Pokemon Conquest is coming to the US! (Nonubagas ambition)

http://m.ign.com/articles/1222303

http://n4g.com/news/973885/pokemon-conquest-trailer-and-intro-video

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/04/pok-233-mon-conquest-headed-west.aspx

Yea! I cant wait for this, I always enjoyed the concept of pokemon battling mixed with being able to place my pokemon in different places. (The mystery dungeon games scratched the urge for those games...but were not the same)

I hope there's a way to get my actual team into there....

So escapists, thoughts? (Hopefully none that involve "Gen x sucks!!!")

I'm really looking forward to it. I think this looks like one of the best Pokemon Spinoffs since PokePark (while those weren't that long ago, they are some of my favorite Pokemon games right now. I hope this title will join them)

I really like the character designs, I probably wont get it but it seems like a cool idea.

I was not aware that Gen X'ers were involved in Pokemon. :P

OT: Want very much. I'm a big SRPG fan.

So it's basically a SRPG version of Pokemon?

Okay then.

Remind me again why Nobunaga needs POKEMON, when he can singlehandedly kill everyone with his demon powers.

Am I the only person that seeks Cao Cao from Dynasty warriors, and Kanbei when I see Nobunaga in this game?

Seriously, I can't be the only one.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, I now feel the strange urge to go out and buy the all new Chevy Sonic... odd...

EFF YEAH

it's funny how Pokemon makes me wanna dig out my DS phat after being ignored for half a year because of his three-dimensional brother.

and yeah, I know I could play it on the 3DS but still...

Holy Arceus I am looking forward to this! Although, riddle me this Ecapists: How did that one warlord obtain Mewtwo!? Wasn't he created during modern pokemon games, and not in Feudal Japan?

A SRPG pokemon game? Yes please! This may be a step in the right direction to get the open world pokemon game.

You sir, have caught my attention. I am greatly looking forward to this, although we need something similar to this in the regular pokemon universe as well.

Well...this sounds...interesting.
All I can say, is I hope that the Nobunga's Black Rayquaza event comes to America along with the game. I've always wanted a shiny Rayquaza...

Icetailgreg:
Holy Arceus I am looking forward to this! Although, riddle me this Ecapists: How did that one warlord obtain Mewtwo!? Wasn't he created during modern pokemon games, and not in Feudal Japan?

It's best not to question that stuff. I don't know the answer...

My leader will be Empoleon, why? Because he is a boss, and my favorite Pokemon

Great Bishamewten!

Sorry, just liked the Mewtwo/Kenshin combo. Plus, you know, Monkey and a Chimchar. I think it's a Chimchar.

Awesome, I was actually expecting it to be seen as "too Japanese" and not make it over here.

You can be sure that I will buy a copy.

Icetailgreg:

So there're Pokemon that are the heat of the sun and yet don't destroy all life on the planet and you're confused about time travel?

Terminate421:

Im confused, What does Pokemon or Nobunga have to do with Generation X as someone else asked.

Pokemon is connected to Generation Y or the ME Generation (Millennial) The children born between 1980-1999

Connections to Nobunga would extend well beyond one single generation if your refering to the video game Nonubaga's ambition, and infinitely more if your referring to the historical figure.

Anyway, looks like an interesting concept. Have to wait to see more of it before passing judgement.

viranimus:

Terminate421:

Im confused, What does Pokemon or Nobunga have to do with Generation X as someone else asked.

Pokemon is connected to Generation Y or the ME Generation (Millennial) The children born between 1980-1999

I think the OP intended "x" to be a variable.

SargentToughie:
Am I the only person that seeks Cao Cao from Dynasty warriors, and Kanbei when I see Nobunaga in this game?

No, you're not. Even Koei themselves see it like that.

OT: Hey OP, you might want to fix the mistake in your heading.

Nobunaga*

ChupathingyX:

viranimus:

Terminate421:

I think the OP intended "x" to be a variable.

SargentToughie:

No, you're not. Even Koei themselves see it like that.

OT: Hey OP, you might want to fix the mistake in your heading.

Nobunaga*

It's one of those things where I am attempting to prevent the inevitable poster who says, "Pokemon stopped being good after the first gen!!"

LilithSlave:
Awesome, I was actually expecting it to be seen as "too Japanese" and not make it over here.

You can be sure that I will buy a copy.

My thoughts exactly.
Now, I'm going to have to pay way more attention to this game. =D
But...
I've played a lot of pokemon, but I don't know diddly squat on nobunaga's ambition.
Would anyone care to fill me in a little?

It seems like Pokemon Dungeon goes SRPG. I'm not too sure if it will be exactly like that, but I like my SRPGs to be more, like SRPGs.

Yes. Yes I will be getting it since it appears to be different from any Pokemon game that I'm aware of.

Also, Pokemon in Feudal Japan? Just tell me when to get it and you can have my money.

Terminate421:

It's one of those things where I am attempting to prevent the inevitable poster who says, "Pokemon stopped being good after the first gen!!"

Yeah I thought so.

And you should really fix that typo on the heading.

It should say "Nobunaga's Ambition"

Rakun Man:

Would anyone care to fill me in a little?

A very long running series (1983) from Koei (Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Romance of the Three Kingdoms etc.).

The games are mostly all turn-based, SRPG's which involve playing as the Oda forces or other daiymos during the Sengoku period of feudal Japan and winning by completeing certain objectives.

They involve all the stuff you see in games like Civ and Empire such as governing towns/cities, increasing support from the people, creating armies and stuff like that.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked