EA defends itself against thousands of anti-gay letters

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Holy crap, 175 posts and only 1 person tried to turn this into an EA conspiracy. I'm impressed.

But yeah, whoever is sending these emails really needs to find something productive to do. It's a globally sold video game, and the other places its sold in besides America are pretty chill with gay people.

I am a hetrosexual guy, here is my perspective on the three EA games which contained homosexual relationships that I have played.

I didn't mind Zevron in DA1, well at least not for his sexual orientation, his personality was grating enough on its own.

I found the gay characters in DA2 to be very irritating, seriously, I had to beat them off with a stick, I think it was more a problem with their development than anything else.

I found the one gay character in ME3 to be very well done, and I liked him being in the game. I wonder if the people who are whinging about it are simply insecure in their sexuality, I mean did they complain when Liara was able to have fun times with FemShep?

To those who are whinging about not wanting to have to deal with there being a gay person in the whole GALAXY of mass effect my response is simple you will encounter gay men in your life, and if you aren't hideously ugly there is a probability one of them will make a pass at you eventually.

Mass Effect 3 didn't punish me for having shepherd assert his heterosexuality unlike DA2, it put Shepherd in that very situation you may find yourself in one day, able to politely and clearly assert that you are not interested in pursuing a homosexual relationship. "I'll be looking at the ladies" the option I picked was well done.

Additionally, you would only find this homosexual stuff if you actively pursued it, complaining about something you have to actively pursue to even encounter is moronic. Its like complaining that there's a swear word in the dictionary after hunting for it on every single page, if you didn't want to see the word and know the meaning don't look it up. Or like ordering Chinese take away, and then complaining because you don't like Chinese food.

xorinite:
I found the gay characters in DA2 to be very irritating, seriously, I had to beat them off with a stick,

It was one dude who hits on you exactly one time. How does that translate into multiple characters coming onto you constantly?

Elmoth:

omicron1:

Jitters Caffeine:

I guess it's not there for the same reason there isn't an option to start a White Power rally on the Citadel and telling every other race that pure White children will inherent the Universe. Bigots would be the only people who would be mad that their preferred punching bag is equally represented in their entertainment products. It's comparable to when people complained about there not being a "foot fetishism" option in Mass Effect 3 because they weren't "fairly represented" like Gay players were.

Operating under the assumption that any particular viewpoint is bigoted or somehow inferior to others is a sad way to debate, christophobe. (Hey look, intentionally comical hypocrisy!)

Fact: A very large portion of America, as well as smaller portions of much of Europe and a vast majority of third world countries, disagree with you on this issue.

Fact: The vast majority of them are not bigots or homophobes. They simply disagree, whether for religious or logical reasons - neither of which renders them or their opinions irrelevant.

Fact: Referring to one's opponent in a derogatory fashion does not resolve an issue, nor is it good logical form.

With these three facts established, please realize that the issue of what homosexuality is, and whether it is an essential, immutable state of being, will remain present and controversial for a long time yet, and as such it is wrong to legislate or make public decisions based on one side's answer this unsolved question.

Limecake:

But there is! you can choose to not sleep with anyone from the same sex! disagreeing with the concept is not the same as a universal ban of gay sex.

regardless of how this 'debate' turns out, gay people will still exist.

When you talk to Cortez, you have two options: Commiserate, or commiserate. At no point in the game are you given a choice, through dialogue or action, to disagree. All you can do is accept BioWare's version of Shepard, or shut up and walk away. As a series built around player->main character projection, the absence of this option is both highly suspect and rather rude. I can be any Shepard I want, as long as she's liberal.

What? Your shepard is incapable of lying, or thoughts? There's more people who have bigoted thoughts, than there are ones who scream it from the rooftops. Just because one piece of dialogue might insinuate you have no problem with a certain issue, doesn't mean it's supposed to be taken at face value.

Might wanna change that to "can't be altered AT THIS POINT IN TIME." Sceince'll fix/ruin homosexuality in time, just like everything else.

DrVornoff:

Therumancer:
You might not like the point about political correctness, but it happens to be true.

Because saying something is a fact makes it so. And of course, politically correct is the absolute worst thing you can possibly be, amirite?

What's more, when ME1 first came out I remember them saying flat out that Kaiden was not supposed to be gay or bi-, there was supposition on that point. Bioware might have come out later and said this due to pressure, but the original intent stands, especially going by what was voiced which says exactly the opposite about the character (some of his comments about Liara, etc..). It's highly unlikely that it would have been played that way, and that the dialogue would have been recorded in such a way that there would have been a "special session" just for the gay side of things sprinkled throughout.

I was lead to believe that people found scripts for it that were never recorded.

In the case of Anders you can't even make those allegations given his earlier apperance in "Dragon Age 2".

I didn't play Awakening, so I really don't care. Though I do find it ironic that everyone's demanding retcons on the ending, but retconning anything else? Oh no! That's enforcing political correctness!

... and even so, and if they had intended Kaiden to be bi- at some point, that part of the character was scrapped as not fitting and they decided to write him as we know how, waffling back in the other direction again comes down to political correctness, and pressure.

If that's teh only explanation you can think of, you don't have a very good imagination.

Actually at this point in time being politically correct is one of the worst things you can be when it comes to the media, political correctness destroys everything that it touches by forcing token characters into everything, and leading groups of people to feel that having someone like them is an entitlement that creators must cater to.

My overall opinions of homosexuality aside, the big thing that burns me with issues like this isn't so much the inclusion of gays, so much as the demand that such characters have to be there or it's a sign of a group being bigoted. That sense of entitlement, and political correctness, is the entire issue more than anything. The fact that I'm pretty anti-gay doesn't make anything with homosexuality anathema to me, as the time I've invested in things like "Origins" (which I lionize as perhaps the best RPG of the modern era) demonstrates. If it's there, and the creators intend it to be, so be it, but when you start seeing this kind of thing done for purposes of political appeasement and token characters inserted, that's a problem.

That said, as much as you don't like the point, I have never seen any evidence or even anyone producing alleged scripts to support the conclusion that Kaiden was supposed to be Bi-. I'd imagine if someone did, Bioware would have claimed them publically as they have admitted other similar leaks in the past, such as when the ME-3 ending was leaked. If something like that was ever discussed it was probably dismissed and never really "intended" so much as considered. It's not the kind of thing Bioware has shied away from when they felt it fit the story and the characters, as "Origins" proved.

Anders tends to be a much better example, because again, he's been in a major expansion other than Origins and you can see how they pretty much re-designed the character. The protest over this is one of the big reasons why Anders comes up so much, as opposed to other gay/bi guys in the series like Zevran or Fenris because Zevran and Fenris were always defined that way in their apperances, where in Anders case it contridicts what had previously been established.

Therumancer:
Actually at this point in time being politically correct is one of the worst things you can be when it comes to the media, political correctness destroys everything that it touches by forcing token characters into everything, and leading groups of people to feel that having someone like them is an entitlement that creators must cater to.

Bullshit. The number one reason that token characters get inserted into a product is, survey says...! Because the conventional wisdom of the entertainment industry is that the straight white male age 14-28 is the most lucrative audience to cater to, but they can make some extra scratch by throwing in trivial details that can trick other demographics and minorities into buying the product as well.

What, did you think that the reason there are so few movies targeted to middle class black people is because there aren't enough black actors in Hollywood? That the reason we don't have more movies like Bridesmaids or Sucker Punch is because there's a shortage of talented actresses in the US? Give me a fucking break.

How do you think the ethnic sidekick got to be a stereotype? Why do you think romantic sub-plots are crammed into damn near every fucking story, regardless of whether or not it needs to be there? And why is it all of these things are so trite, formulaic and cliche? Because the studios are just putting them in because they think that's the way to get money from the periphery demographics.

Now, that in itself is pretty fucking poisonous. And you'll be hardpressed to find someone who hates focus groups more than I do. But to blame it on a motivation of political correctness, wanting to be nice to people? Don't make me laugh. The entertainment is not caving into political correctness to try and sucker more money out of you because they already believe you're a moron.

DrVornoff:

Therumancer:

Bullshit. The number one reason that token characters get inserted into a product is, survey says...! Because the conventional wisdom of the entertainment industry is that the straight white male age 14-28 is the most lucrative audience to cater to, but they can make some extra scratch by throwing in trivial details that can trick other demographics and minorities into buying the product as well.

What, did you think that the reason there are so few movies targeted to middle class black people is because there aren't enough black actors in Hollywood? That the reason we don't have more movies like Bridesmaids or Sucker Punch is because there's a shortage of talented actresses in the US? Give me a fucking break.

How do you think the ethnic sidekick got to be a stereotype? Why do you think romantic sub-plots are crammed into damn near every fucking story, regardless of whether or not it needs to be there? And why is it all of these things are so trite, formulaic and cliche? Because the studios are just putting them in because they think that's the way to get money from the periphery demographics.

Now, that in itself is pretty fucking poisonous. And you'll be hardpressed to find someone who hates focus groups more than I do. But to blame it on a motivation of political correctness, wanting to be nice to people? Don't make me laugh.

Focus groups are a problem to be sure, but political correctness is as big, or bigger an issue when it comes to the media. In many cases the reason why minorities are added to existing franchises is because of people screaming about how the material is bigoted due to them not being included to begin with. Your issue with focus groups applies more towards properties being established for the first time, as opposed to changes being forced on established properties that are already successful.

When it comes to certain issues, like blacks, the issue has to do with un-adapted sub-cultures more than anything. You generally see black actors and comedians to try and use their acts to make inflammatory political statements and fuel a counter-culture that is destructive to it's own members and the rest of society. This is one of the reasons why Bill Cosby and I guess more currently Will Smith, are viewed as exceptions to the general rule, they more or less perform as fairly normal people, and keep a lot of the ethnic politics out of their performances (though there are exceptions) both have been considered sell outs for it, and honestly Bill Cosby is one of the guys who has sort of spelled out the problems
here himself.

Movies like "Sucker Punch" are in a slightly differant boat, the reason being that movies of that sort have generally not been all that well received or successful. Whether it's a matter of the movies being too smart for their audience, or mindless eye candy, the bottom line a lot of these movies trying to star attractive female leads and mostly female casts that aren't "chic flicks", fail to hit the right niche. Had "Sucker Punch" been as successful as many people hoped you might have seen things change, but really you didn't.

The bottom line is that things generally go to crap when you see situations where minorities actively campaign for inclusion based on arguements of entitlement, and studios force the creators to comply. Indeed it's all of the pressure to include more homosexuality in their games that has tainted the perceptions of Bioware and made this an issue. More people got upset over demands for a gay Shepard, than did when they just threw in some gay men in "Origins" specifically because of the political grandstanding. The same thing applies to other non-sexual minorities as well.

One of the more infamous stories out there (which has been around for a while) is about why Joss Whedon got himself into so much trouble with the networks. Basically his "Buffyverse" was accused of being too "white washed" and he was told flat out due to complaints and pressure that he was going to have to create major, minority characters in the main Buffy series. The entire last season was supposedly a result of this where you saw one black girl who was a potential slayer given a ton of unwarrented screen time, and the whole black principal as a monster killer thing added in specifically for those reasons. The end result was Joss wound up fighting the networks to do what he wanted (this was not the only issue, especially over a period of years) and it did not end well. Joss is by no means a racist, as shows like "Firefly" and other works have shown, but the demand arguably wound up wrecking his work and he wound up letting himself being fired in a very nasty situation rather than giving up his creative integrity on any front. Back when Buffy ended there was a lot of discussion about this, and according to some of the stuff floating around when Joss was questioned he made comments about NDAs on the details but definatly implied that was at
least one of the issues involved. I believe when asked about those two characters in paticular at one point he is reported as saying rather evasively that he wasn't going to
talk about characters that weren't his creation.

The basic point here is that if you want to avoid accusations of political correctness, minorities have to more or less remain silent and not make demands to be included in things. As soon as you see those demands, it raises all kinds of questions, especially seeing as the very nature of a demand means that the group in question felt there was a lack of representation for them to comment to begin with.

Focus groups can be just as bad in many cases, but it depends on the exact production. In general if something is being created by a network or affiliated team it's less of a big deal than cases where your looking at the work that comes down to a specific creator, or non-affiliated team. If a network starts demanding too much of a Joss Whedon, JJ Abrams, or other creator, that can wreck the entire creative process. However when a show is just starting out and an initial cast is being established it's not as big a deal, as when you start screwing with the cast and formula of a show that is already successful. In most cases it's when shows, games, or whatever else get successful that you start seeing minorities demanding representation, and the issue of political correctness tends to rear it's head.

"Political Correctness" is not just about being nice to people, or tolerating them being around, but acknowledging their fundemental right to included in everything, and forcing that when need be. Entitlement is the issue, not simply being nice, or polite.

Of course while it's a seperate issue the problem with political correctness is also that being nice prevents specific problems from being recognized and dealt with. Bill Cosby (whom I take seriously because of his PHD in Children's Education) has gone off on length about black culture, and how it encourages squandering the oppertunities presented, and refuses to adapt into society. How the "git rich or die trying" mentality has created a situation where a person can be viewed as a sellout for becoming educated and trying to live a normal life... black culture being mostly glorifying the very top or very bottom of society to an exagerrated degree and dismissing everything else in between. To point this out though, never mind suggest solutions, is politically incorrect. Political correctness having become an issue and an insult largely because of the baggage it carries with it, and the fact that it simply puts so many issues totally off the table for discussion, as it by definition does not allow people in general to admit many problems even exist.

Therumancer:
"Political Correctness" is not just about being nice to people, or tolerating them being around, but acknowledging their fundemental right to included in everything, and forcing that when need be. Entitlement is the issue, not simply being nice, or polite.

No, that's Rush Limbaugh's definition of political correctness. I go by the real definition, the one that says we should recognize there are demographics in this world other than white men.

To point this out though, never mind suggest solutions, is politically incorrect. Political correctness having become an issue and an insult largely because of the baggage it carries with it, and the fact that it simply puts so many issues totally off the table for discussion, as it by definition does not allow people in general to admit many problems even exist.

How is that not just generic human stupidity? Because that's not an issue exclusive to race or culture by any stretch of the imagination.

My argument stands that studios interfere and crowbar this shit in because they think that's what will make them more money. They've been doing shit like this even before political correctness was even a thing.

To get back to the topic of Bioware for a second, you mentioned the people bitching about Shepard now having the option to be gay. To all those people who complained, fuck 'em. It's entirely optional and I'm willing to bet a lot of them never played any of the romances anyway. If the presence of a potentially gay protagonist offends their fragile male identity that much, then they can go ahead and not buy the game. I have no sympathy for them. None.

DrVornoff:

Therumancer:

No, that's Rush Limbaugh's definition of political correctness. I go by the real definition, the one that says we should recognize there are demographics in this world other than white men.

To point this out though, never mind suggest solutions, is politically incorrect. Political correctness having become an issue and an insult largely because of the baggage it carries with it, and the fact that it simply puts so many issues totally off the table for discussion, as it by definition does not allow people in general to admit many problems even exist.

How is that not just generic human stupidity? Because that's not an issue exclusive to race or culture by any stretch of the imagination.

My argument stands that studios interfere and crowbar this shit in because they think that's what will make them more money. They've been doing shit like this even before political correctness was even a thing.

To get back to the topic of Bioware for a second, you mentioned the people bitching about Shepard now having the option to be gay. To all those people who complained, fuck 'em. It's entirely optional and I'm willing to bet a lot of them never played any of the romances anyway. If the presence of a potentially gay protagonist offends their fragile male identity that much, then they can go ahead and not buy the game. I have no sympathy for them. None.

In this paticular case Rush Limbaugh, and those who agree with him, happen to be right. This is why "political correctness" exists as a label as opposed to "just being nice to people" or a more general definition of being tolerant.

You seem to miss the point entirely on "Mass Effect 3", as many people who agree with you do, that the issue is not about the gay options for most of the people argueing. It's about entitlement, the idea that there were not supposed to be gay romance options in the game according to the creators, and they put them in BECAUSE people started attacking the game and calling it bigoted for not catering to the entitlement of that demographic. This is why "Mass Effect 3" became an issue, and "Dragon Age: Origins" did not, a point missed by everyone deciding to defend the desician or to attack those who do not like it.

As far as the issue of "realizing there are more than white men in the world" I think that falls under the catagory of "duh". Globally whites are one of the least numerous ethnicities, and even our countries that dominated during the end of conquest are starting to see us as a minority due to our own tolerance and open immigration policies. Before too long whites are going to be outnumbered by Latinos in the USA, and people aren't exactly unaware of it.

The issue with political correctness is specifically one of forcing minorities into the work of creators who did not intend for characters of that sort to be present. Not every kind of person fits into every specific work, and the artistic integrity of the creator is important. To say that you should have minorities, of any sort, present as an entitlement in something that is "too white" is akin to say that more whites should be shoehorned into say spanish language television, HK action movies, or productions with an all, or mostly black cast, and treated with respect (as opposed to the "nerdy white guy" that shows up in black comedy). It's kind of ridiculous when you put it that way.

Overall I see it as a non-issue nowadays because as time goes on I do not think your going to see a white domination of the media anyway. Plenty of developing nations are producing their own films, and when some of those countries realize what a big business it can be, I expect to start seeing some actual equivilents to Hollywood out there. The most important thing is not just going to be changes when the numbers are right overnight, but how over a period of decades your going to see say Latinos due to their numbers producing most of the creators in the US, and casting other Latinos simply because that will mostly be what's out there. Right now in a country that has been dominated by whites as the most numerous ethnic group, it's not surprising you see the current trends.

When it comes to gays, your dealing with a very tiny group of people, and one that is not likely to ever increase the same way in proportion to the population. As a result it's not something your going to see many creators, even unbigoted ones, gravitating towards, although it will happen. Forcing the issue however by declaring them entitled to a prescence just destroys the creativity integrity of the work being produced.

Therumancer:
It's about entitlement, the idea that there were not supposed to be gay romance options in the game according to the creators, and they put them in BECAUSE people started attacking the game and calling it bigoted for not catering to the entitlement of that demographic.

So it's completely beyond the realm of possibility that they just changed their minds? The gay conspiracy is the only true explanation.

This is why "Mass Effect 3" became an issue, and "Dragon Age: Origins" did not, a point missed by everyone deciding to defend the desician or to attack those who do not like it.

Actually there were a number of self-righteous, insecure dickheads bitching about how Zevran hit on them that one time. So yeah, whenever I hear people complain about the presence of a gay character in media, I honestly could not give a fuck about their complaint even if I had a lifetime supply of free, giveable fucks. It's all optional anyway and if it offends your sensibilities that much, just don't buy the fucking game. Get this, I've seen movies that were just cheap, shallow pandering with no artistic value and that would doubtless insulted my intelligence. So I totally didn't watch them.

DrVornoff:

Therumancer:
It's about entitlement, the idea that there were not supposed to be gay romance options in the game according to the creators, and they put them in BECAUSE people started attacking the game and calling it bigoted for not catering to the entitlement of that demographic.

So it's completely beyond the realm of possibility that they just changed their minds? The gay conspiracy is the only true explanation.

This is why "Mass Effect 3" became an issue, and "Dragon Age: Origins" did not, a point missed by everyone deciding to defend the desician or to attack those who do not like it.

Actually there were a number of self-righteous, insecure dickheads bitching about how Zevran hit on them that one time. So yeah, whenever I hear people complain about the presence of a gay character in media, I honestly could not give a fuck about their complaint even if I had a lifetime supply of free, giveable fucks. It's all optional anyway and if it offends your sensibilities that much, just don't buy the fucking game. Get this, I've seen movies that were just cheap, shallow pandering with no artistic value and that would doubtless insulted my intelligence. So I totally didn't watch them.

Sure, there are exceptions to every rule, and people who complain about everything. The people complaining about Zevran however were nothing compared to the people complaining
about what happened with ME3, you didn't see these huge articles and industry-wide discussions and battles over it because not many people saw it as being a big deal with Zevran, where they DO see pandering and changing an existing franchise as a big deal.

It's possible they changed their minds, but unlikely, and the campaigning and demands of entitlement that co-incided with it is uncanny and influances people's perceptions. What's more changing their mind part way through an established work is NEVER a good thing, and invokes ire all on it's own.

Had they decided to include gay-male options for Shepard all the way back in ME1 this would not have been a big issue. Yes, some would have complainted, but it wouldn't have been anything like this.

I'll also say that minority groups need to learn to zip it, and let social trends do their thing. Let creators come to their own conclusions and do what they are going to do, so when they decide to create a character of a specific sort it's genuine. Campaigning, making demands of entitlement and representation, and calling companies and creators bigoted due to exclusion by definition taints any inclusion of the minority from that point onward.

To an extent I think the issue is that when the gay community saw what "Bioware" did with "Origins" on their own, they felt the need to demand this for every game, and that is where they went wrong, if they had just kept a sock in it and let Bioware gradually work that stuff in when it's writers felt it was appropriate, they might have gotten what they wanted over a period of time, without this kind of backlash. Right now a situation has been created where things are going to remain divisive for years, exactly the opposite of what the demands were intended to do happened, pretty much everything Bioware decices to do from now on when it comes to minorities is going to be under a microscope, and you can thank impatient people with big mouths and a sense of entitlement for that.

Adam Jensen:
You're perusing one romantic interest, and at the same time you're developing another one that you didn't want without realizing it. It's just bad game design.

EGAD! This happens in real life all the time! Therefore LIFE IS BADLY DESIGNED! Take that, nature and evolution!

But seriously, people need to get the fuck over homosexuality. The ironic thing is that in pre-christian society sodomy was usually legal and accepted. Yeah, the barbarians were more progressive and open-minded than modern people, with their pantheons of gods and their lack of technology...

omicron1:
It seems to me like the spirit of inclusiveness should extend to those of us who think Don't Ask Don't Tell was good policy, and would like to be able to tell Steve Cortez so. You know, rather than being forced to commiserate with him or ignore him completely. But hey, inclusiveness only works one way, right? It doesn't count if you're on the wrong side.

You know I am all for gay's rights and I think inclusiveness is something that should be encouraged but that character was so blatantly a token it wasn't even funny. I think this may actually have been a good idea.

I actually think that in the spirit of a diverse range of options you should have maybe been able to have a really conservative character who doesn't tolerate homosexuality. Or perhaps one who is really no nonsense and doesn't tolerate flirting or shenanigans of any kind within his command. Both would have made for interesting Renegade conversation options. Or perhaps an option to say "You know you seem like a decent guy but I just don't spin that way." I find it so irritating that the only relationship (for both male and female characters) option in Mass Effect is "A few deep and revealing conversations then sex". And if you say you aren't interested in a relationship say goodbye to any more interesting conversations out of that character.

If you don't want to play a gay character, don't.

It's truly a sad day when people who claim family values are calling for the end of choice for those who think differently than themselves.

I felt like the homosexual relationship I had in ME3 (played as a woman cause I love Jennifer Hale, and got it on with the Communications lady cause she was awesome) felt natural, and didn't force it, but at the same time, didn't seem too out of place.

I could understand if by putting it in, you had characters who were homosexual trying to guilt or force you into being homosexual, that's as bad as forcing your character to be heterosexual. But allowing people to make a choice isn't wrong, it's not only a good business decision to allow those people to make themselves in their character, but also adds another freedom that games lacked coming into the generation of gaming.

Let people make their choices, if you don't agree, whoopdydoo. Everytime you disagree with someone's stance, they're also disagreeing with you, deal with it, tolerate it, and move on.

Since EA and their good partner Bioware are so much gay/lesbian friendly, or open minded, I think it's time they made an exclusively gay, or lesbian game.
I'm kidding of course, these guys' single goal is profit and negative publicity, to make even more money.

omicron1:
It seems to me like the spirit of inclusiveness should extend to those of us who think Don't Ask Don't Tell was good policy, and would like to be able to tell Steve Cortez so. You know, rather than being forced to commiserate with him or ignore him completely. But hey, inclusiveness only works one way, right? It doesn't count if you're on the wrong side.

I think you make an interesting point, but the fact is, we don't live in a perfect world. I think the attitude of excluding opinions that aren't "inclusive" is a bit of a double standard, but I think it's a double standard that is, more or less, necessary. If someone comes up to me and starts espousing racist hate speech, and instead of politely debating, I just tell him to shut the fuck up, I don't care if that makes me intolerant. I don't want to fucking hear it, period. I think opinions like that are regressive to society as a whole, and they don't help ANYONE. Free speech only gives you the right to speak, nothing else. It doesn't protect you from criticism of any kind, violent or otherwise. Hell, in some cases, it's actually illegal to espouse hateful opinions.

Some more examples of this thinking are in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vO1ZH9UWdE, and in MovieBob's skin deep video

Lesd3vil:

Adam Jensen:
You're perusing one romantic interest, and at the same time you're developing another one that you didn't want without realizing it. It's just bad game design.

EGAD! This happens in real life all the time! Therefore LIFE IS BADLY DESIGNED! Take that, nature and evolution!

But seriously, people need to get the fuck over homosexuality. The ironic thing is that in pre-christian society sodomy was usually legal and accepted. Yeah, the barbarians were more progressive and open-minded than modern people, with their pantheons of gods and their lack of technology...

What? No it doesn't. I have never had a romantic interest that just came outta nowhere. Generally, by the time you're 17, you know who what and where you want to put your dick.

As far as the gay guy (Cortez? Rodriguez? He had so few lines and was incredibly forgettable) goes, he felt sort of shoe-horned into the story. That, and did anyone else notice that he was the ONLY crew member to cry? Seems a little stereotypical to make the gay guy also be the team bitch. I mean come on! We never see Tali or Liara crying! or FemShep! Hell, not even Ashley cries. Gay-Space-Mexico Pilot guy is the only one. Even a Shep with FULL Paragon never cries. And we all know that Paragon Points are like, anti-Sam Motherfuckin' Jackson points. They are as far and removed from the Badass and Manly spectrum as you can get.

Captcha: Die-hard. Just like Bruce Willis and Renegade Shep.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked