Skyrim Patch 1.5 Finally Did It....

Pages 1 2 NEXT

For those of you unaware, Skyrim's 1.5 patch is now live on PC and 360 (I believe PS3 is supposed to be up soon as well). Anyway, among some interesting features they added there is one bug I am astonished they finally fixed... they fixed my Main Quest breaking bug!!!! :OOOOO

I had this bug where I was unable to acquire the quest "A Cornered Rat" after "Diplomatic Immunity" and they have finally gotten around to fixing it. I got to that point in the quest on my main character about a week after the game's release. That's right, I have been waiting 5 months for a simple quest fix to fix the main quest and I can finally do it!

Sorry, I just wanted to express my joy. We can turn this into an all purpose 1.5 thread since I don't see any on this forum yet.

EDIT: Off-topic forum?... Oops. If a mod could kindly move this to the Gaming Discussion. I am sorry >.>

EDITEDIT: Thank you :D

You had me excited, until I read it isn't on the PS3 yet...not that I have had any major bugs (only a small glitch with my armor stands) I'm just waiting for the new stuff before I go off to finish the Main Questline and College Of Winterhold (which is all I have left, aside from all the random sidequests and some Daedric ones). Until then, Deus Ex has my attention.

imahobbit4062:
You had me excited, until I read it isn't on the PS3 yet...not that I have had any major bugs (only a small glitch with my armor stands) I'm just waiting for the new stuff before I go off to finish the Main Questline and College Of Winterhold (which is all I have left, aside from all the random sidequests and some Daedric ones). Until then, Deus Ex has my attention.

Its out on PS3 tomorrow.

OT: Yay! Now, back to not giving a fuck about Skyrim again. Still letting all the quality mods stack up over at the Nexus before I go on a download spree.

It's only out now? I thought that the 1.5 patch has been out for weeks on Steam.

they also managed to break piles of mods with there fixed/not fixed navmesh bug and from what ive heard the scripting language and construction kit is that hard and buggy even bethseda are having trouble with it

nikki191:
they also managed to break piles of mods with there fixed/not fixed navmesh bug and from what ive heard the scripting language and construction kit is that hard and buggy even bethseda are having trouble with it

That's part of the reason why I am holding off on the PC version. Once they stop constantly patching and there are a lot of great mods out I'll jump on board.

I had a massive bug in markath stopping me from completing the conspiracy quest there, can't remember the name of it. I hope that's fixed...

Otherwise, I played the game this morning with what I think was 1.5, and it seemed pretty damn cool. I've seen a couple of the new kill animations so far, and one of the spell ones made me look like a gorram jedi. So, yeah, pretty cool.

You must feel like this.

It's good they're finally fixing the game breaking bugs for people who have come across them. Personally I haven't come across anything significant at all.

nikki191:

Yep, I was remaking Ultima Underworld in the creation kit but I'm holding of for now while they sort it all out a bit more. Bugs aside, the biggest problem with the Creation Kit is the lack of instruction. They have a tutorial to get the basics down and a reference guide for scripting but it's far from complete. So I'm hoping the wiki improves as well. Perhaps then when I run into a problem it won't take me in the ball park of 3+ hours/days of digging for answers before resorting to a work around.

I heard from one of the guys at bethesda that they did indeed have these same problems. Of course they had someone they could call for help if needed, but then their version was even more buggy than the one we have today.

Djinn8:

nikki191:

Yep, I was remaking Ultima Underworld in the creation kit but I'm holding of for now while they sort it all out a bit more. Bugs aside, the biggest problem with the Creation Kit is the lack of instruction. They have a tutorial to get the basics down and a reference guide for scripting but it's far from complete. So I'm hoping the wiki improves as well. Perhaps then when I run into a problem it won't take me in the ball park of 3+ hours/days of digging for answers before resorting to a work around.

I heard from one of the guys at bethesda that they did indeed have these same problems. Of course they had someone they could call for help if needed, but then their version was even more buggy than the one we have today.

I remember playing around with the construction kit in Morrowind but never quite figured out how to successfully make scripts for NPCs. I'm sure its even more complicated in Skyrim.

Fappy:

Djinn8:

nikki191:

I remember playing around with the construction kit in Morrowind but never quite figured out how to successfully make scripts for NPCs. I'm sure its even more complicated in Skyrim.

That's actually not to bad. Most of the things you would want them to do already exist as premade packages and editing them is as difficult as selecting options in drop box. The real dificulty come from their Papyrus language. Someone with years of experience using a similer object orientated language might be able to pick it up easily enough, but for someone like me with only a knowledge of lower level languages, it can be near impossible without some sort of guide beyond a primer.

Happy for you. Nothing worse than a game breaking glitch. I was thinking of going back myself but knowing me I won't continue with the character I am farths with and will probably make a new one from scratch.

Wow...I think ill go back and finish skyrim now lol. The game is huge. Bethesda is still working on it despite it not being fotm anymore.

HELL YEAH! I've been waiting for this, time to boot up Skyrim and play as my new rouge (arrow killcams here I come) Thanks for the news man!

Fappy:
For those of you unaware, Skyrim's 1.5 patch is now live on PC and 360 (I believe PS3 is supposed to be up soon as well). Anyway, among some interesting features they added there is one bug I am astonished they finally fixed... they fixed my Main Quest breaking bug!!!! :OOOOO

I had this bug where I was unable to acquire the quest "A Cornered Rat" after "Diplomatic Immunity" and they have finally gotten around to fixing it. I got to that point in the quest on my main character about a week after the game's release. That's right, I have been waiting 5 months for a simple quest fix to fix the main quest and I can finally do it!

Sorry, I just wanted to express my joy. We can turn this into an all purpose 1.5 thread since I don't see any on this forum yet.

EDIT: Off-topic forum?... Oops. If a mod could kindly move this to the Gaming Discussion. I am sorry >.>

EDITEDIT: Thank you :D

Did they make it so 90% of the population isn't immortal? Cause thats really what made me stop playing (360, or I'd just DL some mods).

Its really the only issue i have with the game, but its game breaking enough IMO that I lost interest in playing.

TizzytheTormentor:
HELL YEAH! I've been waiting for this, time to boot up Skyrim and play as my new rouge (arrow killcams here I come) Thanks for the news man!

Rogue.

Rouge is makeup that goes on your face.

....did they fix the intro bug where the lead wagon hits the gate and bounces around like crazy, including into your horse, delaying you enough so that the lead wagon is around the first corner before you get into town, causing your wagon (which is following the lead wagon directly) to steer right into the house and get stuck, preventing you from completing the intro and therefore even playing the game?

Because until that's fixed, I am up for a class action suit against them to get my money back and forget I ever played any Bethesda games.

Apparently its live for PS3 now as well... in North America anyway.

Perfect timing then for me as I was planning on jumping back to Skyrim after a couple weeks hiatus.

That patch actually fixes quite a bit that I've been having problems with, so huzzah!

Riveting tale, chap.

Just kidding.
Isn't this something you could have downloaded a community fix mod for?

Tayh:
Riveting tale, chap.

Just kidding.

I'm on the 360.

Fappy:

Tayh:
Riveting tale, chap.

Just kidding.

I'm on the 360.

No offense, but why of all games would you get a Bethesda game on a console?

Like I know a lot of people don't have uber PCs, but buying a Bethesda game on the console is literally kicking yourself in the balls.

No Bethesda game is complete without mods.

SajuukKhar:

Fappy:

Tayh:
Riveting tale, chap.

Just kidding.

I'm on the 360.

Like I know a lot of people don't have uber PCs, but buying a Bethesda game on the console is literally kicking yourself in the balls.

I loved Morrowind and Oblivion on consoles as well as PC. I can get 100's of hours of fun in the unmodded vanilla versions of Bethesda games.

Fappy:

I loved Morrowind and Oblivion on consoles as well as PC. I can get 100's of hours of fun in the unmodded vanilla versions of Bethesda games.

Im not sure how you could play Oblivion without the community patch by Arthmoor or w/e his name is.

Zenn3k:

TizzytheTormentor:

Rogue.

Who said anything about playing as a rogue?

TizzytheTormentor:

Zenn3k:

TizzytheTormentor:

Rogue.

You did, unless you are telling me you intend to play the game as rosie red cheeks on the side of someones face...pretty sure thats not in the character creator.

YAY! Now when will they make DLC? Beth's always got some good expansion pack like DLC. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Skyrim.

Zenn3k:

TizzytheTormentor:

Zenn3k:

Rogue.

You did, unless you are telling me you intend to play the game as rosie red cheeks on the side of someones face...pretty sure thats not in the character creator.

I feel this comic is highly appropiate:

I am sort of still hanging away from Skyrim until they are done patching it because I am sick of updating all my mods for every new version heh heh.

I hope they fixed the glitch for The Companions.

I'm all for keeping my Werewolf status, I just want to complete the quest and get rid of those stupid heads.

SajuukKhar:

Fappy:

Tayh:
Riveting tale, chap.

Just kidding.

I'm on the 360.

Mods don't really make the games all that better.

Sure, they can sweeten the experience somewhat, but if you didn't like the game to begin with, mods aren't going to suddenly change your mind.

I remember getting Oblivion on my Xbox, and then I got it on PC. After faffing around with mods for a while, I didn't really see what the fuss was all about.

And the modding community consist of perverted man-children. Seriously, how many fucking nude mods do they need?

Zenn3k:

TizzytheTormentor:

Zenn3k:

Rogue.

Mods, man. Mods.

OT: COOL! Now, when I'm done my current backlog...

Great now I'm definitely gunna need to go back and finish this, and I was hopping to get things done this summer.

Daystar Clarion:

SajuukKhar:

Fappy:

I'm on the 360.

Sure, they can sweeten the experience somewhat, but if you didn't like the game to begin with, mods aren't going to suddenly change your mind.

I remember getting Oblivion on my Xbox, and then I got it on PC. After faffing around with mods for a while, I didn't really see what the fuss was all about.

And the modding community consist of perverted man-children. Seriously, how many fucking nude mods do they need?

Way too many. For the longest time the most endorsed DAO mod on Dragon Age Nexus was the better sex scenes mod.

Daystar Clarion:

I guess the mod that fixes 1000+ bugs in the game didnt make the game better?

Nor did the 100+ hours of new quests I got via mods iddnt make it better?

If you really think that most of it was nude mods then you havent looked at a large number of mods

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked