Games and Game Companies that deserve more traffic.

Let's share some games and some game companies that deserve more traffic then they already get :) after all, they need more fame and you might find something you enjoy! :) Everyone wins.

Let's begin with... Recettear - An Item Shops Tale.

Great tycoon game, great adventure game and a serious challenge that I personally and embarrassingly consider to be...well...the 'Dark Souls' of Tycoon games (keep in mind that most of the tycoon games I've played I've considered to be very easy..) If any human being can finish the story line without looping more then once...he shall be deemed the chuck norris of gaming. But, even with it's overhanging difficulty curve it literally gives you infinite chances to win and succeed, and unlocks more modes after you win. You can also run fun dungeons, fight bosses and expand your business.

Your basically playing as the item shop manager in a jrpg. And it's honestly a fun and exciting experience :D

Anyone got any more :)?

Hmmmmm........ Other then Creative Assembly I cant think of more companies that deserve more sales.

Games: Mass Effect Series, yeah I know they made a fuckton of sales but I really think it should become a household name.

I can think of companies that deserve less sales though, Activision, Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Captcha: Describe this brand with any words- L'oreal
My answer: Gandalfs Hair

Defenders Quest. Tower defense RPG. There's a pretty substantial demo, just go try it out. Pretty cheap too.

http://www.defendersquest.com/

Bethesda, but only if they convince ZeniMax to pledge the new profits to improve their QA on future titles.

Anything thats niche and AA, honestly with the way the industry is heading, all that will be left is your AAA hollywood blockbusters and indie games, with nothing in the middle.

CAVE, they make some great 2D shmups, Akia Katana is due out this month. Nin2Jump is a required purchase for all platformer speedrunners (S ranks are quite easy, its the leasderboard times thats best to play for)

Rising Star games who are the altus, NISA and XSEED of Europe, they have just moved into the US
Digital Reality with what they have on (and upcoming) on digi download

From Software, Platinum Games, Grasshopper. Even SEGA (who own creative assembly btw) who have been making and publishing good games recently, who just announced they were over 100mil in the red.

Carpe Fulgur, Rockin Android and Nyu Media who are the pioneers of Japanese indie games on steam. (RA games are also on PSN)

Anyone who loves the original NES castlevania's should check out Carpe Fulgur's Fortune Summoners on Steam. Ignore what most folk are saying about the controls, they arent broken, its by design just like the original Castlevanias, where you need skill as you cant just button mash your way through the enemies.

THQ those guys are in the shit

Fr]anc[is:
Defenders Quest. Tower defense RPG. There's a pretty substantial demo, just go try it out. Pretty cheap too.

http://www.defendersquest.com/

Hmmmm...I heard of it. Will see if I can give it a shot.

Everything from Atlus deserves more love than it gets. AlsO NiS america . Their jrpgs are lovely and i am quite sad jrpgs are turning into a niche genre . I wish i could learn me some japanese without being called a black weebo :/ .

The jrpg fan in me wants to also say square-enix , but thats only because i remember when they were squaresoft , incidentally Enix weren't too bad back in the day , who could hate the guys thats brought us titles tile dragon warrior and star ocean . But the videogame connoisseur in me wants them to die in a fire .

Remedy and Twisted Pixel

Enjoyed every game I've played by both these groups. And Twisted Pixel's engine is called BEARD!

I'd say Techland. They had a solid game with Dead Island. With further profits and better management over bug fixes, Dead World could be awesome.

krazykidd:
Everything from Atlus deserves more love than it gets. Also NiS america .

God damn ninjas...

Anyway, ya, a lot of this.

I just recently got into the Disgaea series because 3 was coming out for the Vita. I bought 1 for my PSP, loved it to bits.

I also got 4 for my PS3 today. So much awesomeness.

Well...the drum I always beat on in these topics is the Fossil Fighters series. Yeah, it's pretty much got the same battle mechanics as every Mons RPG ever: elemental weaknesses, turn based combat, blahblahblah. But, come on, dinosaurs that shoot fire? Tell me that isn't cool. Besides that, it's one of the few games where I've seen the DS mechanics work well. You use the DS touch screen to clean, and the microphone to blow away dust. You're rewarded for being careful and accurate with the stylus movements with more powerful, more useful dinosaurs. More powerful blows through the microphone clear away more dust, letting you see better. And, for the sequel, you get an old game bonus because several fossils that are really common in the old game suddenly become quite rare, but you can dig up the bones in the old game and send them to the new one.

GSC Gameworld (they're still alive, right?) because the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series has continued to be the best thing to happen to the FPS genre since... well since the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game.

Alpha Protocol - best dialogue system ever made for a game, solid story and gameplay. Slightly unpolished, but a fantastic game nonetheless, can't overstate the awesomeness of that dialogue system.

Bastion - well known, but probably not well enough. Simply an amazing game all around and something everyone can and should play. Oh and that's not coming from a person who's normally into indie titles. It's genuinely a fantastic game, there's no "for an indie title" there.

Prototype - awful quests, mediocre story and graphics. I sure know how to sell a game, huh? Thing is, the gameplay in that thing is mindblowing. I can't really explain it and maybe console gamers are not strangers to it as consoles have more games like it (f.ex. Infamous), but on a PC, this is a very unique game to the best of my knowledge (there's Darksiders, but it's a terrible port and nowhere near as good). The movement and combat are immensely liberating, which results in a hell of a lot of "fucking-around" value in the game.

Double Fine, they make awesome stories with good gameplay and most of their big name games are commercial flops, at least at launch, by this point psychonauts has probably turned a nice profit but brutal legend probably never will since its console only and was published by ea.

Fappy:
Bethesda, but only if they convince ZeniMax to pledge the new profits to improve their QA on future titles.

...huh? Look, I love Bethesda as the next Elder Scrolls fanboy, but they already get ungodsly amounts of traffic. I don't think they can get any more famous.

Journey.

Theres always a need for more companions.

I agree with Recettear quite strongly.

Also, while Atlus is kinda big. I still think it deserves more notice than it gets.

More people also need to be aware of Tales of Symphonia, one of the greatest games ever created. Sadly overshadowed for not having the name "Final Fantasy VII"... I mean Final Fantasy, in it's title. And being on the Gamecube in the West as opposed to the PlayStation 2.

TrevHead:
Anything thats niche and AA, honestly with the way the industry is heading, all that will be left is your AAA hollywood blockbusters and indie games, with nothing in the middle.

I'd second this, though when it comes to specific companies I'd just name my favorites: Atlus, NIS and Platinum.

CD Projekt Red and Good old Games.

CD Projekt Red made deep RPG's with actual choices and consequences, no stupid "morality system", and actually morally grey characters/choices. The eventually removed all DRM from Witcher 1 and updated it to an enhanced edition for free. They sold the game free of DRM on GoG.com, and after a few weeks removed what DRM was on the Witcher 2 even though doing so caused them to get sued by their publisher. They did it because it was negatively effecting consumers. They are also supporting Witcher 2 with free DLC and are set to release a big update for it on the 17th, for free.

Good Old Games is part of the same company that owns CDPR, what GoG does is take out of print classic games, re-works them to work on modern operating systems, and re-release them at a low cost with no DRM and with a bunch of goodies packed in. They are now starting to offer newer games with no DRM, lots of goodies, and with all DLC that's released packed in. They also don't charge by the "$1 = €1 or 1 or whatever" rule so many other digital distributors do.

What they do are virtuous endeavors. Their work is akin to feeding the poor, helping the lame to walk, or punching Bobby Kotick in the happysack.

They deserve all the money they can get.

Also, GoG is giving away Fallout 1. For free. Started yesterday and was set to run 48 hours, so it's about 3/4th of the way done, I think. So pick it up while you can. And buy some stuff from them. They deserve money.

Oh, i got a few.

-CDprojekt
-Techland
-GSC Gameworld
-Atlus
-From Software
-Obsidian i guess

everything trev said.

krazykidd:
Everything from Atlus deserves more love than it gets. AlsO NiS america . Their jrpgs are lovely and i am quite sad jrpgs are turning into a niche genre . I wish i could learn me some japanese without being called a black weebo :/ .

I'll second anything Atlus. Can't wait for P4 Arena. P4 Golden might just sell me a Vita. I want to say KH Dream Drop Distance will sell me a 3DS, but I'm not sure. If Megaman Legends was still coming out then I would have gotten a 3DS just for those two games.

For MMORPGs, I feel Mabinogi doesn't get enough love, I mean yes, Nexon is a horribly run company, but the game itself is one of the most unique F2P MMORPGs I've ever played; unique combat system, decent plot, graphics that age fairly well, things to do other then combat, and hands down largest amount of character customization of all the other MMOs I've played, both in terms of appearance and character build. Why does it have to be run by Nexon D: D: D:

Troika games 7 years ago so we could have gotten more stuff like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Also, I say The Game Bakers.

Don't know who The Game Bakers are? Well, if you have an iOS or Android device, pick up their game Squids. Then come back and we can chat about how The Game Bakers needs more traffic and money.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked