new Veteran Spectre pack. Up to now i've been dodging spectre packs and higher due to being extremely unlucky with them (counterbalanced by better luck with veterans, all my rares are from them) but figured a guaranteed 2 rares would cheer me.

+1 Medigel capacity
+1 to one of the SMG I never use.

:\ God I hate random loot. Sticking to veteran packs only.

The pistol. Too much recoil to be really effective, so I went back to using the good 'ol Phalanx (I haven't got a Carnifex yet).

On the topic of weapons:

What classes are accurate shotguns for? I tried the Graal Spike thrower and the N7 shotgun but found that the Geth Plasma shotgun worked better for my Krogan warrior.

Also: I've been wondering, does the shotgun bayonet affect heavy melee? I've been using an Asari Vanguard and the heavy melee is the bread and butter of that particular class/race, so I stuck a bayonet on, but I'd like to know if that was a mistake or not.

RJ 17:

XD!!!!!

sorry, i loled at this bit. been there, it sucks, but still XD

BloatedGuppy:

RJ 17:

For hard-hitting and accurate weapons, the Widow is honestly one of the most overpowered guns when it comes to, say, Bronze difficulty. My Quarian Infiltrator seems to have a thing for really big, really long rifles. It might be a little unhealthy for her too, but apparently size does matter.

As for the Paladin, I can't stand how little ammo it has. I usually end up staying close to an ammo cache anyway, but I hate how dependent it makes me feel towards it. Personally, if I was going to use nothing but a pistol, I'll stick with my Arc Pistol II or my Phalanx V.

Texas Joker 52:
As for the Paladin, I can't stand how little ammo it has. I usually end up staying close to an ammo cache anyway, but I hate how dependent it makes me feel towards it. Personally, if I was going to use nothing but a pistol, I'll stick with my Arc Pistol II or my Phalanx V.

Ammo is definitely an issue with the Paladin, but without that limitation the pistol would be obscenely overpowered, even at rank 1.

Texas Joker 52:

How little we talking about here? My Carnifex has 8 rounds per clip with 30 spare but with all the warp and throw spamming I do I'm never really hurting for ammo.

anthony87:
How little we talking about here? My Carnifex has 8 rounds per clip with 30 spare but with all the warp and throw spamming I do I'm never really hurting for ammo.

I know for a fact that the clip size is 4 rounds, but I'm not entirely sure about the spare. I want to say 16, but I could easily be wrong. I simply don't use it, or the Carnifex for that matter. I just love my Arc Pistol too much.

Clive Howlitzer:

I spend a couple hours playing to earn the 99k and then my kit does nothing but upgrade the Graal Spike Thrower and Geth Assault Rifle, the two most useless weapons I've ever seen and never use.

Really? The spike thrower is the greatest thing ever.
Pretty much a 1 hit kills everything, even 1hits phantoms on silver if you get a headshot.. and can snipe guardians through their mail slot at range, it's an incredibly versatile gun, would recommend using it for any class except maybe adept if you want faster power charging.

OT: I only got a victory pack so far which was just useless equipment =[
Hopefully they'll resume giving the commendation packs because i promoted 4 characters over the weekend =[

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked