Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut ~ It's Official :O

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

lacktheknack:
Why is Zeel banned? We could have a mass gloating!

No idea. I can't find the post that finally pushed it over the edge.

Although I guess it could have hypothetically been just about any of them.

Seanfall:

How do they get back to those places with the Mass Relays gone? Even if they didn't blow up like in arrival their still non functioning.

Uhh it isn't like a majority of the populace of those civilizations were at Earth.

Also I said "set forth" by wrex, I.e. all the ideals he did in the near 3 years from Me1 till Me3.

BloatedGuppy:

lacktheknack:
Why is Zeel banned? We could have a mass gloating!

No idea. I can't find the post that finally pushed it over the edge.

Although I guess it could have hypothetically been just about any of them.

I think he got confronted by the mods after it was all said and done and admitted to trolling. That's what I heard anyway.

Fappy:
I think he got confronted by the mods after it was all said and done and admitted to trolling. That's what I heard anyway.

Zeel admitted to trolling on one of the first days he was here. I always figured they let him hang around because he drove up page views, or something.

boag:

viranimus:
Yes, its official, the precedent has been set and the ending will now be ruined.

Congratulations, The game, the players, the company, consumers are now worse off for this.

Other thought:

With the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut we think we have struck a good balance in delivering the answers players are looking for while maintaining the team's artistic vision

This for all the people who said that changing the ending would not be compromising artistic vision. This is straight from the horses mouth, they had to sacrifice their vision, in order to appease so many irrational people, If they had to strike a balance, they had to compromise the vision to make a balance for the players.

But if nothing else, this is a good thing. The damage is now done, and at least this beast can be put to rest and people can shut the hell up about it. Im glad its over, even thought its the worst possible outcome. Oh well.

How the fuck is the ending ruined if they arent changing ANYTHING?

How the fuck is the ending ruined if its just adding an Epilogue to it?

i...my head hurts reading the person you just quoted.

i do not understand, in the slightest, how stupidly short sighted a person can be. if anything they are adding on a 4 minute slideshow they made on power point saying "such and such did X! then they were Y!", if it's anything more than that, i'll actually be slightly impressed considering it's free.

regardless, EAware is doing this to try and brush this under the rug, not because they care nor do they want to admit how bad of a fuck up it was. they can kiss my ass if they think i'm falling for this horse shit, this will be the first time that i will actually "vote with my wallet". Unless the extended cut somehow is the most amazing turn around explanation that I have ever seen, then they've lost one high paying customer over the years.

gmaverick019:
this will be the first time that i will actually "vote with my wallet".

The DLC is going to be free. How exactly will you be voting with your wallet?

Meh I don't think they should have done crap and just left it as it is. But i'm not one to pass on free stuff so... :3

DrVornoff:

Presumably he's going to push his wallet into a ballot box, somewhere.

Hey guys I know this is kind of off-topic but I started up Skyrim recently and it looked like this. It's very strange and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem.

It's almost as if gaming were sent back all the way back to 2002, like someth...

Wait...

What's this?

They changed the ending to Mass Effect 3?

OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE???

Fappy:
I had to come up with a new canon ME3 ending to compliment my ME d20 campaign this summer (3rd part in a trilogy) because it takes place during the events of ME3 and if the relays are destroyed it pretty much invalidates the entire plot of the campaign and everything they have done up to that point. Thankfully I don't need to go into much detail because the PC's aren't going to witness what transpires on the Citadel in the end anyway.

You ran a Mass Effect d20 game this summer too?! What are the odds?

Actually, I already ran the end of ME3 in my game - during the summer. I was actually running for a player playing as Shepard, so I not only had to write my own ending, but the entirety of ME3.

My game didn't have a Crucible (since I didn't know about it). Instead, all the collected resources went into building a fleet of Upgraded SR ships to vanguard (pun intended) the attack on the Reaper fleet. Prohibitively expensive my ass - the Quarian Corps of Engineers was on the scene. ^^

Screw magic mcguffinery - in my game, Shepard destroyed the Reaper fleet in full-on combat. The Collector ship was Reaper Tech - if the Normandy could solo it, then it could solo a Reaper Destroyer. A fleet of Normandies... you get the idea. ^^

SajuukKhar:

Seanfall:

How do they get back to those places with the Mass Relays gone? Even if they didn't blow up like in arrival their still non functioning.

Uhh it isn't like a majority of the populace of those civilizations were at Earth.

Also I said "set forth" by wrex, I.e. all the ideals he did in the near 3 years from Me1 till Me3.

Again...Tali can't get back to Rannoch though. So they still all starve to death or kill each other.

SajuukKhar:

nikki191:

Dendio:
The Bioware forums are ablaze with QQ right now. Im disgusted by the fan base complaining about free improvement on the ending. If I were a dev I'd just avoid those forums and let the people vent amongst themselves

simply put the fan base are complaining that the ending is so out of character with the game, so broken, so non sensical that no amount of clarity will fix it short of a complete reshoot of the ending

Given that the overall logic behind the "synthetics will kill organics eventually" is correct because over a long term any and all things that have a probability of even 0.0000000001% will happen inevitably, the real things they really need to clarify are

1. The Normandy stuff
2. How the FFFFFFFFFFFF did your squadmates get on the Normandy

Those are really the only two big plot-holes.

...You know, I tried, but I just can't let that go by unchallenged.

A) That logic assumes pure randomness and an infinite timescale. Sapience and decision making abilities kinda muck up the equation. There's considerable difference between rolling a dice every day to determine what you want for lunch and being asked each day what you'd like for lunch. While it is a statistical certainty that given enough time (and a finite number of lunch options) any given possibility in the former example will eventually be represented, the latter has no such guarantee.
B) Even ignoring that, by the logic espoused in that statement, "synthetics and organics will create a lasting peace" must also be taken as a given for exactly the same reason.
C) Ignoring both of those: Regardless of the player's personal take on it, the passive acceptance of the statement requires that Shepherd break character to work as his interactions with Synthetics stand in contrast to the claim made. This is especially true for a Shepherd that successfully brokered peace between the Geth and Quarians and one who convinced EDI and Joker to pursue a romantic relationship, to say nothing of his/her interaction with Legion. Your own conclusions about the organic/synthetic conflict nonwithstanding, Shepherd's own experiences practically mandate that he/she take the claim with at least a grain of salt. Regardless of the decision made in the end, the doubt should be present.
D) ...Those are the only plotholes? Really? Let's see, off the top of my head:

Again: In order not to qualify as a plot hole, you do need to be able to explain it based on the rules established within the source material.

Bara_no_Hime:

I'm guessing 1 in 20.

Looks like Bioware are only digging themselves a deeper hole.

Personally I can't see anything good coming from this. RIP Bioware, you were once a great company, now you're just a bunch of douchebags. I, for one, will be saving my money and purchasing other games instead of their crap.

Im still pretty dissapointed. If they arent going to outright retcon the ending then they really shouldnt bother, which is what it seems like they are doing anyway. I should withhold judgement til its in my hands, but extending this travesty of an ending doesnt seem like a good way to "fix" it.

Asita:
snip

well first off I said BIG plot-holes, not plotholes in general. I suggest that next time you actually read someones post before yo respond to it.
Secondly organics natural hatred and distrust of anything that isn't them makes lasting peace impossible. Your assumption that lasting peace would be equally as probably as total genocide would work only if we ignored the entirety of organic evolution and how the organic mind works.

so long as two distinct individuals exist they will compete against each other making long-term peace impossible.

The only way that lasting peace would be possible is if
1. We become a hive mind like ants, or close to like The Geth were before the upgrade in ME3, were everyone and everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, was all part of the same collective mind, but not necessarily of the some collective body.
2. We somehow pull a Neon Genesis Evangelion and merge everything into one super body.

DrVornoff:

gmaverick019:

i'm referring to future EA games/DLC, depending on how the extended cut goes, i might not even download it if it gets thrashed or is nothing more than a few second tid bits here and there in the "choose your color of shit" endings.

Id be more than happy to take a look at the new ending,.but I didnt feel the apparant SEETHING WORLD ENDING ITS NOT WORTH LIVING LIFE ANYMORE!!!!!!!! rage thats been poured out over it, ive seen worse endings to games.

I was just super god damn happy to make it through the end battle, One. Tough. Motherfucker.

Bara_no_Hime:

Fappy:
I had to come up with a new canon ME3 ending to compliment my ME d20 campaign this summer (3rd part in a trilogy) because it takes place during the events of ME3 and if the relays are destroyed it pretty much invalidates the entire plot of the campaign and everything they have done up to that point. Thankfully I don't need to go into much detail because the PC's aren't going to witness what transpires on the Citadel in the end anyway.

Actually, I already ran the end of ME3 in my game - during the summer. I was actually running for a player playing as Shepard, so I not only had to write my own ending, but the entirety of ME3.

My game didn't have a Crucible (since I didn't know about it). Instead, all the collected resources went into building a fleet of Upgraded SR ships to vanguard (pun intended) the attack on the Reaper fleet. Prohibitively expensive my ass - the Quarian Corps of Engineers was on the scene. ^^

Screw magic mcguffinery - in my game, Shepard destroyed the Reaper fleet in full-on combat. The Collector ship was Reaper Tech - if the Normandy could solo it, then it could solo a Reaper Destroyer. A fleet of Normandies... you get the idea. ^^

I think I remember you detailing this in another thread a few weeks back. Sounded fun :D

Yeah, I ran the first campaign the summer before ME2 came out (which took place before and during the events of ME1) and the second campaign the summer after ME2 came out (which took place before the events of the second game). The player characters have a neat little spot in the ME canon where I've basically had them running side-by-side with the timeline of the actual games. Some of the things they do/encounter fills in holes in the game lore left open to interpretation (like I have an explanation for how the Pragia facility went to hell, something Jack admits she doesn't know in ME2) and they got to react to a lot of stuff that happened in the games. The campaign canon Shep's decisions did matter! :P

For the sake of not spoiling the campaign for my one friend who lurks around here I'll put this in spoiler tags (LOOK AWAY JEFF!):

DrVornoff:

gmaverick019:

same way i did, demand a refund from bioware.
and yes, i got all 70 bucks back.

Adam Jensen:

EA:
Through additional cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes, the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut will give fans seeking further clarity to the ending of Mass Effect 3 deeper insights into how their personal journey concludes

It sounds like shit. We don't want answers. This isn't LOST. We want an ending that makes sense.

This when i read it was only meant to give answers to what happens and what not i just facepalmed, IT'S NOT WHAT WE WANT IS THAT WHAT YOU CALL STRIKING A GOOD BALANCE?.
Just no it may be free but it isnt the ending we were promised

Why do I get a strong feeling by the time the extended cut had arrived there will still be some fans out there who are still unhappy with the result (a vicious cycle I know).

Adam Jensen:

It sounds like shit. We don't want answers. This isn't LOST. We want an ending that makes sense.

I love you and want your digital babies.
God, I hated the Lost ending.

Scarim Coral:
Why do I get a strong feeling by the time the extended cut had arrived there will still be some fans out there who are still unhappy with the result (a vicious cycle I know).

no, its bad writing being back up by even more bad writing.
its not a vicious cycle, its just redundant stupidity on bioware's part.

Blargh McBlargh:
Looks like Bioware are only digging themselves a deeper hole.

Personally I can't see anything good coming from this. RIP Bioware, you were once a great company, now you're just a bunch of douchebags. I, for one, will be saving my money and purchasing other games instead of their crap.

I feel you they want to justify the endings and only give you answers instead of giving us a TRUE ending that ends with shephard and his love interest how other species behave afterwards etc, But if i remember correctly Casey Hudson was the one who was ONLY in charge to write the ending if what i read was correct.

As long as that plot hole godchild remains in the game I want nothing to do with EA or Bioware and any of their future games. Make that damn kid go away and then we'll talk. Otherwise I'm done!

I don't think I ever really expected them to be, like, "OK that sucked here's a better one," so this is still pretty good news in my book. The ending was never going to suddenly become great with an edit. That just wasn't in the cards.

So we're stuck with Shepard just deciding that choice is overrated and bowing down to a glowly little brat, at least we can maybe get some decent explanation as to how the entire fleet isn't going to starve to death in space, or why all galactic civilization isn't completely fucked forever by the sudden termination of all interstellar trade.

Of course, it might just be total shit, in which case, what's even the point of complaining anymore?

Either way, at least they tried. I have to give them some credit for that.

Adam Jensen:
As long as that plot hole godchild remains in the game I want nothing to do with EA or Bioware and any of their future games. Make that damn kid go away and then we'll talk. Otherwise I'm done!

He's trying to save you from synthetics, man.

Give him a chance.

SajuukKhar:

Asita:
snip

well first off I said BIG plot-holes, not plotholes in general. I suggest that next time you actually read someones post before yo respond to it.
Secondly organics natural hatred and distrust of anything that isn't them makes lasting peace impossible. Your assumption that lasting peace would be equally as probably as total genocide would work only if we ignored the entirety of organic evolution and how the organic mind works.

so long as two distinct individuals exist they will compete against each other making long-term peace impossible.

The only way that lasting peace would be possible is if
1. We become a hive mind like ants, or close to like The Geth were before the upgrade in ME3, were everyone and everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING, was all part of the same collective mind, but not necessarily of the some collective body.
2. We somehow pull a Neon Genesis Evangelion and merge everything into one super body.

thats not the point.

the point is a lasting peace between organics and synthetics, which the star child(harbinger) argues is impossible... meanwhile the geth and their quarian creators are fighting and dying side by side.

its a idiotic tissue paper thin argument that shepard's very existence invalidates.

Unsilenced:
I don't think I ever really expected them to be, like, "OK that sucked here's a better one," so this is still pretty good news in my book. The ending was never going to suddenly become great with an edit. That just wasn't in the cards.

So we're stuck with Shepard just deciding that choice is overrated and bowing down to a glowly little brat, at least we can maybe get some decent explanation as to how the entire fleet isn't going to starve to death in space, or why all galactic civilization isn't completely fucked forever by the sudden termination of all interstellar trade.

Of course, it might just be total shit, in which case, what's even the point of complaining anymore?

"what's even the point of complaining anymore?" so they fucking fix it!

Adam Jensen:

If you read it right the context is that they want to JUSTIFY the endings and what not and give you answers to what you do afterwards, It's hardly even what we asked for and it's not a TRUE ending, So much for striking a good balance this is only gonna generate over 9000 more times flak towards bioware then before. :(

Yassen:
Kudos to them for making it free, but it's still a shame how this basically means this is the ending we're getting no matter what. As in, they're not going to scrap the whole thing or go with the indoctrination theory like I hoped.

/Deep sigh. Oh well, let's just see what they do.

They still might! I hope... Please? I mean how else can you explain that Shepard gets Indoctr-eyes at the Blue/Green Endings? How else do you explain Shepard waking up under rubble back on earth? How Else can you explain those oily shadows that permeate the Conduit/Dream Sequences? Or the child that nobody can see?

IT HAS TO BE TRUE GODDAMNIT!

Joseph Alexander:

Unsilenced:

"what's even the point of complaining anymore?" so they fucking fix it!

Good luck with that.

so basically, they are making the shitty ending various colors longer

Joseph Alexander:

thats not the point.

the point is a lasting peace between organics and synthetics, which the star child(harbinger) argues is impossible... meanwhile the geth and their quarian creators are fighting and dying side by side.

its a idiotic tissue paper thin argument that shepard's very existence invalidates.

And again, nothing about the peace between The Geth and Quarrians gives any sort of evidence to support that it would last.

Being able to make peace with The Geth =/=
-The peace will last
-That peace with other synthetics can be made
-The peace with other synthetics will last
and so on and so on.

What you are doing is trying to that that because you can make cake that cake will be fresh for all time, and that all future cakes made will be equally as good and last as long

Your argument is flawed at the core.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked