Games that need a sequel the most?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What games do you guys think need a sequel the most? (Threequels etc included)

To start off, here are my picks:
The World Ends With You (DS)
Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
Excite Truck (Wii, Excite Bots doesn't count!)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS, I know it only just came out, but it's pretty awesome! ;) )

So what are your opinions?

Good Suggestions:
Mother 4
Beyond Good and Evil 2

Psychonauts, just Psychonauts

Game is Earthbound. Is no other choice on the planet except this. The fans want it, I want it, god even wants it. I WANT EARTHBOUND 4 GOD DAMNT.

XIII

It was a great game and it ended on a cliffhanger, it really needs one.

Shawn MacDonald:
Game is Earthbound. Is no other choice on the planet except this. The fans want it, I want it, god even wants it. I WANT EARTHBOUND 4 GOD DAMNT.

Surely it would be Earthbound 3 or Mother 4?

;)

Space Marine and Brink had some really good ideas and less than stellar game mechanics. Sequels that could nail them down would be awesome.

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

;)

Game already exists. Already came out years ago for the GBA. The game in question is Mother 3. In America town we call it Earthbound, they call it Mother because they like tenta rape, lol. It will always be Earthbound to me and I want number 4.

Shawn MacDonald:

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

;)

Game already exists. Already came out years ago for the GBA. The game in question is Mother 3. In America town we call it Earthbound, they call it Mother because they like tenta rape, lol. It will always be Earthbound to me and I want number 4.

Earthbound is the second in the sequence or, Mother 2.
Earthbound 4 would mean it was mother 5 which would skip a non-existant sequel as there are only 3 current mother games hence my comment.

Surely it would be earthbound 3.

In "America town" you call Mother 2, Earthbound.

Star Wars: Republic Commando and Star Wars: Battlefront II.

I think I may have just ninja'd a few people.

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

Matthew94:

;)

Earthbound 4 would mean it was mother 5 which would skip a non-existant sequel as there are only 3 current mother games hence my comment.

Mother(nes)
Earthbound(Snes)
Mother 3(GBA)

It's all the same thing.

Shawn MacDonald:

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

Mother(nes)
Earthbound(Snes)
Mother 3(GBA)

It's all the same thing.

It really isn't.

Mother
Mother 2 - Earthbound
Mother 3 - Earthbound 2
Mother 4 - Earthbound 3
Mother 5 - Earthbound 4

Deal with it.

Ditto Mirror's Edge. I'd love to see a sequel that capitalized on the good stuff while straining out the crap. A decent writer wouldn't hurt as well.

Also, I'm now going to mention Beyond Good & Evil like I always bloody do.

Mirror's Edge.

Alpha Protocol.

Zhukov:
Ditto Mirror's Edge. I'd love to see a sequel that capitalized on the good stuff while straining out the crap. A decent writer wouldn't hurt as well.

Also, I'm now going to mention Beyond Good & Evil like I always bloody do.

jup Beyond good and evil
I loved it yet hated it

brilliant gameplay and a beautiful world. But way to short. I loved it but was craving way more than it delivered

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

Matthew94:

Mother(nes)
Earthbound(Snes)
Mother 3(GBA)

It's all the same thing.

It really isn't.

Mother
Mother 2 - Earthbound
Mother 3 - Earthbound 2
Mother 4 - Earthbound 3
Mother 5 - Earthbound 4

Deal with it.

Games that need to be made. That would be Earthbound 4. Would you kindly peddle your ass to Starmen.net and see what they think. Your saying Earthbound and Mother 3 are different huh? Mother 3 and Earthbound both have Pokey as the main bad guy. Have several references to Earthbound in Mother 3. To argue with someone who has not played the games is pointless.

Can we just all agree there needs to be a new Earthbound game and be done with it? ;)

Shawn MacDonald:

Matthew94:

Shawn MacDonald:

Mother(nes)
Earthbound(Snes)
Mother 3(GBA)

It's all the same thing.

It really isn't.

Mother
Mother 2 - Earthbound
Mother 3 - Earthbound 2
Mother 4 - Earthbound 3
Mother 5 - Earthbound 4

Deal with it.

Games that need to be made. That would be Earthbound 4. Would you kindly peddle your ass to Starmen.net and see what they think. Your saying Earthbound and Mother 3 are different huh? Mother 3 and Earthbound both have Pokey as the main bad guy. Have several references to Earthbound in Mother 3. To argue with someone who has not played the games is pointless.

Earthbound and Mother 3 are different games.

Earthbound is Mother 2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EarthBound

EarthBound, also known as EarthBound: The War Against Giygas! and released as Mother 2: Gyiyg no Gyakushū

Released as Mother 2.

Seeing as EB is M2 it would stand to reason that EB4 would be M5 but M4 has not yet been made so there is no reason to hope for a EB4, you should want a M4.

Having the same Villian doesn't mean shit. The Villian in Star Wars IV and V are both Darth Vader. Are they now all of a sudden different versions of the same film?

Mother 3 would obviously have references to EB seeing as they are different games.

To be fair, I am pretty sure Earthbound = Mother 2. Because Earthbound was on the SNES and Mother was on the NES. I'm no expert, but I'm about 98% sure that is the case.

MaxiP62:
Can we just all agree there needs to be a new Earthbound game and be done with it? ;)

No, he doesn't understand sequels and I have nothing better to do at 2AM so I shall debate until he sees where he is going wrong or until he proves I am wrong.

I would like to see a sequel to the Chrono Cross game, one that ties everything up better than the end of that one did.

I liked the Alan Wake American Nightmare, but I would love to see a real, full sequel to Alan Wake.

Mirror's Edge I suppose.

And I'm still waiting on the next Half-Life game, though I don't think that counts.

That's it I guess. There are several games where I think the endings could be redone, or another game needs to be in the series, but I can live with what I got. Those three games though, I would like to see sequels to.

Battlefront III but I got ninjad on that one. I know this only just came out but Kingdom of Amular. The first game was good and polished and amazing but I think a sequal can improve and bring the series into its own. Improved combat, story telling, smarter enimies and more varitiy.

Matthew94:

MaxiP62:

No, he doesn't understand sequels and I have nothing better to do at 2AM so I shall debate until he sees where he is going wrong or until he proves I am wrong.

Fair enough. I know the story is unrelated, however the title of the story will end this argument dead in its tracks.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/04/01/mother-4-aka-earthbound-3-not-happening-says-shigesato-itoi.htm

MaxiP62:

Matthew94:

MaxiP62:

Fair enough. I know the story is unrelated, however the title of the story will end this argument dead in its tracks.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/04/01/mother-4-aka-earthbound-3-not-happening-says-shigesato-itoi.htm

Thank you, the debate is over.

YAH HERE THAT, EARTHBOUND 3 AIN'T HAPPENING. FORGET ABOUT 4. 3 AIN'T COMING BRAH!

Ahem... Well, I think I got my point across.

Eternal Darkness 2. >:I

Konami needs to go back to making side-scrolling beat-em-ups. They made the first great Simpson's game and, arguably the best TMNT games ever made. It doesn't matter what they do; there's a bunch of things they COULD make into a side-scrolling beat-em-up (Futurama, Bob's Burgers, a new Simpson's, something mixing Yahtzee, AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, etc) but get Konami to work on a new side-scrolling beat-em-up.

Speaking of Side-Scrolling beat-em-ups; Ninja Baseball Batman. I don't know if it needs a sequel but it needs an official console/PC release.

Well...can I count sequels/games already made, but not given a US release? Because I really think that Mother 1 and Mother 3 need to be given official US releases already. If only so fanboys will stop crying about having to pirate and patch them.
Also...personally, I'd like to see a sequel to PN03. It was like, a combination of a third person shooter, a bullet hell shooter, and a rhythm game (you had to listen to the beat to dodge correctly). With a little more enemy variety, which sequels always seem to provide, it would be completely awesome.

XIII
Advent Rising
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Mirror's Edge
Alpha Protocol
XIII
Beyond Good And Evil

Skies of Arcadia. I think I win.

After some thought on things that havent been said in the thread yet... Dark Souls.

And an actual Ace Combat 7 would be nice Namco.

MaxiP62:
What games do you guys think need a sequel the most? (Threequels etc included)
So what are your opinions?

Xenogears.

Remember, Xenosaga was a prequil so that trilogy doesn't count.

So yeah... Xenogears Episode 6 (since the original was technically Episode 5).

Or hell, they could even do another Prequil... Xenogears Episode 2, 3, or 4 (since the Xenosaga trilogy was actually Xenogears Episode 1).

trooper6:

Advent Rising

To which I add Psi-Ops, one of my favorite games from the Xbox generation.

Half-Life 2, and im not talking about the fictional Episode 3, I mean a REAL Half-Life game.

Well, it's already been said, but Mirror's Edge, Alpha Protocol, Battlefront. Wouldn't mind another singleplayer KotOR either.

Dreamfall

The Longest Journey *must* continue. I want to know what happened to April Ryan, to Crow and Zoe. I want to find out about the conspiracy and the alternate worlds! I want to explore those wonderful settings again, to see April visit New Venice and meeting with her old friends.

I want it so much.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked