Mas Effect 3 was an unfinished game.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

It can be argued that that ME3 was an unfinished game. Rushed areas can easily be seen, and the Final Hours app shows this too with key parts of the game being cut out.

With EA (the famous money grabbing DLC company) releasing the DLC to make the game finished for free, pretty much proves the game was unfinished?

If people find this okay, will it set a dangerous precedent? If EA gets away with releasing an unfinished game won't it be really bad for the industry?

That's what we need.

Another ME3 thread going over all the same points that eleventy billion other threads have gone over.

SajuukKhar:
Really do we need this thread again?

]

Yes everyday in fact.

SajuukKhar:

At least there aren't any arrow in the knee jokes yet....
Ooop, wait:
I used to be interested in people opinions, but then I took a "mass effect 3 was unfinished" thread to the escapist. AGAIN.

I guess this is an unfinished issue too.

I wish I had a tardis or flux-capacitor enabled Delorean, the ability to travel a year into the future and get away from the main vanguard of these threads would be lovely.

wooty:

I wish I had a tardis or flux-capacitor enabled Delorean, the ability to travel a year into the future and get away from the main vanguard of these threads would be lovely.

You just know they'll still be here waiting to bite you in the ass when you log back in.

wooty:

No no, what you should do is go back in time and get Bioware to use a different ending. That way all of these stupid 'ME3 ending' threads would never exist.

Or get them to instead of changing the ending, send out pictures of the staff giving out middle fingers - wouldn't solve anything, but we wouldn't have to see another Ending thread as everyone would be raging about them giving the middle finger.

But if you are set on going into the future a year... can I come with? Granted there'll probably be a whole bunch of threads raging at whatever's just been released, but... I'll take that over ME3 threads any day.

wooty:

Or...you could do the smart thing and go back in time to warn bioware of all this damn backlash and get them to fix the ending up before they release it, thereby nipping this whole thing in the bud before it starts (Or, at the VERY least, minimize the damage).

Or do the even smarter thing by just throwing your arms up, saying 'screw this' and just going forward into another time period/world and have epic adventures seeing as you have a time-machine. So why waste it's abilities just to fix up a single game?

endtherapture:

If people find this okay, will it set a dangerous precedent? If EA gets away with releasing an unfinished game won't it be really bad for the industry?

Of course it's bad for the industry.

The pathetic thing is that simple minded morons quite happily throw their money at EA and then asked to be kicked in the genitals again.

People defend the practice of cutting things out of a game and adding it to DLC.

People will pay for anything.

As long as people are willing to throw money at bollocks like that then it's only going to get worse.

And that's about me done for being serious for a day, back to giant pink toenail clipping eating mushrooms.

I dont know..I feel like theres more too it

taken at face value the ending ist "just bad" its not "just ambiguous" and not "just depressing" its not "just nonsensical" ..its all of those things plus more

its simply TOO horrible to make me think that they were like "yep, were cool with this" and thenthey were done with it

but...*sigh* mabye Im just in denial

endtherapture:
It can be argued that that ME3 was an unfinished game. Rushed areas can easily be seen, and the Final Hours app shows this too with key parts of the game being cut out.

With EA (the famous money grabbing DLC company) releasing the DLC to make the game finished for free, pretty much proves the game was unfinished?

It has been like that for YEARS that games had shitty endings and unfinished/rushed out section of the games. People needed to see the same thng happen to ME to open their eyes.

I know there some games out there with a decent/great ending but they are too few of those Heroes out there.

The game was rushed. Aw muffin. Games and film are like this occasionally. Remember KOTOR 2?

It felt complete when I played it.

Pretty much every character got some attention. We got a good idea as to what many of the characters would be doing after the game. The ending wasn't a cliffhanger. The game took about 40 hours to play through.

Seems to add up to me.

yaydod:

endtherapture:

It has been like that for YEARS that games had shitty endings and unfinished/rushed out section of the games. People needed to see the same thng happen to ME to open their eyes.

I know there some games out there with a decent/great ending but they are too few of those Heroes out there.

The more you think into the game the more rushed it feels. Especially when compared to Dragon Age Origins.

Compare Denerim to Earth. In Denerim you had all your "war assets" avaliable to help every time. Characters from the games like the Legion of the Dead turned up to help you at various points and in the final battle on the castle roof. In ME3...nothing?

The only part of the game where your decisions actually mattered was Tuchanka. And there was still not-Mordin and stuff. The replacement for Legion was just pathetic. The Rachni decision was pathetic.

Loads of games had somewhat shitty endings...KoTOR2, NWN2, The Witcher 2, but there was not as much of a furore over them.

endtherapture:

If you read what the DLC was about then you would know that all this DLC will do is further EXPLAIN the endings to help some people understand why the ending(s) went down as they did.

It's nice to see hoping onto a the hate train so late but come on.

It was rushed, EA made them rush it out, they always do this, just look at Dragon age 2.

Shanicus:

No no, what you should do is go back in time and get Bioware to use a different ending. That way all of these stupid 'ME3 ending' threads would never exist.

That would create a time destroying paradox.

I would rather have a crappy ending to a ultimately unimportant game then have existence erased.

Xannidel:

endtherapture:

If you read what the DLC was about then you would know that all this DLC will do is further EXPLAIN the endings to help some people understand why the ending(s) went down as they did.

An ending shouldn't have to be "explained". That's pathetic. If a film had a confusing ending, and then said months later "hey everyone come back to the cinema to watch the ending being explained" it would be pathetic.

If you don't like talking about Mass Effect you know what's even easier than complaining? not going into the thread at all. Seriously why are all these people who didn't even play the game getting involved? It doesn't affect you, why do you even care?

endtherapture:

Xannidel:

endtherapture:

An ending shouldn't have to be "explained". That's pathetic. If a film had a confusing ending, and then said months later "hey everyone come back to the cinema to watch the ending being explained" it would be pathetic.

I am not sure how it is pathetic that they are taking the time to listen to people bitch, like you I might add, and work on a DLC that helps clarify and extend the endings so people are less confused/angry at either the game or Bioware.
But I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinions and you are more then welcome to not download the DLC.
I am sure that after the DLC is out people will still complain but at least they are taking the time to do this for us instead of ignoring everyones' complaints and going on with their lives.

I love how everyone's jumping on the Bioware/Mass Effect 3 hate train for just about the same reasons why Mass Effect 2 sucked.

SajuukKhar:

Shanicus:

I would rather have a crappy ending to a ultimately unimportant game then have existence erased.

This is why we can't have nice things.

People too afraid to stand up for what they believe just because it might destroy all of existence or even contort it into a bizarre purgatory-like pit of insufferable existential horror.

Phht.

Babies.

I don't know... the whole thing brought about some pretty funny memes.

SajuukKhar:

Hey some of us have been busy. We haven't had time to properly rage out about it yet. Just ignore us... we'll vent and then go back to looking at cat videos like the rest of the internet.

I'll be quick.

-Ending sucked.
-EA Bioware screwed up.
-Probably unfinished, but I doubt other companies want to catch the flak EA Bioware did over the whole thing. So they won't copy it. Unless they really want some free cupcakes.

Okay, I'm done. Back to watching streamed videos of pussies.

... Of course I mean cats <.<

WoahDan:
If you don't like talking about Mass Effect you know what's even easier than complaining? not going into the thread at all. Seriously why are all these people who didn't even play the game getting involved? It doesn't affect you, why do you even care?

It's more proof that Bioware's continuously falling deeper and deeper into the shithole. And it's kind of an "I told you so" moment for me, because I knew that something like this would happen, with Bioware's current direction and the reason's they're receiving praise.

deathbydeath:
I love how everyone's jumping on the Bioware/Mass Effect 3 hate train for just about the same reasons why Mass Effect 2 sucked.

Yeah, this is the one thing that confuses me about all this. I mean, I get the anger at Bioware's bad writing, but why is the line in the sand drawn at the disconnect between the ME3 ending and the rest of the series?

Most games ship unfinished...you could say the same thing about most movies, books, software, and a whole load of other stuff. It all ends up as a balance between how buggy/good the product is, and how much it's going to cost to fix that in time & money.

For example, facebook is unfinished, and it never will be (from what I understand of Mark Zuckerberg's philosophy). I'd say all the complaints about ME3 endings stem from it being rushed, rather than unfinished.

deathbydeath:

WoahDan:

It's more proof that Bioware's continuously falling deeper and deeper into the shithole. And it's kind of an "I told you so" moment for me, because I knew that something like this would happen, with Bioware's current direction and the reason's they're receiving praise.

ME3 was a good game..at least

its just the ending thats the problem

but I guess its not just the game itself..but all theother crap surrounding it (EA, DLC and such)

EDIT: I mean if theres at leat one thing good to come out of this its united the fanbase and distracted everyone from the millions of other things they could probably find to complain about

'Setting a dangerous example'?

Well seeing as how people have been rushing games out before they were properly finished for years, nope I don't see this as being a new thing that only started due to Mass Effect.

It is EA's fault they are ruining Bioware's games with their obsessive compulsive money harvesting policy.
I really want to boycott EA but I cant because they have a monopoly over games I love like Dead Space, Dragon Age and other stuff, they are just too big to boycott. If you boycott them you are effectively boycotting a large portion of the industry.

As for you attention seekers moaning about the ME3 ending threads, if you dont like em dont click on them. Simple really

was it unfinished - yes.
do we need to talk about it - no.
will we really let EA get away with this? - ubisoft got away with prince of persia DLC.

so guys, what do you think of the new spiderman movie coming in july?

SajuukKhar:

Shanicus:

agreed.

Bhaalspawn:
The game was rushed. Aw muffin. Games and film are like this occasionally. Remember KOTOR 2?

Yeah, KOTOR 2 shipped with a pathetic tacked on ending injected into the climax due to time/money constraints, it wasn't withheld for DLC.

Quesa:

Bhaalspawn:

Yeah, KOTOR 2 shipped with a pathetic tacked on ending injected into the climax due to time/money constraints, it wasn't withheld for DLC.

Isn't that ending DLC free of charge? Yeah, it is.

Take your EA paranoia elsewhere.

Can we all just move on with our lives?

.... No? Ok. Well then, let me throw this out there. If ME3's ending is so bad, shouldnt we STOP GIVING THEM FREE ADVERTISEMENT? If everybody is talking about ME3, more people are going to read about it, thus, potentially more sales. The best thing to do about a bad ending is to complain once. No more.

And after youve complained once, pretend the game is dead and long forgotten. Your pissed at the company? Fine. Send them a letter. But stop talking about them in public. Once enough people stop bringing the game up, its sales will die. It will be known as "The bad game nobody wants to talk about", instead of "the game thats the hot topic". All your doing is feeding them.

Look at Kayne and Lynch 2. Up until the ending, it wasnt a terrible game. And the Multiplayer was decent. You know why it died though? Because people STOPPED TALKING ABOUT IT. Everybody moved on. Theres a chance there will never be a sequel. Why? Because nobody talks about it. Theres a small rumor going around that there "might" be a K&L3 coming out. But nobody cares. Because nobody knows, because nobody talks about it.

So if you REALLY are angry at the game, and you REALLY hate the company right now, then just stop talking. Dont bring it up. Dont think about it, dont play it. Act like this game doesnt even exist. The more you show they are THAT important, the more they will think they are that important. Your giving them power by saying "This is one of the biggest things in gaming".

TL;DR: Stop talking about the game. Your not doing anything positive. The games industry is just seeing that this is something major in your life. And bad press is far better then no press.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here