Far Cry 3 Multiplayer Footage

Kinda suprised no one posted about this.(searched)

For me It looks like a combination of BF3(graphics) & COD(pretty much the rest), what do you guys think?

Hmm. It... it reminds me of... something, but I can't quite place it.

It's as if I've seen this many times before, but not in this exact form.

Strange, very strange.

Looks very, very CODish. Now, I like playing me some COD, but seriously, shooters need to do something more than simply ape COD if they want to stand out.

Also, just my personal opinion, but the HUD looks horribly cluttered up. I like games which keep onscreen info to a minimum, or at least to a reasonable level. The screen in FC3 just looks horribly busy and distracting. Strange, considering the lengths they went to in FC2 to try and make the integration of HUD elements and gameplay more natural.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:
Looks very, very CODish. Now, I like playing me some COD, but seriously, shooters need to do something more than simply ape COD if they want to stand out.

Also, just my personal opinion, but the HUD looks horribly cluttered up. I like games which keep onscreen info to a minimum, or at least to a reasonable level. The screen in FC3 just looks horribly busy and distracting. Strange, considering the lengths they went to in FC2 to try and make the integration of HUD elements and gameplay more natural.

This is a pre-alpha, although I doubt they will completely overhaul the HUD but they will probably make some changes.

This looks alot like a fun holiday with guns. There seems to be not much new, except the nice setting and the tourist outfits. I`m more interested in the sp but a good mp is always a bonus.

Looks very shiny and fun, but so did Far Cry 2 and I hated the way the multiplayer felt, I disliked how it felt in the singleplayer but I still managed to get somewhere before giving up on that.

In a nutshell, multiplayer in any Far Cry is a far second for me.

Looks like battlefield gun play in uncharted maps with Cod mechanics and killzone 3 melee kills.

Call me jaded, but I'm just getting so tired of CoD ripoffs that it's hard to give a new game that comes out a fair trial...

Note that when I say CoD, I mean 'Modern military-style first person shooter'.

Ehhh, I guess I'll check out the reviews when it comes out but from what I see in this video it's just another of those games.

The animations at the end look like a cool idea. A way to get back at the spawn camping top player from the other team or to free the honest playing skilled leader of the opposing.

Are you fuckin' kidding me? That's FR3 multiplayer? It looks exactly like CoD! Except it will be better because it will have a map editor. I would have expected Ubisoft of all people to make something more original after AC multiplayer.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

But the shooting in FC 2 was pretty bad, I don't see the problem with ripping off something good in terms of mechanics.
Also It's like 4 months till the game ships the HUD should be cleaned up.

Why is multiplayer still something people need to cover!?

It's going to be the same as pretty much every other multilayer component out there. Even all the things they claim to be innovations have been ripped straight from other titles. Multiplayer is just a way of padding out the games life without employing writers to make the singplayer longer. (Because we all know, FPS's stories are hilariously bad)

"Quick, let's try to capture some of the Call of Duty Market!".

Anyone remember Farcry?

You know, the original Far Cry? The game this series is based off.

Could we go back to that? Please?

Looks like someone who played too much MW made a mod in Crysis and set the graphic settings to medium/high.

JohnDoey:

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

But the shooting in FC 2 was pretty bad, I don't see the problem with ripping off something good in terms of mechanics.
Also It's like 4 months till the game ships the HUD should be cleaned up.

Shooting in FC2 was awesome. The problem were awkward hitboxes.

The Lunatic:
"Quick, let's try to capture some of the Call of Duty Market!".

Anyone remember Farcry?

You know, the original Far Cry? The game this series is based off.

Could we go back to that? Please?

Actually the SP is open like FC1/2.

j-e-f-f-e-r-s:

I honestly dont mind about this, FC2 multiplayer sucked overall, it was very slow and sluggish. And the problem that I have with the more recent CODs (didnt even bought MW3) is that there is always so much shit going on at the same time that nullifies any kind of strategy and it becomes closer to Unreal then anything else.

COD 4 had it right, 3 kill streaks and only one could be active at the same time of another one, while only one of them was more of a weapon then an assistance. It was also a lot more easy to understand that something was coming and that the players should take cover. Since MW2 if you happen to be somewhere open and an enemy decides to launch a predator you are fucked.

Well, that sucks. Far Cry 2 had an amazingly fun multiplayer (at least when playing with friends in LAN) thanks to some unique characteristics, it would've been nice to see a more polished version of that.

Aside from the end of the video with the executing of the enemy team's top player (that's kinda cool), it looks like Ubi took elements from BF and COD, taped them together, and made it look uninteresting. There's just nothing there that looks appealing or more fun than BF or COD. Sure, it's pre-alpha, and things may get changed somewhat between now and release, but there doesn't seem to be enough to make it stand out from the rest.

Vrach:
Well, that sucks. Far Cry 2 had an amazingly fun multiplayer (at least when playing with friends in LAN) thanks to some unique characteristics, it would've been nice to see a more polished version of that.

Fear not, you can still make your own maps in the editor and play them online.

Which is also what makes this worth giving a fuck about. Sure, its COD v1.8, but if I can make my own maps? This is gonna be sweet.

fozzy360:
Aside from the end of the video with the executing of the enemy team's top player (that's kinda cool),

Funnily enough I think the execute feature is ridiculously poor taste. I really do not see why it needs to be there.

josemlopes:
Since MW2 if you happen to be somewhere open and an enemy decides to launch a predator you are fucked.

As you should be. You let him pound your ass until he had 5 kills without dying, so stay bent over and take it.

Don't really see how being like CoD/BF is a bad thing.

NightHawk21:
Looks like battlefield gun play in uncharted maps with Cod mechanics and killzone 3 melee kills.

Sounds perfect to me.

I thought the entire point of Far Cry was to place as many trees and bushes into the level as possible so you can't see where you are being shot from or who is shooting you.

That didn't look nearly cluttered enough to be Far Cry.

PS: Yes it looked like COD, but at least they had decent hit detection and the correct amount of HP.

The multiplayer in FC2 was actually pretty interesting. It did a lot of things wrong, but at least it had some promising ideas with classes and such. And I loved the map editor. As long as that comes back, I don't really mind a CoD clone multiplayer.

I liked the way they used exactly the same insta-knife-kill animation as Battlefield 3 had (at 1:38ish)

It looks just like COD yes, but there seems to be quite a bit of innovation and extra stuff going on (like the Battlecry boosts) Hopefully there's enough new gameplay stuff in there to keep it fresh.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Vrach:

Fear not, you can still make your own maps in the editor and play them online.

Which is also what makes this worth giving a fuck about. Sure, its COD v1.8, but if I can make my own maps? This is gonna be sweet.

Meh, it's not the maps I'm disappointed by, it's the game's style. I actually liked the whole "there's a bullet stuck in my leg" thing in FC2, it was kinda like a more vivid Fallout 3 system with limb damage, it added a bleeding effect, the need to take cover to recover from your wound (and not just watch blood fade from the screen). It was by no means fully realistic, but it did add an interesting dimension to gameplay and I quite liked it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Battlefield fan and would never really play FC3 for the multiplayer, but considering FC2's multiplayer was a tacked on feature, it did a nice job of trying something new and offering a multiplayer that, while not a spotlight of the game (which wasn't its intention anyway), was fun and interesting. Personally, I preferred that over what this seems to offer, but I guess this'll be a nice blend of CoD and Counter Strike for all the fans of the two games (and there are undoubtedly many).

Oh and I agree, the whole "execution" thing... if you ask me, they're just looking for publicity there, it's completely unnecessary, adds nothing to the game. I don't mind it being brutal or anything, that's what FC2 was as well and it's appropriate to the game, but it's just tacked on here, it doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Besides, what's the logic of 'punishing' the best player of a losing team? There's already a trend of people leaving matches or jumping ship, why lessen the incentive to stay and fight further?

Yet another Call of Duty game? Didn't they just come out with o-..Oh, it is Far Cry 3, my mistake.

"Alright guys, we have an engine that supports huge, open maps and vehicles, what should we do for the multiplayer?"
"Uhh... how about a Call of Duty clone?"
"Genius!"

This game better encourage teamwork. If they told the people playing to make the video more interesting by sticking together... ugh.

I'm getting the impression of a COD clone with some extra bells and whistles. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked