Star Wars Battlefront 3 "new" gameplay footage

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well, they aren't exactly new since it is all footage of the pre-alpha made by Free Radical (now Crytek UK) before the game was canned (or is it?)

Here is the gameplay

Notice the transition of ground battle to space battle, kind of epic.
There are some pics if you guys want to check out
http://www.battlefront3.net/2012/04/more-screenshots-from-free-radicals-battlefront-3/

There is still a big certainty that the game is still being worked on although the developer in charge is Spark Unlimited... the games that Spark Unlimited made so far are Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Turning Point:Fall of Liberty, and Legendary. Not exactly the best resume but still... it's Battlefront 3, man.

Wow, sorry for bumping but I am sure that some people out there in the forums would like to see this and since it only got 33 views.

Why must we be denied this game? Why?!

Cool. Need Battlefront 3. Although I question Spark Studios complete competence, If they do make it, I'm sure it will be good. Come on, its Battlefront.

WAHHHH, why couldn't we have this game.

There's other pre-alpha footage around..... this is 3 years old, looks more polished than what you see here. Altho any battlefront is good for me, i need more.

Battlefront 2: greatest game on the original Xbox. I still pop it in from time to time.

I would give ALL of the money just to play Battlefront 3 for a few hours. Holy shit. I wish there were more games like it, where you're just an average soldier in a rather big battlefield taking over objectives...combined with a deeper space mode...it'd be near-perfect.

Edit: This image is always appropriate:

I need this game.

What is is Star Wars Kinect shit when we could be having fucking Battlefront 3?

I was just talking to my friend about how much I would be willing to buy this game for. If the company who was making it is still out there, and they are making it, know that I will give you $3000 to make this game.

I wants it, it's, my precious...

It won't be the same as Pandemic's games :(

Yes. Please. I want this game now. Well, I want it now, but I'll wait until it's finished. WANT

Even if it were released it just wouldn't feel the same not seeing a certain black gas mask right before the game begins.

ChupathingyX:
Even if it were released it just wouldn't feel the same not seeing a certain black gas mask right before the game begins.

I didnt mind Free Radical at all, they made Timesplitters after all, but Spark? I really hope they get their shit together if they plan on developing Battlefront 3.

On the one hand, I can certainly see why it's taking so long in development. The graphics are straight out of 2005 in quality and the lag is pathetic. How many times Did Luke's lightsaber go right though the turret and the storm trooper? I wont apologize for allowing the ripples on Star Killer's back in Force Unleashed 2 (don't worry I didn't actually buy it) to lead me to expect better rendering. And what the fuck was up with that guy attacking his own carrier ship?
Also the guy who recorded this could get a job as a camera man in the Hunger Games sequel

endtherapture:
I need this game.

What is this Star Wars Kinect shit when we could be having fucking Battlefront 3?

Because the Kinect is the full 3D of videogames.

ChupathingyX:

You know it's been so long, when I first read your comment I thought "They put Darth Vader's helmet in the intro-cinematic for Battlefront?"
*sheds manly tear upon sudden comprehension*

Oh why'd you do a thing like that?! Now I miss those damned games :(

Gods. The online was pretty rubbish for me back then, my connection meant I couldn't get the most out of it...but the game was amazing. I loved the space battles...I loved the vehicles...my favourite maps were the huge ones, like the icy one for the clone wars (not Hoth I don't think....) and Geonosis and Hoth itself. Where you're a soldier (albeit a kickass one) in a huge war.

Like Battlefield 3 on roids. With lasers.

LucasArts would almost redeem itself if they jumped on stage during PAX or E3 and said, "SUPRISE BITCHES! WE'VE BEEN WORKN' ON DIS SHIT ALL ALONG!"

You can hop in a star fighter on a planet THEN FLY INTO SPACE?!?!??!?!

WHY DID THEY NOT FINISH THIS GAME!!!

Oh btw, they got the A-Wing's engine sound effect wrong.

I agree I loved Battlefront 2. Still I'm starting to become concerned with my overwhelmingly active Star Wars games I've been playing. Damn you Old Republic.

OH GOD IT'S TOO PAINFUL TO LOOK AT! SO MANY OLD WOUNDS ARE OPENING NOW!

WHY, WHY DID YOU CAN THIS GAME!? IT WAS, LIKE 95% FINISHED! WHYYYYYYYY?!

Judging by the replies, it seems that this is one of the most wanted games of all time.

And for good fucking reason.

Oh, what could have been.

*manly tear*

I remember playing Battlefront 2 with my friend. The weekend it came out, I went to his house and we stayed up all damn night playing it. Did damn-near everything possible, and we still played it. Because it was is amazing.

I... Bwuh... I want this. I have fond memories of playing BF2 at my friends house with his home cinema. GIVE ME MOAR!

I remember being called spoilt and rich because I didn't have to wait until the christmas after the game's release to play Battlefront 2.

Good times.

I was so upset upon realizing that this wasn't about an upcoming release! Come on! New Battlefront 3 footage? How could I expect anything else?

windlenot:
I was so upset upon realizing that this wasn't about an upcoming release! Come on! New Battlefront 3 footage? How could I expect anything else?

Sorry, but I did write it like this - "new" - but listen, there is a big certainty that the game is being made and will be announced this year, the problem is that it is being made by Spark Unlimited.

DVS BSTrD:
On the one hand, I can certainly see why it's taking so long in development. The graphics are straight out of 2005 in quality and the lag is pathetic. How many times Did Luke's lightsaber go right though the turret and the storm trooper? I wont apologize for allowing the ripples on Star Killer's back in Force Unleashed 2 (don't worry I didn't actually buy it) to lead me to expect better rendering. And what the fuck was up with that guy attacking his own carrier ship?

It probably was a very early alpha build - textures are terrible for instance.

Hopefully Spark will do well with this game - I heard somewhere they've been hiring old hands from Pandemic - a good sign if ever there was one.

Battlefront 2 still lives in my CD drive. The only time I've removed it in months was for ME3. The disk is slowly degrading, sound files are disappearing, textures... when it dies, I don't think I'll buy a new one. It needs a worthy successor.

I loved the Battlefront games. Before I was introduced to the Call of Duty games, Battlefront was my go to game for ground warfare. The only mistake I made with this game was that I got it on the PS2, not the XBOX. I'm assuming the online play was better on the XBOX than it was on the PS2. Every time I wanted to play online with the PS2, I had to put in a seperate disk to connect to the internet or something and then, once that was up and running, I could put in the game disk.

Thought provoking question inbound:
Since this game has been AWOL for the better part of 7-8 years, I'm not sure when it was supposed to come out oringinally, and the animated series The Clone Wars has been running for 4 seasons, do you think they might add battles from the series into the story campagin like the battle for crystosis...christosys...crystaalll...the planet where Anakin and Ahsoka first met and characters like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Savage Opress, and Ventress as hero/villian characters?

Gah. This opened old, sore wounds. :(

The Battlefronts were some of the most fun I've had in video gaming, along with the TimeSplitters series. Playing the average soldier was great fun, especially with fighting the immortal Jedi in the first one. When I heard FR were going to make BF3 I was ecstatic, but then everything went down the crapper and the opportunity was lost.

Battlefront 3 and TimeSplitters 4. Two sequels I would so dearly love to see made and yet neither seem anywhere likely.

Also found this, by the way: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/03/star-wars-battlefront-3-files-discovered-on-resident-evil-raccoon-city-disc/

umm a video from some random guy with less than 100 veiws and which was clearly recorded by some sort of toaster, yeh im not buying it, maybe when the game gets advertised by a company ill get exited

also advertising for a game starts LONG before the alpha testing stage (especially for FPS games, sequels and highly anticipated games like this one) so if it was in alpha testing we would have heard of it by now

im sorry but you have all been
trolled

ssgt splatter:
I loved the Battlefront games. Before I was introduced to the Call of Duty games, Battlefront was my go to game for ground warfare. The only mistake I made with this game was that I got it on the PS2, not the XBOX. I'm assuming the online play was better on the XBOX than it was on the PS2. Every time I wanted to play online with the PS2, I had to put in a seperate disk to connect to the internet or something and then, once that was up and running, I could put in the game disk.

Thought provoking question inbound:
Since this game has been AWOL for the better part of 7-8 years, I'm not sure when it was supposed to come out oringinally, and the animated series The Clone Wars has been running for 4 seasons, do you think they might add battles from the series into the story campagin like the battle for crystosis...christosys...crystaalll...the planet where Anakin and Ahsoka first met and characters like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Savage Opress, and Ventress as hero/villian characters?

That would be awesome. I love Battlefront 2 but it really needed more variety I think - more maps, more classes, more planets, more weapons.

Hopefully Battlefront 3 will have more varied maps and planets, bigger battles, more vehicles, better Space combat, and ground to air combat (like in Battlefront 1). A better camera (similar to Mass Effect style maybe?) wouldn't go amiss.

wasnt footage like this popping up for... im gonna say a few years now, and then it was found out to be some modded footage of something like Halo 2 or something?

so yeah, im gonna have to say supremely skeptical until more reputable source is found.

is this going 2 b on ps3?

Someday, I'd like a Battlefront game set in the KotOR era.

Because that's the only Star Wars related content that matters to me.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked